What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

BladeGrip

Reputation score
I'm looking for some help with the bandit town that needs to be repaired. I've given the guy all the bricks and repair tools, but nothing in the town has changed. Am I missing something, or do I need to do more quests for the townsfolk?

(As a side note, I had edited in all the items needed for repair because I wasn't about to spend hours grinding that all out.)
Yes, you have to complete all quests given by various townsfolk there. Most, if not all of them, are food related and require things from the bazaar town. Once you complete all of them, walk out of town and go back. All buildings will be restored and the town will have a new soundtrack.

Related to your side note, there should be no excessive grinding involved since once you trigger the quest the crates next to the house can be looted for enough 'shale' material items to create the required quest items.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
say, whatever happened to the translation? is it completely dropped of slowly going on?

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The contains a huge collection of Arle CG but also a starting save file for Forest Of Abyss 2, with all CG unlocked, plus "loads of coins" included.

According to the item description, this pack seems to be only available for a limited time.

ulmfan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
New game update to ver3.3.8.
・草抜きに新たな報酬を追加 (added new rewards for weeding)
・剣技の火力を調整 (adjusted the attack power of sword skills)
・一部の難しい謎解きにヒントを追加 (added tips to some of the more difficult riddles)
・死亡確定の拘束スリップダメージを増加 (increased restraint slip damage on death confirmation?)
・軽微なバグを修正 (minor bug fixes)

Link for manual update to v3.3.8 (for v3.3.5 and above): Refer to above tweet.
Link for manual update to v3.3.8 (for below v3.3.5):

In-game updating needs a new patch to work:

BladeGrip

Reputation score
Welp, now I hope this update won't break whatever the current translator is working on.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Welp, now I hope this update won't break whatever the current translator is working on.
is it still being worked on? checked on the translation thread and saw that the translator saying he dropped it as it was too difficult due to the way it was coded.

BladeGrip

Reputation score
That was the second guy. After he quit the first guy picked up the torch again.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
From what was said before, this will indeed break the current translation effort.

Laytruce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thats from an optional boss in the lake area. After a certain maid mission, a new person will appear in the bar who will give you a rope.
(Talking about the rope needed to get to the blue slime in the underwater cave)

Is this missable or something? I've done pretty much everything except the 101 floor dungeon and I don't seem to have this. Arle just wonders if that wall is a dead end. The only rope in my key items is the one the fairies made. The only people at the coffee shop are the owner and the lady sitting to to the right.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Do I want to commit sudoku yet? I thought it was done updating! Screw it. I'll pull some all-nighters between Christmas and New Year and release, anything coming afterwards be damned. Sorry for not getting back to it sooner. I'm pretty busy with work and such. I'll try to get the release done until January next year, at the latest. And if they release something for New Year, I'll strangle the idiots that thought releasing the game in a way that frequently breaks prior translation efforts myself.

paulchan92

Reputation score
Do I want to commit sudoku yet? I thought it was done updating! Screw it. I'll pull some all-nighters between Christmas and New Year and release, anything coming afterwards be damned. Sorry for not getting back to it sooner. I'm pretty busy with work and such. I'll try to get the release done until January next year, at the latest. And if they release something for New Year, I'll strangle the idiots that thought releasing the game in a way that frequently breaks prior translation efforts myself.
Asian ! I'm Asian myself and i also don't understand the aspects of life and pretty much everything related in Asian's daily life. Humbly saying from me is this : Asian is nothing but a basket, a bag of raw, unprocessed cotton, everything inside is still raw and tangled together and you are tasked to solve it out. Such weird ! But on the other hand, they do have hentai, catgirls and anime girls, etc... , stuff like this for our weirdos.

Oir

Reputation score
Asian ! I'm Asian myself and i also don't understand the aspects of life and pretty much everything related in Asian's daily life. Humbly saying from me is this : Asian is nothing but a basket, a bag of raw, unprocessed cotton, everything inside is still raw and tangled together and you are tasked to solve it out. Such weird ! But on the other hand, they do have hentai, catgirls and anime girls, etc... , stuff like this for our weirdos.
Is this racist? I can't tell.

mromegazz

Lurker
Reputation score
Did it just get another update or was that a delayed response to the one that was posted about here that came after the game was already supposedly finished? never downloaded it since it didn't look like anything to the endings was added and that's all i really care about currently since its just too much effort to power through the game i can't understand.

big respect to you and anyone else who has ever even briefly picked up the translation effort on this. been looking forward to it for awhile now but i'll keep waiting and hoping. machine translations are just unbearable.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I honestly can't even keep track of all the updates that came out over time. I just noticed that another one came out and that it conflicted with some basic stuff I had done. My patience is mostly used up, so I'll just do a complete translation of whatever ends up being current edition at Christmas and consider it finished for good afterwards, disregarding patch work if the translation causes any major bugs.

Eh, I haven't really delivered since the initial version, so there isn't much to respect. It's mostly just mundane work, the main problem is "the grind", having to go through the same thing for the xth time and checking every item and description for changes again, copy-pasting what you can, repeating this process for skills, maps and so on. That's really demoralising. Especially since the creators make it almost impossible to compare two versions with a program, since that picks up any changes in code and comments in these changes as well. You can't even copy-paste your old list of items directly because the creator decided to add a new item and give it the number another item had before and such things instead of just adding new items at the bottom of the list or changed some minor numbers, for example. It's unbelievably frustrating, after a while.

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'd say the current version has more than enough content for a translation. Any further updates...pointless really unless its more content. But if it becomes hard to get that version it'd be another story.

Oir

Reputation score
I honestly can't even keep track of all the updates that came out over time. I just noticed that another one came out and that it conflicted with some basic stuff I had done. My patience is mostly used up, so I'll just do a complete translation of whatever ends up being current edition at Christmas and consider it finished for good afterwards, disregarding patch work if the translation causes any major bugs.

Eh, I haven't really delivered since the initial version, so there isn't much to respect. It's mostly just mundane work, the main problem is "the grind", having to go through the same thing for the xth time and checking every item and description for changes again, copy-pasting what you can, repeating this process for skills, maps and so on. That's really demoralising. Especially since the creators make it almost impossible to compare two versions with a program, since that picks up any changes in code and comments in these changes as well. You can't even copy-paste your old list of items directly because the creator decided to add a new item and give it the number another item had before and such things instead of just adding new items at the bottom of the list or changed some minor numbers, for example. It's unbelievably frustrating, after a while.
I've seen this sort of situation as a recurring theme, especially for this game. I can't imagine what it's like to put so much work into it only to have to redo it, multiplied by the difficulty in working with this specific game. Burnout's a real thing so I hope you don't push yourself too hard. There's lots to respect for you even sticking it out this far. Looking forward for whatever's to come on this project!

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hey, how's the translation going? Any news on it?
I want to say that I appreciated the effort to translate this game despite the problem with the constant update.