What's new

SBS: Post Apocalypse interest and character submission thread

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Charles stood over the bodies of the defeated students a look of contempt on his face, however the man's condition belied his victory. Charles' body, or that of the young man's he had possessed was covered in cuts and bruises, blood streaked down his face and stained his clothes a deep crimson and every so often he'd let out a violent cough that would pepper his hand and the floor with even more blood.

The man knew that he could not enact his plans for revenge with a rapidly dying body, he also knew that he couldn't finish off the people before him. Whatever it was, the young man's memories or the fact that the body was much too weak now Charles just couldn't bring himself to end them all. Cursing his bodies weakness Charles focused his remaining energy and with great difficulty he teleported out of the school grounds.

For the next several months the students lived normal lives, or at least normal by their standards. One however did get kidnapped and the rest came to her aid though other than that the school had grown quiet. Eerily quiet. It wasn't until the beginning of summer, when they were all on a school field trip that Charles turned up once more. This time his judgement was swift and the world knew of his anger. Before anyone could react the entire planet was engulfed by a maddening darkness, people turned on each other as they were quickly driven insane and those who were unaffected quickly went into hiding.

Once the dust had settled the world had become unrecognisable. Gigantic fissures ran across the surface of the planet, scarring the landscape. Earth and rock twisted into unearthly shapes, spiralling up towards the heavens and utterly impassable to all but the most reckless. What had once been the island where the school stood was now replaced with a swirling vortex of energy, no doubt Charles resided in the center of it.

The leyline, the connection between this dimension and all others situated in the school grounds had now become completely unstable, trapping all otherworldly beings in this world and stopping anything from coming in. Though before it had collapsed countless creatures poured into this world through the leyline. Not only that the unstable energies had mutated much of the worlds wildlife, warping them into unholy monsters.

The students, most of them separated during the cataclysm, now have one goal; to defeat Charles and try to restore their planet. However it's not just Charles and his minions they have to watch out for, all the monstrosities crawling the land will want a piece of them as well.

So yeah, this will be a non-canonical RP to the story Bart and myself have going in SBS: Rebirth though I'll be the only one running this one. Run down is pretty much covered up there though if you have any questions feel free to ask.

The following characters are pre-approved;
Corax
Maria
Trixie
Rolf
Aloysius
Aya
Siphon
Matt
Stella
Sho
Ian
Isabella
Grace
Ellisia
Simon
Harrel
Yume
Jackson
Athanasia
Jonathan
Emily
Gabriel

...Fucking hell, that's a lot of characters for a small amount of people...

Anyway, feel free to modify/strengthen your characters up now though any alterations from SBS will need to be approved. I can't see there being any problem though, unless people make things OP. I will say though that Corax may need to be toned down somewhat, unless Bart intends on doing what he said he may do when I discussed this with him before.

For those not coming in from SBS you'll need to have your characters approved before joining in. Also, those who are joining up outside of SBS will not know any of the SBS characters unless you've agreed on joining together at the start of the RP. I will be bringing in Isa and Emily, though Emily won't be introduced right at the start. I have plans on how to bring her in, though Isa will be joining in right at the beginning. I'll also post their sheets later on. You may want to talk amongst yourselves about pairing up and stuff.

Sheet time!

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

Abilities:

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: SBS: Post Apocalypse interest and character submission thread

I'd like to join, but with a modified version of Jonathan, with a somewhat different ability. I planned to have the one in regular SBS evolve in this or similiar direction anyway... I'll PM you later with the details, Oni, if that's not a problem.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah sure, that's fine with me.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh hell yeah, you know I'll be bringing Gabriel into this one. With a few tweaks, of course.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Righto. Spoken to Oni about most of this, so here's what my characters are up to. Apart from the stated changes, they're the same as their normal SBS incarnations.

Corax
Corax is still around, but since I'm not GMing this one he won't be appearing as a player character. With Charles having teleported off with Art's body, Corax is off trying to find out what happened to him after the cataclysm and subsequently either rescue or avenge him, depending on what he finds. While not appearing as a PC, he may or may not show up as an NPC from time to time, or as part of planned events.

Maria
Maria's pretty much the as her old SBS incarnation in terms of appearance and personality (though she's started to open up to others a little more). She's also discarded her old hoodie in favour of Corax's trenchcoat, which he gave to her before leaving.

Changes to powers: Maria's memory manipulation powers have evolved, but her sixth sense and teleportation powers have deteriorated as a result. She no longer feels her sixth sense at all, and her teleportation is now restricted to places within her line of sight. Her memory manipulation has now evolved in a variety of mind control based powers:

-Persuasion: Maria can force others to obey her spoken commands or suggestions. She must intentionally use this ability - not every command she gives has this effect naturally. Not all suggestions compel instant obedience. Targets can resist the compulsion to obey, and sometimes it may be necessary to repeat commands before the desried effect is achieved. The target must understand the command for it to take effect.

-Mind Control: By focusing on a nearby mind and telepathically feeding them commands, Maria can put a person under a kind of hypnosis. This requires active concentration.

-Mindjacking: Maria is capable of transfering her mind from her own body into another being. Her own body remains alive but inanimate during the process. Once inside the other body, Maria will begin to percieve the world through that body's senses as if it were her own. She can also attempt to fight off her host's mind and wrest away control of the body for herself. This is easier on weaker minded beings, but becomes harder the stronger her victim's mind is. Maria is capable of telepathically communicating with the host mind. She does not have to return to her own body between mindjacks - she can jump straight from one being into another. She must have a line of sight to the target before she can jump.

Aloysius
Art's disappearance/death seems to have had quite an effect on Al, who idolised him as a fellow caster. Al is now far more confident in himself and his abilities, and has become far more proficient in using them.

Changes to powers: Al no longer needs to charge to use his four basic powers: he has learned how to store the eco in his body and save it for when it is needed, as well as slowly recharge from his surroundings near constantly. He can (de)activate each power at will and switch between them instantly, though he is still only able to use one at a time. Each ability has also become somewhat more powerful.

Al must still charge up to use his Light and Dark forms, though not for as long. He is able to use them for longer periods and has managed to gain some control over his dark form (SOME control, but not total control.)

Rolf
Rolf hasn't changed much from his original SBS incarnation, though he tends to be a little more serious in fights.

Changes to powers: Rolf too has become more experienced with his abilities. He can now control more clones at once, is able to make them four times as large, and they can take more damage before dissipating. He is also able to detonate them, creating energy explosions proportional in magnitude to the size of the clone. Thus far he has not attempted to detonate more than one at any one time, as the process leaves him exhausted.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Interest definitely shown. Given what you said about powers, that answers a few of my questions already.

As far as who knows what and has found who, that can be hashed out later. With regard to relationships, that I'll have to poke Siphon about, but perfectly willing to continue the established ones we've got so far.

Let's see...advancements and changes...

Sho:
Probably going to progress/jack up the power advancement I was slowly building for with her: beyond simple wind manipulation to slightly more elemental powers, though limited to lightning, snow/cold, and to some degree, warmth. Despite what I said in the other thread, think something a little Storm-esque, except that she can't simply create the change by thinking about it. She does have to take the time to manipulate the weather around her to 'ideal conditions,' unlike with the winds that she *can* summon up at will. She can't turn a January day into 78 and sunny or shoot lightning out of her hands, but she could, feasibly, blow a rainstorm away or bring in rainclouds, alter the weather conditions to make it feasible to spark lightning, things like that.

Ian:
I really see no need to change Ian's core powers around. They're simple and straightforward, outside of his limits possibly being increased (he can do more, for longer, without tiring himself out too quickly). Might give him the ability to generate TK shields, given that's likely something he's had to adapt to. Kind of like a force field around either himself or someone else, but what it essentially is doing is forming a 'border' of his TK that's constantly pushing 'out' to keep things away. Likely wouldn't be good against magic, mental attacks, energy based attacks, anything you can't stop with force. Likely a purely defensive power, as I can't see him being able to divide his concentration between maintaining the shield and punching someone in the face at the same time. Multiple shields may be possible, but that's going to take a lot out of him. The change I mostly see happening would be in his personality and that, I think, would be something I'll discuss with Oni. Yoinks and away.

Last edited:

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Welp. Guess I might as well jump on the bandwagon.

Gabriel:
Gabriel has, for the most part, been traveling around trying to find the students that were separated during the cataclysm and bring them together.

Power changes: After the cataclysm, Gabe began to lose his ability to absorb kinetic energy into his body. However, he's now gained the ability to manipulate kinetic energy in other objects or people by touching them. This still allows him to manipulate his own energy to move at high speeds for short bursts, and allows him to turn pretty much any small object into a projectile.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I've sent Oni a PM about the changes and got approved... So I suppose it'd be nice to let you guys know what's new.

Now, the Apocalypse version of Jon is no different from the regular one when it comes to age or appearance. However, his ability changed quite a lot, and his personality differs a bit as well. The latter is mostly the result of the background events - he'll be more bitter about things, and more ruthless, prone to getting depressed. And there's another factor. So, without further ago, let's take a look at the main dish.

Ability: Jonathan is half-human, half-darkling - a being with power to change between human and dark forms at will. In dark form, Jonathan is, in his default state, a mass of black goo. However, after tapping deeper into his dark side, he had learned to change not only his shape, but the structure of dark matter as well. As a result, he is capable of assuming solid forms with various properties - they may be soft and flexible like flesh, or hard and rigid like bone. Thanks to his instincts and experimentation, he learned to take various forms, ranging from humanoid to complete abominations, and can change on a whim. Thanks to his control over his "flesh", he is capable of utilizing 100% of his physical potential in dark form, and can re-form himself after taking physical damage, as long as he doesn't lose mass. Regeneration is possible, but takes time. He feels less pain in dark form, though.

