What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

tsuchinoko92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, building a personal MUGEN feels like adding elements to a secret base in Pokémon, without the silly space limits, with mods it can be even better.

I notice that Buta Yarou can lack doggystyle compatibility despite one of his hentai grapples being the classic doggystyle; I ask because after getting the Uno Tag mod, Buta Yarou could work as a ''color edit'' for victims due to his mud splatter effect gradually dyeing the victim into a brown hue, it's maximum degree outright leaving the victim in a reddish brown hue.

The color edit would remain when tagging in DongHwan, Minotaur or Murakami Mob, but Touhou rapers such as Eirin somehow ''hide'' the mud splatter during their hentai grabs; so far I am confused as to how Gettag's latest Mion has doggystyle compatibility with Brian and TOBF, even Murakami Mob, but Buta Yarou's doggystyle grab simply triggers the ''no compatibility'' throw into a downed state for Mion.

I haven't tinkered with compatibility so far, but I would like to begin by adding Buta Yarou compatibility, since as far as I've seen it's a temporary air throw that transitions into Minotaur compatibility, but I have seen a few characters that are incompatible with Minotaur's doggystyle being compatible with Buta Yarou doggystyle, such as the Iroha edit Syanahime.

So I get an idea that doggystyle compatibility to the victim could do the trick, but is there something to specifically edit in Buta Yarou's doggystyle grab? I think I am overlooking something due to lacking experience.

thethinkerwhothinks

Reputation score
If it's one of the older ones, it might just be it exclusively checking if the victim has a specific anim number or not, worst case pull it up in FighterFactory and check that out

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
My issue is that character compatibility seems to be completely hit or miss. Also that most of the characters just look like they have the same thing added to them over and over to the point that having one character is almost all you need since all the other characters really end up looking the same (at least to me). I would love to see some originality, but I also know that it is far beyond my capabilities to be the one who brings about that level of originality. I am garbage at both art as well as programming, and I accept this.

What I personally would love to see is more unique ending sequences when a character is knocked out.

Ricky

Reputation score
I see you what you mean sometimes I see copy paste body parts and then there's characters only meant for each other and no one else it would be cool if stages could interact with some chars

tsuchinoko92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll try that thinker, hopefully FighterFactory doesn't make this tough.

Now Ricky, I could suggest the Uno Tag Team Patcher which also works with 1.1, because some characters have ''field effects'' even if they are in the background as an assist.

To give two examples, Grouda and Kaiole, bootleg Groudon and Kyogre from Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire; Grouda has a permanent ''drought'' which means the stage has a sunlight shine while Kaiole has a permanent ''drizzle'' which darkens the screen and adds a rain effect.

I watch Saltybet in hopes of seeing these strange ''field effect'' characters, as well as stages, I also know there are ''exclusive'' characters there, but I doubt ''field effect'' characters will fall into that; lately I haven't been able to find a robot named ''charon'' from a Saltybet S tier tourney, who interested me in being able to create fog across the stage.

Ricky

Reputation score
I just tried team tag and wow it's a cool app I can now make finishers on sync but idk how to the background assist

bigal111

Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

a mugen thread? :D i love mugen!
if u guys want i can share the characters of my mugen.
have male - female rapists, female compatibles and lots of stuff :)
I love the H-Mugen too, I just don't know how to add characters myself to others. If anyone has a megapack with all sorts of characters, please send me a download for it. Very much appreciated

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
All you need to do is open select.def in notepad and start reading. The notes inside that file will take you through the process of adding a character.

*Advice*
I am going to assume you will fuck something up, so make a copy of the file before you open it. That way you can unfuck whatever it is you will fuck up with trial and error.

thethinkerwhothinks

Reputation score
While we're throwing questions around, would anyone have advice on still active h-char sites? Been keeping up on gettag and g-bits' twitters, and occasionally stopping by HCM, but it otherwise feels like all the h-mugen wells have dried up.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
While we're throwing questions around, would anyone have advice on still active h-char sites? Been keeping up on gettag and g-bits' twitters, and occasionally stopping by HCM, but it otherwise feels like all the h-mugen wells have dried up.
That's probably about it, other than the uploader. Problem is that people are just trying to scavenge characters and pre-built mugens, rather than actually doing the work to edit or build characters, as you can obviously see from the majority of the comments that this thread has turned into.

To use your own analogy, it's like everyone's trying to find water at the dried up wells, without going through the effort of digging up new ones.

Ricky

Reputation score
I manage to find the Demonwall but every time I load in the game it's dies whether it's the ai or first player anyone know how to fix it since it doesn't have a def. file

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Basically just HCM now. MA still "exists" but if you can imagine, they got even more horrible now. I know I didnt think it was possible either but might as well rename it "Server is too busy Archive"
Mugen creation seems to be isolated to creator discords now.

mugen1t

Reputation score
I manage to find the Demonwall but every time I load in the game it's dies whether it's the ai or first player anyone know how to fix it since it doesn't have a def. file
{creator website}
63.PNG
then pick a def file that works on your mugen
52.PNG
and rename the folder to it
456.PNG

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
mugenryona.sakura.ne.jp

Not my problem if you do not understand how to properly take advantage of what is there or not.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Basically just HCM now. MA still "exists" but if you can imagine, they got even more horrible now. I know I didnt think it was possible either but might as well rename it "Server is too busy Archive"
Mugen creation seems to be isolated to creator discords now.
Heck i don't even associate hentai mugen, or even mugen for that matter with mugen archive anymore, seeing what it turned into...

Anyway yeah there are very few places worth mentioning left around unless one is willing to fiddle around with chars himself, but i'm not terribly worried because there are plenty of sprites floating around to make anyone into editing content for a good long while(simple editing at the very least is something anyone should be able to do).
mugenryona.sakura.ne.jp

Not my problem if you do not understand how to properly take advantage of what is there or not.
Dude everyone knows about that place or should at least especially since most of the really good material originates from it...

thethinkerwhothinks

Reputation score
That's probably about it, other than the uploader. Problem is that people are just trying to scavenge characters and pre-built mugens, rather than actually doing the work to edit or build characters, as you can obviously see from the majority of the comments that this thread has turned into.

To use your own analogy, it's like everyone's trying to find water at the dried up wells, without going through the effort of digging up new ones.
I've done a couple minor edits and touchups to some characters here and there, but nothing extensive enough to make me feel comfortable with putting it out there. The most recent one I can think of is touching up gettag's old Leona XIII to use some of the more (relatively) recent versions of mugenspritelovers' sprites for her + fixing her up to play smoother with anims for tobf and some of the newer bara aggressors, but that's about the biggest one I can think of off the top of my head. Wouldn't know where to start as far as actually building something up from scratch.

Last edited:

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I've done a couple minor edits and touchups to some characters here and there, but nothing extensive enough to make me feel comfortable with putting it out there. The most recent one I can think of is touching up gettag's old Leona XIII to use some of the more (relatively) recent versions of mugenspritelovers' sprites for her + fixing her up to play smoother with anims for tobf and some of the newer bara aggressors, but that's about the biggest one I can think of off the top of my head. Wouldn't know where to start as far as actually building something up from scratch.
You know even being able to do just that much is already good enough especially nowadays where the modern way of life doesn't leave that much time for much of anything...

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
mugenryona.sakura.ne.jp

Isn't that just a dumpster of WIP content that's practically unusable at all and is just there for eye-candy and not for actual implementation though?

wait: BTW, how does that demonwall char work? it looks interesting

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Isn't that just a dumpster of WIP content that's practically unusable at all and is just there for eye-candy and not for actual implementation though?
Only if you are unwilling to learn how to do some things on your own. For everyone else it's a goldmine every now and then.