What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
EX1 has a rough machine translation, EX2 has a better quality, edited machine translation. I honestly think EX2 is much better then EX1 and ties more into the central plot, so that's why I wanted to do it before EX1.
true i cant wait for EX2 to be hand translated since i always wanted to fight hecate ever since we see her in chapter 1 to bad she does not come to my room she kinda my favorite other then sphinx nina and makuro, since i dont want to do EX 1 until its hand translated looks like ill have to wait.

Crimson Tide

Reputation score
I'm not sure if you've already thought of and dismissed this, but I couldn't find any mention of it in this thread, the previous one, or the general Shrift thread, so I thought I'd bring it up.

There's a chance that Lampas is actually meant to be Lampad. In Greek mythology, the Lampads were nymphs that accompanied the goddess Hecate, and carried torches that brought madness upon any who viewed them. There are quite a few differences between Lampas and the mythological Lampad (like the plant element, and the light being fueled by souls... and, you know, the Sex™), but there are quite a few differences between Shrift's Hecate and the Greek pantheon's Hecate too. And between being followers of Hecate, and having an association with lights... I feel like it's too similar to be a coincidence.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
that interesting but ill find calling them lampad strange ill ether say it like lam-pad or lamp-ad rather then lamp-as but that does not really matter anyway

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
You're probably right that that's what the character's based on. According to Japanese wikipedia, the name ランパス comes from the Greek Λαμπάς or Lampás, which is probably where the dev took his spelling. I don't know if it's the ancient Greek pronunciation, but putting Λαμπάς into Google Translate to hear the pronunciation it sounds a little like "Lampas". The plural is apparently Lampádes which is where Lampads might come from.

Kurama97

Reputation score
Hello Everyone. I'm trying to download the patch but I can't get it to work for some reason. I can't extract the file it says to and gaijin isn't popping up. Any advice?

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well if you can't extract the game's rgss2a file the Gaijinizer wont pop up cause of how that works which extractor/decrypter are you trying to use to unpack it?
Here's a mini guide I wrote a while ago might help
You need to have the original game first and copy the translation files over after extracting the files from the original game

Link to the original game -

If you don't know how to extract if you get a decrypter I use this one -

Run the decrypter exe - file - open file - select the "Game.rgss2a" file in the original game folder - then go on to tools and select extract all files and it should do its thing and make a folder in the same place as the tool called "extract" and copy all the stuff in there and put it in the game folder and delete/move the Game.rgss2a file out of the game folder other wise the game will still load files from there at this point might what to run the game see if it still works which it should if not somethings messed up here.

You should then copy the translation files over and replace and overwrite any files it asks can get the translation files on the first post
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-tra...ine-and-manual-translation.13278/post-1122929

After that if you run the "game.exe" it should bootup with the Gaijinizer screen with a option to patch which you need to click on which will start patching the game which depending on your PC might take a moment but it will come up with a text box saying that it has patched the game once finished and close when you run the game again it should boot the game as normal except its translated now

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm using RPGMakerDecrypter-Master and I thought it was 3a
Might be 3a been a bit since I patched it so the file has been deleted for a bit. The only thing I can thing of at the minute is where you have the extractor or the game directory the file area is restricted with its properties so the extractor cant access the file correctly and fails. Does the extractor come up with anything when it doesn't work?

Kurama97

Reputation score
Ok I figured out how to get it to the Gaijinizer page but it won't let me patch

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Ok I figured out how to get it to the Gaijinizer page but it won't let me patch
Often folk have problems with it because the gajinizer is a very different kind of patching and folks fail to read the instructions word for word figuring, "hey, I got this". I know I had a hard time because I didn't realize the gajinizer patch has to be in the same folder as the game executable. Then I thought it wasn't working because I didn't wait, or see a change from the demon-dog face when running it. It takes a bit, then it closes and the next time you try to run the game it should operate. I had to install a fresh game once, because I was mucking around a bit, but then it worked. Might try that if ya haven't. If it still doesn't work after doing those things, you'll probably need to describe your process word for word so the veteran patchers/translators here can help.

Kurama97

Reputation score
Stop Spamming posts, use the edit button.
Ok I think I messed something up so I'm going to start over entirely

Ok downloaded the game, I have now extracted game.rgss3a, have deleted rgss3a and moved over data and graphics from the extract folder, Now running game for bug check, check complete game runs fine, Have now downloaded patch and will transfer files.