Unfortunately, Jonathan has several weaknesses. He is vulnerable to magical attacks, except for assault relying on dark energy - he can absorb it. Light magic, on the other hand, will have a devastating effect. He is no demon, but opposing elements will hurt him a lot. Human form is more resistant to light magic, but still weak. He also lost the ability to turn into mist, which turned out to be a case of "transformation: you're doing it wrong".

Jonathan's nature also affects his personality to a degree. While sunlight no longer weakens him like it used to - a result of growing stronger - it has become much less bearable to him. He loathes it now, and openly prefers to act during the night. He's also drawn towards all things dark. He also began to view the world from a less human-like point of view, aware of the call of his dark nature.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Awesome, characters. Well I plan on getting this started probably at the beginning of next week, though I'm still waiting to here from a couple of other people so I may pospone it until they post.

Though while we're here maybe we can all discuss some things. Firstly partnering up. I don't mind how we do this, or if anyone wants to partner up with anyone else though Emily will be on her own. At least for a little while. And as such won't appear until the right time. With Isa I'm unsure if she'll be will be with Grace, don't think Squid and myself worked that out as we both have outside influences that could affect what happened to our characters as well as whether them being together or not would be better for early character development.

The second, which is mostly inspired by a question Copper asked me, is what would you guys like to see in it? I have a story and event system roughly mapped out, though what I'd like to know is if any of you have anything you'd like to happen with your character. You know, stuff like challenges and whatnot.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I imagine that Jonathan would probably break off from the group after the apocalypse, if only to pull himself together - the end of the world would probably shake him really badly, and he's not a social creature under heavy stress. Being on his own would become a reason to get over himself and grow stronger, bringing him where he is at the beginning of this story.

As for what I'd like to see... Dunno. I'll let you know when I think of something.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh yeah, that's another thing; What would everybodies characters have been doing prior to the beginning of the RP?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jonathan? Probably isolating himself from humans and wandering, not caring too much about the destination. After the initial panic and failed attempts to reach his family. After a while, he'd settle down and hide somewhere, learning more about himself and starting to hunt monsters during the night. Generally, he has no goal in mind, except for getting strong enough to turn Charles into a puddle of blood and gore.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

*Chin scratch* If I could ever commit myself to this RP for real, I'd probably jump on it. As I've done before, I'll probably stick around for the beginning before running off again. Definitely interested for right now though, so lemme just throw in what Matt would go through:

After losing his job, Matt's had to go into isolation. With the apocalypse occurring, he's lost a secure supply line to his guns. Though he still has a number of weapon caches around the world, Matt's learned how to fight the demons using his own brawn now.

As a result, he's a lot more talented at close quarters combat with all kinds of improvised weaponry. He now practices killing them with his bare hands. Since he puts himself into much more danger when fighting to survive, he's become very knowledgeable of general locations on their body to target and useful strategies against different monsters. In short, he's pretty much become the Batman of the apocalypse.

This direct, prolonged contact with otherworldy beasts has also given Matt a much deeper understanding of the supernatural and has sharpened his strategic mind. However, Matt's isolation also caused his mind to deteriorate even more. His insanity is more primal than personality.

So in short, Matt's learned that guns aren't the only thing that can kill stuff. He's also fucking nuts.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, prior to the apocalypse? Gabe'd probably have been with the majority of the students on that field trip.

Post apocalypse, well, I already stated. He'd be trekking all about, trying to find the scattered students in whatever way he could and connect them all. He'd also probably be trying to find a way to fight the monsters as best he could, having lost his resistance to physical attacks.

As for plot? I couldn't care less, so long as we have direction. Gabe left his life behind when he joined the teaching staff. Gogo spitballing.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh god, doing stuff with Matt sounds like it's going to be hilarious.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hooray! We have Matt again!

Oni, you know what's up with Ian for the most part. Sho...that's a little trickier, maybe. Time to go poke an Atlantean...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Simon
Since the catastrophe and being separated from those at the school and anyone else, Simon wandered completely alone for a long period with only his shadow for company. The shadow kept him well protected from the dangers of the new chaotic world, though for a long time he only just scraped a survival in the wilderness, managing to get by and forage enough food only by grace of having read a few books on survival and other subjects such as varieties of wild mushrooms. The shock of the events caused his earlier depression to return, but he struggled on regardless trying to understand what had happened to the world, and to search for purpose. He had never quite fit in the old world before, and so perhaps this one would be more accepting of him.

