What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

delyus

Reputation score
thank you for the work on this, this really made me consider picking jp up again because I really want to read all the sidestories and (yet) untranslated stuff.

Strate

Reputation score
I went through the NG+ events now that they're translated, and listed a few typos along the way. There's not many, only 4 of them.

Attachments

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
We have a big update coming down the pipes, as v2.14 is getting closer and closer to completion...

1604208794412.png

There's a lot to cover here, so I'll go over the prospective changelog:
  • Fully hand translated all of Mercy's Final Chapter (4-3). This includes (obvious spoilers below):
    • The True Mercy Ending, alongside Mercy A and B.
    • All the emails you get from them
    • Redid machine translation of the Pink Bed in 4-3 to be fully hand translated.
  • Daiji -> Daji
  • Daji's My Room will also be fully translated!
  • A bunch of minor translation fixes to fix a few things changed by developer typo fixes (namely that missing line for 2-1).
  • Minor translation improvements.
So, one thing that I had put off from last update is updating Daiji's name from its initial machine translation. From everything that's mentioned in the game, it's very clearly "Daji" they are referring to: .

There's some alternate romanizations of the name, similar to Archeny/Arachne, but I'm just going to simply translate it the way one would most clearly look it up as in English (Dakki is a fairly common alternate romanization, I've heard).

We're expecting to be finished with the new version and release it in around two weeks time. With this, all of the Neutral and Mercy paths will finally be fully playable from start to finish, leaving just the Genocide path left until the entire base game is done.

Hope to get this all out to you soon! ^w^

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
The new patch is out! Here's the changelog for Version 2.14:

1605159216074.png

• Fully hand translated all of Mercy's Final Chapter (4-3). This includes (obvious spoilers below):
  • Daiji -> Daji
  • Daji's My Room and Compendium is fully translated!
  • A bunch of minor translation fixes to fix a few things changed by developer typo fixes (namely that missing line for 2-1).
  • Reworked a bunch of text around the swords, cleaning up some machine translated stuff that was left as a placeholder a while back.
  • Minor translation improvements and typo fixes.
With this, all the Neutral and Mercy paths are now complete!

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

Last edited:

Tyranado

Reputation score
The new patch is out! Here's the changelog for Version 2.14:

View attachment 35909

• Daiji -> Daji
  • Daji's My Room and Compendium is fully translated!
  • Reworked a bunch of text around the swords, cleaning up some machine translated stuff that was left as a placeholder a while back.
  • Minor translation improvements and typo fixes.
With this, all the Neutral and Mercy paths are now complete!

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^
Great job as always, can't wait to jump into this!

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Its funny my router died recently had it for over 15 years so haven't been on the internet at all but before my data on my phone tomorrow gets refreshed I thought I would tether it hop on and see what's new and I'm blessed with this good new that I thought I would share can't really say more than Tyranado Awesome work can't wait to play it

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
dont know if someone said this befor but for titanoboa mukuro mother rabbit echo and arachne you cant see the friendship at all,also i think there a word that cut off in echo bonding event only one word i think the word is the dont know if there are more words after that one the, its easy to see its the just wanted to let you know. edit: looks like camazotz you also cant see friendship. finshed daji fight looks like you also cant see her friendship in my room.

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
A quick update, as we get closer to v2.15 being ready for release:

1606092429001.png
1606092445110.png

Prospective changelog:
  • Translated all of Genocide Chapter 2 and 3.
  • Cleaned up some Chapter 2 and 3 text as we went through them for Genocide, as well.
  • Translated a few things in the Post-Game:
    • Fate's Origin has been hand translated.
    • Hyakki's My Room, and a few secrets around it have been translated.
  • Added a few friendship printouts to a few My Rooms that were missing them.
  • Minor cleanup and typo fixes.
We're thinking we'll be able to release this before 2020 ends, in two weeks. Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

jjhew72772

Reputation score
How do I properly decrypt the game's RGSS3A file, because I'm messing up some how?

mrflufferkins

Reputation score
could i get some help with setting up the English patch? im pretty terrible when it comes to computer stuff

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Not sure which bit your stuck on but here's the mini guide I wrote a while a go hope it helps or worst case if u get to the part after decryption and the game don't work we can move back from there and figure what's wrong

You need to have the original game first and copy the translation files over after extracting the files from the original game

Link to the original game -

If you don't know how to extract if you get a decrypter I use this one -

Run the decrypter exe - file - open file - select the "Game.rgss2a" file in the original game folder - then go on to tools and select extract all files and it should do its thing and make a folder in the same place as the tool called "extract" and copy all the stuff in there and put it in the game folder and delete/move the Game.rgss2a file out of the game folder other wise the game will still load files from there at this point might what to run the game see if it still works which it should if not somethings messed up here.

You should then copy the translation files over and replace and overwrite any files it asks can get the translation files on the first post or couple above
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-tra...ine-and-manual-translation.13278/post-1122929

After that if you run the "game.exe" it should bootup with the Gajinizer screen with a option to patch which you need to click on which will start patching the game which depending on your PC might take a moment but it will come up with a text box saying that it has patched the game once finished and close when you run the game again it should boot the game as normal except its translated now

Colonel Dumb

Reputation score
I keep trying to extract the files to make a folder but the folder won't appear? Can someone help me?

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
like extracting the game from the Zip file or extracting the game files from the Rgss3a file?

EDIT: if you mean the extracting the game files from the Rgss3a file should work as mentioned above if your using the same tool when you extract the files from the Rgss3a file it should make a folder called "Extract" in the same place the decrypter tool is only reason I can think it not doing that at the moment is if your extracting the wrong file or if the place the tool is in a restricted area on the PC and wont create the folder due to lack of privileges

Last edited:

Strate

Reputation score
There is an event in Hell's Gate that activates when Barghest and Lampas are recruited, and it seems to still be machine translated. Was this an oversight or will it be translated later? There's also other instances of this such as trying to defeat Sphinx with weapons or most comments from other monsters during Nina's bonding scene.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
There is an event in Hell's Gate that activates when Barghest and Lampas are recruited, and it seems to still be machine translated. Was this an oversight or will it be translated later? There's also other instances of this such as trying to defeat Sphinx with weapons or most comments from other monsters during Nina's bonding scene.
Think I've definitely updated the extra monsters commenting in Nina's bonding scene that you wouldn't have on you at the time as part of the patch that will be coming out in the next few days. I'll check out those other two things you mentioned when I have the time. Thanks for giving me a heads up!

Strate

Reputation score
Think I've definitely updated the extra monsters commenting in Nina's bonding scene that you wouldn't have on you at the time as part of the patch that will be coming out in the next few days. I'll check out those other two things you mentioned when I have the time. Thanks for giving me a heads up!
Good to know, another one I remember is the dialogue that comes from struggling out of Daji's tail binding in her first form.
I can make another list with the file and line numbers if you want. I'll check on the other battles in the meantime.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
We've done a general clean up of Hell's Gate text while we were there, and we're looking at the Sphinx event right now. Probably best to wait till we release the new patch (which will be either today or tomorrow) before giving us another typo list, as we've fixed a lot of things in the new one.

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Hey Strate, I've been trying to trigger that event with no luck so I can only look at the files. Could you confirm what happens for me?

As far as I can tell, Hecate shows up, gets into an argument with Meira, then Kazuya shows up. There's a bit where Kazuya shouts in MTL that "I was looking at it in a very visible position!", what's happening in that moment during the event?