What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

Player 1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just want to say that I super appreciate the inclusion of "BEFORE_YOU_COMPLAIN.jpg" which has helped my dumb ass figure things out.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I just want to say that I super appreciate the inclusion of "BEFORE_YOU_COMPLAIN.jpg" which has helped my dumb ass figure things out.
While I do like compliments, I can't take credit for that: it was put in all the way back when Lv1 was machine translating the game (last modified date on the file is April 2019). Maybe you just haven't noticed it until now?

ShionK

Reputation score
Any approximation for a machine translation? My demise is always due to the language barrier...

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Any approximation for a machine translation? My demise is always due to the language barrier...
For EX3? Not for a few weeks, at least. It just came out and is massive, I'd need a good chunk of time to translate it. EX2 took several weeks on it's own, and EX3 is bigger then it is by a longshot.

For reference, it took me a month to translate EX2.

ShionK

Reputation score
For EX3? Not for a few weeks, at least. It just came out and is massive, I'd need a good chunk of time to translate it. EX2 took several weeks on it's own, and EX3 is bigger then it is by a longshot.

For reference, it took me a month to translate EX2.
Any way i could translate it myself? I could give translations a shot since I got nothing to do.

ghasT_T

Reputation score
Any way i could translate it myself? I could give translations a shot since I got nothing to do.
Your best bet is to use Textractor for a halfway decent MTL, but I imagine most of us will be waiting for the actual translation from @Shrifted

Scherzo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I wanted to wait for the finished manual translation of chapter 4 (And all the My Room events) before touching any of the EX content, so I can get the 'proper' experience of the true pacifist run while unlocking that stuff in the first place.

Krazylec

Reputation score
Hello there! Just wanted to say that I've been enjoying SHRIFT tremendously, and I super appreciate the translations you've released! I wouldn't be having nearly as good a time without your patches.

So thank you very much for that! I'm currently at Act 3-3 and I look forward to the rest of the game getting a clean translation in order to fully enjoy it! Is there any way I could shoot you some dosh to show my support and appreciation?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hello there! Just wanted to say that I've been enjoying SHRIFT tremendously, and I super appreciate the translations you've released! I wouldn't be having nearly as good a time without your patches.

So thank you very much for that! I'm currently at Act 3-3 and I look forward to the rest of the game getting a clean translation in order to fully enjoy it! Is there any way I could shoot you some dosh to show my support and appreciation?
For me, this is just a fun hobby, and I don't really want to make it feel like an obligation or a job. Best way to support the effort is by buying the game on DLSite if you haven't already or funding the developer via CI-EN. More support for the developer means we'll get more of these good games in the future, hopefully. Showing the developer support is a big help. ^w^

Krazylec

Reputation score
For me, this is just a fun hobby, and I don't really want to make it feel like an obligation or a job.
Understandable. As said, I'd be glad to support your work, but if you want to keep it 100% a passion project, I get it.
Best way to support the effort is by buying the game on DLSite if you haven't already or funding the developer via CI-EN. More support for the developer means we'll get more of these good games in the future, hopefully. Showing the developer support is a big help. ^w^
I've bought the game a long time ago, but I haven't looked into their CI-EN... Maybe I will! Thanks for the tip.

And again, thank you very much for the translation. I've had nothing but fun playing SHRIFT and also rage at the damn RNG, but that's another story, and I can't wait to see more!

unity3311

Reputation score
I don't suppose it's possible to unfix the item limits, is it? :V
I mean if you really want to do that, you can go to gaijinizer/gaijinizer patch/scripts.txt then search for "所持制限"#NoTL and change it to replicate the old behaviour.

No guarantees that it won't break random things as a side effect because the old behaviour was a mistake in the first place. You have been warned.
(The safe way to hack would be to use rpgmaker and change the item limit property of each item individually)

I wouldn't recommend it because it messes up the difficulty balance of fights and because becoming a morphine junkie just feels wrong even if it's a fictional universe, but it's your game, make whatever changes you want if it will improve your enjoyment.

SomebodyisNobody

Reputation score
I mean if you really want to do that, you can go to gaijinizer/gaijinizer patch/scripts.txt then search for "所持制限"#NoTL and change it to replicate the old behaviour.

No guarantees that it won't break random things as a side effect because the old behaviour was a mistake in the first place. You have been warned.
(The safe way to hack would be to use rpgmaker and change the item limit property of each item individually)

I wouldn't recommend it because it messes up the difficulty balance of fights and because becoming a morphine junkie just feels wrong even if it's a fictional universe, but it's your game, make whatever changes you want if it will improve your enjoyment.
Thanks for the ideas man, I appreciate it. I enjoy the challenge of the game, but right now I'm looking for a relaxed journey through a morphine addicted adrenaline junkies fantastic adventures against big tiddy cat girls.

Deanexus

Reputation score
Hi I have a problem I extract the RGSS file in my game folder with Decrypter by Falo but the folder for extract is nowhere to be found, please help <_ <

Attachments

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hi I have a problem I extract the RGSS file in my game folder with Decrypter by Falo but the folder for extract is nowhere to be found, please help <_ <
1596251808017.png

Look in the "Extract" folder in the area you have the Decrypter set up. That should help things...

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
ok but in this folder isnt anything. i decrypt the red marked file
It's worth noting that the decrypter will create the "Extract" folder in the same folder the decrypter file is sitting in. For example, if you put the decrypter file in "My Documents" and run it on SHRIFT, it will create a folder called "Extract" in "My Documents", not in the SHRIFT game folder.

Also make sure when you do the extract that you can see a whole bunch of files in the decrypter, and that you select "Extract All Files". You don't need to select any of the files for it to work properly.

decrypter.png

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
A new version will becoming either next weekend or the week after that, Version 2.11:

1596490778442.png

Here's the prospective changelog:

• Updated patch to be based on game version v7.02!
  • Fixed some changed text around Daiji's Pink Bed and the Main Menu
  • Hand translated all of Chapter 4-1!
  • Hand translated Arachne/Archeny's My Room
  • Translated the start of EX3 (TBD)
After translating Archeny's My Room text properly, it is very clear that the developer is actually referring to Arachne, and it's just an odd romanization from JP in the MT:
I've changed all references of Archeny to Arachne to reflect this.

Hope to get this all out to you guys soon! o/

unity3311

Reputation score
After translating Archeny's My Room text properly, it is very clear that the developer is actually referring to Arachne, and it's just an odd romanization from JP in the MT
Interesting, I never caught this but it is fitting considering the pattern of other characters names like Barghest, Hecate, Sphinx, Echo, Lamia, Camazotz...

If I may hazard a guess as to why he used an unconventional katakana spelling, it's because "arachne" has become a generic word for spider-woman in Japan, like "lamia" and "alraune".

アルケニー (ark-nee) is therefore based off the Greek pronunciation, as opposed to the conventional アラクネ (ah-rak-nay) which clearly came from the English pronunciation. I don't know a word of Greek but putting ᾰ̓ρᾰ́χνη into google translate to pronounce, you can hear that there's no stressed "a" sound in the second syllable, and the word ends with a long "e" sound.

Therefore, the dev is naming the character after the mythological Arachne, not the generic word for spider-girl.

(if this is true I am impressed by his level of detail)