What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

Oh God... I seem to have deleted my latest version of the game and therefor lost all my last saves ...........
Can anyone upload a save with all the content from v3.2.0, so I can carry on from there?

OK, I know what I'm doing next month...
Super Mario Maker 2!

OK, I'll be serious now, I'll start doing a Version 1 patch release. Version 1 will restore all strings to the originals from the RTP.
Version 2 will replace the opening crawl with one in English, using best guess logic.
The Version 3 releases will replace the gallery versions of endings with English ones.

One thing I will NOT change currently is where Sweetsprite used text on a transparent image overlay. These edits will be able to be applied as a patch to a still encrypted version of the game, meaning I cannot replace any graphics or audio. That is a hard and fast rule.

OK, I know what I'm doing next month...
Super Mario Maker 2!

OK, I'll be serious now, I'll start doing a Version 1 patch release. Version 1 will restore all strings to the originals from the RTP.
Version 2 will replace the opening crawl with one in English, using best guess logic.
The Version 3 releases will replace the gallery versions of endings with English ones.

One thing I will NOT change currently is where Sweetsprite used text on a transparent image overlay. These edits will be able to be applied as a patch to a still encrypted version of the game, meaning I cannot replace any graphics or audio. That is a hard and fast rule.
Sounds good and totally play SMM2 for when you need to get away from work.

Updated the main post to reflect its now 3.3.5, the final major version.

Hey, does anyone remember how to trigger the ghost event in the 1st town so that you can get to the secret basement where you can buy lots of stuffs? I tried to remember but couldn't get it. Please help!

Hey, does anyone remember how to trigger the ghost event in the 1st town so that you can get to the secret basement where you can buy lots of stuffs? I tried to remember but couldn't get it. Please help!
Beat dryad boss, complete the weapon shop quest in the desert town, and rescue all the NPCs in the starting forest with the first worm enemies.

Hi all long time lurker first time poster. I've been trying to figure this out and it's driving me mad

I bough this like an hour ago on the English DLsite and have no idea how to apply the updates, could someone please give me some kind of rundown please

Can't get the update from the drive on the fantiapage. 404 not found?
Edit: Nvm seems it was temporarily

EDIT AGAIN: Password for the update files? My japanese is a little rusty. Am i missing something? The fantia page mentions a password but cant find it :cry:

Last edited:
Can't get the update from the drive on the fantiapage. 404 not found?
Edit: Nvm seems it was temporarily

EDIT AGAIN: Password for the update files? My japanese is a little rusty. Am i missing something? The fantia page mentions a password but cant find it :cry:

You can update your game automatic, if that doesn ´t work you can also download the patches when visiting their twitter account, there are posts with links for manually download. If you can ´t read japanese like myself, Fatia is no good solution ;-).

Version 3.3.7 is out btw. I really hope it has some more improvements for the gallary, the current scenes are not that bad at all, but to be serious, I expected a bit more from Sweetsprite for this game.

You can update your game automatic, if that doesn ´t work you can also download the patches when visiting their twitter account, there are posts with links for manually download. If you can ´t read japanese like myself, Fatia is no good solution ;-).

Version 3.3.7 is out btw. I really hope it has some more improvements for the gallary, the current scenes are not that bad at all, but to be serious, I expected a bit more from Sweetsprite for this game.
The thing is i did download the patch [ver.1.0.0~3.3.7] but i cant extract or unpack it. And what seems to be the auto update just leads me back to their fantia page. Is it because my current version is 2.2.1?

tp1EyRVl.png.jpg

The thing is i did download the patch [ver.1.0.0~3.3.7] but i cant extract or unpack it. And what seems to be the auto update just leads me back to their fantia page. Is it because my current version is 2.2.1?
If I remember right the password is "pleasure", per a statue next to the teleport in the second town.

sinenRPG2_20190519_201926.png

Hi guys, I want to ask does anyone have the same problem as me?
I'm playing the newest version 3.3.7 and I'm in the 100 floors challenge. When I defeated the boss on the 80th floor and went to the ladder to reach the 81st floor, this happened...
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Please help! Thank you!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 56
Hi guys, I want to ask does anyone have the same problem as me?
I'm playing the newest version 3.3.7 and I'm in the 100 floors challenge. When I defeated the boss on the 80th floor and went to the ladder to reach the 81st floor, this happened...
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Please help! Thank you!

In the www/img/characters folder, there should be a file named !$燭台ミニ.rpgmvp (and a few other files too with Japanese characters), those are probably missing for you. Try to unpack the game and updates again with Japanese locale settings (e.g. using Locale Emulator on a 32-bit 7zip)

In the www/img/characters folder, there should be a file named !$燭台ミニ.rpgmvp (and a few other files too with Japanese characters), those are probably missing for you. Try to unpack the game and updates again with Japanese locale settings (e.g. using Locale Emulator on a 32-bit 7zip)
I've tried everything that you suggested just now. But it still didn't work... I downloaded version 3.3.7 on Fantia, overwrote the old files and tried to reboot my computer but the bug was still there. What should I do next? Please help... I grinded so hard to get to that floor you know :(
Edit:
I checked for the file name you mentioned but couldn't find it. It's really missing. But with all the method you suggested me, everything is still the same. Could you send me the files in that "character" folder so that I can try to replace mine? Thank you so much.

Last edited:
I've tried everything that you suggested just now. But it still didn't work... I downloaded version 3.3.7 on Fantia, overwrote the old files and tried to reboot my computer but the bug was still there. What should I do next? Please help... I grinded so hard to get to that floor you know :(
Edit:
I checked for the file name you mentioned but couldn't find it. It's really missing. But with all the method you suggested me, everything is still the same. Could you send me the files in that "character" folder so that I can try to replace mine? Thank you so much.
Here's a zip of the characters folder.

Back