What's new

[WIP - Full] [SKUNKS] Magical Girl ★ Riiru

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [SKUNKS] Magical Girl ★ Riiru

thanks for the translation!

"time-consuming hobby" Definitely agree with that, Sometimes i wish i was born japanese soooo many RPG to play and VN to read ^_^
yep, same here!

LackAName

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

and some of the announcement about whether you need to use the arrow keys or enter are wrong.
The biggest issue with this is probably for Rukoruko's attack that uses Cooperation that I completely forget the name of at the moment. It's not a big issue because the only time I ever found the difference in damage made a difference was in the horrible slog that was the Succubus re-fight re-fight (which also happened to be the fight I realized the correct way to do it) but yeah, definitely one of those things that should be fixed and probably wouldn't be as obvious on a quick check of what things need to be fixed.

Also, I will just take this moment to bitch a slight bit more about that fight because I can't be bothered to do it elsewhere. She has far too much fucking health in that fight, dear god, I hated it so much, but I was compelled to properly clear it without resorting to grinding my ass off.

Last edited:
OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"time-consuming hobby" Definitely agree with that, Sometimes i wish i was born japanese soooo many RPG to play and VN to read ^_^

I have Translation Aggregator & Virtual Novel Reader it kind of works but sometimes it gives reallly hilarious translation :D imagine that
You're reading a VN and you are at a really depressed, your childhood friend is dying and suddenly it spits out something that ruins the moment xD Happened to me multiple times. T_T

If i wanted to start translating games. i would start learning how to read japanese completely then start translating. Yes it would take me years but it would be easier in the long run. Aggregator & Google Translate isnt always reliable. Ofc that is only a dream i don't have the time to learn it. :'(
Yeah, sadly few people have that amount of time, I'll have to stop myself soon enough, job and all that. I also wish I were born in Japan, in that case I'd just have to learn English and I'd know everything worth-while. Yeah, so many great games/manga etc. I'd love to read, but can't. T.T

Hehe, you wouldn't believe the kind of stuff I'm often getting. I have to check some sentences twice or thrice with various translation tools and experiment with the structure of the sentence to get something sensible out of it. If all else fails I have to just make an educated guess, based on the prior and the next sentence. Far from perfect, translations like that. :D But it's been getting better, in their early days these tools were far less reliable.

Well, I figured that's better than everyone sitting around completely without a translation. :) I'm pretty sure I won't ever learn Japanese and the stuff I really want translated is stuff that's very unlikely to get translated. My 'translations', if you can call them that, aren't on par with what a good translator that knows the language could produce, but it's still preferable to having none, I believe. Besides, by the off chance that someone picks it up, more power to them. They can still make a better translation, so having one that kinda sucks at times doesn't hurt, I think.

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, sadly few people have that amount of time, I'll have to stop myself soon enough, job and all that. I also wish I were born in Japan, in that case I'd just have to learn English and I'd know everything worth-while. Yeah, so many great games/manga etc. I'd love to read, but can't. T.T

Hehe, you wouldn't believe the kind of stuff I'm often getting. I have to check some sentences twice or thrice with various translation tools and experiment with the structure of the sentence to get something sensible out of it. If all else fails I have to just make an educated guess, based on the prior and the next sentence. Far from perfect, translations like that. :D But it's been getting better, in their early days these tools were far less reliable.

Well, I figured that's better than everyone sitting around completely without a translation. :) I'm pretty sure I won't ever learn Japanese and the stuff I really want translated is stuff that's very unlikely to get translated. My 'translations', if you can call them that, aren't on par with what a good translator that knows the language could produce, but it's still preferable to having none, I believe. Besides, by the off chance that someone picks it up, more power to them. They can still make a better translation, so having one that kinda sucks at times doesn't hurt, I think.
I rather have a translation that "sucks" as you said than not having anything at all, So i appreciate that you take your time translating in the first place :>

I can't read japanese but i can read English, doesn't matter how much it "Sucks" :D

Maybe i will win the lottery someday and i will hire alot of translators that will translate all my favorite VN's ^_^

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The biggest issue with this is probably for Rukoruko's attack that uses Cooperation that I completely forget the name of at the moment. It's not a big issue because the only time I ever found the difference in damage made a difference was in the horrible slog that was the Succubus re-fight re-fight (which also happened to be the fight I realized the correct way to do it) but yeah, definitely one of those things that should be fixed and probably wouldn't be as obvious on a quick check of what things need to be fixed.

Also, I will just take this moment to bitch a slight bit more about that fight because I can't be bothered to do it elsewhere. She has far too much fucking health in that fight, dear god, I hated it so much, but I was compelled to properly clear it without resorting to grinding my ass off.
Yeah, I noticed that as well when I first played after translating. Rukoruko's Cooperation attack won't ever reach the perfect zone, from what I can tell, but it's still a fair amount of damage and Rukoruko can easily build cooperation (Starshot, Renki and Tail Guard, if successful). It's used by rapidly clicking the arrow keys, sorry 'bout that. Hm, I think the fight was pretty easy. I'd recommend the 'Demonic spell book' on Ryiru (the healing isn't that great, but it accumulates and helps Ryiru to build up some cooperation) and the 'Book of concealed fire' on Yae (100% reliable with Starshot and accumulates good amounts of damage, can also trigger a thunder attack additionally). Just spam Starshot, Yae and Rukoruko will get cooperation like candy, Ryiru sometimes as well. If you do that the succubus isn't really a problem. Preferably use the rank II books, but those require a bit of farming. Yae's 'Mark of Enchantment' and Ryiru's 'Power-up' also help, I'd always try to have them active. Save your cooperation techniques for when she attempts to use her healing spell. If you do all that the fight will be over pretty fast, especially if you dump your points into attack stats.

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I rather have a translation that "sucks" as you said than not having anything at all, So i appreciate that you take your time translating in the first place :>

I can't read japanese but i can read English, doesn't matter how much it "Sucks" :D

Maybe i will win the lottery someday and i will hire alot of translators that will translate all my favorite VN's ^_^
Hehe, I'd have made a sucky translation regardless, but I'm glad about all the praise. Also, at this point, special thanks to Rukoruko for convincing me that this game was worth the effort. Picked it up, saw Rukoruko and her adorableness made my decision for me. :D

Exactly my thought process when I started doing this. The English doesn't suck too much, since I usually pay attention to spelling/grammar, but I can't tell if it's accurate. I did it to the best of my knowledge. And I actually learned a fair bit about Japanese through recurring characters and words while doing it, the more you know. :)

Damn, that's be very nice. Wish I'd win some lotteries as well, if I did I could have everything translated! Until then I'll just do my best, for the greater good. Praise the YURI! XD

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hehe, I'd have made a sucky translation regardless, but I'm glad about all the praise. Also, at this point, special thanks to Rukoruko for convincing me that this game was worth the effort. Picked it up, saw Rukoruko and her adorableness made my decision for me. :D

Exactly my thought process when I started doing this. The English doesn't suck too much, since I usually pay attention to spelling/grammar, but I can't tell if it's accurate. I did it to the best of my knowledge. And I actually learned a fair bit about Japanese through recurring characters and words while doing it, the more you know. :)

Damn, that's be very nice. Wish I'd win some lotteries as well, if I did I could have everything translated! Until then I'll just do my best, for the greater good. Praise the YURI! XD
Let me thank Rukoruko also then ^_^
Maybe translating VN's is the new way of learning Japanese?! :O
Should i give it a try? :X hehe

if i had the option to get one VN instantly Translated, it would be
Primal x Hearts o_o .. I reallllllllly wish it was.. Going to shred tears again today T_T My wish is never going to come true :<

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Let me thank Rukoruko also then ^_^
Maybe translating VN's is the new way of learning Japanese?! :O
Should i give it a try? :X hehe

if i had the option to get one VN instantly Translated, it would be
Primal x Hearts o_o .. I reallllllllly wish it was.. Going to shred tears again today T_T My wish is never going to come true :<
Yeah, let's all thank her! :D
It definitely helps, just looking at the characters for a while will help a lot. After a while you can pick out certain combinations of characters without even thinking twice about it, you learn a bunch of words that way. Sure, go ahead. But don't expect it to work right away, I spend a lot of hours translating this and Card Quest 2 before I noticed it myself.

Heh, contains no yuri, so I fear it's instantly off my radar. ;^^ The length also makes it a rather intimidating task, if VNDB is anything to go by. But you never know, maybe one day. Good luck. :)

Shadowlyger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How exactly do you do the combination attacks described in the bookshelf furthest to the right?

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How exactly do you do the combination attacks described in the bookshelf furthest to the right?
When you're in a fight you have three options at the beginning of your turn. Fight, Escape and a third option in Japanese. Sorry, I must've overlooked that one. Anyways, that's where the combination attacks are located. You need to have a certain amount of TP and MP to use them, if you don't have sufficient points the third option will be greyed out, just like Escape. You have to have unlocked all of the required skills that are listed in the bookshelf, otherwise you can't use these techniques. I'm not sure if you have to have the books you can create at the blue orb equipped, but they definitely help those techniques.

Rainbow Arch is one that I'd always recommend using since you gain ~7 TP at the end of each turn for as long as the effect lasts (there's a small icon next to the name of your character, showing buffs etc.). God's breath is really useful against Rukoruko or Alraune, Peal of Thunder and Chain Flame are more situational, but they also deal fair damage. Area Healing is plain godly, especially around the end of the game.

The only "downsides" of combination techniques are that both characters must have sufficient points and neither can be stunned. Other than that, abuse the hell out of it if you want to have an easy time.

Anyways, small update. I've been pretty busy with work and my computer died, taking all of the data with it, including a fair amount of work on the translation I did. For now I'm getting back to where I was, that shouldn't take too much time. No promises, but I'll try to finish it soon.

Shadowlyger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In retrospect, perhaps I should have actually checked to see what that third option was earlier. I'd been assuming it was a surrender button. Derp.

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In retrospect, perhaps I should have actually checked to see what that third option was earlier. I'd been assuming it was a surrender button. Derp.
Heh, more of an oversight on my part, I'll try to fix it in the next update. :D

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just a quick question. If anyone knows a thing or two 'bout RPG-Maker VXAce, how can I refer to a certain event? The thing is, game over events in the memory room don't simply refer to the event of the 'if lose' conditional branch of a fight. The text is identical, I already looked that up, but if there's no way around that I'd have to copy-paste every single main story game over event, that's 14 or 15 events I'd have to do that for. The bonus scenes in the free battle room are the same and I'd really rather save myself some time. Any ideas about how to do that?

Scherzo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just a quick question. If anyone knows a thing or two 'bout RPG-Maker VXAce, how can I refer to a certain event? The thing is, game over events in the memory room don't simply refer to the event of the 'if lose' conditional branch of a fight. The text is identical, I already looked that up, but if there's no way around that I'd have to copy-paste every single main story game over event, that's 14 or 15 events I'd have to do that for. The bonus scenes in the free battle room are the same and I'd really rather save myself some time. Any ideas about how to do that?
I'd have to take a peek at the actual game in the editor to be sure, but if it's coded in the way I think it is, then yeah, you have to copy-paste everything.

It sounds to me like the game's actual creator copied the event itself in two places as two separate identical events, rather than made a common event and referenced it in two places. You might be able to copy the entire block of text and events instead of each individual line though.

Actually calling an event from another map without using common events requires a script, and it's probably best for you to avoid adding or modifying the actual game scripts and content if you can help it.

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd have to take a peek at the actual game in the editor to be sure, but if it's coded in the way I think it is, then yeah, you have to copy-paste everything.

It sounds to me like the game's actual creator copied the event itself in two places as two separate identical events, rather than made a common event and referenced it in two places. You might be able to copy the entire block of text and events instead of each individual line though.

Actually calling an event from another map without using common events requires a script, and it's probably best for you to avoid adding or modifying the actual game scripts and content if you can help it.
Heh, as I feared. Oh well, a couple hours of copy-pasting ahead of me, I guess. Really wish the creator would've found a better solution, but I'm not expert on RPG Maker, so I can't really judge. I'll stay clear of editing any scripts, god knows what I'd mess up by even attempting. :D Still, thank you very much.

lll123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hallo Danielwain :>
Just wanted to report a error.
When i open the menu and press "Status" The Game Crashes.

"Script Line 117: NameError Occurred
Unititalized Constant Scene_Menu:Scene_Status."

And Thanks for your work on this project :>
Unsure if this problem has been fixed by this point, but the reason for the error is because Scene_Item and Scene_Status are the wrong scripts. For example, Scene_Item is a duplicate of Scene_Skill.

Anyway, to fix it just copy/paste the Scene_Item/Scene_Status scripts from a new project over the incorrect ones.

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Unsure if this problem has been fixed by this point, but the reason for the error is because Scene_Item and Scene_Status are the wrong scripts. For example, Scene_Item is a duplicate of Scene_Skill.

Anyway, to fix it just copy/paste the Scene_Item/Scene_Status scripts from a new project over the incorrect ones.
Thanks a bunch! I just did that and it works. :D

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks a bunch! I just did that and it works. :D
Is there a way to fix it on the user side?

Or maybe we could get a quick re-up with the fix (Or even just the file in question)

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've just uploaded it again, you can find the download link on the first post of the first page. I'll post any future updates there from now on so that we won't have different versions of the game all over the place and no one knows which one is the right one. I'll just post a new reply whenever I update the first page. For future references, I will refer to this as patch 1.1. I won't be keeping older versions, since everything works, by the looks of it.

Two of the free battle game over events are fully translated now. Also fixed the item/status screens. Not that you need those screens for anything, but I'm still happy that the game doesn't crash anymore. Not too much of an update, but at least it's something, I guess.

Oh, and if you want certain scenarios translated sooner I can work on those right away instead of doing it in the chronological order.

Last edited:

Scherzo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh, and if you want certain scenarios translated sooner I can work on those right away instead of doing it in the chronological order.
Well, if it were going by which scenes I'm generally more interested in seeing translated, going in reverse chronological order would actually cover it, honestly.

The last few scenes are sometimes nearly entirely new scenarios so seeing what the deal is would be interesting, while the first few scenes seem pretty much the same as Riiru's so guessing what's going on is more straightforward. Ultimately up to you though. If you just wanted people to pick ONE, I'm kinda curious about the corruption one where Yae becomes Rukuruko's minion.