What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

Strate

Reputation score
Hey Strate, I've been trying to trigger that event with no luck so I can only look at the files. Could you confirm what happens for me?

As far as I can tell, Hecate shows up, gets into an argument with Meira, then Kazuya shows up. There's a bit where Kazuya shouts in MTL that "I was looking at it in a very visible position!", what's happening in that moment during the event?
Hecate wants Barghest and Lampas back and is arguing with Meira who tells her it's impossible to send them back if they don't want to leave Kazuya's side, Kazuya arrives and is shocked to see Hecate there, who acknowledges his presence for a bit. Meira says she'll fight Hecate off if she won't back down, and Hecate is about to indulge her, but Cushion interrupts, saying if Hecate is going to fight in his domain, it will be against him. Hecate immediately backs off at this implication and takes her exit, leaving Kazuya to wonder just how strong Cushion really is.
This event might only be triggered if you visit Hell's Gate after recruiting Lampas but before finishing Chapter 1? Just my guess.

Oh wait, I misunderstood your question, you were asking about that specific moment during that dialogue. I'm not sure, I'll have to check during a replay.

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Hecate wants Barghest and Lampas back and is arguing with Meira who tells her it's impossible to send them back if they don't want to leave Kazuya's side, Kazuya arrives and is shocked to see Hecate there, who acknowledges his presence for a bit. Meira says she'll fight Hecate off if she won't back down, and Hecate is about to indulge her, but Cushion interrupts, saying if Hecate is going to fight in his domain, it will be against him. Hecate immediately backs off at this implication and takes her exit, leaving Kazuya to wonder just how strong Cushion really is.
This event might only be triggered if you visit Hell's Gate after recruiting Lampas but before finishing Chapter 1? Just my guess.

Oh wait, I misunderstood your question, you were asking about that specific moment during that dialogue. I'm not sure, I'll have to check during a replay.
Thanks, I finally figured out how to trigger it.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Version 2.15 is now out! Here's the changelog:

Changelog:
  • Translated all of Genocide Chapter 2 and 3.
  • Special thanks to Anego, for helping us add a special surprise related to this :3
  • Cleaned up some Chapter 2 and 3 text as we went through them for Genocide, as well.
  • Additionally, translated a lot of special events that happened if you go TM -> Geno, or even Geno -> Geno (2 geno runs in a row) for the first 3 chapters. There's may have been one or two we've missed, but I think we've got them all.
  • Translated a few things in the Post-Game:
    • Fate's Origin has been hand translated.
    • Hyakki's My Room/Compendium, and a few secrets around it have been translated.
  • Added a few friendship printouts to a few My Rooms that were missing them.
  • Fixed a scene we missed in Hell's Gate, and did a general cleanup of some old text there.
  • Minor cleanup and typo fixes.

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

Sitas

Reputation score
Thank you for the translation!

There is just a single part untranslated.
When you talk to the plant girl Lampas in the "my room" area, the second part.
Friendship was 41. At friendship 71 it's translated.

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Are the difficulty settings supposed to be untranslated!? >O<
View attachment 36332
Yo, think you're on an older game version. They base difficulty text all got changed in one of the later versions to be this (I'm running 7.02 right now):

1607209767814.png

You'll need to get the latest version of the game from DLSite in order to have it work properly, as if the developer changes the text, it won't be translated anymore (obviously).

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Thank you for the translation!

There is just a single part untranslated.
When you talk to the plant girl Lampas in the "my room" area, the second part.
Friendship was 41. At friendship 71 it's translated.

This is also the same deal as the previous post:

1607210845114.png

During one of the game versions, the developer typo fixed the line in game. We updated the patch to translate the new version he wrote. You'll need to have the latest version for the patch to apply correctly.

Strate

Reputation score
I've yet to go through Genocide, might end up doing that in a few days, but for now here's what I found after testing around. Some typos and some parts that seem like they should not still be machine translated because of the surrounding lines being translated properly. If they were being left for later instead just ignore those.

