What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

purplepower

Reputation score
So is Mormo my room still not translated or did i mess up something patching?

Xanrn

Lurker
Reputation score
Every time i install a new patch all the EX crystals go dark. any way to fix this? sucks having to redo a bunch of stuff to get them again.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Wait... is EX1 and 2 not translated. I could've sworn EX1 and 2 were translated before...
They are machine translated, and I did a decent amount of work to EX2 to make it playable, at least. We're tackling them for real next release (y)

solarbeamr

Reputation score
They are machine translated, and I did a decent amount of work to EX2 to make it playable, at least. We're tackling them for real next release (y)
I think there's a bug with EX 3,after I finished it, watch the collab scene, then I load my game into from where I suppose to fight ( Fairy) and Sphixn but the game counts that I defeat her, know how to deal with Sphinx and change her back to normal, so that save skips bunch of event that suppose to happen. I only has Big Sphinx scene left.
Thank you very much for translating EX3 even to the lost scenes, being broken 4th wall is a nice, rare feeling I like to get from game like this.
P/S I bought the DLC but they're in Japanese right ?
still try figuring out how to install them =.=

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I think there's a bug with EX 3,after I finished it, watch the collab scene, then I load my game into from where I suppose to fight ( Fairy) and Sphixn but the game counts that I defeat her, know how to deal with Sphinx and change her back to normal, so that save skips bunch of event that suppose to happen. I only has Big Sphinx scene left.
Thank you very much for translating EX3 even to the lost scenes, being broken 4th wall is a nice, rare feeling I like to get from game like this.
P/S I bought the DLC but they're in Japanese right ?
still try figuring out how to install them =.=
Messing with saves in general/altering PublicData.rvdata2 is going to result in buggy behaviour, that's not on me, lol. The safest way to save backups is to make a copy of the save folder and PublicData.rvdata2 and put them somewhere, and copy/paste them back in as necessary.

As for DLC, some of is very poorly machine translated from the previous base patch two years ago, and the rest is completely untranslated.

solarbeamr

Reputation score
Messing with saves in general/altering PublicData.rvdata2 is going to result in buggy behaviour, that's not on me, lol. The safest way to save backups is to make a copy of the save folder and PublicData.rvdata2 and put them somewhere, and copy/paste them back in as necessary.

As for DLC, some of is very poorly machine translated from the previous base patch two years ago, and the rest is completely untranslated.
Lmao even just the normal save/load one ?
I don't even know we have the public save .
Thank you,guess I have to reset Ex3 then.

Xanrn

Lurker
Reputation score
Every time i install a new patch all the EX crystals go dark. any way to fix this? sucks having to redo a bunch of stuff to get them again.
Still wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. I left the EX-3 to figure out how to do the sphinx thing but now i cant enter it again. a new patch always makes all the girls back to 99 bonding and probably does something with my true mercy completion as well. This has happened 3/3 times for each EX story so far.

solarbeamr

Reputation score
Still wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. I left the EX-3 to figure out how to do the sphinx thing but now i cant enter it again. a new patch always makes all the girls back to 99 bonding and probably does something with my true mercy completion as well. This has happened 3/3 times for each EX story so far.
Have you check for your game version ?
It's 3.1 patch and 7.2 base game.
I do the same, move my saves to new patch and everything is still there.
Like Shrifted said, don't mess with the public save data.

Strate

Reputation score
Are you installing the patch on a clean, new extract of the game? If you are, then make sure to move the "PublicData.rvdata2" file over from the original installation of the game you were playing, not just the save folder. That file also contains data related to your progress, which you need for everything to work normally.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Some news about the EX2 translation, which will be due soon:

1620709258892.png
1620710109017.png

Prospective changelog for v3.2:

• EX2 Is now fully hand translated, including a new My Room!
  • Translated a few lines we missed from EX3, as well as a few other typos.
  • Upgraded the patcher to catch a few special things in EX2.
  • Various minor fixes.

We're planning on releasing v3.2 in roughly two weeks or earlier from now. Hope you all enjoy it!

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
sweet that means we are super close to getting the full game translated befor ex4 comes out that be awesome it that could happen.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
sweet that means we are super close to getting the full game translated befor ex4 comes out that be awesome it that could happen.
I'm not sure. There's still EX1, and if Shrifted releases EX2 patch 'in roughly two weeks' that more or less coincides with Nekomata's planned ETA of EX4 release. We'll see tho?

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm not sure. There's still EX1, and if Shrifted releases EX2 patch 'in roughly two weeks' that more or less coincides with Nekomata's planned ETA of EX4 release. We'll see tho?
there an ETA for EX4 release i did not know that

purplepower

Reputation score
Apparently ex4 is suppose to be similar length to the main game, Godspeed translators

Nereus

Reputation score
i'm really waiting to EX 1 to be translated so I can play them in order xD

Xanrn

Lurker
Reputation score
Have you check for your game version ?
It's 3.1 patch and 7.2 base game.
I do the same, move my saves to new patch and everything is still there.
Like Shrifted said, don't mess with the public save data.
Are you installing the patch on a clean, new extract of the game? If you are, then make sure to move the "PublicData.rvdata2" file over from the original installation of the game you were playing, not just the save folder. That file also contains data related to your progress, which you need for everything to work normally.
Yep that would be the reason i havent been grabbing that file. Anyone know if a publicsavedata file from someone would fix it for me? i had all the scenes unlocked and everything complete up to midway through EX3. If so can anyone give me that file

Found one, it worked. I will make sure i swap that over next time.. wish it was in the save folder like the rest lol. Thanks muchly!

Last edited: