What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

ghasT_T

Reputation score
Having spent the week replaying True Mercy after having not used the last five or so patches, I can only say "Wow"

Quality is through the roof, and I just want to thank the translation team for keeping the project alive. Translating a work of this size and depth isn't easy, especially with the game receiving constant updates, further increasing the work load.
It's hard to stick with something for so long and not get enough credit.

Thank you so much

Reputation score
Had a bit of a strange issue with the Titanoboa bonding scene. At one point the game gave me an error message that I didnt think to screenshot at the time. Only thing I remember is it mentioning a problem with a bitmap or something. Clicking ok on the message quit the game.

solarbeamr

Reputation score
Had a bit of a strange issue with the Titanoboa bonding scene. At one point the game gave me an error message that I didnt think to screenshot at the time. Only thing I remember is it mentioning a problem with a bitmap or something. Clicking ok on the message quit the game.
Try re-downloading the newest version, then apply the patch to fix it, maybe it has something to do with the game's files
Newest english patch is 3.0
and game version is 7.2

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Sorry for the wait on news from the EX3 patch, here's an update on where we're at:

1616964064061.png 1616964080476.png 1616964117584.png

Prospective changelog for version v7.1:

- EX3 is now fully hand translated, including the teaser for EX4.
- A few general typo fixes we've found along the way.

We're planning to release version 7.1 sometime along the Easter long weekend, and we're currently finishing up the last bits and doing final playtesting for it. Hope to release to you guys soon!

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Having spent the week replaying True Mercy after having not used the last five or so patches, I can only say "Wow"

Quality is through the roof, and I just want to thank the translation team for keeping the project alive. Translating a work of this size and depth isn't easy, especially with the game receiving constant updates, further increasing the work load.
It's hard to stick with something for so long and not get enough credit.

Thank you so much
Thanks a ton mate, posts like this really help (y)

solarbeamr

Reputation score
Sorry for the wait on news from the EX3 patch, here's an update on where we're at:

View attachment 38447View attachment 38448View attachment 38449

Prospective changelog for version v7.1:

- EX3 is now fully hand translated, including the teaser for EX4.
- A few general typo fixes we've found along the way.

We're planning to release version 7.1 sometime along the Easter long weekend, and we're currently finishing up the last bits and doing final playtesting for it. Hope to release to you guys soon!
Wow, you guys are awesome.
Just finished the TM route and thought have to hold off on the game but on the same day, got this good new.
Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart

Last edited:

Kaerdron

Reputation score
To Wonderlands back and forth it is...

By the way, I don't think I took the opportunity yet, but thanks for the translation, really. I heard about Shrift a little in the past and took interest in it when MGQ Paradox released that collab, and since it's one of the only game that had a translation I decided to check it.

So sincerely, thank for your effort, I really appreciate being able to play the game in english given I don't understand a word of japanese.

Nowadon

Reputation score
Cant wait to have Titania's translated text. thx for your hardwork!

Fable51

Reputation score
So question, how far along are the DLC's (Not EX chapters) translated? I was going to go ahead and buy them now that Dlsite is integrated, and I can now use my points over on Ci-en. I'm going to buy them anyways at Some point but just thought I would go ahead and ask. Thanks for the translations as always btw.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
221.png

Version 3.1 is finally finished!

1617638872791.png

Changelog for version v3.1:

• EX3 is now fully hand translated, including the teaser for EX4.
  • Fixed minor typos throughout the game.
  • Made minor improvements to the patcher software.

Enjoy!

Edit: Added old method for compatibility's sake.

Attachments

Last edited:

SvenFletcher

Reputation score
Thanks once again for your hard work. It's really appreciated.

If I might ask, what's next on the list? EX1, EX2, or something else?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Thanks once again for your hard work. It's really appreciated.

If I might ask, what's next on the list? EX1, EX2, or something else?
We're definitely continuing on to the other EX Dungeons. Not quite sure if we want a very quick patch covering EX1 or a patch that combines both EX1 and EX2 together yet. Both combined are about the size of EX3 translation wise.

St123

Reputation score
We're definitely continuing on to the other EX Dungeons. Not quite sure if we want a very quick patch covering EX1 or a patch that combines both EX1 and EX2 together yet. Both combined are about the size of EX3 translation wise.
Tnx for your work. Hello from Russia =3

Can i ask you for help? I get "Failed to load script" error then try to run a game with new 3.1 translate with OlsZip link. Did i need something for fix this?
Can antivirus trigger on patch?
OK. It was antivirus, who block the file, sry.

SvenFletcher

Reputation score
Personally, I liked EX2's content better than EX1's and would be willing to wait, but I can't speak for everyone. Whatever you choose, I'll be fine with it.

solarbeamr

Reputation score
Thank you for Easter's gift, Happy Easter to everyone

SvenFletcher

Reputation score
I hate to bring this up, but you guys missed a dialogue with Puck after running away from a certain fight in EX3
He's hiding behind one of the pillars below Cheshire

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I hate to bring this up, but you guys missed a dialogue with Puck after running away from a certain fight in EX3
He's hiding behind one of the pillars below Cheshire
No worries mate, throw up a screenshot and I'll grab it in the next version we release.