What's new

SIM Loli [TeamApplePie] Monster Black Market (RJ401420)

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Honestly a DD-style rpg sounds great! Debuffs based on pregnancy seems like it'd make things real challenging.

I hope they still keep things animated though, as well as keeping shortstacks along with adding other bodytypes. Muscle girl/amazon classes would be excellent, or better yet futanari enemies/classes.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Always thought DD was ripe for H-gamification. That being said... DD's gameplay is pretty awful, so hopefully they can improve upon it, I've no desire to deal with RNGShit while ice-skating uphill in an H-game.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Always thought DD was ripe for H-gamification. That being said... DD's gameplay is pretty awful, so hopefully they can improve upon it, I've no desire to deal with RNGShit while ice-skating uphill in an H-game.
Yeah, I share your stance on it. A certain level of RNG is fine, as long as it's manageable. But Darkest Dungeon has such impactful stuff just happen at random that it feels like you're not winning through skill, but mercy. Let's see what happens...

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You not liking the gameplay and it not being a good game are two completely different things. It's an incredibly sucessful game with a huge fanbase, and though RNG does have a pretty strong hand in things, not sure what you expected from a roguelite RPG breed. And yes, I'm aware you said "in an h-game" which I partially agree with, since too many h games should barely be called games. Just image galleries with extra steps.

I actually prefer my h games to be good games, but haven't really found one yet... just a lot of meh games that wouldn't be worth a candle if the h content wasn't there to push them over.

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I think we're all expecting the circle to take their interpretation of DD a bit too literally. They may just be using the game's theme and core mechanics while avoiding the debatably toxic RNG.
I don't see them releasing a hard game. This circle seems pretty intelligent, so they probably know that people don't want an excess of mandatory difficulty in a H-title. They kept the struggle optional in this and adjustible in the menu, they will most likely follow that trend for the next game.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think we're all expecting the circle to take their interpretation of DD a bit too literally. They may just be using the game's theme and core mechanics while avoiding the debatably toxic RNG.
I don't see them releasing a hard game. This circle seems pretty intelligent, so they probably know that people don't want an excess of mandatory difficulty in a H-title. They kept the struggle optional in this and adjustible in the menu, they will most likely follow that trend for the next game.
Well, debatable is the word, as DD can be pretty easy if you want it to be. It also already has a pretty extensive erotic modding comunity, so I'm not sure you're completely right about people not wanting an excess of difficulty in an H-game. I do think it'll be far more forgiving than DD. Black market isn't very hard either though, so I'm not sure what the bar here is. DD is a rogue lite which has a set playstyle where defeat is intended and not an actual obstacle but simply part of the gameplay loop. That might frustrate some players, but it's not the same as a difficult game segment that prevents you from progressing further as in most roguelites death/loss doesn't do that.

Halcyon722

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It'd be nice to have a light challenge in the RPG. Not expecting anything like No Torch Sygian mode or anything, and at the end of the day it's an H-game, but I'd like it to not be a complete cakewalk.
Hopefully it isn't too long til we see more substantial stuff. From their Twitter, they're only a 3 person team, but they've apparently been working on the RPG alongside MBM (if I understand correctly). I'm sure they'll reuse assets where they can, but I hope there's a meaty amount of brand new stuff to. Having three body types as opposed to MBM's two is a promising start.

I can't help but let my imagination run wild. Hopefully it's a longer game than MBM, and hopefully there's a lot more enemies than MBM's (current) 5 monster types. I don't think they'll get anywhere near DD's almost 100 different enemies, but I'd love to see some variety; monstergirls, futas, tentacles, more beasts, etc. MBM's a really good start for a circle's first game, so I can't help but get excited when something promising shows up, especially considering the average quality (or lack thereof) of most recent H-games.

D-D

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
There's something I've been hoping to see for a long time in H-games and this talk about a H-version of DD sounds like it could use that kind of mechanic.

What I'd like to see is a system where enemies can capture heroines and then you'd have to go save them.

Halcyon722

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
New blog post
Mostly an update as to the DLC plan. They're adding the requested feature of being able to use the NPCs as units and breed them, but only with the player character. Doesn't sound like you can send them to the brothel or breed them with monsters. Though you can get the NPCs pregnant, there won't be pregnant variants of the "in-depth" sex scenes, as it would further strain the team to do so. It's a bummer but seems to be a fair compromise since the team is only 3 people.
They then apologize that they won't be able to make the planned release of December 2022, and say that they hope to release the DLC in January 2023. Their wording suggests that many features in the DLC weren't in the original plan, so they're moving the release back in order to accommodate the requested features.

blerghit

Reputation score
They then apologize that they won't be able to make the planned release of December 2022, and say that they hope to release the DLC in January 2023. Their wording suggests that many features in the DLC weren't in the original plan, so they're moving the release back in order to accommodate the requested features.
Feature creep, the worst enemy of indie games and release dates...

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Feature creep, the worst enemy of indie games and release dates...
Thankfully this game's already finished! They're just throwing in extra content for slightly priced funsies.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's a Unity game. I have no idea if joiplay works with Unity.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
New blog post
Mostly an update as to the DLC plan. They're adding the requested feature of being able to use the NPCs as units and breed them, but only with the player character. Doesn't sound like you can send them to the brothel or breed them with monsters. Though you can get the NPCs pregnant, there won't be pregnant variants of the "in-depth" sex scenes, as it would further strain the team to do so. It's a bummer but seems to be a fair compromise since the team is only 3 people.
Bleh, who would had thought a game that was supposed to be about monster breeding would just start to focus on wish-fulfillment sex. Not all that surprising though, I suppose.

Mick2000

Reputation score
the DLC just drop, so dev make 2 new page, one is the separate DLC content that you could slap to your currently existed game file, the other is just main game but complete with the DLC so no hassle of applying the DLC, of course you don't need to buy the latter if you already bought the main game before this
-> DLC only
-> full version, main game + DLC applied

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It does look like you need to start a new game to get access to the DLC characters - I'm guessing the game is coded to have characters appear on Day X so the flag is never triggered on an existing save.

Kind of a shame I can't simply add all of the new stuff to my existing slice of hell, though.

Edit: The tentacle stuff spawns on Day 6, and I am kicking myself for having tutorials turned off when that happened. You get a room immediately but if I stick a girl in there nothing happens. EDIT: Recognized bug, fixed with patch 2.0.3.

Also, you get to pick the order in which you get the support NPCs now.

Second edit: Okay, having tutorials turned off breaks your first tentacle room, but if you make a second one (costs 3 eggs and 100 essence) it works normally.

Third edit: The enslaved helper NPCs basically become new elite slave sources, though their special abilities generally aren't as good as the granted elite slaves. They're also weirdly difficult to impregnate and the player unit resets back to his house's starting room each time he finishes with one. So a little quirky.

Also, slaves bred with the new elite sheep girl turn into humans after they grow up. THough apparently a patch released just today (1/28/23) fixes this.

Last edited:

blerghit

Reputation score
Its nice, really liked the original and this is just more of the good content. Had one bug, fairies moved rune into the first training room for some reason, but save and load fixed it.
The tentacleroom animations alone were worth it for me, and im just starting to get the brainwashing done, the brainwashed sex was ok, but nothing amazing.

Edit:
Anyone know why i didnt get the Rune ending even with the goals met according to what gallery states? (100 tentacle rooms created, 100 eggs sold, all NPCs mindcontrolled)
Did the harem end CG2 override it or is there some bug?
edit2
they fixed the bug.
5. Changed the number of conditions required for each Rune ending from 101 to 100

Third edit: The enslaved helper NPCs basically become new elite slave sources, though their special abilities generally aren't as good as the granted elite slaves. They're also weirdly difficult to impregnate and the player unit resets back to his house's starting room each time he finishes with one. So a little quirky.
There might be some bugs there, even with 100% preg chance and aphrodisiac so always cum inside they wouldnt get pregnant unless i was waiting and watching over them instead of going over and managing my empire.

Last edited:

tycho0042

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I can't seem to get the option to build my estate. I had hit day 50 and the tutorial popped up to build it, but the game softlocked. I closed the game and loaded the file, but the option to build the estate never came back up. Is there a fix for this or do I just have to start over?

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think I saw that being mentioned as a recent bug fix.

You probably just need to download the most recent patch. There's sometimes a delay between the patch announcement and DLSite actually having it available to download, though.

Halcyon722

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So the team put out a new blogpost, thanking everybody for their support of MBM. It would seem that, aside from bugfixes, they're officially finished with developing MBM and will be moving on to the as-yet-unnamed RPG project. They give a preview of different character designs. In addition to existing races (like human, neko, dwarf, elf, and dragon), they show off that there will be more "monstrous" races like oni, goblins, kitsune, minotaurs, and (most excitingly for me) lamia/naga.
If I understand correctly, it seems that each class is locked to each race. Every elf is an archer, every neko is a thief, etc.
image.png
They finish off by outlining changes in their pledge plan, adding options of pledging up to 2000 yen (about $15). Similar to before however, 300 yen gives access to the trial, and anything more is simply for the sake of supporting the team. All future effort will be focused on this project in full, and they'll be sharing development updates on their Ci-en.