What's new

RPG Loli Ryona [ShiBoo!] 魔法闘姫フロスティア (RJ326939)

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
◆魔法闘姫フロスティア(体験版)_1.0.0_wVWfLOKCBE.jpg ◆魔法闘姫フロスティア(体験版)_1.0.0_brOVy5ago0.png

Link to source of information:

Description of Gameplay:
The Gameplay during non-combat section revolves around going to places of your choice. You can go talk to people in the class, the cafeteria, your clubroom, the train station, the mall etc.
You can get some little info, money for upgrades or buying stuff, and items if you go around talking to people, but if you want to speedline through the story, the big events are marked on the map.
Traversing through a combat section lets you pick different paths or decisions that can lead you to more/less/presumably impossible to win fights, disadvantaged fights, items, and so on.

During combat gameplay you are given a few thing to keep in mind of which are either represented in meters or count. Which are:
HP: Don't die.
Stamina: Mainly for doing Physical Actions like attacking (for now).
MP: For casting magics ranging from offensives, to erecting a barrier, to healings. (more to come)
Barrier: Reduces damage taken by 90%. Barrier count reduces each time you are hit.
Ecstasy Meter: Makes it harder to struggle the more it is filled

During combat, you can decide on an action whether you attack / defend / flee / use item / command
Every turn that you attack, you can regenerate some stamina or MP depending on which you didn't use. Defending will not regenerate those. And you can only use 1 item per turn, but it will not end your turn.

Upon attacking, you will need to input a set of direction to perform a move. The moves are presented in the "Command" icon. Inputting a set that is not yet learned or is not listed will result in a weak attack that still diminishes your stamina. Inputting a set that is listed will perform a move that can be more effective depending on the current enemy you are facing. Inputting Physical Actions drains stamina, and Magic drains MP. The more your gauge is full, the stronger your attacks are, or the weaker your damage and magic are.
Casting a barrier repeatedly can cause it to diminish in effectivity, same as spamming heals. Even when you have more than enough to spare MP.
Enemies can attempt to push you down or grab you, which can be avoided by inputting the command presented on the screen or making choices (in the full release).
If you are grabbed, there is a struggle mechanic to attempt to push off your enemies, and to avoid insertion. Having a mildly filled ecstasy bar can turn the escape direction to be hidden.

I make it sound a lot but its really pretty simple but good. I'll add more when full release is out.

Controls:
Up,/ Down / Left / Right Arrow keys: Movement / Selecting areas / Inputting moves / Struggling

Z/Space: Select, Speed Text
X: Cancel, Open/Close Menu, End Defeat Rape
Ctrl: Skip Text

Description of story:
The story starts out with the Magical Girl Frostia helping to keep the town safe from punks to sexual assaulters.
There has been an increase in their numbers lately but Magical Girl Frostia will still be there to keep them at bay.
Upon doing the day's work, Frostia was surprised to see another Magical Girl who warns her about the increase in the activity lately is due to some organization taking residence in the city recently, and is up to no good.
(That's it for the trial content anyway)

This game is a prequel to the same creator's other work:
/

Fetishes: Female Protagonist, Magical Girl, Humiliation, Virginity, Rape, Ryona, Sex Count.

Last edited:

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Copying my review of the trial from the Lysteria Lyristia thread:
I love this so far!
The main character is such a great fit for this kinda game and scenario. Smug, bratty and overconfident goes very well with magical girls potentially getting into tight situations. The Voice Actress also sells her super well, both in dialogue and H-scenes. Plus I appreciate that we get some scenes with normal human thugs early on. Frostia getting beaten and humiliated by those scrubs makes for a nice mood, compared to the superpowered badguys that will appear later.
Speaking of the scenes, there's 4 so far (1 normal defeat-scene, one pretty elaborate one for an early optional event (visit the star at the SW buildings in town after talking to the otaku in school but before doing anything else in town and lose), a 1 picture one for a failed QTE and a nicely animated one for losing to the boss) plus combat-H from the 1 normal enemy-type. Decent content for a free trial that only covers ch1.
And ofc Ixy's art is as great as ever.

The combat system is pretty interesting with how it handles the diminishing damage with stamina and mana respectively, plus the usual Defense Barrier you gotta uphold. The Blitz-like input system feels a bit gimmicky, but I guess it fits the theme with the input-based hentai-defense and makes for some additional challenge. It's nicely fast-paced so far and the boss was a light challenge (when going into the fight half-dead).
tl;dr: Already big step up from the very good Lyristia! Looking forward to the full version.

PS: There's a scene-gallery at the end. Added a save.
PS2: Pressing ESC after losing a battle will end the post-battle sex after the current round. Otherwise they will have fun with Frostia forever.
PS3: There is light Ryona, but it's only Frostia taking some attacks, light beatings and getting choked in one QTE scene. Nothing that goes into torture or guro.

Attachments

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
I already hope this one will get an English translation, as the demo is extremely promising. It being a prequel as well, is interesting... though it does mean unlike Lyristia, I imagine any rape scenes are going to be defeat only, instead of locking you into a sort of 'bad end' path.
A little disappointed that losing the first proper fight (I presume you can't lose the intro, because the cat was present, and I recall in Lyristia's, it'd heal you in the tutorial fight), just leads to the same defeat scene as losing anywhere else though.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I already hope this one will get an English translation, as the demo is extremely promising. It being a prequel as well, is interesting... though it does mean unlike Lyristia, I imagine any rape scenes are going to be defeat only, instead of locking you into a sort of 'bad end' path.
It could still be "alternative endings" with one true ending that leads to Lyristia anyway. Frostia is a canon virgin in Lyristia, so any dicking (including in-combat) would diverge in that way already, so I don't think they'd shackle their ideas to keeping the "canon" intact.
A little disappointed that losing the first proper fight (I presume you can't lose the intro, because the cat was present, and I recall in Lyristia's, it'd heal you in the tutorial fight), just leads to the same defeat scene as losing anywhere else though.
You can also lose the early optional fight in the back-alley when saving her otaku-friend, which leads to a pretty elaborate special scene. That one has to happen before starting chapter 1 with the first real main fight.
Though i do agree that a special scene when losing in front of all the civilians would be great but maybe it will get added in the trial (there IS some space in the record room between the boss-scene and the optional Ch0 scene).
But public humiliation is usually a more "high-tier" fetish that tends to happen later on.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
It could still be "alternative endings" with one true ending that leads to Lyristia anyway. Frostia is a canon virgin in Lyristia, so any dicking (including in-combat) would diverge in that way already, so I don't think they'd shackle their ideas to keeping the "canon" intact.
If I remember right in Lyristia, if she ever ends up getting raped, she's already locked into the 'bad end' path anyway. So odds are the 'true end' requires Frostia to keep her virginity intact, for obvious reasons. Though curious if they could do alternate ends regardless...

You can also lose the early optional fight in the back-alley when saving her otaku-friend, which leads to a pretty elaborate special scene. That one has to happen before starting chapter 1 with the first real main fight.
Though i do agree that a special scene when losing in front of all the civilians would be great but maybe it will get added in the trial (there IS some space in the record room between the boss-scene and the optional Ch0 scene).
But public humiliation is usually a more "high-tier" fetish that tends to happen later on.
I wonder if its something Ixy has thought of. Reminds me of the first 'real' fight in Ouka, which didn't have a special scene to begin with, I think. But some testers pointed it out, so MARIMO added one in.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If I remember right in Lyristia, if she ever ends up getting raped, she's already locked into the 'bad end' path anyway. So odds are the 'true end' requires Frostia to keep her virginity intact, for obvious reasons. Though curious if they could do alternate ends regardless...
You mean if Lyristia ever got raped? That only led to a bad end if you lose too much purity, unless there's something I never saw (recently played it again in English with the "True End").
Or was there something with Frostia? I know that she had 2 "What if"-scenes of getting raped and there's an achievement for saving her, but I have no idea how to not save her, considering losing the bossfight against suckyboi leads to a game over.
Did you need to take too much time or go to sleep a few times midway through clearing the last base?

Okay, I checked, Lyristia has to lose her virginity before reaching Duschlong.

In any case, for Frostia I am expecting different endings, even if it's just small variations.

Last edited:
OP
A

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So dev is making it so that the command set will be displayed while attacking to ease it up a bit, and is implementing an instant K.O. against lower level mobs just like the first game.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Dev put out a new post with some screenshots and descriptions.
This game really has super polished interfaces and artworks, I love it!

Also, most importantly, the release date will be on the 30th of September this year! Earlier than I expected.
Hopefully it will also get a localization soon after. I don't wanna buy it twice, even though this dev really deserves the support.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
She's not as cute as the other girl but maybe she'll enjoy sex more. The other girl's pureness was just too strong, made me feel bad seeing her raped. Watching a pure girl get corrupted is nice but when they never really get corrupted no matter what, you just start to feel bad.

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
She's not as cute as the other girl but maybe she'll enjoy sex more. The other girl's pureness was just too strong, made me feel bad seeing her raped. Watching a pure girl get corrupted is nice but when they never really get corrupted no matter what, you just start to feel bad.
That's more a side effect of that not being a game in which you were meant to get raped, pick yourself up, and drive on. Instead, being raped meant a bad end was eventually coming, so there was no point to progressive corruption.

Since this story is of a character that's a virgin in a LATER game, it is also likely to not have progressive corruption. Frostia isn't the same personality though, she's a lot more of a brat. Maybe that'll be sufficiently different for you to enjoy the scenes.

coco008

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I like the bad endings... i want more....
Thirsty for bad endings.

OP
A

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Is it bad MTL or is he really doing a phone ver of this game or something.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh.my.god!
That was fast!
And man these two are of my instant favorites. I just have a thing for Magical girls
Played the demo of this one and boy it was great.
And just the format how this dude displays his ingame stuff, it reeks quality, care to detail etc etc.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
God damn, this is what i'm talking about.
This IS something.
And just when i was about to say that tfw when a one-man-indie-dev makes fucking semi-animated stuff in his game and delivers quickly yet some other teams take 20+ years to make something that even then sucks ass. Now, i can say that without the word "semi". Just look the fuck at that. (I get it, i get it, it's RPGM still, so...that plays a part. But still.)

Also, may your words become prophecy alimagno.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That MV alone is so cute and high quality already, that I can totally understand the "upper-tier indie game, higher than most RPG Maker H-Game"-pricetag (aside from the voice acting and general asset-quality).
I hope it'll also have a bit more content than Liristea did. From the demo alone it already looked less linear at least.

Now I am wondering if I should buy it now (and again, when translated later) to play it and support a deserving dev, or wait for the official English release (whenever that will be) and potentially grab a shared JP version until then. I think I'll give it a few more days to wait for more reviews.

...And just when i was about to say that tfw when a one-man-indie-dev makes fucking semi-animated stuff in his game and delivers quickly yet some other teams take 20+ years to make something that even then sucks ass. ...
Afaik this is more like 2 two man game-dev/artist combo + some additional work (music and mby some other assets). Still super impressive (+ the artist, Ixy, also does a lot of other great work, like ).

And I'd also be super down for a few hentai episodes based on this and Liristea. Frostia's smaller boobs might at least keep some of the bad habits of modern lower-quality hentai-studios on check...

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah, i love Ixy's art
Definitely another thing i was thinking!
Fucking girls with tits the size of mars that flood the damn hentai scene can go suck a big one
Though personally i like Lyristia more, but just personally, both are very cute
Also i like it when the games (in general, not just these two) actually offer something, like almost as if it could pass as a normal game if you take the hentai apart. All those games that you can instantly tell from the cover that it's pure unadulterated hentaiassery? (girls with boobs bigger than her head, showing them, ahegao face, legs open showing all)
I mean, i.... that couuuld be a little hypocritical on my part, but.... idk man, it's just, you know...

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Fun game so far, the developer really went out of his way to give a great first impression on the combat for sure. I know this isn't a red flag per say, but I always get an ominous vibe whenever I see an H game that has a no-H mode. Makes me think he fluffed the gameplay a little too much and neglected the H content as a gimmick, a quickie game over aspect. And this H game with beautiful combat animations isn't helping that vibe lol. Let's hope my intuition is wrong...

Last edited: