What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Shimobashira Workshop] [しもばしら工房] 魔法少女セレスフォニア/ Magical Girl Celesphonia (RJ297120)

Elsiss_Surana

Reputation score
Just for curiosity as I have no idea how the pipeline of the translation process works, if you don't mind me asking. But to edit that plugin would be as simple as editing a text file? Like using ctrl+f being a possibility, but with you needing to do it like a bazillion times?

I have no intention to be insulting while asking this, I just have absolutely no idea on how this works and how to search for the info.
To make a long story short, you use a program to extract all text from the game and then sort an organize it into small bite sized segments that are easy to process. Some of the text is pure dialogue, some of it is coding segments. Depending on the skill of the game's creator, you can also get a mix of both.

The next step is to isolate out the code sections using searches and tagging. Then, when you think you have eliminated all traces of code from the text you want to translate, you have the program send the text for machine translation. After you get your results back, you then need to playtest the game to make sure that no essential code got translated by accident. Once that is done, you then need to hunt down and review the sections of text that are both dialogue and code. You must then translate only the dialogue sections, leaving the code untouched.

When you have all the dialogue translated, and have play tested the game to ensure that it still runs, you then move onto your second pass translation. This means going through the machine translation line by line, sometimes while the game is running, so that you can correct for the usual garbage that gets thrown up by machine translations.

If you feel like being really fancy, you perform a third and final translation pass that corrects for things that can't actually be directly translated. An example of this would be a joke that only makes sense in Japanese. You would then take this joke and replace it with an English one that fits the situation.

In the case of this game, there are over 10,000 lines of text that are extracted.

Last edited:

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does translating menu, stat, and skill require that much too?, I heard only name is usually the hardest one to do (because names usually called into dialog). Sorry i have never touch translation program.I can read simple Japanese, but reading skill and stats in english is way better.

I can see stat being hardest one too because enemy skill will change the stat number, and if the stat is different from the one you translated it will cause error so you must change every stat changing skill to translated one too right?
Well i can see it as a hard one to do if you have to change/translated every script.

Last edited:

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Does translating menu, stat, and skill require that much too?, I heard only name is usually the hardest one to do (because names usually called into dialog). Sorry i have never touch translation program.I can read simple Japanese, but reading skill and stats in english is way better.

I can see stat being hardest one too because enemy skill will change the stat number, and if the stat is different from the one you translated it will cause error so you must change every stat changing skill to translated one too right?
Well i can see it as a hard one to do if you have to change/translated every script.
So, long story short, changing stats and skills and enemy names and Common Event names will refactor it throughout the entire project(if you're translating directly in RPGMaker like I do), UNLESS the author uses scripts that directly references these names, those WON'T update. This author does a lot of that. So generally, no, skills, stats etc aren't the worst to translte, just very tedious depending on how much there is of each. But then there's some authors who put a lot of coding work into the game and you have to be very careful as even having an extra space at the end of a sentence or name can mean the game won't recognise it.

Bringing thigns a little bit more back on topic, having dug through this even more in the last day or two, there's a lot of content called from external files (the titles on the second page of the status screen for example), so it's gonna be a super cool game with lots of content and titles etc, but it's going to be a nightmare for translators. Not to mention updates to the game often change a LOT behind the scenes (Ambrosia 1.10 to 1.20 for example had a LOT of changes to core code so I couldn't just copy paste my TL, it's why I gave up)

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Now i can see why its hard to translate ...

And from the start i know this will be a huge game too.

Usually i almost judge a good game if the game has new game+ or more content after the ending. And this circle does that too.

Elsiss_Surana

Reputation score
Yep, its the big reason why I was asking if this circle does English translations for their games.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Yep, its the big reason why I was asking if this circle does English translations for their games.
Antithesis (their first game) had a DLsite translation. However, the developer wrote in their blog that they had to do a lot of work by themself because DLsite's translation service was atrocious, which is probably why they switched to Kagura for Ambrosia.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Antithesis (their first game) had a DLsite translation. However, the developer wrote in their blog that they had to do a lot of work by themself because DLsite's translation service was atrocious, which is probably why they switched to Kagura for Ambrosia.
I've seen Google and Bing translate make better sentences than some of the "Official English release" DLsite puts out. I'm not surprised.

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score
Plus, neither Anthesis nor Ambrosia were built to be translated (hence the English release actually being a separate game rather than just an option in the menu to change languages)
That's a sad truth.

I've never dabbled with rpgmaker for more than 15 minutes, so I don't know how much more work it is to build a game with a full text and UI translation in consideration. But I wish more h-devs would do it.

Elsiss_Surana

Reputation score
That's a sad truth.

I've never dabbled with rpgmaker for more than 15 minutes, so I don't know how much more work it is to build a game with a full text and UI translation in consideration. But I wish more h-devs would do it.
It's hard to say for certain but the more complex your game in the backend, the more variables are used thus making it harder to translate.

OP
KillerDxD

KillerDxD

Reputation score
New post just came up while I was coincidentally on Ci-en. Lots of quality of life changes and bug fixes were done while the author conducted some self bug testing. The author is planning on having people playtest it mid-November, and the release date has the chance of being pushed into November.

メインシナリオ実装〇 (Main scenario creation and implementation)

マップの制作(&上記シナリオの配置)〇 (Map creation and event implementation)

エロイベント作成・実装〇 (H-event creation and implementation)

仕上げ、サブイベントの配置その他△(大まかな部分は終わり) (Etc event and sub event creation and implementation) (Pretty much done)

全体の見直し、バランス調整←今ココ (Overview, customize, and redrawing leftover stuff) (AT THIS STEP NOW)

外部テスト(&細かい部分の追加) (Debugging with small additional addons)

完成!(11月下旬~12月) (Complete Late November ~ December)

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Profile change
(I completely forgot) The profile change of the main character has been implemented.
It changes with the acquisition of skills through experience.
That would explain the confusing nature of that status screen then when I looked at translating it, it didn't even work :ROFLMAO:

There's some other interesting info as well, 4 difficulty levels, can be changed any time and, other than awarding a title for beating some bosses on hard, there's not much difference.
Except for one thing, one of the stats "Control", will barely increase, will be easier to decrease and basically won't cause a game over if it gets to 100 on easy mode.
Sounds like the Control stat is something you're meant to keep an eye on during regular gameplay.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
the latest demo is not the one release on august right?
There has only been 1 minor update, which added the youtube channel showing the MC losing in the back alley mini quest. There won't be further content update I believe.

OP
KillerDxD

KillerDxD

Reputation score
Been checking his twitter every so often lately, he confirmed that due to the delay outsource testing, the game will most likely be set from late November into December instead.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Been checking his twitter every so often lately, he confirmed that due to the delay outsource testing, the game will most likely be set from late November into December instead.
That's better than expected really. Indie games usually get much more significant delays. A couple of weeks is nothing.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm sure the outsourced "testing" *cough* would be taking quite a while. 🙃

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I'm sure the outsourced "testing" *cough* would be taking quite a while. 🙃
Yeah free lancing QA testers are real sticklers with getting everything. It's a foot in the door for QA testing and other jobs in the game industry. So any experience with testing is a good thing to do.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
im lazy to write it, so replace this on ur js>plugin folder
(or if u want to, copy paste the IgnoreRegExtextbloc string into ur js)

im not testing long enough, so idk if something will broken
So, to those who are new to this (like I was), replacing this file doesn't seem to work any more to stop text flood
BUT, if you take the " IgnoreRegExtextbloc " line from the attached file and paste that into the "Clipboard_llule.js" file located in the "plugins" folder of the game, it works perfectly.

Now to actually go enjoy the game for the first time.

Edit: Huh, can't believe I never noticed the girl in the trainstation is the MC from Anthesis

Kyosuke91

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Edit: Huh, can't believe I never noticed the girl in the trainstation is the MC from Anthesis
First time I see her, I noticed that lol
But I wasn't sure if she really was... she? (?

I mean... what is the true end of that game?, is possible a virgin rute and keep her pure?
IDK, I suppose, this game confirm that (?