What's new

RPG Loli Ryona [ShiBoo!] 魔法闘姫フロスティア (RJ326939)

Warzone225

Reputation score
I unfortunately really don't like what he did with the knockdown/restraint system. Instead of it being RNG like in the first game, it's now a QTE... which would have been fine, if it weren't for the fact that you don't have a time limit to hit the QTE. Meaning the QTEs are basically impossible to fail, and thus you will never get knocked down or grabbed. It makes the combat really easy. The first game had this nice feeling of no matter how well you played you could get screwed and lose anyway. In this one, you basically HAVE to lose on purpose to get the h-scenes. Either that or just beat the boss and unlock them in the gallery later.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I feel like he was going for some kind of homage to Precure or Nanoha anime. The number on the top left makes me think of a TV channel session from Tokyo along with all these pretty animations. All it's missing is an earthquake warning here and there heh.

A lot of the H content is still game over types, which is a waste... But not all, including a capture system in some cases where you can continue which is great. I don't mind the combat H being easily avoidable with a push of a button, as long as you don't Game over from losing which disrupts the flow of the fap. I'd say this was a moderate step up, all it's missing is more complexity with the H content system, though perhaps that would just devolve into an argument over the lack of fetishes. Either way, a decent H game in my book.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well the gameplay sure is again a good take and not the usual RPGM monotone grindfuck fest, just like Lyristia, though Warzone raises some points.
As for the thing being GOR, i'm glad the tradition continues, as it strengthens the canon idea of the core game, and gives the scenes more impact. Besides, there are already many games out there where the game continues like nothing and thus the thing just loses relevance and becomes irrelevant, which for me is what would disrupt the flow of the fap.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Well the gameplay sure is again a good take and not the usual RPGM monotone grindfuck fest, just like Lyristia, though Warzone raises some points.
As for the thing being GOR, i'm glad the tradition continues, as it strengthens the canon idea of the core game, and gives the scenes more impact. Besides, there are already many games out there where the game continues like nothing and thus the thing just loses relevance and becomes irrelevant, which for me is what would disrupt the flow of the fap.
The idea of a game over state being necessary for a video game is undisputed, but in an H game the priorities change from providing a video game experience, to providing a jerking off experience. Game overs makes you stop, load, repeat, which ironically is similar to just continuing as if the game over never happened most of the time to explore options. More over, most of the game over elements happen out of issues you likely voluntarily committed to yourself, which defeats the initial reason game overs existed, to learn from your mistakes. There's nothing core or essential about an H game needing game overs, unlike regular video games, it's an archaic design that hails back to the old generic H RPGs where you go to point A, fight a boss, lose to see H scene or win to progress the game. Versus an H game that gives freedom over picking to continue from a state at which 'bad' things happen, there's more creativity in allowing it for more degenerate H content as the character(s) have more experience in the long run for more dialogue and options towards the H scenes. Which is something we saw from this very H game no less, albeit very minor.

As for the QTE, or just key command input points, it doesn't actually matter since the combat is traditional turn based anyway, a proper QTE would actually slow the game down, and the inputs do change based on your arousal level when trying to escape making them actually raping you much more likely. The only issue is actually getting aroused in the first place I suppose.

Last edited:
OP
A

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Btw. do I pm someone or is there an option to put thread into completed games.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to the H-Games section.

vaper

Reputation score
Full save full virgin route, idk if that changes endings
save 7 before last boss save 8 after
[Edit I'm a moron and forgot about global and config so I decided to put all the files I had in save folder this time]

Attachments

Last edited:

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I caved and bought it and beat it. It's good. Of course having English text would add a lot, but it's not so complex that it'd be impossible to play without understanding.

The scenes were great, being above the previous game in asset-quality. However, at times I felt like, on average, Lyristea scenes were a bit more dynamic in the use of their assets (how cut-ins were used and all). Might've sold the desperation of a heroine being bullied by groups of villains better and also often had more "phases" of action.
Also, I think virginity does not matter at all? Can't speak for the dialogue, but unlike in Lyristea, there is not special scene when she loses it.

Still, Frostia has way more scenes overall, so I guess it balances out.

I unfortunately really don't like what he did with the knockdown/restraint system. Instead of it being RNG like in the first game, it's now a QTE... which would have been fine, if it weren't for the fact that you don't have a time limit to hit the QTE. Meaning the QTEs are basically impossible to fail, and thus you will never get knocked down or grabbed. It makes the combat really easy. The first game had this nice feeling of no matter how well you played you could get screwed and lose anyway. In this one, you basically HAVE to lose on purpose to get the h-scenes. Either that or just beat the boss and unlock them in the gallery later.
Not getting randomly screwed by RNG is a good thing, actually. Lyristea was really annoying with getting knocked down and trying to get up again at times, so I am glad that they ditched that now.
I do agree that not having a time-limit makes the system a bit pointless... should've at least added it as an option or someting.
Also, unlike Lyristea, this game doesn't have a ridiculous instant-win supermove that only requires you to wait for your single SP-bar to fill... having more RNG-knockdown mechanics with more challenging combat could've been problematic.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The idea of a game over state being necessary for a video game is undisputed, but in an H game the priorities change from providing a video game experience, to providing a jerking off experience. Game overs makes you stop, load, repeat, which ironically is similar to just continuing as if the game over never happened most of the time to explore options. More over, most of the game over elements happen out of issues you likely voluntarily committed to yourself, which defeats the initial reason game overs existed, to learn from your mistakes. There's nothing core or essential about an H game needing game overs, unlike regular video games, it's an archaic design that hails back to the old generic H RPGs where you go to point A, fight a boss, lose to see H scene or win to progress the game. Versus an H game that gives freedom over picking to continue from a state at which 'bad' things happen, there's more creativity in allowing it for more degenerate H content as the character(s) have more experience in the long run for more dialogue and options towards the H scenes. Which is something we saw from this very H game no less, albeit very minor.

As for the QTE, or just key command input points, it doesn't actually matter since the combat is traditional turn based anyway, a proper QTE would actually slow the game down, and the inputs do change based on your arousal level when trying to escape making them actually raping you much more likely. The only issue is actually getting aroused in the first place I suppose.
TLDR:
It's a heroine despair based game. If it's GOR it sells the heroine's despair, if not it doesnt quite do it.

Long text:
Archaic but undefeated. It does the job. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Old but gold.
It's the most immersive way and still the better option to date. Though yes a continue button suffices, but, what is the main theme of this? rape, bad ending, heroine in a pinch.
What would you prefer? For the sex to be as impactless and for her to shrug it off like nothing? lame
or to incorporate it in some mechanic? well, this isn't supposed to be something she or you're looking out for in-game logic, because its a bad ending. Now, extrinsically, yes, we're obviously looking for it because it's an H Game lol.
But also, look at one of the main tags and core of the dawn of these games; ryona.
It traces back to those old days, It's like when you lost on purpose to hear the girl moan or see her getting a sexy KO or whatever the fuck, with the plus of now going the full way to sex.

No, we don't want some "revolutionary" or "innovative" quotation marks mechanic where oh the sex is suppossed to do some stupid shit or whatever, if i wanted that i would prolly go play one of those games with a slut succubus who drains HP via raping the fuck out of your enemies or some crap. (I like those too, mind you).

This is still the most congruent way to showcase things. As HFalx says, it sells the heroine's desperation.
It's even obvious. "Bad ending"; It's IN the title. If it's not an ending per se, what's the point?

Now, granted, there are many games that degenerate the girl progressively and she gets to enjoy it more and more or outright ask for it/get sluttier by losing more and more times and yeah that's okay too, but to each thing/genre their own. Wouldn't you agree?

Also i like it when my h games provide a videogame experience. I mean otherwise i could just rather go read a hentai manga watch a hentai ova or something. Heck, it even boosts the H part.

You raise some valid points i agree with though the sex stats kinda don't blend in, and the QTEs without the "Time" part in it are just like lol

Last edited:
Reputation score
My only complaint is the nasty degree which seemingly unless i missed something doesn't change anything... maybe the pleasure rate that increases but given how easy it is to avoid getting raped i can't say it does that much. gave me some hope for some corruption gimmick but alas.

all in all a good game tho like the scenes more then the previous ones.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
TLDR:
It's a heroine despair based game. If it's GOR it sells the heroine's despair, if not it doesnt quite do it.

Long text:
Archaic but undefeated. It does the job. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Old but gold.
It's the most immersive way and still the better option to date. Though yes a continue button suffices, but, what is the main theme of this? rape, bad ending, heroine in a pinch.
What would you prefer? For the sex to be as impactless and for her to shrug it off like nothing? lame
or to incorporate it in some mechanic? well, this isn't supposed to be something she or you're looking out for in-game logic, because its a bad ending. Now, extrinsically, yes, we're obviously looking for it because it's an H Game lol.
But also, look at one of the main tags and core of the dawn of these games; ryona.
It traces back to those old days, It's like when you lost on purpose to hear the girl moan or see her getting a sexy KO or whatever the fuck, with the plus of now going the full way to sex.

No, we don't want some "revolutionary" or "innovative" quotation marks mechanic where oh the sex is suppossed to do some stupid shit or whatever, if i wanted that i would prolly go play one of those games with a slut succubus who drains HP via raping the fuck out of your enemies or some crap. (I like those too, mind you).

This is still the most congruent way to showcase things. As HFalx says, it sells the heroine's desperation.
It's even obvious. "Bad ending"; It's IN the title. If it's not an ending per se, what's the point?

Now, granted, there are many games that degenerate the girl progressively and she gets to enjoy it more and more or outright ask for it/get sluttier by losing more and more times and yeah that's okay too, but to each thing/genre their own. Wouldn't you agree?

Also i like it when my h games provide a videogame experience. I mean otherwise i could just rather go read a hentai manga watch a hentai ova or something. Heck, it even boosts the H part.

You raise some valid points i agree with though the sex stats kinda don't blend in, and the QTEs without the "Time" part in it are just like lol
It's the fact H game developers have deviated from the typical GOR that one can see it as being replaced with a better concept. Though, it wouldn't be completely true without saying H games that don't have GOR have not existed, since the advent of indie H games way back in 2ch days, or even the very start of Dlsite with H games like Other World Quest have had continuous gameplay after moments that would warrant game over. If you like old fashion gameplay that's one thing, but the matter of GOR being integral to the story is rather semantic and untrue given the depth of despair is an endless void, and a person suffering once and fading to black is much easier to stomach on the mind than seeing the person raped, controlling them to escape only to get raped later. In a way, kind of reminds me of the hatred people have for NTR simply because they can't stomach seeing the drama unfold before their eyes as opposed to avoidable or out of sight, out of mind scenarios. All the same, this is as you said this is more of a matter of to each their own type of commitment. Logically speaking, people should more enjoy systems where they can fap uninterrupted to which game over mechanics do not support, but you can't always apply that with fetishes anyway, especially narrative ones.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Why do people with NTR fetish have to point themselves out in any argument?
That was the most curveball statement in this thread.

easy85

Reputation score
Not getting randomly screwed by RNG is a good thing, actually. Lyristea was really annoying with getting knocked down and trying to get up again at times, so I am glad that they ditched that now.
True, but having zero h-content in h-rpg when you play "properly" is a bad thing. If I had to choose, the system from the first game is better - it's just lacked some balancing. Ideally, there should be some items that reduce a chance to be grabbed or increase the chance to escape the restraint or some sort of skill with very high cost. It's a RPG after all - if you don't want your heroine to get screwed, you should have an option to make some sort of a "build" that lets you avoid grabs - maybe a the cost of fighting power or something else.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
True, but having zero h-content in h-rpg when you play "properly" is a bad thing. If I had to choose, the system from the first game is better - it's just lacked some balancing. Ideally, there should be some items that reduce a chance to be grabbed or increase the chance to escape the restraint or some sort of skill with very high cost. It's a RPG after all - if you don't want your heroine to get screwed, you should have an option to make some sort of a "build" that lets you avoid grabs - maybe a the cost of fighting power or something else.
Not sure about that, if anything, the fact the heroine is inherently competent enough to avoid these situations makes sense. If they were always getting grabbed and nigh-raped, it makes you wonder how they've avoided it this entire time.
That and judging by Lilistea's game, Frostia is really strong - I mean, she was able to hold out solo in her quest for a while. And only lost once she was, well, grabbed.

OP
A

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Let's not forget that this is a prequel to a game where the MC was pretty much never or not yet sexually abused / harassed.
So I think it'd make perfect sense to easily be able to avoid such things in the first place.

Shaard

Reputation score
Thanks to the wonders of time differences, Frostia's game is now out! I hope it's going to get a translation surprisingly quickly, just like Lilistea's game.
Didn't Lilistea's translation take like 10 months? Released sept 2020 and Kagura released the translated one in july of 2021.