What's new

Tentacle Defense

darent

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Defense

This are great ideas, it just may be a good game, but I didnt saw anyone who can program... so, well, I volunteer. Im an experienced programmer and Im willing to start this proyect... unfortunatelly, i suck at drawing... so... I'm gonna need some CG artists...

just contact me via PM, I really want to play this game already, lol

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you have a character sheet? LIke a list of all the things you need drawings for?

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you have (...) a list of all the things you need drawings for?
I'll note a short list of what is needed graphics wise, as far as I can tell:
Tentacles
Girls

...That's probably all we really need, apart from the ground, a UI, and maybe some building the girls are trying to reach.

We're most likely doing either sprite-based 2d stuff, or we're abusing Warcraft 3's engine and making 3d models. I personally think 2d sprites look better, if you can make sprites and things as opposed to 3d.

If you want more specific descriptions for what to create (i.e. a valkyrie girl, or a tentacle monster that looks like a palm tree), you'll have to wait for the programmer to get the base idea for the game's units down before you start. I think you should just create random tentacles and girls, give the tentacles animations to screw the girls, and then the programmer can work them into a part of the game. Alternately, you can wait for a programmer to get the outline of the game done (will take a while) and then create whatever they need. I find the first option is faster because you can work simultaneously with the programmer, even though there may be some sprites/models that you make and do not get used.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, since I am as stated not an animation kinda guy, I was more thinking backgrounds and stuff. Also, if you want I can make a storyline:)

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

This are great ideas, it just may be a good game, but I didnt saw anyone who can program... so, well, I volunteer. Im an experienced programmer and Im willing to start this proyect... unfortunatelly, i suck at drawing... so... I'm gonna need some CG artists...

just contact me via PM, I really want to play this game already, lol
As long as the code is well documented. I would recommend flash for this, even so I despise action script.

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

well... just give me some images to start and I'll see what I can do, hehe

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

would all passengers please fasten your seat-belts for take-off this is going to be a fairly comfortable flight with only small amounts of tentacular turbulence and maybe a programming fistfight or 2 please enjoy the ride and thankyou for flying "Air WTF" Have a Nice Day :)

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok, I'll see if I can brush off the dust from my allready poor drawing disabilities.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I SOO need a working scanner now...

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Bah ha ha, this sounds like fun. XD

Is it all pixel art or can it be otherwise? Have you got all the artists you need? How many animations do you want? How many levels, etc? X3 Have you got all of your artists and idea/character/monster generators on board yet?

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Just start working wallpaper, we're gonna need everyone we can get on this one.

Also, I'll have to draw on a PC, and since getting a new PC I don't have a good drawing program. Any suggestions? (It'd be nice if it's vector-based...)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

You want vector-based images? Adoble Illustrator's nice, but probably costs an arm and a leg.

XD I just want to know what other people are going to be doing because I want to sync up the style a little... I have a feeling that I could more easily imitate other styles than people could imitate me. I'd also like to get a list that I can check off so that I'm not doing extraneous work that's not going to get included! :p

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Personally, I was expecting most of it to be sprite based, but with the mention of vector images... hmmm :3

That said, I'm certain our players will enjoy being rewarded with a hefty gallery of ULMF hentai. :D

We do need to come to a decision though on who is attacking, and who is defending. Good examples have appeared on both sides - monsters vs you, or women vs you.

What does everyone feel like? Do they want just one of these modes, or perhaps both (a dual pack, like super mario brothers / duck hunt game pack.)?

As for the number of artists, the more the merrier. After seeing some of your stuff Wallpaper, you're always welcome to join the ranks.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Personally, I was expecting most of it to be sprite based, but with the mention of vector images... hmmm :3

That said, I'm certain our players will enjoy being rewarded with a hefty gallery of ULMF hentai. :D

We do need to come to a decision though on who is attacking, and who is defending. Good examples have appeared on both sides - monsters vs you, or women vs you.

What does everyone feel like? Do they want just one of these modes, or perhaps both (a dual pack, like super mario brothers / duck hunt game pack.)?

As for the number of artists, the more the merrier. After seeing some of your stuff Wallpaper, you're always welcome to join the ranks.
I'm in for the double side. I could do the female enemy sketches if I can get the scanner to work on the laptop, thinking of trying tomorrow ;3

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I asked my SO and she says that the women-as-enemies would be more silly than sexy (lol, line of marching women that get screwed and dragged underground) but I'm not sure how having tentacles as adversaries would work for animations, save the typical 'shoot them and they explode'. XD That'd be a more serious game I guess...

Me, I like the idea of having lines of marching women and sexing tentacles across the screen. XDDD

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Me too! Speaking of, a particular tentacle monster and a kitsune are desperately waiting for you over at a certain ranch! GO NOAW!

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

In my response to my earlier post, I could probably help no matter what way, but I still like my earlier idea I tossed out with the combating towers vs. combating units. More like a 'slay the attackers with defenders' game, but could work as a TD too (Warcraft nuts, look at Skibi's Castle TD for my idea, minus minigames.)

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I was kinda thinking something along the lines of: You are a Tentacle-moster-leader-thing, and you have a HUGE dungeon filled with females, most are asleep in stasis, so they don't age, and every now and again, you wake some up to feed you. Clishé sexual energy and such. Problem is, one of your helpers accidentally screwed up on the waking process, so now you have to make sure they don't escape.

Or you could have it so that warriors are sent at you, and when they reach you they free some women, and they all have to go back the way they came. But that'll be hard to balance.

And I'm still looking for a free vector-based drawing program, so if anyone has any ideas, gimme.:p

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I believe you can find older versions of the Corel Suite online for free of their site, they were the people who invented Vector weren't they?