What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

bmyhand34

Reputation score
I try to run the installer but I get this issue apparently you need permisson to access it

its also corrupt apparently

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Looks like the installer broke one of our plugins, I'll try to put up a fixed version as soon as possible. Currently, it'll break on the 3-3 Genocide fight.

I try to run the installer but I get this issue apparently you need permisson to access it

its also corrupt apparently
Think you're good now, from what I replied in the SHRIFT server.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 3.0b is out!

This fixes the Glitchy_Text issue you'll encounter late in Genocide runs, as well as adds some minor improvements to the patcher.

Remember to remove your previous Gaijinizer folders if you have any before applying the new patch.

Enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

bruh1234

Reputation score
there is an error on the second chapter with the latest shrift version in geno, with haru and liz, the scene when you have to get the key is the default one and not the genocide one

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
there is an error on the second chapter with the latest shrift version in geno, with haru and liz, the scene when you have to get the key is the default one and not the genocide one
The dev has locked Genocide behind beating the game at least once in v7.2. You can't get Genocide scenes now until you've played through the story once through. The translation doesn't really change that.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
what's Spectator/Gag Difficulty from the names sounds like there no fights at all i could ask that in main thread but since i first saw that there not translated yet they must have unique lines, i did see spectator mode in game but was thinking it was an easier mode then easy no idea what Gag difficulty is at all dont even think i seen that when i started re-playing this game, speaking of the translation are you going to do a manual translation for EX3 befor going back to manual translate
EX 1 and 2 if EX 4 not out yet, and when EX 4 does come out you'll be translation that first befor going back to 1 and 2?

Cradhpez

Reputation score
Hello, I'm here to report a problem I have with the translation patch 3.0. When I run the installer, it crash at the end of the patching and an error message pop-up. It also seems to corrupt the game files. I give the error message in case it could help.
Edit: Nevermind I managed to find a solution. I just had to update windows 10.

Attachments

Last edited:

g0b12

Reputation score
Hello, i have the same problem with the patching, the problem same with the post above me and i am using win 7.
Can someone Help?

Attachments

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
Hello, I'm here to report a problem I have with the translation patch 3.0. When I run the installer, it crash at the end of the patching and an error message pop-up. It also seems to corrupt the game files. I give the error message in case it could help.
Edit: Nevermind I managed to find a solution. I just had to update windows 10.
Hello, i have the same problem with the patching, the problem same with the post above me and i am using win 7.
Can someone Help?
Install .NET Framework 4.8 to solve the issue. Also, there is no need to use an extractor on the game data archive - my code is smart enough to unpack the game for you on its own.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Some people have requested an "old" version of the patch because the new installer won't work on really old OS's, so here it is in the previous format:

Attachments

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Better to just develop for win 7 from the start.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I'm half surprised that no one asked for a Vista compatible patch, someone was saying they were playing SHRIFT on even older machines, lol.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Was being a bit of an anti win10 shit but... your patcher should be able to run on all OSes that shrift can, honestly.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Was being a bit of an anti win10 shit but... your patcher should be able to run on all OSes that shrift can, honestly.
Windows XP and Vista are unsupported because they're too old to handle the modern version of .NET Framework. I could rewrite the patcher on C++ without any issue, but it's hardly worth it.
Windows 7/8/8.1 are fully supported, granted that they're updated to the latest version and has .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
In Windows 10 the above-mentioned .NET comes with one of the updates, so all that's needed is to keep the system updated.

Side note: seems like Shrift 2 will be made on RPGM MV, which requires at least Windows 7 to run (according to Steam page), so Windows XP and Vista users are getting shaved off anyway.

Klyen2000

Reputation score
I got a graphic error by chapter 4-3 where I use the book to walk to the fallen angel, after it tried to flee to the ocean and phinx helps to fly to it.
Do I have to reload the whole game or what did I miss?

Attachments

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I got a graphic error by chapter 4-3 where I use the book to walk to the fallen angel, after it tried to flee to the ocean and phinx helps to fly to it.
Do I have to reload the whole game or what did I miss?
You've lost some files or extracted SHRIFT wrong initially. You'll have to regrab SHRIFT from DLSite and and transfer everything over and try again. This has nothing to do with the translation patch, unfortunately.