What's new

RPG Loli Ryona [ShiBoo!] 魔法闘姫フロスティア (RJ326939)

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score
I mean, it's not a bad game by any means. Clearly alot of effort went into it and the variety of encounters narrative-wise is really good.
That being said, and like someone said earlier, not to kink discussion but it got really monotonous for me personally with all the:

"I have beaten you! And now it is time for..."
(Vaginal sex?)

"Vaginal Sex!"
or
"Haha! You are defeated Frostia! And now, in this room with 4+ outrageously horny enemies, it is time for!...."
(Vaginal sex one on one while the others watch?)

"Vaginal sex one on one while others watch!"

Maybe I'm too far gone into depravity, but it would have been nice to just have some more acts than only two scenes with oral involved breaking the mould :/

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'll echo the sentiments that the game's H content is a little... vanilla. It's a very well animated game with a level of presentation that's probably above 95% of the usual stuff we see, but when it comes down to the most important part (for me), i.e. the sex content, it feels lacking in variety.

Since the other full save doesn't have all of the files you need to see them in game, here are my saves - be warned that I blatantly cheated to get through the game ASAP and see the sex content, so they're really only good for seeing the gallery.

Attachments

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll echo the sentiments that the game's H content is a little... vanilla. It's a very well animated game with a level of presentation that's probably above 95% of the usual stuff we see, but when it comes down to the most important part (for me), i.e. the sex content, it feels lacking in variety.

Since the other full save doesn't have all of the files you need to see them in game, here are my saves - be warned that I blatantly cheated to get through the game ASAP and see the sex content, so they're really only good for seeing the gallery.
That being said, Lilistea was also pretty vanilla. I guess the only really 'out there' stuff in Lilistea is a result of Bad Ends, but all the other stuff is fairly vanilla.
Can only settle for vanilla lewds on this children's magical girl show!

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
First sex scene you can get is missionary

Yeah that's not foreboding at all.

easy85

Reputation score
Ohh, so the game has combo key inputs to perform all actions... but it's still turn-based. Why...?
I mean, if it was real-time combat and inputting combos fast would give you an advantage and you'd have to decide what to do next in real-time - that would be completely different story.
Not sure about that, if anything, the fact the heroine is inherently competent enough to avoid these situations makes sense. If they were always getting grabbed and nigh-raped, it makes you wonder how they've avoided it this entire time.
That and judging by Lilistea's game, Frostia is really strong - I mean, she was able to hold out solo in her quest for a while. And only lost once she was, well, grabbed.
It's a rpg so you decide if heroine is competent or not by using items/equipment/skills or event performing QTE (real QTE - not the thing featured in this game, which lacks "quick time" component) preventing her from being assaulted... or not.

At this point - why even bother with in-battle h-content if it's not a part of combat mechanics? It's a pointless system if player basically has to fail inputs on purpose. You fail it once to see a h-scene and for the rest of game it's just pointless, additional button mashing.

I'm fine with the game being more vanilla and h-content being limited - if that's author's vision, then I can't argue. However, the game has some questionable design choices which made the game not enjoyable for me.

Last edited:

Ellu Fishi

Reputation score
I caved and bought it and beat it. It's good. Of course having English text would add a lot, but it's not so complex that it'd be impossible to play without understanding.

The scenes were great, being above the previous game in asset-quality. However, at times I felt like, on average, Lyristea scenes were a bit more dynamic in the use of their assets (how cut-ins were used and all). Might've sold the desperation of a heroine being bullied by groups of villains better and also often had more "phases" of action.
Also, I think virginity does not matter at all? Can't speak for the dialogue, but unlike in Lyristea, there is not special scene when she loses it.

Still, Frostia has way more scenes overall, so I guess it balances out.

Not getting randomly screwed by RNG is a good thing, actually. Lyristea was really annoying with getting knocked down and trying to get up again at times, so I am glad that they ditched that now.
I do agree that not having a time-limit makes the system a bit pointless... should've at least added it as an option or someting.
Also, unlike Lyristea, this game doesn't have a ridiculous instant-win supermove that only requires you to wait for your single SP-bar to fill... having more RNG-knockdown mechanics with more challenging combat could've been problematic.
I used MTL and on the day after you rescued the first princess, there's a cutscene showing her despair after I accidentally made her lose virginity (because I didn't know the gallery doesn't separate your status, so if you lose here you'll lose it in the story line too). Idk if there's more, not finishing it yet.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
If its anything like Lilistea, it probably means you're locked into the Bad Ending now. Lilistea's game is similar, in that if she ever loses her virginity, you get a special scene about it. You can then only get one of two Bad Ends, at the well, end of the game.

Raaage

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Game is pretty well made. Much better than most games out there but yeah, like the first game, doesn't have that much variety in H-content on top of being really short(well first game is also pretty short and easy). There's actually less bad ends this time around and pretty much all enemies you encounter in this game is just a lone "group" of enemies.

Would be neat Ixy tries doing a game with more than 1 party member and just more enemy types in general.

