What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

CMRcc

Reputation score
No idea whats going on with my translated mirror world area. It was working fine and the entirety of it was translated. But since I updated the game, it just stays in Japanese, even though the files for the mirror world are all translated according to Translator++. Maybe I need a new save file? No idea...
If you overwrote the translated files with the patch, i don't think Translator++ would notice this. I am not entirely sure, but i don't think it checks the translated files at all. It probably just keeps a database of all the line to translate and the various level of translation, and than applies it to the raw file when requested, creating a new translated version.

Also after the patch, some line numbers and expression will have been changed. I would suggest to start from a clean RAW, apply the patch and then use translator++ on that folder to be sure you get the desired results

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
No idea whats going on with my translated mirror world area. It was working fine and the entirety of it was translated. But since I updated the game, it just stays in Japanese, even though the files for the mirror world are all translated according to Translator++. Maybe I need a new save file? No idea...
The updates replace the map files that the translations are stored in. They'll need to be retranslated from scratch.

lastunlock

Reputation score
How do you fill up the blue chests at the end of an area? I thought I read something about it in my first playthrough, but it's not in the manual in the pause menu.

SNStep

Reputation score
How do you fill up the blue chests at the end of an area? I thought I read something about it in my first playthrough, but it's not in the manual in the pause menu.
I forget where it's mentioned, but you need to avoid every "trap" encounter (except for some of the mandatory "tutorial" ones) in an area or the chest will be empty. So for example, in the first area, there are two chests, one for the Pixies and one for the Dryads. To get the Pixies one, you need to never (never!) get caught by the little insects that float near them, and for the Dryads one, you can get caught by the very first one (since it's unavoidable), but have to use the barrels and such to block all the rest.

If you miss a blue chest, it's permanently missed until you restart (either due to game over or getting the bad end). However, the enemy associated with the chest also has a small chance to drop the item if you "defeat" them (so if you got caught by insects, just grind Pixie encounters until you get a piece of equipment; it'll be the same one that would've been in the blue chest).

Voxx

Reputation score
Any information on when the next couple areas are going to be translated ? I've been trying to hold off on going any farther till the next English patch is released lol

SNStep

Reputation score
Any information on when the next couple areas are going to be translated ? I've been trying to hold off on going any farther till the next English patch is released lol
As mentioned when I put up the last one, this week has been very busy for me at work so I haven't had as much time to work on it. As a quick progress update, as of this morning, I've got the Mnemosyne encounter done, all of the Mirror World stuff (most of which was done over the weekend), and almost all of the field content for the Haunted Lab, but none of the encounters there. I'm trying to get the Lab stuff done before I do another release version, but since I still have a couple more days of nose-to-the-grindstone, that's likely going to be into next week.

As another note on progress, I'd been going over my notes and spotted that the Notorious are required for the game's true ending, which I'd forgotten, so I'm probably going to go back and work on those sooner than expected. If time is good to me once I get through this heavy work week, I may even try to have one for the next release as a bonus, and I'd be happy to take requests, as it were, if people have one they'd like to see done first.

MahMan1912

Reputation score
As another note on progress, I'd been going over my notes and spotted that the Notorious are required for the game's true ending, which I'd forgotten, so I'm probably going to go back and work on those sooner than expected. If time is good to me once I get through this heavy work week, I may even try to have one for the next release as a bonus, and I'd be happy to take requests, as it were, if people have one they'd like to see done first.
If that's the case then I'd like to request Elfriede, the one that kind off looks like an elf, since she is in the first area and will probably be the first notorious a player will encounter (And not at all because she's my favorite).

Civilincubus

Reputation score
I read the posts in pages 4 and 5, but am struggling to hook it. Anyone figure out a good way to hook the text? Is there a certain order folks are using to get the non-translated portions of the game translated?

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Dev decided to quit his day job and make games full time since he legit just made roughly $219493

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
This is probably the highest production value reverse rape game I can't say I really like.

Presentation:
This is by far the best aspect of this game.
No other game even comes close. From the way battles transition to how the menu is presented in its pseudo 3D.
This game is extremely stylish and there is absolutely no competition in that regard among any other adult game.

Gameplay:
The gameplay's unique. It's overall a very different experience from most other games. The flow of combat is to satisfy the enemy. Using such a nebulous win condition it allows for a considerable amount of foreplay or sex. It doesn't matter what kind of scene it is since the win condition is so nebulous. I'm on board with it though since this win condition allows for the game to be structured the way it is.

The combat's interesting, as it allows you to spec into different combat options.

The game might be an RPG but it keeps a tight handle on the characters stats. Not much you can do to get better stats, and everything you can do is strongly accounted for. This allows them to have good game balance and I've got mad respect for that.

I don't fully understand why boredom as a mechanic was added though. Missing attacks is based on RNG, so the enemy getting bored is just RNG, but boredom is EXTREMELY significant in combat. Why tie a crucial mechanic that not only changes the characters visuals as they have different expressions to something that's 100% RNG. It makes no sense.

The game shouldn't be tagged "no reverse" on DLsite. There are around 4 or 5 missionary poses, and if you take the middle route you get male dominant actions. Just like how ROBF doesn't have no reverse I think this game was mistagged. I wish users could help with tagging on that site... It's missing a few that would help it gain traction.

Story:
If this didn't exist I might have actually liked the game more, but the setting, and narrative of the game leave such a sour taste in my mouth and I kinda regret the purchase.

Wow... I hated every heroine. Without exception. Put them in any harem VN and no one would choose them. They're really that bad.
Their personalities are all just awful, and they're all super sluts fucking random people left and right.
Normally I'd totally be OK with this, but the story tries to play at romance with these girls for some reason? Why? Just make them irreconcilable enemies because that's what they are. The reason the girls have special transformations based on the guy they fight is because of that. They have special lines if they fight their "romantic" partner, but at the end of the day they'll just kill him and move on to fuck other random guys.

Since you control multiple male characters there's no emotional attachment that can be formed. Each guy disappears so quick because they have 1 boss and they're done. They tried to do a harem scene at the end, but because you know they all have a "designated partner" and you know there's only lust and the intent to kill behind it, it honestly falls really flat. That's why the harem scene is done on a random blank slate type character who constantly says "who am I?"

Not only that but the femdom goes into straight up bullying territory multiple times, which isn't my jam.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
From my prospective its perfect, i love the idea that your only use to her is as food it hyper accelerates her motivation for raping you. There doesn't need to be a real main character because the main character is you and you are living in this fantasy world where you are doomed to be a succubus' treat.

This is a really unique and serious concept that breaks the mold of the ditzy, girlfriend type succubus that we so often see.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
ditzy, girlfriend type succubus that we so often see.
Hmmm... in my experience most succubi are like this in eroge though? Especially if they have a plot.
Outside of VNs like "Ditzy Demons Fall in Love With Me" but like actual h-games most succubi are like this.

Off the top of my head:
There's the escape room game where you try to escape from a house with 3 succubus inside and those succubi are the same.
There's all the succubi from MGQ which are the same.
There's the succubus series of games from LibraHeart. I believe it's like 8 entire titles where all the succubi are like this if not worse.
There's the succubus characters in Poring's Devil Legion.

Heck even SQDT's previous works which are all succubus focus doesn't forget to drill in to your head that the dream demons are out to kill you.

hyper accelerates her motivation for raping you.
I've got no problem with this btw. Just wish they wouldn't be wishy washy with the idea and also try to redeem their personality or even attempt to give them any hint at a romantic partner.
If they're stone cold bully killers like you see when they kill other guys just let them be stone-cold bully killers. I was honestly angry seeing them kill innocent men in the story, and while I wouldn't mind if the story went in the direction, to free everyone else you need her to focus on you they actually went into trying to make these girls appealing as people? Nah that's nasty.

