What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Shimobashira Workshop] [しもばしら工房] 魔法少女セレスフォニア/ Magical Girl Celesphonia (RJ297120)

easy85

Reputation score
Wouldn't it be better to make the mode compatible with english version instead applying translation to chinese modded version?

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wouldn't it be better to make the mode compatible with english version instead applying translation to chinese modded version?
... That's ... not how this works. He mentioned that the UI is different between versions. It would probably be easier to just rebuild the mod from scratch than to port it if there are major differences between versions like that. Different variable names between languages, and such are all kinds of reasons that translations and mods can have major problems between minor updates of the same game, let alone different language versions.

Avatier

Reputation score
... That's ... not how this works. He mentioned that the UI is different between versions. It would probably be easier to just rebuild the mod from scratch than to port it if there are major differences between versions like that. Different variable names between languages, and such are all kinds of reasons that translations and mods can have major problems between minor updates of the same game, let alone different language versions.
Not quite, the internal variable names are the across all versions same however the English version has a quirk that isn't present in the other versions. The audio and image resources in the english versions have been renamed to be less risque which in turn causes the English version to be completely in-compatible with any mods that were made in other versions since the maps will call the wrong resource if the modded files come from another region. I didn't mention Common Events as the mod overwrites everything inside of Common Events anyway.

I should note that after testing, the Japanese version does indeed work with the mod however they need to be the same version. If you're like me using the DLSite version, you will need to unpack *all* the resources from both the mod and the base game and then you need to force the game to use uncompressed resources by modifying the system.json. This is due to the encryption key being different between the Steam and DLSite versions of the game. Existing saves, as noted previously by others, will suffer issues due to the lack of the new gear slots and other variables. Even the save converter red button in the home area isn't a silver bullet to work but works most of the time (failed only once in about 50 times from my testing). However the issue would be the jank from the mixing of Japanese and Chinese on maps if you happen to be able to read one language but not the other.

The other issue are that the mod directly overwrites files with a modified file from the Chinese version of the game, so no matter the version whatever it overwrites will be in Chinese.

Edit: Made a correction on the version type

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Anyone else has this issue when they apply the translation to the CN modded version? "Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png"
I checked if i didn't screw up some files by mistake, just to make sure, but the game works properly without the translation applied so i have no idea what's the issue.
View attachment 46435View attachment 46436
I figured it out. The translation assumes you have unencrypted images, but the mod by default uses encrypted images. To fix this, in /www/data/System.json, where it says:
Code:
"hasEncryptedImages":false,"hasEncryptedAudio":false"
change "false" to "true".

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
I figured it out. The translation assumes you have unencrypted images, but the mod by default uses encrypted images. To fix this, in /www/data/System.json, where it says:
Code:
"hasEncryptedImages":false,"hasEncryptedAudio":false"
change "false" to "true".
Ah yea good catch, I was working with an unencrypted version of the CN 1.04 Version of the game so you guys have to unencrypt your game or turn the encryption back on again in the system.json file as mentioned above.

redguy14

Reputation score
Everything is decrypted but I'm getting an error about missing "commu_school_wall" tileset in the img folder but it doesn't seem like it EVER existed since I haven't deleted anything from the folder. Am I missing something with running the mod?

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Everything is decrypted but I'm getting an error about missing "commu_school_wall" tileset in the img folder but it doesn't seem like it EVER existed since I haven't deleted anything from the folder. Am I missing something with running the mod?
Hmm the Tileset does exist in my CN Version.

1671031570943.png

I guess you are using the mod on the English version of the game which is not recommended.
You can rename the tileset "commu_uni_wall" to "commu_school_wall" but expect further incompatibility problems

The mod and my translation rely on the CN Version 1.04.

Last edited:

redguy14

Reputation score
Hmm the Tileset does exist in my CN Version.

View attachment 46443

I guess, you are using the mod on the English version of the game which is not recommended.
You can either rename the tileset "commu_uni_wall" to "commu_school_wall" but expect further incompatibility problems

The mod and my translation rely on the CN Version 1.04.
Well WHERE do you get the CN Version 1.04 because downloading it in chinese from steam has missing files, and the Kagura patch changes everything to english.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
There is a Chinese version 1.04 on eyny, that's how i was able to try out this mod. Search the game with the JP name and the first link should have it. The password is also in that post.
I also updated the Translation, about 85% of the modded game should be translated now. I suggest you update the translation because I also fixed some wrong references that might crash your game during dialogs.

The fixed version is named "CNmod3851 translation104 partial-04".

Last edited:

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Kagura changed a ton of file names. There's a pattern though:
OriginalChanged
schooluni
teacherprof
slimeslim
slimyslim
nakednakere
pervertpert
succubussubus
adultadu
tentacletent
kisskis
blowjobblow
breastbre
sexsfx
pistonpton
handjobhand
mouthmo
vaginava
semensem
massagemsage
lotionltion
ferraferrous
insertins
wetwt
touchtch
sucksu

There may be more...

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Well WHERE do you get the CN Version 1.04 because downloading it in chinese from steam has missing files, and the Kagura patch changes everything to english.
Hmm, get the Chinese patch from .

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
Are you downloading the Chinese Kagura Patch or the English one?

I got the Chinese version of the game from steam, downloaded the Kagura patch from and then installed the mod.
I ran the game through Mtool afterwards, the rest of the process might differ for you if you're not looking for MTL.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I also updated the Translation, about 85% of the modded game should be translated now. I suggest you update the translation because I also fixed some wrong references that might crash your game during dialogs.

The fixed version is named "CNmod3851 translation104 partial-04".
Thank you :)

By the way i just wanted to ask to make sure. There seems to be some massive memory leak currently going on with the game. After a while it makes it basically impossible to play the game with how much it starts to stutter. Is this some temporary byproduct of the tools you are using to translate or is this a real issue? 1671058900539.png

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you :)

By the way i just wanted to ask to make sure. There seems to be some massive memory leak currently going on with the game. After a while it makes it basically impossible to play the game with how much it starts to stutter. Is this some temporary byproduct of the tools you are using to translate or is this a real issue? View attachment 46445
Oh good catch, indeed It could be the Text Hooker I attached to the game but that would be the first time that I encountered such problem with it.
You can try to start the game without it and test again.

To do so go into the js folder and open plugin.js with a text editor.

Search for {"name":"Clipboard_llule","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}} and comment it out with // or delete the line.

Slify

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh good catch, indeed It could be the Text Hooker I attached to the game but that would be the first time that I encountered such problem with it.

Search for {"name":"Clipboard_llule","status":true,"description":"","parameters":{}} and comment it out with // or delete the line.
I tried deleting the line but am still having the memory leak issues unfortunately...

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can't, for the life of me, find the entries for these menu tabs in the item overview and it's driving me freaking crazy! I will name my firstborns after the individual who can point me to where I can find these goddam entries...
View attachment 46427
www\js\rpg_windows.js: Window_ItemCategory.prototype.makeCommandList

Window_Options.prototype.addGeneralOptions in that same file contains the newly added Options

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
www\js\rpg_windows.js: Window_ItemCategory.prototype.makeCommandList

Window_Options.prototype.addGeneralOptions in that same file contains the newly added Options
Oh god, thank you so much for curing my OCD! Never imagine that this man was crazy enough to write his mod directly into a superclass, guess one never stops learning new things...

About the Memory Leaks, I haven't encountered them yet, but I gonna keep testing. I know for a fact that the Text Hooker doesn't close properly if you don't close its window first before quitting the main game it's attached to. But as I said I've never encountered a problem where an RPG MV game dumps 1000 MB of "something" into Memory. It could also be the mod itself that's bugged because of my translation. Have to look into that. Can anyone actually investigate what the game is dumping into memory there?

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score
By the way i just wanted to ask to make sure. There seems to be some massive memory leak currently going on with the game. After a while it makes it basically impossible to play the game with how much it starts to stutter.
But as I said I've never encountered a problem where an RPG MV game dumps 1000 MB of "something" into Memory. It could also be the mod itself that's bugged because of my translation. Have to look into that. Can anyone actually investigate what the game is dumping into memory there?
I've had that in the past when using MTool to translate/cheat games. After I select the "Install and play" I'd start getting huge memory leaks happening and be forced to close and restart the game's every 5-10 minutes. Once I stopped doing the 'Install & run' and just "run without install' that stopped happening. Not sure if this issue has been fixed or not (it's been quite a few updates since I stopped doing the I+R, and I have since nuked and re-installed MTool as well), or if it's related to the memory leak that TTsuyuki is having (as I don't know what text hooker they're using).

The last time I had the issue with MTool causing memory leaks was with this game specifically. Although I did not have the mod installed, and was using the full Kagura Games English version. It was so bad I had to completely scrub the directory and re-unzip the game just to clear out whatever files MTool had installed, and since I did that the memory leak stopped happening.

Not sure what text hooker TTsuyuki is using, but posting in case it's helpful / relevant to the leaks being reported.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've tried doing that but the memory leak is still present. 1671098479177.png
I've also tried to decrypt the files but that didn't change anything. About what you said later, i could check what exactly is it dumping there if it's something that i can do with a quick tutorial. Not really comfortable with sending dump files online.

I've had that in the past when using MTool to translate/cheat games. After I select the "Install and play" I'd start getting huge memory leaks happening and be forced to close and restart the game's every 5-10 minutes. Once I stopped doing the 'Install & run' and just "run without install' that stopped happening. Not sure if this issue has been fixed or not (it's been quite a few updates since I stopped doing the I+R, and I have since nuked and re-installed MTool as well), or if it's related to the memory leak that TTsuyuki is having (as I don't know what text hooker they're using).

The last time I had the issue with MTool causing memory leaks was with this game specifically. Although I did not have the mod installed, and was using the full Kagura Games English version. It was so bad I had to completely scrub the directory and re-unzip the game just to clear out whatever files MTool had installed, and since I did that the memory leak stopped happening.

Not sure what text hooker TTsuyuki is using, but posting in case it's helpful / relevant to the leaks being reported.
Thanks for the suggestion but I never had issues with MTool and i've been installing it. It also worked perfectly on this mod before the translation patch. Now i'm not using any text hooker, just whatever is included in the mod translation itself and i get this memory leak issue.

@T4ke
EDIT : Ok so i've now tried to Frankenstein this since i was running out of options and decided to apply your translation on the folder that had my MTool CN modded version of the game and surprisingly everything seems to be working? There is no memory leak at all. I have no idea how. Basically i launch the game from the MTool as i did before your translation. Everything that you translated is still correctly translated since it seems to overwrite what MTool does, and what you didn't touch yet is translated by MTool. No memory leak, no apparent issues so far.

I could troubleshoot it further with/without MTool but i already deleted the clean CN version so i would have to redownload it and i kinda don't have time right now. I can do some more testing later.

EDIT 2: Ok i had the time to redownload everything again without using MTool at all and this time there is also no memory leak. So for some reason it seems that if you use MTool on this game and then try to launch it without it, only then it's gonna have an issue. Weird, but at least it's finally working.

Last edited:

Senick

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain the alternative Lust Bunny Girl outfit/Sensitive Swimsuit/Lewd Gym outfit? They exist in the game files, but not sure if they're obtainable through normal play