Last edited:

yc4ever

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
is it normal for battle animation to be blinking in and out? im really starting to feel the seizure here

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
is it normal for battle animation to be blinking in and out? im really starting to feel the seizure here
Yes. It's some sort of artistic decision. If you have epilesy it is probably a good idea to stay away from this game.

The game is fun to watch (cuz it's pratically an anime), but not that much fun to say. As many of you have already said, the subway like map is basically a grind fest. Also, the game punishes you way too harshly for getting raped. Once you get ejaculated inside, it's basically impossible to win.

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Why do people with NTR fetish have to point themselves out in any argument?
That was the most curveball statement in this thread.
Because always is a good time to shit on those crybabies. Even mikufanboy and me who are on opposing sides on the spectrum can join forces to do so.

That being said, come to think of it, i would consider it to be more fucked up because i mean in the other scenario the girl gets to enjoy it... but i guess that's also corruption, and also its true that well like all have said it can be pretty vainilla and considering other works out there it's a fair point... and...well...ah what the hell we are all degenerates lol but yeah good points good points

True, but having zero h-content in h-rpg when you play "properly" is a bad thing.
Oh not again...
Ah shit, here we go again...

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's not really the "Crybaby" scenario, it's just... Odd. It's the sexual version of a Jehovah's Witness-- No one really cares what they enjoy, they just never shut up about it.
Just get cucked and move on lol

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Wait, there's NTR in this game? Or is just the usual endless whining about even the slightest almost non-existent hint of NTR again? I wasn't too excited about this game since I don't enjoy watching the girl suffer through sex and not enjoy it whatsoever, but I'll give it a shot if there's actually NTR.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
100jmer Yeah it's exactly as you say
To each their own
And that is precisely why...
I mean personelly i don't like NTR (nor do i dislike it), but yeah it's annoying to see those dudes bitching about a game having it, i mean it's the game's genre/fetish, don't like it? just look elsewhere. That is the exact same case with this game, it has no corruption, so that's all there is, and just so happen that the fetish is best portrayed through defeat, it's just the most coherent way, so saying that it's bad to have it that way? no
I'm not closed to the idea of being proven wrong, being given examples, idk whatever etc etc, so, we could continue this discussion but i feel it's kind of derailing the thread, so i won't say more on the matter at hand unless its directly related/relevant to the game
Though then again 1. good luck if anyone tries, and 2. maybe its subjective, i cant be too naive to not consider that
But i mean come on
The heroine is trying to avoid something, i.e. getting raped. Avoid. It's an undesirable outcome for her. And we're controlling her. How in the fuck would success = result in failure? It's just illogical.
And it's not that the game sole experience is the H.
The game offers a game experience through success, as any regular game.

Oh and you could tell me, "oh butz we could like have her lose post cutscene even after we win" lol, no, that has always been incredibly stupid in ALL games (sfw games), that typical bullshit where you kick the ass of a given boss and then cutscene ensues "oh he's too powerful we didn't really win", that's just stupid, like come on guys i earned my victory i could beat the shit out of this dude with one hand tied don't give me that crap (btw though this works like a charm in h manga, and in some rare exceptions when done not as is ofc, but thats an entirely different story for obvious reasons)

I wasn't too excited about this game since I don't enjoy watching the girl suffer through sex and not enjoy it whatsoever, but I'll give it a shot if there's actually NTR.
Lol
Anyway i think there is no NTR, and i think Frostia never gets to enjoy it, but i haven't finished it myself.

Last edited:

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Wow... the voice acting in this game is great! Wasn't expecting this at all.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just love that this game could probably give someone epilepsy when she uses her main special.
The frames go negative-- a mark of modern achievement.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I hope Kagura or someone else will finally pick this up for a translation at some point, unless they are actively avoiding games with loli-ish protagonists. Can't be a lack of quality or popularity with this one, after they aready translated Lyristea...
It should also be noted that Ixy/ShiBoo is regularly posting new additional artworks and scenarios (BadEnds mostly) of Frostia and Lyristea to their ci-en and fanbox. Pretty good stuff.

Also, related:
that they're planning to restart development of one of their first projects from 2017, Violetta Tears, which they dropped years ago for various reasons!
I did find an old ULMF-thread from way back, but that one is closed by now, so I can't necro it with this relevant information. Should I make a new one or get a mod to re-open the old one?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I hope Kagura or someone else will finally pick this up for a translation at some point, unless they are actively avoiding games with loli-ish protagonists. Can't be a lack of quality or popularity with this one, after they aready translated Lyristea...
It should also be noted that Ixy/ShiBoo is regularly posting new additional artworks and scenarios (BadEnds mostly) of Frostia and Lyristea to their ci-en and fanbox. Pretty good stuff.

Also, related:
that they're planning to restart development of one of their first projects from 2017, Violetta Tears, which they dropped years ago for various reasons!
I did find an old ULMF-thread from way back, but that one is closed by now, so I can't necro it with this relevant information. Should I make a new one or get a mod to re-open the old one?
Better to ask a mod to open it again.
But if it was closed, it's fora reason. Most likely the opening thread wasn't up to the new required standard. Meaning you'll have to provide the mod with a new opening thread content for them to replace the old with it and re-open the thread.