It's like that escape room game where you try to escape from a house with 3 succubi inside it. (name escapes me.) The girls in that game are giga sluts, but they're literally never portrayed with even a hint of sincerity or positivity. You're supposed to hate them. They're not heroines, they're the enemy.

There doesn't need to be a real main character because the main character is you and you are living in this fantasy world where you are doomed to be a succubus' treat.
Kinda cheapens the characters in the story if you want them to be both important and not at the same time. Are they the reason for the succubi transformations or not? Do they have emotional attachments to certain characters because of their history with them or not?
Can't have it both ways in my opinion. If "you" were the MC then the characters you're controlling would just be avatars but they aren't. I know that's what they were going for at the end of the day, especially when swimmer girl gets defeated and appears in front of you on screen, but it's not consistent enough to actually feel that way while playing the game.

Last edited:

Wakozi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think the hitrate and the boredom status are actually a good thing. The logical way, would be to equip items that increase your luck (hit rate), so that you don't miss anymore. For example, using the fairies ring + the key that increases luck, will result in 100% hit rate. It's like WoW back in the days, where you had hit rate as well. In order to effectively play dungeons and raids, you had to get gear with hit rate so you no longer miss any spells.

Of course, you can also just go for a pure dps build, which will allow you to burn down a lot of enemies way faster, but the drawback is that you sometimes end up with the bored status. If you want to explain this with ingame lore, you could say that she gets bored by you trying to end too quickly. Thus, she no longer gets satisfied.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I think the hitrate and the boredom status are actually a good thing. The logical way, would be to equip items that increase your luck (hit rate), so that you don't miss anymore. For example, using the fairies ring + the key that increases luck, will result in 100% hit rate. It's like WoW back in the days, where you had hit rate as well. In order to effectively play dungeons and raids, you had to get gear with hit rate so you no longer miss any spells.

Of course, you can also just go for a pure dps build, which will allow you to burn down a lot of enemies way faster, but the drawback is that you sometimes end up with the bored status. If you want to explain this with ingame lore, you could say that she gets bored by you trying to end too quickly. Thus, she no longer gets satisfied.
Boredom is a big deal. When the enemy gets bored you need to damage them for a bit for you to even be able to start winning again.
It grants them a 2-4 turn shield basically. 3 turns in a turn-based game is a lot.
Not only that but it changes the animation the enemy is using since her facial expression changes to show she's bored.

But in the game it doesn't feel that way since it's locked behind RNG. I don't think it's good game design to make such a crucial game-changing element completely reliant on RNG.

michalt26

Reputation score
Boredom is a big deal. When the enemy gets bored you need to damage them for a bit for you to even be able to start winning again.
It grants them a 2-4 turn shield basically. 3 turns in a turn-based game is a lot.
Not only that but it changes the animation the enemy is using since her facial expression changes to show she's bored.

But in the game it doesn't feel that way since it's locked behind RNG. I don't think it's good game design to make such a crucial game-changing element completely reliant on RNG.
I find it kinda hot when she decides to use the "take out the trash" special move that she only does when she's bored. I usually use the fairy ring and the luck key, so my hitrate is really high unless I unequip them looking for misses. Now that you mention it, I guess it would be nice to have some way of guaranteeing boredom status instead of accidentally doing more damage. RNG can be annoying even if there are in-game ways to increase hitrate.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I find it kinda hot when she decides to use the "take out the trash" special move that she only does when she's bored. I usually use the fairy ring and the luck key, so my hitrate is really high unless I unequip them looking for misses. Now that you mention it, I guess it would be nice to have some way of guaranteeing boredom status instead of accidentally doing more damage. RNG can be annoying even if there are in-game ways to increase hitrate.
As I found by accident, there's a pig equip that makes all enemies start off bored.

usedforits

Reputation score

Their characters are meant to feel oppressive and powerful, being defeated or having a hard fight due to bad RNG fits well with the themes imo. I'd have more of an issue with it if there wasn't the equipment that guarantees the bored status. Saves you the trouble of trying to force boredom if you want to see it.