Attachments

goopyb00py

Reputation score
I would love if someone could upload some footage of Genocide events because I'm deeply curious about it but I'm not yet willing to go through it myself. Especially since the route isn't entirely translated yet

goopyb00py

Reputation score
Also, just a small thing I noticed on doing NG+ runs, but it seems that only Chapter 4's NG+ events have been left machine translated.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Also, just a small thing I noticed on doing NG+ runs, but it seems that only Chapter 4's NG+ events have been left machine translated.
Cool, I can add it to the to-do list of next patch.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
im at the end of the main story and was wondering befor i finish, are the wedding scenes or what ever there called when you give a girl the ring done? kinda dont want to finish the game yet if there there still machine translated. since i have no idea if you can give the ring to the same girl on ng+.

Haro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for the translation! I'm really looking forward to seeing EX-3 get translated (and EX-4 whenever that comes out)

Kunai200

Reputation score
Hey I recently started playing through chapter 2 and found a big machine translated section still so I wanted to let you know about it in case you didn't know. It's at the cat beggers area when they lock you in the zone till you buy them food. After they curse you if you have 100 affection with iron maiden when you talk to the oni saleswoman it becomes auto translated. because if you have 100 affection iron maiden helps you for free instead of paying the oni merchant. then also after that if you go to iron maidens room a scene happens that is also still auto translated. That's what I found love the translation you are doing great work!

Rubika

Reputation score
I've just finished the game for the first time, and wanted to say you've done an excellent job with translation.

Aside from the section Kunai mentioned above, there's only a few really small things I noticed. I'll list them below in spoilers since it's technically post-game.

Really looking forward to all the EX content, going to wait until they're all finished so I can binge them at once.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
I've just finished the game for the first time, and wanted to say you've done an excellent job with translation.

Aside from the section Kunai mentioned above, there's only a few really small things I noticed. I'll list them below in spoilers since it's technically post-game.

Really looking forward to all the EX content, going to wait until they're all finished so I can binge them at once.

Most of that stuff was introduced in the new 7.12 patch that just came out. We'll be including it in the next translation patch that comes out, we haven't updated our translation since before v7.12. (y)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Welcome to 2021!

1609616617187.png

We're getting closer to the grand, full release of v3.0 of the translation patch!

What version 3.0 means is that the base game will now be fully translated! The list of things that are still left to be translated after this releases are:
  • Side Stories
  • Bystander/Gag mode
  • EX Dungeons and postgame stuff.
Once v3.0 is released, we will be starting first on EX3. If we're able to release the EX3 patch before EX4 comes out, we'll then start on EX2.

Prospective changelog for v3 (and I'm probably going to miss a ton of changes here):
  • Translation Patch is now based on game version 7.12! Alongside this, all the base game additions, such as new items and the Challenge mode, have been translated. (Side Stories will be covered at a later date).
  • Genocide Chapters 4-1, 4-2, and the Final Chapter for Genocide have all been fully translated!
  • Engagement Text has been cleaned up around the board. All My Room Engagement text has been translated, and all Engagement Endings have been translated as well.
  • Cleaned up and fixed a bunch of stuff around a fun easter egg.
  • Cleaned up a bunch of persuasion text (and added all the new persuasion text from v7.12).
  • Fixed a bunch of minor typos and a few missed scenes.

Additionally, with some help from Anego, we've made a new installer for the translation patch which should make patching a lot easier!

newinstaller.png

We're expecting to release v3.0 in 2 or 3 weeks. Can't wait to get this one out to you guys!

Last edited:

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
sweet i was waiting to see if engagement endings were translated befor really finishing the game, on small note you were talking about EX 3 and EX 2 does that mean EX 1 is fully translated?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
sweet i was waiting to see if engagement endings were translated befor really finishing the game, on small note you were talking about EX 3 and EX 2 does that mean EX 1 is fully translated?
EX1 has a rough machine translation, EX2 has a better quality, edited machine translation. I honestly think EX2 is much better then EX1 and ties more into the central plot, so that's why I wanted to do it before EX1.