What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Interesting, I never caught this but it is fitting considering the pattern of other characters names like Barghest, Hecate, Sphinx, Echo, Lamia, Camazotz...

If I may hazard a guess as to why he used an unconventional katakana spelling, it's because "arachne" has become a generic word for spider-woman in Japan, like "lamia" and "alraune".

アルケニー (ark-nee) is therefore based off the Greek pronunciation, as opposed to the conventional アラクネ (ah-rak-nay) which clearly came from the English pronunciation. I don't know a word of Greek but putting ᾰ̓ρᾰ́χνη into google translate to pronounce, you can hear that there's no stressed "a" sound in the second syllable, and the word ends with a long "e" sound.

Therefore, the dev is naming the character after the mythological Arachne, not the generic word for spider-girl.

(if this is true I am impressed by his level of detail)
Minor spoilers is that it's 100% supposed to be the mythological Arachne, as she even mentions the weaving story where she was cursed to be a spider. He's a big SMT buff like me, so I'm not surprised with the mythological references (there's plenty more in SHRIFT, after all).

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 2.11 has been released!

1597011932602.png

Changelog:
  • Updated patch to be based on game version v7.00!
  • Fixed some changed text around Daiji's Pink Bed and the Main Menu
  • Hand translated all of Chapter 4-1!
  • Hand translated Arachne/Archeny's My Room
  • As part of other work, a good chunk of Mai & Ena's lines and the start of EX2 have been translated. (this is not even close to being done, best to wait on this).
  • General typo fixes and other improvements.

As mentioned in the previous update, Archeny was a bad romanization from the previous Machine Translation, and it's very clearly meant to be Arachne. I've updated all instances of this in the translation.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Ocilaz

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
I just finished the game and got "Mercy Road B", I guess I messed up somewhere? I didn't killed any monster and did a pacifist run
[SPOILER="I saved Oni and only forgot to level Daiji companionship to 100"
did I screwed my game and have to redo it everything? could someone share a savefile please?

Regards.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I just finished the game and got "Mercy Road B", I guess I messed up somewhere? I didn't killed any monster and did a pacifist run
[SPOILER="I saved Oni and only forgot to level Daiji companionship to 100"
did I screwed my game and have to redo it everything? could someone share a savefile please?

Regards.
Probably best to ask this in the main thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift.11163/

Reputation score
To kick off the thread, I've just finished up work on a new patch (v2.1). A lot of the Chapter 1-1 translations got mixed up when this project got ported over to Gaijinizer from RPGMTranslator, and over the many versions of SHRIFT, typos have been fixed and text has been changed to make some of the translations out of date. This patch should make Chapter 1-1 a lot cleaner.

Enjoy!
keep getting a failure to load script error

Now i getting missing actors error

Cm-4574865

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Anyone got a save for the start of 4.1?

purplepower

Reputation score
The changelog doesn't say but i noticed the start of ex3 is kind of half translated, but does anyone know exactly if they just missed some in the machine translation and i can keep going?

Tyranado

Reputation score
The changelog doesn't say but i noticed the start of ex3 is kind of half translated, but does anyone know exactly if they just missed some in the machine translation and i can keep going?
It was mentioned in a previous post:

A new version will becoming either next weekend or the week after that, Version 2.11:

View attachment 33854

Here's the prospective changelog:

• Updated patch to be based on game version v7.02!
  • Fixed some changed text around Daiji's Pink Bed and the Main Menu
  • Hand translated all of Chapter 4-1!
  • Hand translated Arachne/Archeny's My Room
  • Translated the start of EX3 (TBD)
After translating Archeny's My Room text properly, it is very clear that the developer is actually referring to Arachne, and it's just an odd romanization from JP in the MT:
I've changed all references of Archeny to Arachne to reflect this.

Hope to get this all out to you guys soon! o/

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 2.12 is slowly beginning to form, and we've got quite a few new things in it.

First, I finally got around to updating the patcher's splash screen!

1599376927377.png

Been meaning to do this a while, and finally got around to doing it. Here's the prospective changelog for v2.12:

1599377083129.png

• Updated the patch to be based off of v7.02
  • Cleaned up patcher splash screen.
  • Completely hand translated Chapter 4-2! This includes (obvious spoilers up till the end of 4-2):
    • The Tape, obtained during True Mercy.
    • Both phases of the boss.
    • Neutral Ending A, and most likely the other Neutral endings as well.
    • The "emails" you get from them.
  • Camazotz's My Room and Compendium has also been hand-translated!
  • General minor text cleanup and other improvements.
We hope to release this either next weekend or the weekend after that. Chapter 4-2 and everything it includes is massive, so it's taken a while to translate everything that's included in this update. We hope to release it to you soon!

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
cool does that mean after this patch comes out the main game will fully be translated im talking about the story not EX stories

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
cool does that mean after this patch comes out the main game will fully be translated im talking about the story not EX stories
It means that you can completely run through any Neutral route and everything will be translated. Things left to do before the base game is completely translated are:
  • True Mercy's Final Chapter and Endings
  • NG+ Events
  • Genocide and its Final Chapter/Endings
Once we release v2.12, v2.13 will likely cover the NG+ Events and a few chapters of Genocide.

Chaos135

Reputation score
Wow, I can hardly believe the whole main game is almost translated! It's great that this even managed to be done at all, let alone so well. Thanks for all your time, guys.

Cm-4574865

Reputation score
Ignoring publicly posted warnings. 1 week ban.
I got a warning the last time I asked for this but its completely relevant to the thread; I really cannot be bothered with the titanaboa backtracking, surely someone has a save for the latest chapter so we can be caught up to the translation changes?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 2.12 has been released!

1599968427769.png 1599968441774.png

Here's the changelog:

• Updated the patch to be based off of v7.02
  • Cleaned up patcher splash screen.
  • Completely hand translated Chapter 4-2! This includes (obvious spoilers up till the end of 4-2):
    • The Tape, obtained during True Mercy.
    • Both phases of the boss.
    • All Neutral endings (A, B, and C).
    • The "emails" you get from them.
  • Camazotz's My Room and Compendium has also been hand-translated!
  • General minor text cleanup and other improvements.
  • Other mysterious things :3
Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

(removed download link because this version is busted, get v2.12b!)

Last edited:

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Anyone know how to update the game without losing previously unlocked scenes and stuff? Because of the wonky super-secret perma save stuff, I imagine it's not as simple as copying the new files over. At least, the last time I tried I ended up having to do a ton of work to recover my save files and ended up some scenes in the gallery (like the transformation into a dog scene).

Thanks.

TheMysteryEvader

Reputation score
How can I edit my save file to play the translated content? I want to play from a certain chapter maybe chapter 4, but I'm stuck so I was wondering if there was a way to edit your save file to start from a certain point.