What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
semi-related but I saw Sweetsprite had released a new image/animation-set on DLsite 2 or so months ago and to this day it doesn't seem reuploaded anywhere. Might be interesting to people who like this game.
Yeah, it's like a compilation of mp4 vids with the animated CGs. Though it's weird, cause it's a different mp4 for each variation of the same scene, and not a full video of everything. It all seems to be new stuff though, not just like all old scenes from their games put in here.

Sternregisseur

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Blast it i can't find the electric resistance vest, wihout it its really hard going trough the Water Moon Forest lake.

ExEmperorToast

Reputation score
Late answer: The electric resistance vest will be found half way through the lake, when you resurface in cave with a savepoint. The first half is relatively easy, as the blue squid do not actively trigger a fight.
It only happens, when one runs right into them. Just wait until a path clears to get through.
The second half is difficult due the red squids looking for you, thus the vest to give one a fighting chance against them.

VoreSuccubus

Reputation score
Really stuck here. Where and how do I access the Thieve's Mansion? I hear a lot of people talk about it but haven't found it myself.

Tai Tai

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Really stuck here. Where and how do I access the Thieve's Mansion? I hear a lot of people talk about it but haven't found it myself.
I think you need to go back to the house and talk to Satan. He'll give you a new class to traverse in Thieves' Hideout. Be sure you have a knife weapon prior before advancing

VoreSuccubus

Reputation score
I think you need to go back to the house and talk to Satan. He'll give you a new class to traverse in Thieves' Hideout. Be sure you have a knife weapon prior before advancing
Is that what it is? i thought that was the "bandit" hideout? i see people mentioning some broken down piano they need to get through to reach some kind of basement, not sure if i saw a broken piano in that place... The one i'm talking about has the bad end in it where you're choked with the rope.

Tai Tai

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you mean bypassing the soundwave trap, then yeah. You need a new class to get through there. Satan would have it for you at that point

ExEmperorToast

Reputation score
Yea, one needs to differentiate between the bandit hideoutS
and the thieves hidout, which is a mansion.

The thieves mansion can be entered through a path that is to the East (right) of a teleport point (Burgh Metus Back Gate with Danielsan translation), which also lead to the bandit hidout (North to the afore mentioned teleport)

Remembering correctly the Thieves hidout can be entered in Chapter 3. The prerquisites are either some jobs as the Maid again in the first CIty Tanaro, or some odd Jobs in the city Burgh Metus

VoreSuccubus

Reputation score
Yea, one needs to differentiate between the bandit hideoutS
and the thieves hidout, which is a mansion.

The thieves mansion can be entered through a path that is to the East (right) of a teleport point (Burgh Metus Back Gate with Danielsan translation), which also lead to the bandit hidout (North to the afore mentioned teleport)

Remembering correctly the Thieves hidout can be entered in Chapter 3. The prerquisites are either some jobs as the Maid again in the first CIty Tanaro, or some odd Jobs in the city Burgh Metus
Thanks! I'll try do all Burgh Metus quests and maid quests and see how it goes.

Also a few more questions, apologies as this is my first JRPG ^^'' what exactly are the requirements for the landlord to appear? the one that you talk to to repair your house. also, where the heck do i get the regular mage class? seems i went through almost the entire game without it lol. not the apprentice mage, just mage class.

ExEmperorToast

Reputation score
The landlord lady, hmmmm, she either roams around the house, where one buys the apartment in the Tanaro, or is inside.

If she is not around yet, it means the main quest hasn't progressed enough. As far as I remember it shoul have been after defeating the Dyrad the first time in the forest by Tanaro.
Same with the mage class. But honeslty not sure

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Forest Of The Abyss 3 is set to release at 2024
View attachment 45460
Yep, it sure is. Though this is news from a few months ago, which I've mentioned already.
I figured here would be the best place to mention it, since there's no demo of it, but Sweetsprite announced today that there's going to be a Forest of the Abyss 3.
Unfortunately, the release time is planned to be just 2024. No specifics of when in the year.

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yep, it sure is. Though this is news from a few months ago, which I've mentioned already.
It just got updated in fantia, i don't even know that it already got announced in twitter because i don't have a twitter account
Edit : The distribution price is 1.000 yen and 30 bad ending or more
The goal is to release it within 2024, with a distribution price of about 1000 yen and a bad ending of 30 or more. Also, we will update with scenarios and bad endings and fix bugs, so there is a possibility that it will be early access. We do not charge additional fees or monthly fees, but early play may encounter bugs, so please cooperate with bug reports.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
If it's gonna be anything like how the 2nd one was, we could probably see lots of stuff added. I'm hoping for more monster girls.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
In the meanwhile, for those wanting a Full Save on the game (and it's predecessor), and even a Review on both of them, I made those! A link to those here:

Last edited:

Marmalade

Lurker
Reputation score
In the meanwhile, for those wanting a Full Save on the game (and it's predecessor), and even a Review on both of them, I made those! A link to those here:
Link is dead, is it possible for a reupload? Thanks.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Link is dead, is it possible for a reupload? Thanks.
Just delete the garbage at the front of the link and it works just fine.
Damn, there must have been an issue when I made the link in the message initially. Thanks for pointing it out though, just fixed it now!

123bandit

Reputation score
why cant i get into the labyrinth? ive equipped mage class, and have none of the items it says i cant have

okay so i found it, where do i find the labyrinth worm?