Do I move the patch over entirely or do it bit by bit?

Have moved everything manually now testing

Failed to load script Will now attempt to move over patch itself

Failed to load script

Have moved everything back to original file and will now attempt to only move the Gaijinizer. Attempt successful

Testing...game.exe is open and gaijinizer is running. Now attempting patch.

Kurama97

Reputation score
Stop Spamming posts, use the edit button.
Game patched successfully and English translation is clear. Objective accomplished and returning to bed. Thank you for assistance.

Kurama97

Reputation score
Made it to the Barghest sighting and then it couldn't find the file. I am crushed. Will try to fix

Kurama97

Reputation score
Stop Spamming posts, use the edit button. Threadbanned for a week.
Unable to find file Graphics/Pictures/ba/7-000.png
Have downloaded copy of game and replaced pictures file
Apologies did not realize I was spamming will stop now.
Issue seemingly fixed when I copied original game picture files and pasted them in new picture files
Hello there. It said I was banned for a week because I was spamming and I would be free on the 31st. Well it's the 31st. Is there a problem or do I need to wait longer?

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
@Kurama97 Feel free to use SHRIFT Translation Patch from my shared folder. Currently in beta, but seems stable enough. Contains version 2.15 of the translation.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Good timing, I should give an update on the status of the patch.

Unfortunately, I fractured my arm a few weeks back, which has lost me at least a week of progress translating. Engagement endings also have about as much text as two or three chapters worth of gameplay, so it has been a slog translating all 14 full epilogues. I was making a final push towards completion, with only a few engagement endings left, but...

I downloaded the new 7.2 version of SHRIFT that was released today, and a ton of text and stuff I need to rebuild has been added from both the 7.14 and 7.2 patches, mainly around the Hyakki fight of 4-3, and adding tons of new dialogue, brand new skills, and heavily buffed stats, in addition to more armor and equipment to translate. As much as I wanted to release the new patch today, it will likely take another week to go through 4-3 all over again and make sure we haven't missed and new content, as opposed to releasing what we have now and have it be immediately out of date with the new version. Sorry.

Hope to get back to you guys soon! ^w^

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
is the next patch going to finish the Ex3 translation?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
It is finally done:

1613408953158.png
1613408979849.png

Version 3.0 is finally out, with a new installer as well! No longer do you have to worry about decrypting and other folder management: just run the installer and pick the folder where the Game.exe is and the installer will handle everything else for you. With this, almost the entire base game is now fully translated. All three paths (Mercy, Neutral, and Genocide) are now playable to their ends with fully translated text.

There's a lot to cover here, but here's the changelog:

• Chapter 4 of Genocide is now fully translated!
  • Patch is now based on Game Version 7.2!
  • A brand new installer is now out that will make the patching process much easier!
  • In addition, all the v7.2 additions to Chapter 4-3 have also been translated. This covers a ton of new things added to the Hyakki fight.
  • All engagement endings are now fully translated!
  • A few plugins we use for effects now run faster. This also fixed some weird text chunkiness if entries are too long in places like the inventory.
  • A bunch of new craftable equipment added over the last few game patches for post-game have been translated.
  • Fixed translation for Daji NG+ scene, among a few others.
  • Translated and typeset a few images that were still lacking English text.
  • Translated a lot of Persuade text and mechanics that were missing.
  • Fixed a lot of things relating to an Easter Egg.
  • Translated scrolling interchapter credits, which were really overdue for a translation. (True Mercy credits left untouched.)
  • Cleaned up a bunch of equipment that wasn't translated well from MT.
  • Found a few more post-Geno interactions, translated them.
  • Translated a few things related to the new Challenge Mode.
  • Various typo fixes all around.
  • Probably other things I've forgotten to add, we worked on a lot...

What's left to translate:
  • EX Dungeons
  • Spectator/Gag Difficulty
  • Side Stories
Let me know if you have any issues with the installer, but from the testing I've done it seems incredibly solid. Thanks again to Anegorami for helping us by making it!

One minor note: You may get a false virus positive from the installer on Windows systems. This is normal, just ignore it:

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Last edited: