What's new

[WIP - Full] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) - Plains, Hills, and Cages Edition

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
Aye, this is an old one.
The modders made way too many checks for this or that situation, with new skills becoming conditionally available; this 'error' prompts the succubus to use a default move. 300 is way too high IMO. There are a couple annoying others (missing dialogues reports, etc).
Ref: start of the loop -> # 発動不可なスキルの場合、発動可能なものが出るまで選び直し

The mods were tailored for fully leveled (50-80+) succubi. You'd get this more often with vanilla LvL 5 girls.
Anwyay you're not supposed to play in DEBUG mode (I always do but...). I'll triple-check we share no file turning it on; oc we don't want new players running into that. Write $DEBUG = false at the end of your very last rb file, abc order, and these won't bother you again.

Your example is relatively easy:
Ruby:
      when 81    #キッス ##### this was abbreviated ######
        held = ""
        if myself.holding?
          held = " shifted position and\ɱ\n" #backslash not needed in \ɱ
        end
          action = premess + held + "、exchanged a kiss with #{targetname}!"
But it can become much, much more complicated; and case-by-case takes time. We don't want that.
In any case the return is line 6662 and not earlier. You could ignore newlines completely in the file, and make your real lines here. As another temporary measure, you could decide an arbitrary letters count, and insert a \n in the nearest whitespace should action.length exceed the threshold. In short: don't worry too much.

If the battlers' names are a concern(they are!), you can use (lines 19-21):
myname = $names_DB.to_eng(myself.name)
username = $names_DB.to_eng(user.name)
skill_name = skill.UK_name#.split(/\//)[0]
Not too efficient, but that'll work until I finally implement UK_name for any and all battlers. If even necessary.
PS: I'd suggest you copy all of skilltext to notepad++, and mass replace (normal text) \m, \w, \y to our friendly \ɱ, \ɯ, \ȳ. If anything goes south (it won't!) we can always revert them.

I also noticed the default font was a crappy one (for Latin characters). We have:
$default_font = ["メイリオ","MS Pゴシック"]
I'll make MS Pゴシック the default one if you don't mind. It's not that great, but looks way better. Was SQ's font too.
Ruby:
$default_font = ["MS Pゴシック"]
$default_size = 16
$default_size_mini = 13
$default_size_s_mini = 11
That will change the battle display a lot. So feel free to adjust the sizes if necessary. They say, bigger is better; and for once, my eyes agree.

PPS: the code ain't trash! :mad: It's called vintage!
(If there's weird text formatting in this reply, ignore it. Posting on ULMF from mobile is actual garbage).

Let me clarify some things. First, I have already copied skill text and batch replaced it as mentioned. There is stuff other than SkillText which use the \w, \m, etc.

If we're going to make a second line for the response regardless then I'm just going to like break manually. Having an arbitrary character word wrap is more obnoxious to make and won't look nearly as good since the first line's spacing will be all over the place every throughout the battle. So again, if we're fine with having this number of lines like in the example already, then I'll just leave it as is.

I'm still not clear what's actually resulting in the debug message proc'ing though? What exactly is "300"? Is that the number of checks that have occurred? This happened with the very first succubus when I was testing the bedroom scene. Defaulting to a move sounds like a bad thing. Is this something we need to look into?

I'll look into the font once I'm back at my computer, but some screenshots of examples with that font would be nice to have an idea since I won't be back for a while.

Really appreciate your work on this, i've waited for so long. That said, downloading new programs is pretty daunting though i suppose theres no way around it since the game's code is trash.
Like I mentioned, this is for testing purposes only and may not be reflective of the final installation process. Doing this makes sure testers have the same version as us. That way we aren't spending time debugging outdated versions of the mod or game.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
First and foremost: we probably need a char for c == "\q" as well. Your first three were great; another suggestion for a q-lookalike?
Let me clarify some things. First, I have already copied skill text and batch replaced it as mentioned. There is stuff other than SkillText which use the \w, \m, etc.

If we're going to make a second line for the response regardless then I'm just going to like break manually. Having an arbitrary character word wrap is more obnoxious to make and won't look nearly as good since the first line's spacing will be all over the place.
I know, I know 😁 That's what I've said.

I'm glad we also agree on the word wrap. TBH I really don't like how auto-wrapping... wraps things up, untidily. But I still would've helped you if you had thought otherwise. In that case, use the following:
Ruby:
      myname = myself.name
      username = user.name
      skill_name = "\020[#{skill.id}]"
My battlelog script will deal with all 3 names. Either we'll keep that or I refine it. I've been refining/redefining a LOT more, so I'll check for any error before I attach the package. Soon(not TM). They were using a specific older code for the speaker. It is awfully inefficent, but I think only the Speakers go through there. But with the default font and settings the names will be SMOL.

Anyway, I'll move out our two windows/message scripts to a new file. If I can bundle the \q\w\m\y patches in there I'll do so going forward.
I'm still not clear what's actually resulting in the debug message proc'ing though? What exactly is "300"? Is that the number of checks that have occurred? This happened with the very first succubus when I was testing the bedroom scene. Defaulting to a move sounds like a bad thing. Is this something we need to look into?
I misunderstood the context before. It's not so much about low-leveled succubi at all.
The same code is about 1500 lines long in the original (vs ~2500), but the loophole is the same: @active_battler.make_action failed to find a proper replacement after 300 rerolls, going through the entire loop each time. I'll have a closer look, but the mods are innocent. Mostly. Turn off $DEBUG for now.

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
First and foremost: we probably need a char for c == "\q" as well. Your first three were great; another suggestion for a q-lookalike?

I know, I know 😁 That's what I've said.

I'm glad we also agree on the word wrap. TBH I really don't like how auto-wrapping... wraps things up, untidily. But I still would've helped you if you had thought otherwise. In that case, use the following:
Ruby:
      myname = myself.name
      username = user.name
      skill_name = "\020[#{skill.id}]"
My battlelog script will deal with all 3 names. Either we'll keep that or I refine it. I've been refining/redefining a LOT more, so I'll check for any error before I attach the package. Soon(not TM). They were using a specific older code for the speaker. It is awfully inefficent, but I think only the Speakers go through there. But with the default font and settings the names will be SMOL.

Anyway, I'll move out our two windows/message scripts to a new file. If I can bundle the \q\w\m\y patches in there I'll do so going forward.

I misunderstood the context before. It's not so much about low-leveled succubi at all.
The same code is about 1500 lines long in the original (vs ~2500), but the loophole is the same: @active_battler.make_action failed to find a proper replacement after 300 rerolls, going through the entire loop each time. I'll have a closer look, but the mods are innocent. Mostly. Turn off $DEBUG for now.
(Still on mobile)

Yes we'll need replacements for basically every character in that slice loop except \n because that one is an ACTUAL escape character and not a made-up one. I'll let you batch replace those and send the scripts. I'm not touching it at this point so just send me them when they're replaced and I'll add it to my files.

I'm confused about what you mean by using that bit of code? Are you saying place that code at the top of SkillText? I'm not at my computer so you'll need to be a bit more descriptive.The only thing I'm working out of right now is SkillText and it's worked fine just changing the text alone so far. I'm a bit confused what the 3 lines of code there are relevant for.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm confused about what you mean by using that bit of code? Are you saying place that code at the top of SkillText? I'm not at my computer so you'll need to be a bit more descriptive.The only thing I'm working out of right now is SkillText and it's worked fine just changing the text alone so far. I'm a bit confused what the 3 lines of code there are relevant for.
Your clone of O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb, lines 19-21? Sorry I thought I had mentioned this before. That'll make all references auto-translated as they display (battlelog). So in short, only line 22 to change, compared to the original:
skill_name = "\020[#{skill.id}]" # "キッス" => "\020[#{81}]" which will be processed by Window_BattleLog
1659024643423.png This is one of the worst example in the game with the longest names.
As for your ct 300 concern:
Pretty much every mod addition in make_skill_action_result intends to help with a specific case. So it's better than the original BUT it also means 300 passes through an additional 3-digits # of lines. That's unrealistic and unwarranted, considering the relatively low randomness - which the mods also improved.
I mean, here's the core of make_action:
Ruby:
    for action in available_actions
      if action.rating > rating_max - 3 # the ratings you always see in Enemies and Troops
        ratings_total += action.rating - (rating_max - 3)
      end
    end
There are only that many available_actions.length; even abysmal ratings would've popped up after 300 pulls (which would be an issue in most other games).

I'd need to collect data to tell, but I can't see a number above 30-50 being useful. -> I can simply cut on that.
->Anyway, I can fix that. An array to store previously tried skills, and it'll run much faster (single check VS hundreds) - as the 2nd simplest solution.

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
Your clone of O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb, lines 19-21? Sorry I thought I had mentioned this before. That'll make all references auto-translated as they display (battlelog). So in short, only line 22 to change, compared to the original:
skill_name = "\020[#{skill.id}]" # "キッス" => "\020[#{81}]" which will be processed by Window_BattleLog
View attachment 44860This is one of the worst example in the game with the longest names.
As for your ct 300 concern:
Pretty much every mod addition in make_skill_action_result intends to help with a specific case. So it's better than the original BUT it also means 300 passes through an additional 3-digits # of lines. That's unrealistic and unwarranted, considering the relatively low randomness - which the mods also improved.
I mean, here's the core of make_action:
Ruby:
    for action in available_actions
      if action.rating > rating_max - 3 # the ratings you always see in Enemies and Troops
        ratings_total += action.rating - (rating_max - 3)
      end
    end
There are only that many available_actions.length; even abysmal ratings would've popped up after 300 pulls (which would be an issue in most other games).

I'd need to collect data to tell, but I can't see a number above 30-50 being useful. -> I can simply cut on that.
->Anyway, I can fix that. An array to store previously tried skills, and it'll run much faster (single check VS hundreds) - as the 2nd simplest solution.
Wow I didn't realize Therion's name got that long, jfc... Is that one the worst offender? And is the Japanese text clipping out there?? Were you getting the goat bleet error there? Ideally I'd like to find the longest name(s) possible to keep an eye on what the line length maximum can be. Is there no way we can shorten that name?

I'm still not quite sure what this code you posted is auto-translating. Maybe I'll better understand what you mean once I'm looking at the code though. For example, the screenshots I posted on the last page are entirely translated without that code you posted.

And, my core issue lies with the program failing to identify an action to use 300 times moreso than the actual message itself.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm still not quite sure what this code you posted is auto-translating. Maybe I'll better understand what you mean once I'm looking at the code though. For example, the screenshots I posted on the last page are entirely translated without that code you posted.
But that's what my UK_stuff does? Auto-TL things from a dictionary I wrote?
I'll use "\¶" for "\q" if that's fine with you. It's consistent with what it does (\n+pause).

Therion's a fun oddball.
"Therion" comes from the Greek word for 'beast', often used in the Bible.
The actual Therion here is from Crowley's works... Which I wouldn't want to read again. But the actual suffixes references should be there, I guess.
Master Therion is Shin Megami mythology. Ugly-ass monster.

I so happen to have made a test .csv with my current, unrevised enemy database from years ago. Here ya go (must zip it).
And, my core issue lies with the program failing to identify an action to use 300 times moreso than the actual message itself.
Now you know SR's succubi don't just stick it in. They think long and hard about the best way to do you it :love: and they fail sometimes, which is fun.
If you're curious read all the Japanese #footnotes in that loop. They're pretty thorough. Or the base code from the rxdata is shorter and easier to understand. Again, don't worry about it, I know what can be done.

Attachments

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
But that's what my UK_stuff does? Auto-TL things from a dictionary I wrote?
I'll use "\¶" for "\q" if that's fine with you. It's consistent with what it does (\n+pause).

Therion's a fun oddball.
"Therion" comes from the Greek word for 'beast', often used in the Bible.
The actual Therion here is from Crowley's works... Which I wouldn't want to read again. But the actual suffixes references should be there, I guess.
Master Therion is Shin Megami mythology. Ugly-ass monster.

I so happen to have made a test .csv with my current, unrevised enemy database from years ago. Here ya go (must zip it).

Now you know SR's succubi don't just stick it in. They think long and hard about the best way to do you it :love: and they fail sometimes, which is fun.
If you're curious read all the Japanese #footnotes in that loop. They're pretty thorough. Or the base code from the rxdata is shorter and easier to understand. Again, don't worry about it, I know what can be done.
That's what I'm saying is that none of the actual skill text in those two example screenshots came from your code at all. I hand wrote all of that. Can you post actual example text of what you're talking about? The only thing that came from your code was below it, the part with "receives X pleasure." So I'm trying to understand what you want those 3 lines of code put in for, or what they even do. Again, maybe there's some portion of SkillText I'm not seeing that would use that code. But I would need to look at the code first.

I'll look at the file when I get home as well.

I guess I see what you're saying now with the "300" thing. I don't know why that's a loop at all if it's just checking conditionals. I'll need to look at the code...

That works for \q. And don't forget we need to change \H as well (or I think we do, anyway? Maybe we don't)

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
And don't forget we need to change \H as well (or I think we do, anyway? Maybe we don't)
Like I've said, we don't. If you spot any double backslashes in a string, you can/should leave them alone.
c == "\\H" will match "\\H" properly BUT not "\H", so we're good. Same for the other... \\T, was it?
"\ɯ" - "\w" __ "\ɱ" - "\m" __ "\ȳ" - "\y" __ "\¶" - "\q" __ should be all we need. But they need to go, now (\w\q\m\y).
none of the actual skill text in those two example screenshots came from your code at all. I hand wrote all of that.
Well I can't show off your work if you don't share it with me first :LOL:

Anyway: speaker TL is in. And I've refactored the display in various ways.
1st: メイリオ made bigger. Bleh...
2nd: MS Pゴシック, default size. Smol 120px wide box. Bitmap failing to condensate...
3rd: MS Pゴシック, bigger, in bigger box. I should GIMP MessageName.png to 180px wide.

I think the 3rd is the most legible and I'll stick to that, or something close. That's the pics below.
Here's what the 'worst girl' looks like now.
Some random girl off the street casting a spell if you like.
And the dialogue currently looks like:
As a test I've mass replaced, in my O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb, 48\w, 1719\m (!), 0\q and 0\y (notepad++, Normal mode). And it worked like a charm.
I hear a Devil's whisper. I'd better make a full backup 🙊

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
Like I've said, we don't. If you spot any double backslashes in a string, you can/should leave them alone.
c == "\\H" will match "\\H" properly BUT not "\H", so we're good. Same for the other... \\T, was it?
"\ɯ" - "\w" __ "\ɱ" - "\m" __ "\ȳ" - "\y" __ "\¶" - "\q" __ should be all we need. But they need to go, now (\w\q\m\y).

Well I can't show off your work if you don't share it with me first :LOL:

Anyway: speaker TL is in. And I've refactored the display in various ways.
1st: メイリオ made bigger. Bleh...
2nd: MS Pゴシック, default size. Smol 120px wide box. Bitmap failing to condensate...
3rd: MS Pゴシック, bigger, in bigger box. I should GIMP MessageName.png to 180px wide.

I think the 3rd is the most legible and I'll stick to that, or something close. That's the pics below.
Here's what the 'worst girl' looks like now.
Some random girl off the street casting a spell if you like.
And the dialogue currently looks like: As a test I've mass replaced, in my O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb, 48\w, 1719\m (!), 0\q and 0\y (notepad++, Normal mode). And it worked like a charm.
I hear a Devil's whisper. I'd better make a full backup 🙊
Maybe my vision is going bad but is the dialogue like waaaay bigger now? The battle dialogue looks pretty good actually (we need to get rid of those quotes. The skills are already capitalized, no need to quote them), I think I prefer the font there.

On the other hand, the regular dialogue in that final example is way too large.

At any rate, will you upload the files you have? I will upload mine in 3-4 hours when I'm back home.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
On the other hand, the regular dialogue in that final example is way too large.
This I haven't tested with English characters, but I have reasons to think they'll look much smaller (Look at "Eris", the speaker). I'll leave all the instructions in the file in case you'd like to tinker with the bitmap yourself.

At any rate, will you upload the files you have? I will upload mine in 3-4 hours when I'm back home.
Believe it or not, I've just injected/replaced 642\ɯ, ,295\ɱ, 6\ȳ and 609\¶.
...and it all works so well I could cry 😸
Let me check what I have a tad longer; 1-2h. I know for sure I'm missing at least a box reference (gamebreaking), I want to fix at least that.
Back up your script folder before anything.
Should I PM the files this time around? This is potentially unstable; on the other hand I could use the playtesting. :unsure:

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
This I haven't tested with English characters, but I have reasons to think they'll look much smaller (Look at "Eris", the speaker). I'll leave all the instructions in the file in case you'd like to tinker with the bitmap yourself.

Believe it or not, I've just injected/replaced 642\ɯ, ,295\ɱ, 6\ȳ and 609\¶.
...and it all works so well I could cry 😸
Let me check what I have a tad longer; 1-2h. I know for sure I'm missing at least a box reference (gamebreaking), I want to fix at least that.
Back up your script folder before anything.
Should I PM the files this time around? This is potentially unstable; on the other hand I could use the playtesting. :unsure:
I more meant upload all of your English files here. I won't put them in top link since it's for testing the new font (and I feel like I'm off base with a lot of what you're coding). It's very unlikely you've touched anything I have, as most of my stuff has gone into newly created files on my end.

To that end, are you still averse to using/learning how to use Git? It would make file management sooo much easier, and GitHub even has a desktop GUI client to make it as painless as possible.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
To that end, are you still averse to using/learning how to use Git? It would make file management sooo...
I'm adverse to Discord, not Github. I'd love github if I only knew how to do a pull properly. And had a need whatsoever for it.
But we have little use for it. I think? No one can help me with the code. I'm not tooting any horn: the code is not complicated, but tedious as hell. I wouldn't trust anyone to manage multiple files without a global understanding of the Beast.
On your side, I know for a fact, having worked with superiorly proficient translators before (you know who you are :sneaky: ), than I would be little more than a liability if I were to TL large chunks of text. So if you wish to outsource compilations of text for translation, feel free. I won't be able to help (without context) either on Github or anywhere 🤷‍♂️

But taking on the elusive RPG text? Sure, I'll do it. But I wouldn't want someone pulling it out for me - I can chew well enough, and I like cooking.
And if you'd like me to PR or check your work, I can pull the text myself, just ask! I'll be glad to. (I really can chew out well!)

I'd welcome critics and suggestions; but as you can guess from the old thread, I'd rather expect nothing and not be disappointed. I'll be glad if my opinion can be of any help to you, though, so keep asking when/if you have something bugging you.
TL,DR: For the love of succubi Succubus Rhapsodia!

TLDRstfu: WIP but should be fully functional (ONLY with the older things).
Also, 魔術_English_MOD. Because it sounds very chuuni, and less importantly, it will load after the 魔_*. That way we won't have to deal with people who can't read/be bothered to delete the old files. It'll work for them either way... 🤷‍♂️
I've left pretty much all my notes in the code for reference.
Just in case: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS
...unless you know what it is and what to do with it. If you do you MUST delete every file from /Mod/Mod_Scripts which is not from the Japanese mod. In other words: any of my older files. Actually I could use some playtesting, so... surprise me? 😘
*****This is intended for SR + 平原と丘と檻MOD version 2979 only*****

Bonus: SR dishes list on the side 🤤

Ah, screw it, of course I forgot something. For the time being, to avoid display errors you need to do 4 mass replace with Notepad++.
Namely, \w to \ɯ, \m to \ɱ, \y to \ȳ and \q to \¶. Normal replace(find in files), no extension, no regex.
I won't do that again, but since I was the one doing the mistake, here's the full japanese mod_scripts folder for a full 2979.
(NB: you must still install the mod normally first, as other files but the scripts are required)

To recapitulate:
a) Succubus Rhapsodia v1.20
b) 平原と丘と檻MOD211009_メインデータ① + ② + ③ + ④
optional) 211009_おっぱいコスプレ差分①A-F (※任意) + ②G-Z (※任意)
c) 220718a_統合パッチ (scrpm_2979.atc)
d) mod_scripts-2979__07-29.zip + Mod_Scripts_jp_2979.zip (attached) in any order

edit: cleaned thread, ENG files (for version 3019) moved there

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
Ah, screw it, of course I forgot something. For the time being, to avoid display errors you need to do 4 mass replace with Notepad++.
Namely, \w to \ɯ, \m to \ɱ, \y to \ȳ and \q to \¶. Normal replace(find in files), no extension, no regex.
I won't do that again, but since I was the one doing the mistake, here's the full japanese mod_scripts folder for a full 2979.
(NB: you must still install the mod normally first, as other files but the scripts are required)

To recapitulate:
a) Succubus Rhapsodia v1.20
b) 平原と丘と檻MOD211009_メインデータ① + ② + ③ + ④
optional) 211009_おっぱいコスプレ差分①A-F (※任意) + ②G-Z (※任意)
c) 220718a_統合パッチ (scrpm_2979.atc)
d) mod_scripts-2979__07-29.zip + Mod_Scripts_jp_2979.zip (attached) in any order
...:oops:
Profit?
IZc3qrZ[1].png

This is too big. I think the original font is fine, honestly. I'm not seeing a significant benefit in using it now that I'm on my monitor.

Anyway, here's all of my English mod files and the English scripts that I have so far, including the ones you just uploaded (I undid the font change, FYI, reverted 初期設定.rb to its original state):

No one can help me with the code. I'm not tooting any horn: the code is not complicated, but tedious as hell. I wouldn't trust anyone to manage multiple files without a global understanding of the Beast.
And let's please not discourage people from chiming in or assisting with the code, thanks.

Edit:

Apparently the scripts were a little too chunky for ULMF. Uploaded to GDrive instead:

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Like I mentioned, this is for testing purposes only and may not be reflective of the final installation process. Doing this makes sure testers have the same version as us. That way we aren't spending time debugging outdated versions of the mod or game.
Cool, anything you can do to simplify the installation would be greatly appreciated.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I undid the font change, FYI, reverted 初期設定.rb to its original state):
You are confusing two different draw methods. FYI this is with $default_size = 8, clearly illustrating my words:
1659069500734.png
I do hope you'll revert to the settings I've recommended, assuming the dialogue size was at fault - I was thinking so as well.
Like I have said, there are explanations in my footnotes. You are looking at the bitmap draw, not the default one.

And let's please not discourage people from chiming in or assisting with the code, thanks.
This was not my intention. I'll welcome all the help we can get, as long as it benefits Rhapsodia. I don't mind explaining at length how to help, to anyone willing to pitch in.

That said, is something like this along the lines of what you needed?
Code:
[CE #001: ■ 基本 ■]

Trigger Type: None
Switch: [0001:■基本]
    <>Script: $game_map.events_appear_set([], true)
    <>Script: text = "アナウンスします"
    :       : SR_Util.announce(text)

[CE #002: 初期設定]

<>Script: $game_variables[2] = "誰かの声"
    <>Show Text: \name[\v[2]]\_
    :          : 迷えるアリス様、甘美なる『夢世界』へようこそ。
    :          : 歓迎致しますわ\H
    :          : 早速ですけども、貴方の事をいくつかお伺いしたいですわ。\_
    :          : \.\.
    :          : まずは・・・
    :          : 次のうち、一番惹かれるのはどれでしょう?
    <>Show Choices: [仲の良い友人達とお喋り], [体力づくりのため運動], [静かな部屋で落ち着いて読書]
    : When [仲の良い友人達とお喋り]
     :          : ふふ、他愛の無いお喋りもいいものですわね。\.\.
     :          : (主人公の性格が【真面目】になります)\n
     <>Show Choices: [はい], [いいえ] (Cancel: #2)
     : When [はい]
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].personality = "真面目"
     : When [いいえ] (Triggered by Cancel)
      :          : ふふ、嘘はいけませんわ\H
     :          : ふふ、たくましい殿方、素敵ですわ\H\.\.
     :          : (主人公の性格が【腕白】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].personality = "腕白"
    : When []
     :          : ふふ、知的な殿方は絵になりますわね。\.\.
     :          : (主人公の性格が【冷静】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].personality = "冷静"
    :          : ありがとうございます。\.\.
    :          : では次に・・・
    :          : 女性のどこに、貴方は魅力を感じますの?
    :          : 特に好みが無ければ、一番近いものをお選びになって。
    <>Show Choices: [艶やかな唇], [すらりとした手足], [豊満な胸元], [丸みを帯びた腰つき]
    : When [艶やかな唇]
     :          : ふふ、私も貴方に唇を奪われてみたいですわね\H\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【口攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("口攻めに弱い")
      :          : ふふ、あまり焦らさないでくださいませ\H
     :          : ふふ、均整の取れた手足は美しいですわよね\H\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【手攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("手攻めに弱い")
     :          : 母性の象徴ですものね、嫌いな殿方などおりませんわ。\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【胸攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("胸攻めに弱い")
     :          : ふふ、女性の魅力は胸だけとは限りませんものね?\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【女陰攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("女陰攻めに弱い")
    :          : あらあら・・・\H
    :          : まぁ、私としたことが大事な事を伺っておりませんでしたわ。
    :          : 貴方のお名前、教えてくださらないかしら?
    <>Script: $game_variables[3] = $game_actors[101].name
    :          : \v[3]、というお名前なんですの?
     :          : あら、ご冗談がお上手ですのね\H
    :          : 成程・・・\H\.\.
    :          : ご協力、感謝いたしますわ。
If so, have a look over there:
There are wonderful people out there :giggle: Of course I wouldn't turn down their help.

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
You are confusing two different draw methods. FYI this is with $default_size = 8, clearly illustrating my words:
View attachment 44871
I do hope you'll revert to the settings I've recommended, assuming the dialogue size was at fault - I was thinking so as well.
Like I have said, there are explanations in my footnotes. You are looking at the bitmap draw, not the default one.

This was not my intention. I'll welcome all the help we can get, as long as it benefits Rhapsodia. I don't mind explaining at length how to help, to anyone willing to pitch in.

That said, is something like this along the lines of what you needed?
Code:
[CE #001: ■ 基本 ■]

<>Script: $game_map.events_appear_set([], true)
    <>Script: text = "アナウンスします"
    :       : SR_Util.announce(text)

[CE #002: 初期設定]