His time in solitude away from the distractions, curiosities and commotions of the school (including any source of reading) helped him to tune in to his shadow and it's constant whisperings. As a result he's better able to decipher and comprehend it's cryptic clues, and unlock synergies he'd not before been able to grasp or realise were possible. The first and lesser new ability, he has learnt to manipulate and manifest the shadow to a limited degree under his own will, being able to shape and direct strands of darkness around him. The ability to concentrate it into the pseudo solid and lethal form his shadow is prone to adopting on it's own accord so far remains very much beyond him. The extent of his shadow manipulation so far remain either insubstantial, or incredibly weak. His greatest feats so far including picking up a stick, and knocking over mushrooms.

The second and most significant ability he has learnt is to shadow step. He is able to meld into and pass through into shadows, and emerge at any time from another elsewhere. Whilst "within" shadow step, he cannot sense or hear anything going on in the real world, beyond a vague 3D, black and white, mental image of areas of light and dark, but only just enough to loosely distinguish such things as the presence of humans, let alone any details. The lighter/smaller the patch or shadow he trys to enter, the longer and harder it is to do so. During the height of the day, finding substantial shadows can be tricky, with a well sized tree trunk tends to cast enough darkness for him to enter, but taking a few seconds to do so as he fades away. During morning and evening hours, the same shadow would generally be enough to move through without delay. At night time, only direct light from artificial sources will prevent him from instantly slipping away at will.
Ellisia
Mentally and emotionally, Ellisia will be severely hit by the shame of a self perceived massive failure on her part. The cataclysm has disrupted her link to her home dimension, and prevented her from either leaving or making contact in any way, thus trapping her on Earth. She's made it her sole goal now to eliminate Charles, exacting what little justice there is left to serve, and hopefully breaking the effect holding her here.

She will be cold and ruthless in her goal, having already failed in protecting people, she's shifted into the mindset of a no nonsense assassin. Everything else is secondary.

Regarding her powers, for the most part I'll just play up what she can already do to a small degree. Her spirit sense will be more honed, she'll be a little faster, a little stronger, etc.

Since the disaster she has primarily been training control over her spirit, honing her 6th sense a little, and improving her ability to shape and extend her spiritual field (To refer to the idea by any other name, think along the lines of, AT-Field/Border of Life and Death/Wall of the Soul). Also significant is that she will be wearing her full knights armour, considerably improving her general resilience and defensive ability. Lastly, during the eventual confrontation with Charles, if she believes there is a chance for victory, she will be prepared to over use her powers to a degree that will (fatally) burn herself out.

(Just like Emily literally burns up through power over use, Ellisia can actually tear her own soul apart through similar means.)
Grace
Need to figure out starting situation... will write other stuff later...
Harrel
Harrel went back home long before the apocalypse hit. He is currently going through a training course aspiring to be a spiritual therapist (yeah they have those in this Etherria place), and checks the news feeds everyday hoping to see news of Ellisia.

Won't be in the game. : P

Will be busy working long shifts for a few days, but I'll probably see if I can catch Oni for chat and finish this tomorrow evening. Also note to self... post in main game. >_>

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

*headscratches* To join, or not to join...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Join! We can always use cannon fod--*coughcough* New members!

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I think it's time I made a post for my characters.

Emily Wingate
Since the acopalypse had separated the students Emily has been wandering the land, fighting and taking down anything that comes her way. Being on her own, and especially not having her older brother to look after her, has forced the young girl to do some serious growing up in such a small space of time. As such Emily has taken on a darker outlook of life and with nothing to live for she basically has a death wish. With every battle she fights the girl has to burn up more and more Anima to defeat the increasingly stronger enemies and she knows it's only a matter of time until she has to use up so much that her body will no longer be able to protect itself from the intense heat of her own body and literally burn to death.

Powers-wise Emily hasn't gained anything especially fancy though her control over Anima usage has increased so that she can cast a lot more before having to wait for her body to absorb more Anima. She's also become a lot faster and agile though she is still as susceptible to physical damage as she was prior to the recent events.

Isabella Greenway
Personality and whatnot will be done once Squid and I have discussed some stuff.

Powers-wise Isabella's sketchbook has developed further since its powers had been warped by her kidnapper. She is now able to create several different Heropons based on the regular units that she used to be able to create however she can only create one of each though they are much stronger than their lower forms. Isabella is also now able to create a Super Heropon by combining three Heropon's. The Super Heropon can freely switch between the powers of the three Heropon's used to create it however Isabella can only keep the Super Heropon around for a short space of time as it drains her energy. Once her energy is completely drained Isabella falls unconscious and the Super Heropon is banished. Isabella can still use her book as it was intended prior to the tampering of it however she very rarely uses it like that, if ever these days.

If anyone needs anything clarified or explained in better detail about any of my characters abilities feel free to ask.