What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [タートルクレーン / Turtle Crane] Ladies Sex Bout

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
ONScripter itself is still maintained, but doesn't properly support English. However, as it's open source that can be fixed with a short patch.

I tested a simple machine translation, which seems to work. If somebody is interested: LSB_en_0.9.6.0.zip ( ) - you need to build ONScripter yourself to run it (patch is included).

If somebody knowing Japanese wants to improve the machine translation: the raw translation is here ( ), feel free to replace the machine translations by better ones - and post the result here so I can include them into a new release.
Hey flowerpot,

Thanks for taking the time to do the machine translation.

As a warning, creating the binaries is not an easy process if you don't already have your machine set up to do Windows code development/system administration. Even if your day-job is technical, the process has a lot of steps if you're starting from scratch (since you have to get all of the dependencies/utilities required for compiling the file). If you want to still give it a shot, feel free.

To anyone else attempting it, they have some requirements of compiling the binaries here- down in the compilation section for Windows. After downloading Git (from ), You can run the following command after navigating to the onscripter folder in Git Bash in order to apply the .diff patch flower made-
git apply --ignore-space-change --ignore-whitespace --whitespace=nowarn onscripter-hack.diff​

In order to run nmake (which is what creates the new binaries that you need), you will have to download Visual Studio and then either add it to your path, or manually navigate to it inside of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.15.26726\bin\Hostx64\x64\nmake.exe directory that is inside of it.

I ran the make file like this (after navigating to the directory) -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.15.26726\bin\Hostx64\x64\nmake.exe MakeFile.win
After that I followed the instructions in flower's readme for starting the game / file replacements.

Last edited:

nydan00

Reputation score
Crazy question here, why not just throw up the compiled data on mega? VS2017 is fat as hell and getting the prereqs for ONScriptor is a headache. This is just a lesbian showdown distributed freely from the japanese author then augmented with a machine translation. Surely it's not stepping on anyone's toes.

flowerpot

Reputation score
Crazy question here, why not just throw up the compiled data on mega?
I don't have Windows and thus don't have Windows-binaries, building on Linux is very simple...

However, I guess many Windows users would appreciate if somebody posts patched executables. To encourage that: I'll include windows binaries in any later releases if somebody posts them. There are no legal issues at all if you publish your build together with a link to ONScripter's source code and my patch. ONScripter is licensed as GPL2, so anybody is permitted to release builds (with or without modifications, as long as the full source code is published under GPL2 as well. My patch is hereby released under GPL2.).

flowerpot

Reputation score
I updated the machine translation, and fixed various issues related to encoding and manually fixed some translations by looking at the context. The updated translation and patch is here ( ). As nobody provided a build yet, you still need to build onscripter yourself to use it.

It would be great if somebody with more knowledge of Japanese and/or more time wants to join in on the translation effort. To do so, download and update this text file. To simplify getting a basic translation, I put non-dialogue lines at the top of the file (~1,8k strings). Below is the whole dialogue, if somebody feels crazy enough (~54k strings!). Once you've made your changes, just post the updated file here. If you want to get credited with something different from your username, include that in your post.

Edit: I initially uploaded the wrong patch (that is, an older version). The links have been fixed.

Attachments

Last edited:

sup12up

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Please share the game with the translation applied if it is not difficult. I can not figure out how to interact with onscripter-20180409.tar and LSB_0.9.6.0_en, LSB_0.9.6.0_en_raw o_O

JonkoSlunko

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I been reading through the last 3 pages on how to do this and the read me file that came with the upload you kindly provided, but Im not very good at coding, so which file would I need to edit it as "default.tff"?

DudePerson

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I been reading through the last 3 pages on how to do this and the read me file that came with the upload you kindly provided, but Im not very good at coding, so which file would I need to edit it as "default.tff"?
According to the readme it's the font that the readme tells you to download.

I don't know much on this so hopefully someone else does it.

B

bugmenot111

This anon would be willing to commit to translating the menus if someone posts a compiled executable that actually works.
It's seriously hard to work a translation if You can't check the context.

Last edited by a moderator:

flowerpot

Reputation score
I have a full build for windows! And oh boy, Windows sucks for software development. I understand why nobody wanted to do that...

You now only need to download two files: and (9MB seem to be too large for this forum?!). Full instructions are in the translation's README. Short version:
  • If you just want to play, drop the "bin" folder's content onto the untranslated original and start "onscripter".
  • If you want to help out, look into the "contribute" folder: edit the translation in there and send me the result.
Cheers!

B

bugmenot111

Danke.
Starting to parse Translation file in contribute folder. Will start with common terms and strings first.
Will probably have things by Monday/Tuesday. More like Thursday/Friday now, Day job consumed weekend unexpectedly.
Few bugs spotted on new binary:
-Music plays at faster speed or higher frequency than original (Double speed?)
-New binary autoplays text. original binary does not.
-Menu Bar is missing in new binary. I don't think this matters much as there is nothing of substance there anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

nydan00

Reputation score
Thanks flowerpot! Oh ...
I understand why nobody wanted to do that...
Yeah, that's why I posted. Windows is shitty bloatware, but I'm stuck on it, for now. Can't wait for ReactOS to reach at least beta phase. Basically it's a reverse engineered Windows built in Linux. Cool stuff.

Anyhoo, as bugmenot111 said, there are differences between onscripter.exe and nscr.exe. If you want to fap to chipmunk music it does a pretty awesome job on that front! My gut says onscripter.exe has no FPS cap set so the game is going full-blast. Menu Bar has the fullscreen option, onscripter.exe lacks this. That was missed, least for me it was. Another difference is auto-controller detection. Onscriptor picks up my controller, it's really annoying. It's a PS3 gamepad emulating an XBOX controller. Not sure if it's any help but I attached stderr.txt and stdout.txt that gets generated in the base directory. I use my pad to control my mouse, Onscriptor has preset buttons for the controller and special functions when a controller is in use. One is snapping to clickable elements. Another is resetting the mouse cursor to the window when an input is detected. I rather it not detect my controller. None of that happens with nscr.exe. Last difference spotted is, there is a pre-match config before a match begins when using nscr.exe. You can edit the state of both you and your opponent. Lust, clothing state(what's dressed/undressed), outfit swapping, even current rounds won, much more too. Once done you "get to it" with your opponent. I attached a screenshot. This is lost in onscripter.exe. Finally, nscr.exe has 1 more thing in the Main Menu that onscripter.exe lacks, the Special menu selection. It should be beneath Options. No idea if any of these issues can be fixed, would be nice but not the end of the world. Kinda sucks to lose the match config and Special though.

Edit: Practice Stand's love for wikipedia is what keeps her going through all those sparring sessions.

Attachments

Last edited:

NewGuy

Reputation score

After half a year of inactivity, the dev finally posted something on twitter. No word of any new updates or anything yet, but this is still great news since he went inactive around the same time a big earthquake happened in his area and it was starting to look like he might have died or something.

flowerpot

Reputation score
. If somebody wants to help me developing an optional uncensor patch, look in the contribute folder and help out. I also added images containing Japanese text that needs to get translated. I'd welcome help on that as well. More information is in the README.

Music plays at faster speed or higher frequency than original (Double speed?)
Sound effects and background music were encoded in different sample rates, but onscripter does not support resampling. Should be fixed.

New binary autoplays text. original binary does not.
I can't run the original, but the parts that autoplay for me are explicitly marked as such in the source code. Maybe a bug in the original binary, or related to your machine.

Menu Bar has the fullscreen option, onscripter.exe lacks this
Sorry, menu bar is not gonna happen. Start onscripter with the --fullscreen command line argument instead.

Another difference is auto-controller detection. Onscriptor picks up my controller, it's really annoying.
Just unplug your controller? Probably also possible to disable it in Windows, but no idea about that.

Last difference spotted is, there is a pre-match config before a match begins when using nscr.exe.
That's a debug menu that can be enabled in the options once you beat the game with all characters at least once. I fixed a bug where it appeared too early. If you can't be bothered, start onscripter with the --edit command, type "zn1994", press enter, type "1", press enter again and finally escape (in other words: change the numeric variable 1994 to 1 using onscripter's editing feature).

Finally, nscr.exe has 1 more thing in the Main Menu that onscripter.exe lacks, the Special menu selection.
That's related. With enabled debug mode everything is unlocked. Otherwise, you need to beat the game once to see that option.

Practice Stand's love for wikipedia is what keeps her going through all those sparring sessions.
There are a few more gems like these, but without somebody speaking Japanese they cannot get fixed. If you know a better translation, you can edit the file in the contribute folder and send me the result.

B

bugmenot111

I can't run the original, but the parts that autoplay for me are explicitly marked as such in the source code. Maybe a bug in the original binary, or related to your machine.
hmmmm looks like this is an odd one, you are right, they are flagged in engine to autoplay, but a bug in the original executable is causing the autoplay to fail while your version is executing as directed.

sup12up

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
flowerpot, ty for eng version game you best!

Question about the game what is the victory condition in deathmatch?

flowerpot

Reputation score
what is the victory condition in deathmatch?
Both pleasure and excitement of your opponent must be at MAX (purple and red heart in one icon), then finish her with an attack dealing both pleasure and excitement.

B

bugmenot111

Not too much, but it's a start.
Would be good if you could break the translation csv into seperate files. Very unweildly to work with.

Attachments

flowerpot

Reputation score
(with mainly bugmenot111's changes).

Would be good if you could break the translation csv into seperate files. Very unweildly to work with.
I prefer to be able to search across all strings, so everything in one file is better for me. But feel free to split it up while working, I can merge anything as long as you keep the line format.

Wiz2909L

Demon Girl
Reputation score
There seems to be a new announcement or update for the game. Hope someone can translate it