What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
This translation looks great! Thank you for all your hard work so far!

How did you/will you translate the Sphinx's section? I imagine that would be tricky if not almost impossible with the quiz around Kanji
A true straight translation was not really possible, or even desired with regards to mention of Kanji. We did a tiny bit of localization around those lines, and not much else was needed. There's basically only one or two lines directly mentioning Kanji, so it wasn't really that hard, to be honest. The UI screw elements were easily handled by our patcher and dealt with.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there anyway to support you guys? This game has quickly become one of my personal favorite little ero titles, and reminds me a tad bit of Monster Girl Quest in some ways. They're not common. I appreciate the dedication and effort here (going above and beyond to do stuff like fix UI issues) and the fact that you guys haven't just given up yet or delayed indefinitely is impressive. Thanks.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Is there anyway to support you guys? This game has quickly become one of my personal favorite little ero titles, and reminds me a tad bit of Monster Girl Quest in some ways. They're not common. I appreciate the dedication and effort here (going above and beyond to do stuff like fix UI issues) and the fact that you guys haven't just given up yet or delayed indefinitely is impressive. Thanks.
Best way to support the effort is by buying the game on DLSite if you haven't already or funding the developer via CI-EN. More support for the developer means we'll get more of these good games in the future, hopefully. Showing the developer support is a big help. ^w^

We might think about something like a tip jar or something if there's an outpouring of support, but ultimately this is all just a hobby to me, and I don't really want to make it feel like an obligation or a job. The end goal at the end of all of this would be to completely finish the game and see if we can get the dev officially or unofficially adopt the translation to reach a wider audience. We're still a long ways off till that happens, though, and SHRIFT is still in active development.

unity3311

Reputation score
Oh damn I never knew about item limits. 1x Adrenaline and Morphine actually makes fights a HELL of a lot harder. Morphine in particular was ridiculously broken, making you practically invincible to everything except binds and instant kills. I actually don't know how you are supposed to do certain fights without it (harpy queen is the first one to come to mind)

Are we going to get a machine translation for the Barghest and Sphinx character side stories (from the extra menu)?

Finally, one tiny little thing that's really bothering me - ヘカーテ can be spelled as Hecate or Hekate in English, but never should there be a t in the middle as in "Hectate".

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Oh damn I never knew about item limits. 1x Adrenaline and Morphine actually makes fights a HELL of a lot harder. Morphine in particular was ridiculously broken, making you practically invincible to everything except binds and instant kills. I actually don't know how you are supposed to do certain fights without it (harpy queen is the first one to come to mind)

Are we going to get a machine translation for the Barghest and Sphinx character side stories (from the extra menu)?

Finally, one tiny little thing that's really bothering me - ヘカーテ can be spelled as Hecate or Hekate in English, but never should there be a t in the middle as in "Hectate".
I found Harpy Queen pretty easy with the MIRV Launcher/Rockets, but your experience may very, of course.

MT for the Side stories are a bit lower priority right now... I haven't even MT'ed the Post EX2 stuff yet, after all.

As for the third point, I have kinda noticed that spelling problem recently after looking into a bit of the mythology of Hecate... Think I'm going to change it right now, it should be a simple find/replace. Thanks.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1583123729337.png

Patch v2.8 is out! This generally covers the whole of Chapter 3-1, but has a lot of system/general fixes. If you want the full development log, feel free to check my post on the previous page.

Full Changelog for v2.8:
  • Chapter 3-1 fully hand translated! This includes the Echo Pink Bed.
  • Nina's My Room fully hand translated!
  • Skill screen cleaned up
  • Fixed Item Limits
  • Compendium display bug fixed! Currently, both Lampas and Barghest are hand translated, more to come in the future.
  • Fixed some missing Haru text related to her added 3rd scene.
  • Fixed all the EX2 naming of Hectate -> Hecate.
  • Fixed a few minor bits of text for Chapter 2-2 and 2-3.
Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Is it time? Are we finally approaching a Sphinx translation?
I released it... a week ago...??

Sphinx's My Room isn't done (it's not accessible in Chapter 3-1), but all of the other bits are...

Last edited:

St123

Reputation score
Guys help me pls!
I downloaded the game on a Japanese locale, but it still crashes a script bug.
Can anyone help me?
This is in chapter 2, when you go to the store for medicine
Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1584509671785.png

We're on schedule to release version 2.9 sometime this weekend. Here's the planned changelog:

Changelog for Version 2.9:
  • Chapter 3-2 is completely hand-translated!
  • Compendium entries have been hand-translated up to the end of Chapter 2 (Nina).
Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
View attachment 30159

We're on schedule to release version 2.9 sometime this weekend. Here's the planned changelog:

• Compendium entries have been hand-translated up to the end of Chapter 2 (Nina).
Hope you all enjoy! ^w^
Thanks for all the hard work. I'm actually playing through the game again right now.
Just wanted to bring to your attention that some dialogue is left untranslated for Iron Maiden since her rework. There's also color dialogue that appears in game for Lampas's dream sequence when she makes you cum. It looks like \c[4] I believe.

I'm definitely going to take a break at Chapter 3-1 to wait for your translation. The game is 9x better and more erotic when you know what's going on.

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
How many chapters are there in the game? Just to get an idea of the overall completion rate.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Thanks for all the hard work. I'm actually playing through the game again right now.
Just wanted to bring to your attention that some dialogue is left untranslated for Iron Maiden since her rework. There's also color dialogue that appears in game for Lampas's dream sequence when she makes you cum. It looks like \c[4] I believe.

I'm definitely going to take a break at Chapter 3-1 to wait for your translation. The game is 9x better and more erotic when you know what's going on.
Thanks for letting me know, think fixes/translations for both those points will be in the patch coming out soon.

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
Hi Im new to this so I was trying to google Decrypter by Falo but I found some spanish wiki site and my sceptic ass was not pleased when my antivirus tells me its a virus so can someone here like post link to the decypter so I can get some peace of mind? and not posible download something that Im not suppoused to thx in advance

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hi Im new to this so I was trying to google Decrypter by Falo but I found some spanish wiki site and my sceptic ass was not pleased when my antivirus tells me its a virus so can someone here like post link to the decypter so I can get some peace of mind? and not posible download something that Im not suppoused to thx in advance
I have no clue where I found it, but here's the one I used:

Attachments

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
sigh well Im too dumb to figure out how to tell my antivirus that its ok well what ever I can most likely still find a full save and get the good parts that way thx for the help

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1585540024050.png

Sorry for the slight delay, but Version 2.9 is complete! Here's the changelog:

• Fixed some Pink Bed text.
  • Hand-translated some new Iron Maiden 1 text added in version 6.0 and above.
Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
so update I got it working finally thank you for what you are doing now here is my question how do I update can I just slap that patch in there or do I have to decrypt again and then or is there something else I must do?