What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi, I have a huge problem, i need to have full bar of EP to get the boss fight with Mochizuki-sensei (nurse), but i have the skill "Breath Control" who lowers the EP bar after defeat a succubus.

How can i disable it or how can i edit those numbers? i dont want to start since the beginning. :(
The swimming pool area has pink puddles that raise your EP when you step on them

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Can anyone give me tips to deal with notorious succubi Succubus-chan in hard mode? i dont why suddenly change to boredom
Havent done that fight specifically but its possible that she gets bored if you fight in a certain stance or if you don't do something specific before an ability goes off.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Honestly I beat her and had zero idea how her mechanic works either. Most of the time it's a fake-out anyway. Maybe just do damage immediately after she threatens to get bored, similar to the other notorious Alma Elma.

SNStep

Reputation score
With Succubus-chan, the trick is that when she goes "Merciless", the success chance for whatever Mood-improving actions you take drops by like 80%, and if you fail, it's guaranteed that she'll get Bored. (You can see the likelihood of success for your actions when you pick them.) However, as long as she doesn't get Bored, Merciless only lasts one turn. So when she threatens you, you want to act in some way that is guaranteed to succeed. Use Focus to guarantee a hit, or use an item, or a turn-using buff like Arcana. You can also use Calm Down to break your stance and then re-apply it (or change it) as entering a stance always works.

It gets a little trickier because later she'll hit you with Berserk and then go Merciless and you'll be stuck, but if you haven't used up all your pills for the encounter, you should still be able to go to your items and pick to use a Black Pill to heal yourself, which will break her Merciless too. And it gets harder if she does get Bored because she'll maintain Merciless at that point and you'll have to succeed two-three times in a row to get back to normal. Hope you have the endgame version of Focus, or the like.

redscizor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Hi, Can I play with female MC or only male?
There is mod support, where is a wiki or web about mod projects like Succubus Rhapsodia?
Hi again, I was checking by the EN version, Is there a mod or something where I can play with female MC?

SNStep

Reputation score
Hi again, I was checking by the EN version, Is there a mod or something where I can play with female MC?
Not really. Closest you could come to that probably would be to use the latest version to make a mod that referred to the protagonist as such. But there aren't any such mods already, and nothing that can change the protagonist's appearance outside of battle.

tt149

Reputation score
Hi SNStep, I was just wondering if you are planning to translate some of the fan-made mods? I don't mean to be demanding, I was just curious.

SNStep

Reputation score
Hi SNStep, I was just wondering if you are planning to translate some of the fan-made mods? I don't mean to be demanding, I was just curious.
It's something I've considered; I haven't felt too committed towards doing or not doing them right now, but I've looked into a couple (and then just ended up not finishing them... >_> ) already, and if there's one or more that you or others are interested in, I could pretty easily be persuaded to start (or finish...) when I have some free time. Did you have any in mind?

SNStep

Reputation score
Yeah, . And thanks for all your hard work on this game (y)
You picked a heck of a request! I've been really busy this past week but have started on doing an English version. I'm...mayyyyybe halfway (maybe a little less)? A few fun facts:

-The Mermaid mod is EIGHT times the size of the basic Mermaid encounter, meaning it's also nearly QUADRUPLE that of even the game's true final boss (which is the biggest encounter in the base game's code). A lot of that is coding that doesn't need translating, but still, there's a lot.
-It includes several gameplay elements that are "possible" in the base game but not actually used in it. This includes two status effects and one unique skill. It also creates a small inconsistency in the translated content related to said status effects (something when working with SQDT, we decided "eh, no point in bothering with, since it's not in the game", more or less). My perfectionist self is very strongly considering including some of the base files with a couple very small revisions alongside the mod, to at least partially fix this.
-There's one short segment that involves some puns/wordplay that I continue to rack my brain to come up with a good method for conveying.

This week's less busy than last, so maybe I'll have it ready before too much longer.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
i played this game sometime ago with and eng translation befor but since there a real eng ver now i want to know if i can redownload my jap copy of the game and patch it into English?

SNStep

Reputation score
I'm so sorry 😅
It's actually been a fun challenge! Just a lot of work. I have a lot of respect for how much more effort, even, Rybecia must've put into it to make it work.

i played this game sometime ago with and eng translation befor but since there a real eng ver now i want to know if i can redownload my jap copy of the game and patch it into English?
Convenient as that would be, unfortunately, the official English version has to be purchased separately, for a variety of reasons. FWIW, on DLSite it's currently 30% off (in addition to any coupons you may have), though only for a few more hours.

SNStep

Reputation score
Just another update on the Mermaid mod: I'm getting very close (there's a little dialogue left, and one really inconvenient bit of wordplay that I'm still determined to "adapt"!). It's just really long and I've been very busy! I've also left a message for Rybecia as they are active on the SQDT Discord, just to be sure they wouldn't like to first suggest any critiques or the like before I finalize it. But all goes well, it'll be done very soon.

Last edited:

SNStep

Reputation score
I heard someone likes mermaids.
Someone better like mermaids. 😅

"Mermaid Deep Dive" English translation version 1.0
Translation of the mod by Rybecia (Twitter: @Rybecia)

To install:
-Copy the contents of the www folder into the game directory folder of the same name. Overwrite as needed.

This mod will add several new events to the basic Mermaid encounter. Please bear in mind that it will conflict with any other mods that interact with the same encounter. It's recommended you check what you have installed and back up your files, just in case.

Additionally, this mod takes advantage of certain status-effect-related content that existed in the game's code from the beginning, but that wasn't implemented. Because of this, there was a minor conflict in the English translation that emerged when using the mod, regarding status effect names. To remedy this, the English translation mod also includes a new version of a base game file that changes a couple of names to maintain consistency. This changes only some names; nothing about the gameplay itself affected.

Content added (courtesy of Rybecia):
-Numerous conversation and dialogue points were added and/or changed.
-Insert event added. The img folder additionally contains graphic updates that interact with this.
-An increased number of status effects and debuffs will appear during the encounter.
-Special attacks may change depending on present status effects.
-New mid-encounter conversations were also added.
-Catching the mermaid's interest may add even more special events.

English translation change:
-"Rapture" status effect name changed to "Hypersensitive".
-"Entranced" status effect name changed to "Enraptured".

Attachments

RedTiger

Reputation score
I had some issues running that. Once I moved the two new files in the image folder into the img/pictures folder, that started working for me.

SNStep

Reputation score
I had some issues running that. Once I moved the two new files in the image folder into the img/pictures folder, that started working for me.
*Insertstringofannoyedexpletiveshere*
Thanks for catching that. I updated the attached file to have the right folder structure.