What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
An update on translation!

I've spent a lot of my time lately collaborating with Conty(Ron) on the translation and getting set up as a group. I'm pleased to announce a new version of the patch will be out sometime this weekend. It'll have almost all of 2-1 translated, as well as a good chunk of 1-3. We'll see if we can get the last bits of 1-3 cleaned up, but either way you guys will be getting another patch soon..... ^w^

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
so Ivory will no longer be teanslated as lazy?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 2.3 has been released!

Most of Chapter 2-1 has now been translated, as well as a good chunk of 1-3. We've got the full translation of 1-3 in the pipeline, but it couldn't make it for this patch. We should be able to release it soon.

Enjoy the new patch!

Attachments

groteltine

Reputation score
Hi, I installed the patch and it looks like everything is fine except when I try to play the tutorial the game crashes after getting grabbed a second time. The error message says that I'm missing an audio file

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hi, I installed the patch and it looks like everything is fine except when I try to play the tutorial the game crashes after getting grabbed a second time. The error message says that I'm missing an audio file
This is a fairly common bug: You've extracted the game files in a non-JP system locale. When you do, it extracts the song files wrong and changes the name of them, which causes the game to be confused because it expects to find music files that aren't there.....

Try extracting the game files again when you're in a JP app locale. (This bug has nothing to do with the translation patch, it will even happen when playing the game regularly).

groteltine

Reputation score
This is a fairly common bug: You've extracted the game files in a non-JP system locale. When you do, it extracts the song files wrong and changes the name of them, which causes the game to be confused because it expects to find music files that aren't there.....

Try extracting the game files again when you're in a JP app locale. (This bug has nothing to do with the translation patch, it will even happen when playing the game regularly).
Thanks for the response, sure enough, after I changed my uni-code language to Japanese that fixed it. Not sure if it was 100% necessary but I de-crypted and re-applyed the patch just to make sure nothing else was messed up.

groteltine

Reputation score
Is there a wiki where I can ask for help? I'm stuck and I don't want to clog up the translation thread.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Does anybody have a 100% save?
Feel free to use mine, it have all the main routes cleared (including EX1). Link in the signature.

Is there a wiki where I can ask for help? I'm stuck and I don't want to clog up the translation thread.
If you have any game-related questions you can ask me directly using ULMF Discord server.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
If you direct your attention to the top of the page, your inquiry as to the term "ULMF" will hopefully be illuminated and if you look very carefully you will find the link to the discord.

groteltine

Reputation score
If you direct your attention to the top of the page, your inquiry as to the term "ULMF" will hopefully be illuminated and if you look very carefully you will find the link to the discord.
Ahhh, I see. It's a good thing I don't know any of you personally or I would feel crippling embarrassment.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Hate to admit it, but honestly, I've forgotten what it meant each time I've read it. Probably because I only attend to games and translations. Bring on the shame!

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Unofficial Line-Marvel Forums. Somehow, a community that circled around a single artist evolved into what we have here today.