What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Anyone know how to update the game without losing previously unlocked scenes and stuff? Because of the wonky super-secret perma save stuff, I imagine it's not as simple as copying the new files over. At least, the last time I tried I ended up having to do a ton of work to recover my save files and ended up some scenes in the gallery (like the transformation into a dog scene).

Thanks.
To transfer over your save to a new version, you'll need to copy over the "Save" folder as well as the "PublicData.rvdata2" file to your new installation.

TheMysteryEvader

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
To transfer over your save to a new version, you'll need to copy over the "Save" folder as well as the "PublicData.rvdata2" file to your new installation.
Do you know how to play the game from any of the chapters? I know having the endgame save doesn't let you play from specific chapters unaltered. Makes it hard to play from the latest patch.

o11187909

Reputation score
I found some text in ex2 that got missed by the machine translator. It is right after you complete ex2 and talk to Yui in the laboratory. Along with this, the events that follow are also in the same state. I am on patch 2.12 with a fresh copy of Shrift, but I also found it on patch 2.10c.

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I found some text in ex2 that got missed by the machine translator. It is right after you complete ex2 and talk to Yui in the laboratory. Along with this, the events that follow are also in the same state. I am on patch 2.12 with a fresh copy of Shrift, but I also found it on patch 2.10c.
Yep, I never got around to that text. We'll definitely get to it once we start working on the EX Post Game Dungeons, it wasn't really anything high priority to MT and it looked bad running Yui's text through MT, so I ignored it.

o11187909

Reputation score
No problem, if it is that bad compared to the ex stages I don't blame you lol

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
The previous patch has a crashing bug unfortunately, as I mentioned in the main thread:

1600307058571.png

Here's the hotfix, v2.12b. The single change is:
  • Fixed crashing on end game screens.
Enjoy!

Attachments

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 2.13 is coming down the pipes!

1601347431253.png

The prospective changelog:
  • Translated Titanoboa's My Room and Compendium!
  • Finished translating all NG+ Events
  • Translated Genocide text for Chapters 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3.
We're looking to release this either next weekend or the weekend after that. We're getting closer and closer to a v3.0, and I can't wait till the entire base game is finished!

See you all soon!

Ginek

Reputation score
True Mercy ending translation will come after genocide? Or did i miss it being getting translated somewhere around?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
True Mercy ending translation will come after genocide? Or did i miss it being getting translated somewhere around?
We're planning on doing it for v2.14, we just needed to get the NG+ Events done first.

Strate

Reputation score
I was wondering, as I played through the game I found a few typos and formatting errors (such as text sometimes clipping off the screen)
Do you want me to compile a list of them? I could also try to correct them myself if that's more helpful, but I've never worked on a project so I'm not sure how to operate GitHub.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I was wondering, as I played through the game I found a few typos and formatting errors (such as text sometimes clipping off the screen)
Do you want me to compile a list of them? I could also try to correct them myself if that's more helpful, but I've never worked on a project so I'm not sure how to operate GitHub.
Feel free to send me some! We're doing a decent sized cleanup of the text with Genocide, and it can't hurt to see a few.

Strate

Reputation score
Feel free to send me some! We're doing a decent sized cleanup of the text with Genocide, and it can't hurt to see a few.
In the attached file are the ones I initially found, with the name of the related file and line to hopefully make it easy to sort.
Also, is there anyone working on the Persuade lines at the moment? If not, could I try my hand at translating some of them? I had a look and I'm pretty sure I can do most of them for the base game.

Attachments

bmyhand34

Reputation score
what estimate of time do you think until the entire base game is translated?

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If I had to guess it will probably be a bit till the whole game is translated as there still a good chunk of the genoside text to translate from each chapter, but if your doing a pacifist run sounds like you should be able to do a complete run from start to finish when 2.14 comes out unless I've forgotten something as that's planned to have the current missing translation pieces included.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Sorry for the long wait, work has been killing me lately. Version 2.13 is now out!

1603067517499.png
1603067533036.png

Changelog:
  • Translated Titanoboa's My Room and Compendium!
  • Finished translating all NG+ Events
  • Translated Genocide text for Chapters 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3.
  • Added various typo fixes and improvements (thanks Strate!)
Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

crazycarzom

Reputation score
I appreciate all the work you have done so far, thus I just wanted to question a certain issue I ran into while playing the game.

I am currently on Chapter 2-1, when I encounter Mother Rabbit for the first time, there is a window of text that is left untranslated despite it having a entry in the patch.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 224112.png

The entry is in Map047.txt;

> BEGIN STRING
奴の母乳を、人間が多量に接種してしまうと

身も心もそのまま『子ウサギ』になってしまうんだよ。
> CONTEXT: Map047/events/38/pages/0/50/Dialogue/yuuma
If a human's inoculated with large amounts of
their breast milk, they're transformed both body
and mind into a 'baby rabbit'.#Ron
> END STRING

You don't really have to pay this any mind, it could merely be a error on my end, so I just wanted to inform you of this supposed bug.

I hope you have an amazing evening!

mercykid1

Reputation score
can someone tell me where to get the game fully translated? i tried to translate it but i kept failing as my computer skills suck , i have the chinese version...

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You need to have the original game first and copy the translation files over after extracting the files from the original game

Link to the original game -

If you don't know how to extract if you get a decrypter I use this one -

Run the decrypter exe - file - open file - select the "Game.rgss2a" file in the original game folder - then go on to tools and select extract all files and it should do its thing and make a folder in the same place as the tool called "extract" and copy all the stuff in there and put it in the game folder and delete/move the Game.rgss2a file out of the game folder other wise the game will still load files from there at this point might what to run the game see if it still works which it should if not somethings messed up here.

You should then copy the translation files over and replace and overwrite any files it asks can get the translation files on the first post or couple above
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-tra...ine-and-manual-translation.13278/post-1122929

After that if you run the "game.exe" it should bootup with the Gajinizer screen with a option to patch which you need to click on which will start patching the game which depending on your PC might take a moment but it will come up with a text box saying that it has patched the game once finished and close when you run the game again it should boot the game as normal except its translated now

Last edited: