Reputation score
Re: SBS Notice Board

i love you kids.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

What, for doing all your work for you?

Also, I have a concept in mind, going to wait until I get home to type it out though, its gonna be a doozie if I can remember all the backstory that running through my head :)

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

As with several other Roleplays on the forum, I intend on joining this. I get the feeling I may be extending myself a bit far... but they're all too good to give up on. Snake, my character, should be PM'ed to Nunu sometime within the next few weeks, as I had already completed half of it while I was on the other forum.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Are you going to treat this as a casual roleplay? Or will you try to convert it to a semi-lit+ roleplay? :p

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Are you going to treat this as a casual roleplay? Or will you try to convert it to a semi-lit+ roleplay? :p
...Semi-what? *looks it up*

Oh, haha. :mad: You made a funny. :p

</joke>

<srs bsns=spelling>
...Though in all seriousness, if anyone states that they want/do not mind having their posts critiqued and/or optimized, I will attempt to do so (Assuming that I have the time... Which, honestly, is not looking likely at the moment, considering all the roleplays + Uni...)

Besides, most of the posts made by the remaining players are significantly literate anyway; certainly enough so for proper understanding of what they are attempting to convey.
</srs>

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Generally I try to stay literate, however due to a recent drain of creativity fluids I've been reduced to badly structured dialogue in opposed to my normal posts. Then again, I don't push myself as hard for SBS in comparison to the extent I go to for other roleplays I'm in so...

(Other roleplays require me to write about 1-2 pages per post at minimum, so I use this one to relax on the side...)

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Generally I try to stay literate, however due to a recent drain of creativity fluids I've been reduced to badly structured dialogue in opposed to my normal posts. Then again, I don't push myself as hard for SBS in comparison to the extent I go to for other roleplays I'm in so...
Literate =/= large post, and there's nothing wrong with your dialogue, or being dialogue heavy in general - in fact, I find I tend to be too heavy on actions, which is far more detrimental than having a lot of dialogue.

(Other roleplays require me to write about 1-2 pages per post at minimum, so I use this one to relax on the side...)

*twitches*

T..that's just...

...holy crap. I only write 1-2 pages on my rants and criticisms for whole stories. The idea of writing up 1-2 pages for each post...

*passes out*

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Literate =/= large post, and there's nothing wrong with your dialogue, or being dialogue heavy in general - in fact, I find I tend to be too heavy on actions, which is far more detrimental than having a lot of dialogue.

*twitches*

T..that's just...

...holy crap. I only write 1-2 pages on my rants and criticisms for whole stories. The idea of writing up 1-2 pages for each post...

*passes out*
Not kidding there, I have a Microsoft word document over 200 pages from a roleplay I've been in. And they're all MY posts.

Pale

Reputation score

Not kidding there, I have a Microsoft word document over 200 pages from a roleplay I've been in. And they're all MY posts.
...this is because he hangs around with pretentious elitist wannabe writers.

P

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

...this is because he hangs around with pretentious elitist wannabe writers.

P
Probably so actually. :V Most of us have been bored enough to actually write one-shots/short stories on the side while roleplaying.

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

snake... snake! SNAKE!

Pale

Reputation score

FISSION MAILED

P

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

How can you actually roleplay with posts that long anyway? Unless its a roleplay where one player is in a library and the other is a book, I don't see how that works. I've always considered it one of the flaws of online/text based roleplays that characters often end up taking turns to respond to five different questions at a time. It sounds unnatural. Same as there's only so much action you can describe at any one time without automatically god-modding.

If you've got a lot of discussions between own characters, or solo actions, then that works. But for general role play? How...

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

How can you actually roleplay with posts that long anyway? Unless its a roleplay where one player is in a library and the other is a book, I don't see how that works. I've always considered it one of the flaws of online/text based roleplays that characters often end up taking turns to respond to five different questions at a time. It sounds unnatural. Same as there's only so much action you can describe at any one time without automatically god-modding.

If you've got a lot of discussions between own characters, or solo actions, then that works. But for general role play? How...
Resolved by discussing with each other out of the roleplay for ages, asking for permission to do this action and that action... etc. But yeah, it does get monotonous at times.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

*Does a little jig*

No, this doesnt mean Im back on permanently, just posting to say while I've got the time that act as if Art and Emily have never been in the game as I'm taking them out and replacing them with Alex the Pokemon Trainer. He'll be slightly different from last time though.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

A short post, but important. Dully noted, Oni.

Pale

Reputation score

Hopefully, also duly noted..

P

Lurker
Reputation score

I am disinclined to double post in a game thread, so instead I'll ask where everyone went.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Errr..... Well after typing up a two paragraph post and losing it in a freak browser crash... I've been reluctant to start typing it again >.>.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

And I'm waiting on the others to post, since I had the last thread in town.