<>Script: $game_variables[2] = "誰かの声"
    :          : 迷えるアリス様、甘美なる『夢世界』へようこそ。
    :          : 歓迎致しますわ\H
    :          : 早速ですけども、貴方の事をいくつかお伺いしたいですわ。\_
    :          : \.\.
    :          : まずは・・・
    :          : 次のうち、一番惹かれるのはどれでしょう?
    <>Show Choices: [仲の良い友人達とお喋り], [体力づくりのため運動], [静かな部屋で落ち着いて読書]
    : When [仲の良い友人達とお喋り]
     :          : ふふ、他愛の無いお喋りもいいものですわね。\.\.
     :          : (主人公の性格が【真面目】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].personality = "真面目"
     :          : ふふ、たくましい殿方、素敵ですわ\H\.\.
     :          : (主人公の性格が【腕白】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].personality = "腕白"
     :          : ふふ、知的な殿方は絵になりますわね。\.\.
     :          : (主人公の性格が【冷静】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].personality = "冷静"
    :          : ありがとうございます。\.\.
    :          : では次に・・・
    :          : 女性のどこに、貴方は魅力を感じますの?
    :          : 特に好みが無ければ、一番近いものをお選びになって。
    <>Show Choices: [艶やかな唇], [すらりとした手足], [豊満な胸元], [丸みを帯びた腰つき]
    : When [艶やかな唇]
     :          : ふふ、私も貴方に唇を奪われてみたいですわね\H\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【口攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("口攻めに弱い")
     :          : ふふ、均整の取れた手足は美しいですわよね\H\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【手攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("手攻めに弱い")
     :          : 母性の象徴ですものね、嫌いな殿方などおりませんわ。\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【胸攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("胸攻めに弱い")
     :          : ふふ、女性の魅力は胸だけとは限りませんものね?\.\.
     :          : (主人公の弱点が【女陰攻めに弱い】になります)\n
      <>Script: $game_actors[101].gain_ability("女陰攻めに弱い")
    :          : あらあら・・・\H
    :          : まぁ、私としたことが大事な事を伺っておりませんでしたわ。
    :          : 貴方のお名前、教えてくださらないかしら?
    <>Script: $game_variables[3] = $game_actors[101].name
    :          : \v[3]、というお名前なんですの?
     :          : あら、ご冗談がお上手ですのね\H
    :          : 成程・・・\H\.\.
    :          : ご協力、感謝いたしますわ。
If so, have a look over there:
There are wonderful people out there :giggle: Of course I wouldn't turn down their help.
(On mobile again so ignore typos, etc.)
Send me the files with every font size updated to their appropriate size, ideally similar to what the original font's size was. I'll take a look at it again when you do.

If it still doesn't look good, you can just release it as a separate mod file closer to release since the mod files are modular anyway.

As for the CE stuff, that's sort of what I'm looking for but for the battle dialogue and there's no way to extract it like that because the battle dialogue uses string interpolation to pull names. This is something we just manually have to check as we go along.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
As for the CE stuff, that's sort of what I'm looking for but for the battle dialogue there's no way to extract it like that
Yes, this was only for rxdatas, later on. This answered my own "load_data vs Marshal" question.
There is battle text in Troops.rxdata, etc. but there'll be no shortcut for most 'action'-type text.

As for my attempt, to change the display, I intended to inject the names in a smarter place/way at any rate.
To clarify battle text, two different draw methods are involved:
The full bitmap draw_text is new_sprite.bitmap.draw_text(rect, str[, align]) (cf. class Sprite < ::Sprite)
It write text in a box, over the assigned new_sprite, such as one made out from a /Graphics/Windowskins .png.

Dialogues from the Talk folder, and Resist events such as Strip, use a version of this method. [in class Window_Message]
Most of the battle text, skill text, etc. use another variant. [in class Window_BattleLog]
(The 30ish draw_*** redefinitions in my code are only a small fraction, of the many other specialized methods)

These 2 methods are defined in the two refresh I moved to 魔術_English_MOD_Messages.rb. There is absolutely no issue with handling these separately.
If you'd like to experiment, but are unsure of where/how to make adjustments, I can create a "settings" script to centralize the font settings for our needs, smtg like:
Ruby:
Griffont_Narration_name = ["Almendra Regular"]
Griffont_Narrarion_size = 16
Griffont_Dialogue_name = ["Uechi Italic"]
Griffont_Dialogue_size = 15
Griffont_Dialogue_speaker = 18
#I'll only need not to alter / forget to revert these case/case settings after they're used.
As you might have noticed, the default speaker's name in dialogue uses $default_size_mini, 2-3px smaller. This is part of what I intended to change. Also, I thought it would be nice for the dialogues to look slightly different from regular narration.
But you're the one struggling with new English text to typeset over the Japanese. What is more convenient for you, and ideally, what do you think would be the best way to handle these two: Dialogue, and Narration. The closer to the default settings, the better I believe?
If we do happen to change the fonts or their size later on, it will possibly screw up your previous typesetting work.

I think メイリオ/Meryo looks bad for English characters but I didn't test it that much either. If you happen not to like MS PGothic, and are more familiar with another font you think would look good, do tell. The default:
Ruby:
$default_size = 16
$default_size_mini = 13
Looked pretty good with Narration. With the Dialogues, not so much. In my opinion, but it's not adamant.

In any case, the requested reverted 魔術_English_MOD_Messages. I reinstated the original (SR) code, which the modders hadn't touched, plus a basic UK_name injection (if you remember the pic where Lesser succubus was cut, it is as basic as that early version.).
Side note to self: remember to alter these settings for jp games so I can still tell a Tree from a Flame 30mn later.
edit: cleaned thread, files moved to there

Last edited:
OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
Yes, this was only for rxdatas, later on. This answered my own "load_data vs Marshal" question.
There is battle text in Troops.rxdata, etc. but there'll be no shortcut for most 'action'-type text.

As for my attempt, to change the display, I intended to inject the names in a smarter place/way at any rate.
To clarify battle text, two different draw methods are involved:
The full bitmap draw_text is new_sprite.bitmap.draw_text(rect, str[, align]) (cf. class Sprite < ::Sprite)
It write text in a box, over the assigned new_sprite, such as one made out from a /Graphics/Windowskins .png.

Dialogues from the Talk folder, and Resist events such as Strip, use a version of this method. [in class Window_Message]
Most of the battle text, skill text, etc. use another variant. [in class Window_BattleLog]
(The 30ish draw_*** redefinitions in my code are only a small fraction, of the many other specialized methods)

These 2 methods are defined in the two refresh I moved to 魔術_English_MOD_Messages.rb. There is absolutely no issue with handling these separately.
If you'd like to experiment, but are unsure of where/how to make adjustments, I can create a "settings" script to centralize the font settings for our needs, smtg like:
Ruby:
Griffont_Narration_name = ["Almendra Regular"]
Griffont_Narrarion_size = 16
Griffont_Dialogue_name = ["Uechi Italic"]
Griffont_Dialogue_size = 15
Griffont_Dialogue_speaker = 18
#I'll only need not to alter / forget to revert these case/case settings after they're used.
As you might have noticed, the default speaker's name in dialogue uses $default_size_mini, 2-3px smaller. This is part of what I intended to change. Also, I thought it would be nice for the dialogues to look slightly different from regular narration.
But you're the one struggling with new English text to typeset over the Japanese. What is more convenient for you, and ideally, what do you think would be the best way to handle these two: Dialogue, and Narration. The closer to the default settings, the better I believe?
If we do happen to change the fonts or their size later on, it will possibly screw up your previous typesetting work.

I think メイリオ/Meryo looks bad for English characters but I didn't test it that much either. If you happen not to like MS PGothic, and are more familiar with another font you think would look good, do tell. The default:
Ruby:
$default_size = 16
$default_size_mini = 13
Looked pretty good with Narration. With the Dialogues, not so much. In my opinion, but it's not adamant.

In any case, the requested reverted 魔術_English_MOD_Messages. I reinstated the original (SR) code, which the modders hadn't touched, plus a basic UK_name injection (if you remember the pic where Lesser succubus was cut, it is as basic as that early version.).
Side note to self: remember to alter these settings for jp games so I can still tell a Tree from a Flame 30mn later.
I didn't mean to give the impression I am struggling at all with the font. Again, I am perfectly fine with the original font. It's not a matter of me experimenting with font sizes. I have enough on my plate without worrying about needlessly messing with font settings. I still have probably 100,000 lines to translate on top of several hundred maps.

I definitely do not want the fonts changing between dialogue / narration at all. That's not how the author did it, that's not how we're doing it.

As I said, if you want the font changed, then send me settings and I will look at it. But playing with the font settings is about as far as at the bottom of my list of things to do on this project as it can be.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Maybe I'm just too tired, but it looks like one can't download from google drive anymore, with Firefox. Would you mind attaching the script files you have modified? I have double-checked my previous mass-replace files, by the way. They should be fine.

You said yourself you didn't want Lesser Succubus or such big names cut off in the display. This is what I was referring to.

Code:
#$default_font = ["MS Pゴシック"]
Font.default_name = $default_font
This is the code from Dreamania. The rest of what I was saying was, try and remove that "#" if you want to use MS PGothic instead.

OP
WitheredGryphon
Reputation score
Maybe I'm just too tired, but it looks like one can't download from google drive anymore, with Firefox. Would you mind attaching the script files you have modified? I have double-checked my previous mass-replace files, by the way. They should be fine.

You said yourself you didn't want Lesser Succubus or such big names cut off in the display. This is what I was referring to.

Code:
#$default_font = ["MS Pゴシック"]
Font.default_name = $default_font
This is the code from Dreamania. The rest of what I was saying was, try and remove that "#" if you want to use MS PGothic instead.
You should be able to download it still... Maybe I messed up a setting. I'll upload the script files separately (I was also uploading the English .CSV files too though so I'll just remove those and add the scripts alone). I'll take a look when I'm back at my PC.

I don't want any names cut off the display at all. But I don't know that changing the font for the entire game is the way to resolve that.

These are things off the top of my head where font size needs to be checked: Menu screen / status screen, SR_UTIL announcements, dialogue, and name tags.

I'll compromise since I feel like I'm shooting down everything. If you send me a settings file like you mentioned (only a single font though, no changing fonts) with font sizes at least close to the original font size then I'll toy with it (assuming you haven't already in that most recent file, I can't look atm).