What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

Nayko93

Reputation score
sorry to bother ? I just want to know the progress of this translation
when can we expect a full game hand translation , what is left to do ?

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
i have a question on the way you patch the game, when patch is done in the gaijinizer folder there a folder named game_en in there theirs a data files cant you make the patch just that data files since that where all the text is and that kinda all you need to patch the game once you extract it, does the patcher do more then just translating/applying the patch? or is it way better then just giving us the translated data files since i know giving us just the data files will upgrade or downgrade your game depending on the ver your trying to patch.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
i have a question on the way you patch the game, when patch is done in the gaijinizer folder there a folder named game_en in there theirs a data files cant you make the patch just that data files since that where all the text is and that kinda all you need to patch the game once you extract it, does the patcher do more then just translating/applying the patch? or is it way better then just giving us the translated data files since i know giving us just the data files will upgrade or downgrade your game depending on the ver your trying to patch.
Then it would only work for one version of the game. Gaijinzer's translation method is comparitive. If SHRIFT were to be updated, Gaijinzer would still be able to translate all the work the translators did.
The gaijinzer translation method is super simple anyway. Just copy all of the files into the game directory and run the game once. I can't imagine anything more simple than that.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
so update I got it working finally thank you for what you are doing now here is my question how do I update can I just slap that patch in there or do I have to decrypt again and then or is there something else I must do?
All you need to do is remove the "Gaijinizer" folder from your SHRIFT directory and slap the new one in. You may get a prompt to overwrite 3 or 4 files, accept it.

sorry to bother ? I just want to know the progress of this translation
when can we expect a full game hand translation , what is left to do ?
A very general overview of what we've hand-translated:

Genocide text in general is Machine Translation only.

All of Chapter 1: Done✅
All of Chapter 2: Done✅
Chapter 3-1: Done✅
Chapter 3-2: Done, just released✅
Chapter 3-3: MT'ed, translation currently in progress.
Chapter 4-1: MT'ed. Some Camazotz things were translated as part of the really old patch, will likely have to look over them again.
Chapter 4-2: MT'ed. I did some of the text in here as well as some Daiji scenes, will likely get retranslated.
All Final Chapters: MT'ed.

EX1-EX2: MT'ed. I heavily edited a good chunk of EX2 for extra clarity and quality, and did the Harpy Spawn scenes.
Post EX2 Teaser: Not Translated.

I can't really say when we'll be done the base game, it will get done at the consistent pace we've been doing it so far. Throwing out deadlines and expected release dates is not conducive to work actually getting done I've found, so we'll just keep on working on it and releasing as we go. Each major version of the patch we've released has been around 2-4 weeks to do.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
1586754455299.png

Version 2.10 is in development and should be finished by next weekend or the weekend after that. Here's the planned changelog:

• Chapter 3-3 is fully hand translated!
  • Echo, Sphinx, and Archeny's My Rooms/Compendiums are also hand translated!

Hope you all enjoy!

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Which part are you having trouble with decrypting the game or applying the patch after?

ahmadjundi2809

Reputation score
Which part are you having trouble with decrypting the game or applying the patch after?
first I descrype the game
so I have a folder called expanded or something like this
then I copy what is in that folder to the game
now I am lost
"
Put the Patch files into the Game files If this is the first patch you apply, you will be asked to overwrite Game.ini (accept) Else, you will be asked to also overwrite some of the previous patch files (accept)
"
what patch files

Anegorami

Reputation score
Given:
The packed game, the patch archive and an unpacker.

Step 1:
Unpack the game, then remove Game.rgss3a. The resulting filestructure should be like the one below, run the game to verify its integrity.

Step 2:
Unpack the patch archive somewhere, dive into ShriftPatchv2.9[ver6.02]/Gaijinizer Patch. You should see this:
Move those files to the game's directory, overwriting the original files.

Step 3:
Run the game, press Enter to begin the installation. Wait until the confirmation window appears.

If everything were done correctly, next time you start up the game it should welcome you with some additional info on the title screen:

That's it. Enjoy the game.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Sorry for the long wait, Coronavirus has been taking up a lot of our time lately. Here's version 2.10!

1588569959927.png
1588569559641.png

Changelog:
  • Chapter 3-3 has been fully hand translated!
  • Sphinx and Echo's My Room/Compendiums have also been fully translated!
  • Machine translated some of Mio's added scenes from DLC2
  • A few typo fixes and minor changes
  • Fixed Fan Art Gallery
Archeny's My Room/Compendium wasn't able to be finished in time, so it will be include in the next patch. As a minor side piece of work, I fixed a lot of broken tags that were mangled by the first machine translation in the fan art gallery, which prevented many images from popping up. Now all the entries up to the Final Chapter should be viewable without issues!

1588569933937.png

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

Xan2

Reputation score
w00t! Thanks dude! Been really digging the game so far.

Juicyjuice

Reputation score
Thanks for the new patch!

For curiosity sake, and by no means am I pushing for anything, but I'm just wondering if you're going to work on a machine translation for the new pink bed scene, or if you're saving it for later and moving on to hand translate Chapter 4.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Thanks for the new patch!

For curiosity sake, and by no means am I pushing for anything, but I'm just wondering if you're going to work on a machine translation for the new pink bed scene, or if you're saving it for later and moving on to hand translate Chapter 4.
Actually, I was checking out how big the translation of the pink bed would have to be today, lol. The other person on my team is likely to be busy for a while, so I was thinking of tackling it. No guarantees on timelines, but a basic machine translation definitely in my sights right now.

Le Gourmet

Reputation score
just asking : when your game is already patched and if you want to apply a new patch, you just copy and replace the patch, right ?

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yup pretty much same as the first time will ask you if you want to patch the game again when you start the game and when you restart should be patched to the latest version

Aesthetic

Reputation score
There's a bug in the translation I think.
If you unlock loss scenes from future enemies while not having unlocked them from past enemies, the future enemies will not show up.

For instance, I did the activation conditions for Haru&Liz's first two loss scenes but they didn't show up in the list until I did mother rabbit.
Haru&Liz's third loss scene is also glitched. It doesn't give you any hints for how to unlock it. It just says it's unlocked. I figured it out, but the other scenes usually have hints, so I think this has to be a glitch.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
never really finished the game befor did make to the boss that changes forms, was using complete save to see the EX stuff so now im playing it for real i did see some text that were cut off in the first chapter, there were also some strange phrasing maybe i was reading it wrong or im using an older translation somehow, well anyway the strange phrasing does not really bother that much, at the very start of the game when your in your room befor you wake up there some stuff you can look at like the newspaper on the table your character says "l've always read up on the the day's news in the it." just wondering if im using an older translation or that how its meant to be written for now until everything is done.

edit on a very small side note i did see one line of text from lampas that was not translated in her room she starts by saying "hey little human you look like your brimming with energy" the next box of text is
よかったらその元気、私に少しくれない? もちろん、養分として♡

Last edited: