What's new

[Complete - Full] SNEAK IN DESPERADA - ankoku marimokan [RJ162307]

OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
Small update : upon fixing the maps, the instant strip "feature" came back. So I had to start fresh again (well, copy paste a bunch, but yeah). So I did, and for no reason that I can find, the names of the MCs didn't change, and were just boxes, despite me clearly changing them. So I'm restarting again. Unfortunately, doing this does cut into actually progressing, but I can't NOT do it, you know? Either way, I made a copy that is mostly just a partial, so in case this happens again (knowing my luck, it will) then it won't be nearly as bad. Thanks for listening (reading? You get what I mean)

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Character names are bound to the savegame. Also start your RPG VX Editor with japanese locals to avoid font problems (I notice that too in your last version) or use the RPG Maker Trans tool.

You also can try to include this font script to fix all font problems:

#==============================================================================
# Script that changes the default font settings.

Font.default_size = 17 # Default - 20
Font.default_name = ["UmePlus Gothic"] # Font names are used in order. If the first is not available, the second will be used, etc..
Font.default_bold = TRUE # Default - FALSE
Font.default_italic = FALSE # Default - FALSE
Font.default_shadow = TRUE # Default - TRUE

OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
Character names are bound to the savegame. Also start your RPG VX Editor with japanese locals to avoid font problems (I notice that too in your last version) or use the RPG Maker Trans tool.

You also can try to include this font script to fix all font problems:

# Script that changes the default font settings.

Font.default_size = 17 # Default - 20
Font.default_name = ["UmePlus Gothic"] # Font names are used in order. If the first is not available, the second will be used, etc..
Font.default_bold = TRUE # Default - FALSE
Font.default_italic = FALSE # Default - FALSE
Font.default_shadow = TRUE # Default - TRUE
Mind showing me an example of the font issue? I'm not doubting you, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you, by chance, referring to the squares?

Last edited:

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Mind showing me an example of the font issue? I'm not doubting you, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are, by chance, referring to the squares?
Yep some of the fonts in your translated version sometimes show up as squares.

OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey people, so got a rather important update here. So I asked Marimo if I could get his permission to continue with the project. He said no.

SNEAK IN DESPERADA の翻訳版を制作しているとの事ですが、
海賊版でも翻訳版でも当サークル以外が配布する事は禁止しています。
ゲームデータを譲渡頂けるならこちらで海外サイトのデータを差し替える事は出来ます。
尚SNEAK IN DESPERADA の作業環境は既に喪失しているので
翻訳テキストのみの場合はこちらでは作業出来ません。

This is the message he sent. From what I understand from it, basically I'm not allowed to distribute the files for the translation, nor am I allowed to continue on with the translation. There is some stuff in the middle that reads "If you can transfer the game data, you can exchange the data of the overseas site here." Something like that (not 100% on what that means). But yeah, kinda at a loss here of what to do.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I am no expert on piecing things together from google translate, but it seemed to me like he said he no longer has the project files from making the game, and if you sent him yours he could submit it to dlsite or whatever. But i could be totally off.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
The circle ofc wouldn't allow you to "share" their files by yourself. There exist some kind of copyright in japan as far as I'm aware ;). But from the message I can assume that the cricle at least consider using your translation as an update for their SND release on the english dlsite if you are willing to send them your translated files. I would suggest that you clarify to them that you don't want to distribute the translation yourself and just want to contribute something as a humble fan.

TL,DR:
Don't distribute their code by yourself (aka pirate their stuff).
Send them your translation and they might use it as an translation update on the english dlsite.
Beg for forgiveness.

Last edited:
OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
The circle ofc wouldn't allow you to "share" their files by yourself. There exist some kind of copyright in japan as far as I'm aware ;). But from the message I can assume that the cricle at least consider using your translation as an update for their SND release on the english dlsite if you are willing to send them your translated files. I would suggest that you clarify to them that you don't want to distribute the translation yourself and just want to contribute something as a humble fan.

TL,DR:
Don't distribute their code by yourself (aka pirate their stuff).
Send them your translation and they might use it as an translation update on the english dlsite.
Beg for forgiveness.
I think he may have misunderstood what I meant (as in I am only giving out the files related to the translation, not the entire game). Though I'll definitely see if he's cool with doing all that. Last thing I'd want is to annoy him and be on his bad side and all that.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Tell him you're making a patch, not a full version of the game.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
D
I think he may have misunderstood what I meant (as in I am only giving out the files related to the translation, not the entire game). Though I'll definitely see if he's cool with doing all that. Last thing I'd want is to annoy him and be on his bad side and all that.
Please be aware that the Japanese Devs KNOW what we do here in this hidden corner of the internet. But in general most of them turn a blind eye on our rather illegal activities. You should also be aware that EVERY part that contains original material of the circle is rightfully theirs. In that regard even if you only share the data folder with us it's already a act of piracy in their eyes.

So in the future please don't show your appreciation for a Dev by asking them whether you can modify stolen parts of their work and distribute it for free on the internet. Because of complicated copyright reasons they are forced to say that you aren't allowed to do that, otherwise they might lose their copyright in certain situations.

You can't show your admiration by stealing from the one you admire. Unless you are a kleptomaniac ;).

Last edited:
OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
Holy shit, I told him that I'll send him my work for him to post as an english version and he said YES! Fucking hell I'm so ecstatic right now! He also wished me good luck on my translation!
We're back in business people

OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
D

Please be aware that the Japanese Devs KNOW what we do here in this hidden corner of the internet. But in general most of them turn a blind eye on our rather illegal activities. You should also be aware that EVERY part that contains original material of the circle is rightfully theirs. In that regard even if you only share the data folder with us it's already a act of piracy in their eyes.

So in the future please don't show your appreciation for a Dev by asking them whether you can modify stolen parts of their work and distribute it for free on the internet. Because of complicated copyright reasons they are forced to say that you aren't allowed to do that, otherwise they might lose their copyright in certain situations.

You can't show your admiration by stealing from the one you admire. Unless you are a kleptomaniac ;).
It's not so much that I thought they don't know, I just figured that they wouldn't mind a fan making the game easier to play / understand for people on the other side of the world. Though I totally get the stigma of why they wouldn't be so keen on that. I don't know, I just thought it would be cool to get Marimo's approval for it and all that.

potatogod

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Holy shit, I told him that I'll send him my work for him to post as an english version and he said YES! Fucking hell I'm so ecstatic right now! He also wished me good luck on my translation!
Glad to know. Keep doing God's work.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Are You still gonna post it here?

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Honestly? I'm still trying to figure that bit out. I mean, at this point I'm kinda working for Marimo in a way. I'll have to give some good thought to that as unbiased as possible
All I can say is that I hope this eventually leads his other games eventually getting translated, if Marimo understands that there's an audience for them.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score

Honestly? I'm still trying to figure that bit out. I mean, at this point I'm kinda working for Marimo in a way. I'll have to give some good thought to that as unbiased as possible
That's really good news. I suggest that you wait for Marimo to release the "official" translated release (made by you). You would kinda betray his trust if you release a separated translation here.

Don't worry, one way or the other the official translated version will find it's way here anyway... ;)

OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
That's really good news. I suggest that you wait for Marimo to release the "official" translated release (made by you). You would kinda betray his trust if you release a separated translation here.

Don't worry, one way or the other the official translated version will find it's way here anyway... ;)
That's what I came too as well, last thing I'd want is to betray his trust and confirm a bias some devs have that Westerners can't be trusted.

So yeah, sorry people, looks like I'm not going to be able to post the final version. Though I would assume that it will eventually show up on the usual places. Though I would still say buy the game normally if you are able.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That's what I came too as well, last thing I'd want is to betray his trust and confirm a bias some devs have that Westerners can't be trusted.

So yeah, sorry people, looks like I'm not going to be able to post the final version. Though I would assume that it will eventually show up on the usual places. Though I would still say buy the game normally if you are able.
I definitely agree with waiting for it to be officially released before doing anything. However you may want to get a few bug testers, as i mentioned i think that i had encountered on earlier before the first boss and not being able to go back and rescue the girls. I can do it if i don't lose before going the the boss floor, but not to a tentacle. Not sure if this was present in the base version or not. And also several places where there is font issues, that make it appear as squares. Either way, I wish you good fortune going forward.

OP
No_good_56'er

No_good_56'er

Lurker
Reputation score
I definitely agree with waiting for it to be officially released before doing anything. However you may want to get a few bug testers, as i mentioned i think that i had encountered on earlier before the first boss and not being able to go back and rescue the girls. I can do it if i don't lose before going the the boss floor, but not to a tentacle. Not sure if this was present in the base version or not. And also several places where there is font issues, that make it appear as squares. Either way, I wish you good fortune going forward.
Yeah the font thing is already fixed (thanks T4ke) and at the very least I'll be putting an update for that, feel it's only fair I post that much.