What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

CheeseBob

Reputation score
Dang, you're fast! Thanks for working on this game and doing such a good job with the hand translations.

Yowaki

Reputation score
A really big THANKS for your amazing work <3 Merci beaucoup ! (sorry for my bad english i'm french)

Cm-4574865

Reputation score
Awesome work. Any chance of a Sphynx translation on the horizon, or are you committed to going chapter by chapter?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Awesome work. Any chance of a Sphynx translation on the horizon, or are you committed to going chapter by chapter?
Heyo, CM o/

We're going chapter by chapter, but I do recognize Sphinx as being a priority. We're probably just going to release a Sphinx-only patch after 2-3 is done just to cover the fight and 4 scenes, considering how big Chapter 3-1 is.

In general, we're planning to release one more patch before sometime before Christmas break to finish up the year. I have no idea how much will be in it, but it will be a nice gift to end 2019 on a high note. :3

Trestration

Lurker
Reputation score
Great work with the translation. I just got one question which im to dumb to figure out.
How do you scroll down text in this game? THeres this "Memory book" where you can read additional information about demons etc. but it gets cut off so I cant read the rest of it. Just wondering if there is an option to scroll down. THanks in advance.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Great work with the translation. I just got one question which im to dumb to figure out.
How do you scroll down text in this game? THeres this "Memory book" where you can read additional information about demons etc. but it gets cut off so I cant read the rest of it. Just wondering if there is an option to scroll down. THanks in advance.
You can scroll up and down between entries with the up and down movement buttons, but as for the entries themselves there's something that's preventing any English text from being formatted properly for them, which causes text to get cut off and removed. We don't really have any answer/solution for it right now, unfortunately...

Anegorami

Reputation score
We don't really have any answer/solution for it right now, unfortunately...
You can always use RPGM to change the text directly. Just translate everything between <図鑑説明: and >, save the game and distribute Data/Enemies.rvdata2. That file cannot be used to pirate the game in any way so its distribution as a part of the patch shouldn't be a problem.
q.png

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
A quick teaser of the next patch, complete with a new scene viewer overlay I made:

1576539330444.png

A new patch will be coming out next week, with a bunch of new stuff in it, here's the rundown:

• Finished My Rooms for Mother Rabbit and Mukuro.
  • Added new, fully translated and cleaned up overlay for all of the scenes in My Room.
  • Finally finished all of the Haru&Liz dialogue for the end of the Chapter 2-1.

The Haru&Liz stuff especially was a ton of work because of the massive amount of branching paths and options you can make in addition to the Haru scene that just got added in one of the recent patches. Here's a mostly complete chart of all of the possible paths we've had to cover (with no guarantee that I haven't missed one):
Haruflowchart.png

The path needed to get Haru&Liz in the My Room is mostly colored with green, lewd scenes are in pink.

Chapter 2-3 is currently in the proofreading and editing stages right now. If I happen to have enough time to finish it, I'll include it in the new patch. Otherwise, I'll make a "BETA/Experimental" patch as a Christmas gift so everyone can try it out. :3

Hope you all enjoy!

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
@ Anego: Currently we use a patcher to handle a lot of nitty gritty work of this translation, and I don't know if it'll play nice with rvdata2 files as well as being another specific manual step that we'd have to do instead of having the patcher automatically do it. We'll probably just translate the rest of the game first before coming back to it.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Here's the new patch, Version 2.5.1!

The changelog:
  • Finally finished all of Haru&Liz's part of Chapter 2-1.
  • Added new, fully translated and cleaned up overlay for all of the scenes in My Room.
  • Translated gifting text for all currently translated My Room characters.
  • Added all the remaining machine translations for a few branches of Echo's Pink Bed.
  • Went back and cleaned up a lot of the text from 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3 to meet the codified style guidelines and generally make things look cleaner.
Enjoy the rest of 2019, and we'll see you in 2020!

Attachments

Ginek

Reputation score
Here's the new patch, Version 2.5.1!

The changelog:
  • Finally finished all of Haru&Liz's part of Chapter 2-1.
  • Translated gifting text for all currently translated My Room characters.
  • Added all the remaining machine translations for a few branches of Echo's Pink Bed.
  • Went back and cleaned up a lot of the text from 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3 to meet the codified style guidelines and generally make things look cleaner.
Enjoy the rest of 2019, and we'll see you in 2020!
As always, thanks for your hard work!

Fable51

Reputation score
Amazing work on translation progress as usual, you guys rock. But just a heads up for you guys, a new update came out for shrift that released the EX 2 Dungeon last night.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Amazing work on translation progress as usual, you guys rock. But just a heads up for you guys, a new update came out for shrift that released the EX 2 Dungeon last night.
I just saw the most recent release myself. I'm currently working on actually making a basic machine translation of EX2 going for players who want to try out the new content. We'll see how far I can get and we can see if a release is possible next weekend...

EroKami

Reputation score
is it perhaps done yet? it can be as rough as possible so long its not moon runes

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hello!

I've gotten pretty deep into the work on EX2, which is incredibly big compared to EX1. I've already translated a few thousand lines for it, but there's still so much left to do. Additionally, it contains what I consider one of the best parts of SHRIFT to date, and I'm really quite amazed at the Dev for releasing something so good.

The Hectate fight and everything surrounding it is probably the best part in SHRIFT to date by a large margin. There's a lot of cool mechanics and custom scripting he's done for it, and I really want to put in the effort to hand translate it all so you all can enjoy it just as much as I have working on it.

It doesn't look like I'm going to be done it for a few more weeks so... I thought to release what I was going to pair up with it separately.... Chapter 2-3!

1578866146964.png 1578866157176.png

Changelog for the new patch, version 2.6...

• Fully hand translated Chapter 2-3!
  • Completely translated and cleaned up all the images and HUD in the dance battle, which looks a lot better then the previous overlays.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry to bother you, but there seems to be a problem with Mukuro. Seems like a problem with her second and onward stages of corruption.