What's new

RPG RPG Maker NTR [Shadow Garden] VALKYRIA (RJ195359)

MrMarroc

Reputation score
Since the game isnt fully complete, we may see the option to instead have Ellis as a heroine around rank 4-5 once (and if) the game is completed and finalized. Iirc, most of the NTR that doesnt include losing to the bosses (other than the penalty points) happens after those ranks, so it would be feasible to assume that would be around the time you would make your choice of heroine. Much as the unfinished product was vexing and all of us are quite let down by the fact, Im still hoping that we will eventually see an update for it again.

Diego

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This may have been asked before, but how big were the changes from the first version compared to the last one in the circle's previous game? To get an idea of how many changes to expect if this one is going to be updated.

user171

Reputation score
This may have been asked before, but how big were the changes from the first version compared to the last one in the circle's previous game? To get an idea of how many changes to expect if this one is going to be updated.
Off the top of my head, there was at least a few new quests with a new NTR Ending if you lose to the quest boss and the brothel was opened. (All the new scenes in 1.21 Shadowcore were giving a new floor). That being said, there was quite a wait in between the first version of Shadowcore and the new scenes, not to mention the radio silence. No doubt it's happening right now for Val, difference is Val is basically an early access H-game

potatogod

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Off the top of my head, there was at least a few new quests with a new NTR Ending if you lose to the quest boss and the brothel was opened. (All the new scenes in 1.21 Shadowcore were giving a new floor). That being said, there was quite a wait in between the first version of Shadowcore and the new scenes, not to mention the radio silence. No doubt it's happening right now for Val, difference is Val is basically an early access H-game
I'd say the first version of Shadowcore can't be compared with Valkyria, even after the updates we've gotten so far. Shadowcore was a finished game when it first came out. It had a bunch of endings and a good amount of content. Valkyria's still not done and there's a lot hinted at that just never happens. Its by no means a bad game and I like it a lot but its obviously an unfinished game that pads out its time with all the quests and grinding. Its one thing to finish a game then go radio silent and update it at a later time. Its another thing to release an unfinished game that has a lot of promise then update it slightly and then go radio silent. Only reason I can actually have a bit of confidence in saying they might finish Valkyria is because going radio silent is the norm for the game dev.

Last edited:

MrMarroc

Reputation score
Didnt Shadow Garden at least admit that the game was unfinished in a blog/twitter update when they released it? I recall their being at least SOMETHING about them spending way too much time to finish the game, and that they were releasing at least was done so that people had SOMETHING while they worked on the full release.

I could be entirely wrong though.

Orion9137

Reputation score
Didnt Shadow Garden at least admit that the game was unfinished in a blog/twitter update when they released it? I recall their being at least SOMETHING about them spending way too much time to finish the game, and that they were releasing at least was done so that people had SOMETHING while they worked on the full release.

I could be entirely wrong though.
Yeah he did announce that, the general expectation was that he wasn't going to go radio silent for the rest of the year after releasing an unfinished product though. Especially since after all the teasing and promoting he did, the game itself is pretty barebones and packed with quest padding that have 1 H-quest per rank and none of your choices really matter.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Yeah he did announce that, the general expectation was that he wasn't going to go radio silent for the rest of the year after releasing an unfinished product though. Especially since after all the teasing and promoting he did, the game itself is pretty barebones and packed with quest padding that have 1 H-quest per rank and none of your choices really matter.
I actually expected the radio silense, in fact i would be thankfull if its like that because he wouldn't be the first developer to abandone something duw to backlash

Naru100

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to find a light source to explore the grave/crypt in front of the church?

MrMarroc

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to find a light source to explore the grave/crypt in front of the church?
The torch can be found IN the crypt, second level (where it gets real dark). You have to feel around and find it yourself, where it is exactly I dont recall.

Naru100

Reputation score
The torch can be found IN the crypt, second level (where it gets real dark). You have to feel around and find it yourself, where it is exactly I dont recall.
I found it but can't get it to work. I've tried equipping it but it didn't work

MrMarroc

Reputation score
Thats odd...as soon as you equip it you should see the light circle open up more....Im not sure what the problem there could be.

Naru100

Reputation score
Thats odd...as soon as you equip it you should see the light circle open up more....Im not sure what the problem there could be.
Oh well. also do you remeber where I can find the grave with the password to the sealed door in the crypt? Or do you remeber the password?

MrMarroc

Reputation score
I dont recall ever being able to find that passcode. However, I believe it was posted earlier in this thread.

Abyss_Nova

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Please I hope this doesn't become another incubus fantasy or spin around sarah

dark1193

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i'm getting error when i read the guild mission on wall, is there a fix?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Well this sucks. I have been ignoring this game all this time, but that's only because I was hoping to play it once the full version is available. But the dev hasn't updated his twitter, dlsite blog or Pixiv account for a whole year. I guess this game is going the way of the dodos.