What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
edit on a very small side note i did see one line of text from lampas that was not translated in her room she starts by saying "hey little human you look like your brimming with energy" the next box of text is
よかったらその元気、私に少しくれない? もちろん、養分として♡
One of Lampas's lines got a typo fixed in it in version 6.5+, causing the translation for it to be out of date. It'll be fixed with the next release.

There's a bug in the translation I think.
If you unlock loss scenes from future enemies while not having unlocked them from past enemies, the future enemies will not show up.

For instance, I did the activation conditions for Haru&Liz's first two loss scenes but they didn't show up in the list until I did mother rabbit.
Haru&Liz's third loss scene is also glitched. It doesn't give you any hints for how to unlock it. It just says it's unlocked. I figured it out, but the other scenes usually have hints, so I think this has to be a glitch.
The place where the "links" between the Loss Scenes and text is updated almost every update due to the dev adding more fan art, links to fan stories and numerous other things. Might have accidently broken a few when I cleaned up the backend last. I'll see if I can clean some stuff up...

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I don't often play translations that aren't 100% but I must say this isn't too shabby Shrifted

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Got a new version of the patch to help tide over the wait for Chapter 4-1 being hand-translated and the EX3 Release, v2.10b!

1590305954574.png

Big changelog here:
  • Patch is now based off of game version 6.51.
  • Machine Translated all of Daiji's Pink Bed. I've hand edited it a ton, so it should be pretty good until we come back for a full hand translation translation later.
  • Cleaned up all the Mementos menus.
  • Fixed a missing Lampas line changed in version 6.5 and up.
  • A lot of minor fixes and improvements everywhere.
  • Fixed NamePop error around spaces (thanks for the help on this, Anego!)
Fixed a bug that had been in the translation for a while with this patch with certain door names in My Room being blank. It turned out this was because of how RPG Maker handles space, and with a bit of backend work they work again:
1590306282734.png 1590306304393.png

Enjoy!

Attachments

Kursor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Applying the latest patch makes the memento disappear from daiji's room. It also cant be used if you already got it. 1590333681996.png

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Applying the latest patch makes the memento disappear from daiji's room. It also cant be used if you already got it.View attachment 31903
Weird... I just tested it a moment ago on a save that I haven't picked it up and had no issues. What game version are you on? You should be able to check your game version by looking at one of the 2 JP text files in the SHRIFT directory, both have the version on the top.

Kursor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Weird... I just tested it a moment ago on a save that I haven't picked it up and had no issues. What game version are you on? You should be able to check your game version by looking at one of the 2 JP text files in the SHRIFT directory, both have the version on the top.
I'm on 6.51. I redownloaded the game today and I can get the pink bed scene and everything with jp text but it disappears after I apply the patch.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Could you throw me your save?

Chaos135

Reputation score
Hey, I may be an idiot, but where can I get the EX parts?

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Hey, I may be an idiot, but where can I get the EX parts?
EX is in the game itself, but it has to be unlocked through a true end. IIRC this requires befriending all enemies (dont kill any), using few if any post-death skill point bonuses, and being on a second playthrough (or maybe reloading chapter 1 or 2 save and buying Haru's special grenade) as that is the only way to keep titanobia (the big snake) and Haru alive. That results in a true end (kinda ends the cycle) and lets you do EXs.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Oh noice. You're working on Shrift. Any issue with Gaijinizer mod?
Anego has fixed one or two minor issues with it, but I still have a minor issue with the NamePop function. I'll throw you a DM.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
how the translation coming along have not played since i finished chapter 3

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
how the translation coming along have not played since i finished chapter 3
The raw translator I'm working with is busy with RL stuff, so I haven't done much work. Honestly, I'm just doing a bit of cleanup on my end to prepare for EX3 to come out so I can do a decent edited machine translation of that. I wouldn't expect any major updates until EX3 comes out, likely.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hello all, a quick friendly update...

1593298418138.png 1593298466363.png

I'm planning a small, brand new update while we're all waiting for EX3 to be released. Here's the major changes planned:

• A fairly heavily edited Machine Translation of Mormo's My Room!
  • Additionally, a good translation of [POSTGAME SPOILERS] the long exposition dump of the true reason why you were brought to Hell's Gate, and the possible endgame for SHRIFT after all the EXs have been completed.
Hope to release this to you guys soon, and once EX3 comes out I'll be working on getting a decent translation of it finished as soon as I'm able to.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The raw translator I'm working with is busy with RL stuff, so I haven't done much work. Honestly, I'm just doing a bit of cleanup on my end to prepare for EX3 to come out so I can do a decent edited machine translation of that. I wouldn't expect any major updates until EX3 comes out, likely.
i see was kinda hoping i would be able to finish chapter 4 befor EX3 came out so i can use my saves rather then a full mercy save i have to play the EX on

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hello all, here's a quick new patch before EX3 is scheduled to come out!

1595104277848.png 1595104660004.png

Changelog:

• Cleaned up a ton of MT/poorly translated text in Chapter 1-1.
  • Translated and typeset almost all of the tutorial pictures.
  • Translated the teaser for the true, final boss.
  • Minor fixes and cleanup.
It looks like EX3 might break a lot of translations with several changes it's making, so my plan is to first fix those in a minor patch in 2 weeks once EX3 releases, then begin work on EX3 proper.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments