What's new

Tentacle Lair Evolution!

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Lair Evolution!

Agreed, climbing mountains leads to spiritual wisdom in every case I can think of.

1 it is!

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

"I told you so" count = 3

More shenanigans with puzzles. Not my forte. 3 can be taken out of the list as well.. 50 energy is not likely enough to get out. Stretching out the aura to see if anything else is trapped within would be a good idea given the situation. Leveraging whatever is potentially trapped would be the best manner of escape I think. Exploring the trap I think is a waste of time.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ergh my brian am not thinky at puzil gooder

Errthing will cost something! Therefore I say we do 4. Hopefuly, it'll be really good! But maybe this servant figured critters would think of that, and it'll be fucking hilari- I mean, horrific. Gamble!

Last edited:

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

4, Just to tie it up!

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I am hoping and guessing that inactivity wont trigger anything, just the wrong choices ending in well trappery.
So I am going to vote for 4
If there is an obvious chance to think things through, or get some hints/clues, then we should take it!
Only with the condition that we keep Zel from doing anything before we get the aura sense back.
Too tired or i would post more, explain muh thinking and such.

OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

4 – Search the nature of the trap

Current Status:

Small Young Black Tentacle
Health: 50/50
Energy: 5/1500 -low energy warning-

Overlord Energy 125
Abilities: Stealth I, Infest I, Symbiosis I, Aura Sense I, Perception, Influence, Ovipositor
Host: Zelari – Harpy, great condition (unaware, symbiosis active, egged)

DATA:
Time: Morning
Allies: Hul’jet (Floor 1 Sigil Crypt); of Zelari: Cambor “Blades” & Ket (F2 North, both egged)
Known Entities: Runestone (F3 North), Purple Spawn and Necromancer (F3 East), Green & Blue Spawn (F1 South?), Demonic Aura (F2 West), Three Dead Orcs (F1))
Yes, it would be best to determine the nature of this place before venturing too far. As you reach out your aura you can feel the flow of energy across the astral plane, darting along the many paths in every direction. They live only a short while. It would seem that the price is literally one paid in energy, increasing as you travel more pathways. Even if you didn’t hit a trap you could easily be stranded after one too many dead ends. The question is what energy will work. You could use your own, but you’re not keen to invite disaster this early in the expedition. Two patterns keep recurring: offering and sacrifice. Each would yield different risks and results depending on your starting point.

“Looking for something?”

You spin at the voice, finding an impish-looking old woman smiling and gazing at you through closed eyes. Yorin! Something’s off, though. She has no aura.

“Hee hee hee! You seem to be a bit lost, no?” she cackles, “feel free to stay, for as long as you like!

“Yorin!” you say, deciding on a plan, “Yorin, it is I, your master.”

“Oh?” Her grin widens. “If that’s the case then just say the word and the path will open.” Damn! What you wouldn’t do to have all your memories back. Wracking your brain for any glimmer of memory, you come up blank. “Yorin, listen closely. I have recently incarnated and I don’t have full access to my memories. If you doubt me, consult with Hul’jet. His spirit resides above here.”

“Heh, that old codger’s still kicking? Guess his magic kept him ticking.
But if what you say is true, it hardly proves that you are you.
Another spawn would say the same. ‘Twere master true, you’ll beat this game.”

“Tell me this, then: what would you offer were you in my place?”

The bent old woman ponders, then says “More like master now, you sound. For myself, the game is bound. The choice depends upon the stone – an off’ring demonstrates its tone.”
Aargh! More riddles! Admirable caution, you grudgingly admit, but now is not the time! “What about the energy required? What about something definite!?.”

“Eager, are we, to test the limits? Well they say to know it, you have to live it!

Your consciousness feels like it’s diffusing even as the world seems to melt around you. In its place lies a writhing mass of astral strands moving and twisting amongst each other like a living thing. You try to discern a pattern in its movements, a hint as to where traps will appear, but there’s no rhyme or reason to it. Wait. Living? That’s it! The entire astral maze is the trap, it’s a creature meant to devour those who unlock the seal! As you complete the thought, it engulfs you.

Your mind mixes with its own, weaving the inchoate tendrils into a scene. A temple, lit by smoky torchlight. The abyssal runes carved into the obsidian altar glow with energy as the high priest chants in a misbegotten tongue. “Exhult! The master descends!”

Below, a mass of undulating bodies sways orgiastically to the rhythm of desire. You can feel their thoughts rising in unison, a fever dream of carnal ecstasy heightening towards delirium with each beat of the ritual drums. Here, a woman braces her back against a pillar as her lover reaches climax inside of her. There, a man pants and moans as three beauties alternately fellate him, smother him in their breasts, and fondle his asshole. In the corner two women lie together, each caressing and licking the other as they become one in pleasure. Throughout the room the scenes repeat over and over, a sea of Bacchanalian debauchery answering every kink and desire. You are all of them. Embodying their desire, feeding off it, you urge the orgy towards its peak. It will come soon. Even now the scent of sweat and lust is almost too much to resist, the allure of unrestrained desire a siren’s call to your eager body.

“Make your offering!” cries the high priest, and as one the worshippers climax. A flood of sexual fluids washes across the room amidst the moans of the crowd and the deafening beat of the drums. The torches dim, and wave after wave of pleasure erupts from the crowd, drawing on your energies to sustain the flow and returning their offering of power in return. You draw it into yourself, feeling your strength returning.

But as soon as you gain it, the energy drains out. The plane itself absorbs the energy, and soon you’re fighting frantically as it strips shred after shred of your own energy!

You fight with all you will, lashing out against the darkness even as it again threatens to engulf you. That’s right, the trap!. The creature, it must feed off of your desires! But where did this come from?

As you look over the room from body to body you feel a strange sense of familiarity. The priest, he looks like Hul’jet, only younger! Your own memories used against you as part of the trap. But if this is a memory, it also means you’re at your full power!

With a single though black tentacles erupt from the floor, flailing about and indiscriminately grabbing members of the crowd. The tentacles fuck them wildly, violating every hole with their wet mass as they draw energy back to you. Still larger ones burst forth around the altar, rising into the darkness to strike against your unseen opponent. You can feel them connect with something solid, coiling around the astral strands in a deathgrip even as arcane currents lash back at them. One breaks, then another, spewing green ichor across the ground. But even as they fall you can sense the drain weakening. You retract the other tentacles and focus on the attack, your followers now exhausted. Another tentacle snaps. Just a little longer…

Soon it is over. You slump in exhaustion, unable to continue the fight. Your captor remains, but the drain is too weak to override your will. It’s a stalemate. But something else catches your attention. Bound on the altar, a woman with fair skin and dark hair. She struggles against her bonds, but it’s hopeless. She seems strangely familiar, but try as you might you can’t place her. The others in the room all lie passed out, exhausted from the ordeal. It is up to you. A voice in the darkness whispers “Judgment.”

Judgment indeed, but for whom? A fainter whisper, “No.” The flows here are weakened; it is part of the trap but it is not a trap itself. You can feel it linked to something within the maze. The question is what it will do.

You’ll need to make a decision soon, while the trap is still weak…
1.) Unbind the captive with your blessing. If she is not the trap, perhaps she the key to the puzzle.
2.) Violate the captive! Let her be your sacrifice, the power to break the trap!
3.) Infuse your essence in the captive. Scattered consciousness is a weakness in the state you’re in now.
4.) It must be another diversion! Ignore it, try to reach out with aura sense and find some other way out while there’s time!

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I say 1 or 3....... If it feeds on our desires then maybe not giving into them will weaken it......... Ah fuck it...... 1. Release the woman.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm gonna guess that it's symbolic... the question is, is it symbolic of what happens to the prisoner behind the door, or what happens to us in the trap?

I vote 1.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

"I told you so" count = 4

Yet again another situation where energy is seemingly neccesary and not in any real supply. The real problem here is that I dont like any choice. Option 4 seems like it would cause undue delay and allow the trap to consume more energy which would be bad as there is no energy left to consume. Losing control while in a trap would condemn the whole to the trap.

Option 1 seems bad as well. Simply freeing the captive goes against the whole "offering" that is available. Therefore it is a decision between option 2 or option 3. Either offer the "sacrifice" of the person on the altar or offer ourselves as the sacrifice. I am not too keen to offer ourselves as a sacrifice so I am leaning initally away from option 3. Option 2 has the drawback of the trap itself absorbing the energy it seems from any sexual encounter.

I think its a damned if you do and damned if you do not situation. Right now I think option 2 is the better choice. Though its very well possible that I could change my mind and go for option 3 if I think about it again tomorrow. I see no benefit in options 1 or 4.

2 (for now)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Seems this 'i told you so' counter stems from your half of the vote. Odd how you would count that...))

It has to be symbolic, that much is certain.

"Another spawn would say the same" indicates that this whole trap was built with the possibility in mind of another spawn. The most obvious thing a lesser tentacle would do would be to fuck the woman, so we can't do that. That means 2 should be out.

The entire trap has the overarching choice from before: The Open Palm or the Closed Fist. Do we take what we want by force, or use subtlety and manipulation to achieve our goals? Earlier, we had the black gem, gemini, hinting of bonds, or the yellow gem, taurus, hinting at force. It's been the same decision the whole time.

Hmm, the captive is familiar. Could it be Yorin, younger and harder to recognize, just as we didn't realize Hul'jet at first. "For myself, the game is bound", hmm...

I'm undecided between 1 and 3, but for now I will vote 1. Our decision is symbolic of the whole thing, and 2 seems to be the brute force style, which I don't like. 3 holds possibilities, but I'm worried about placing ourselves too deeply into the illusion.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damnable brainery. I'll just back Shrike here until we can get back to molesting people and get dat fukken runestone and whatnot.

Assuming we are not eaten by the door, anyway. Also, I vote we drill around or detonate the next door we come across.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

((Any instance where having more energy would have changed the outcome adds one to the counter. For example being able to have just powered out of the trap in the first place))

I readily admit that these word riddles are not my forte. I am thinking that the sacrifice is there for the past version of us for the taking. This is pretty clearly a flashback from the past and we are now reliving an event from that past. I think that any other option aside from the obvious here might just be overthinking the situation. There is a tentacle monster (us) and an offering at the altar that is most likely meant for us. I dont see anything more that needs to be examined right now.

((Would any of these new found spells or powers that were from the orbs be reflected in the character status))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

There were three incantations, binding, draining, and freedom. We seem to have all three of those options already, with no mention of them, so I'm not sure what they need them for.

I agree that this is a memory, but since we recognize the sacrifice, it must hold some importance. Perhaps this is the memory of how Yorin became an ally? We spared her and she became the apparently useful servant we saw, instead of becoming just another womb on the wall. The image of her seems to think we would hold the answer when no other tentacle would, maybe that's why. Any other spawn would just dive right in, that just seems too simple to me. *shrugs*

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

If Hul'Jet was recognised in this from his younger form would not Yorin also be recognised in a younger form? Maybe I am just thinking so sideways that I am just defaulting to the simplest solution might just be the best, but I think its a situation overall that would just require some simple solution to break out of the so called trap. It is then my opinion that simply doing what tentacle monsters do is the solution. Though its not like I am horribly dead set that this choice is any more correct or incorrect than any other in this situation (aside from option 4 being a bad idea on any level). I could accept a valid argument of any of the first three options being the best option.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

It took us a bit to recognize hul'jet, and we've only just looked at this woman. Also, if we are using what we knew at the original time of the memory, we'd have known hul'jet for a while, and this would be our first encounter with Yorin. I'm not horribly enamored with the choices either, I just feel that in order to prove we are the Master, we have to distinguish ourselves, prove we're not just any tentacle spawn. Therefor, doing what any tentacle would do is probably a bad idea. That's my main reasoning.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I apologize if I'm cutting in unduly where I am not welcome. However, if I may...

1: This option is, as Shrike has stated, the open palm subtlety gain a new ally because you didn't waste another resources. Whilst this is a far, far more extreme of what the group has been doing in general, this is an example of what this tentacle creature seems to be designed for, as every action that has been done have been done to build along a combination of stealth and subtlety, avoiding letting anyone know what has been done and trying to distort or confuse those who might guess, even going so far as to allow an entity controlled enough to be able to determine which choice we'd use the freedom to do what -it- wanted when a small amount of energy was provided. Furthermore, as has been noted several times "For myself, the game is bound," gives, if we are to go for the ludicrous possibility, that this servant Yorin is bound, however that is the more minute of possibilities, as that is presuming literal translation, and not metaphorical (Bound = Going to be the same every time regardless, going to occur again anyway, going to)
2: It has already become blindingly obvious that draining energy isn't going to get anyone anywhere in here. Pardon me if I misread, but take a look at the entire second half of the post. Any energy we drained, through any action, pretty much just fizzled as the trap drained it and used it, the desire, against us. To my mind, that means that the trap will just get harder up ahead.
3: Honestly, this one seems to be the one that this creature would automatically do. If we look at the recent past, any time there was no hiding/sneaking, there was multiplication on the mind. Any time multiplication wasn't on the mind, a host was. Strength in restraint seemed to be an obscure concept utterly beyond the creatures actions. However, again, this could well be another portion of the trap. The entire map is one large, overly enthusiastically prepared mislead, and infusing the mind of this instance with the scenery seems like it would just kill us. Even if it -is- just the way it is supposed to be done, think about it, that's the route to accepting that this is 'real', and having a mind saying that it is is...well, dangerous, given that being aware of the trap -probably- isn't going to make the scenario any harder.
4: Ignoring it isn't...it doesn't make sense. A riddle might have many pieces, and some might do well to be ignored, but utterly ignoring the pieces of the puzzle only furthers its' own ignorance. And that dooms all of the fragments and the wounded psychoses.

TL;DR = I vote 1.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I apologize if I'm cutting in unduly where I am not welcome. However, if I may...

1: This option is, as Shrike has stated, the open palm subtlety gain a new ally because you didn't waste another resources. Whilst this is a far, far more extreme of what the group has been doing in general, this is an example of what this tentacle creature seems to be designed for, as every action that has been done have been done to build along a combination of stealth and subtlety, avoiding letting anyone know what has been done and trying to distort or confuse those who might guess, even going so far as to allow an entity controlled enough to be able to determine which choice we'd use the freedom to do what -it- wanted when a small amount of energy was provided. Furthermore, as has been noted several times "For myself, the game is bound," gives, if we are to go for the ludicrous possibility, that this servant Yorin is bound, however that is the more minute of possibilities, as that is presuming literal translation, and not metaphorical (Bound = Going to be the same every time regardless, going to occur again anyway, going to)
2: It has already become blindingly obvious that draining energy isn't going to get anyone anywhere in here. Pardon me if I misread, but take a look at the entire second half of the post. Any energy we drained, through any action, pretty much just fizzled as the trap drained it and used it, the desire, against us. To my mind, that means that the trap will just get harder up ahead.
3: Honestly, this one seems to be the one that this creature would automatically do. If we look at the recent past, any time there was no hiding/sneaking, there was multiplication on the mind. Any time multiplication wasn't on the mind, a host was. Strength in restraint seemed to be an obscure concept utterly beyond the creatures actions. However, again, this could well be another portion of the trap. The entire map is one large, overly enthusiastically prepared mislead, and infusing the mind of this instance with the scenery seems like it would just kill us. Even if it -is- just the way it is supposed to be done, think about it, that's the route to accepting that this is 'real', and having a mind saying that it is is...well, dangerous, given that being aware of the trap -probably- isn't going to make the scenario any harder.
4: Ignoring it isn't...it doesn't make sense. A riddle might have many pieces, and some might do well to be ignored, but utterly ignoring the pieces of the puzzle only furthers its' own ignorance. And that dooms all of the fragments and the wounded psychoses.

TL;DR = I vote 1.
I read it, and I agree. 1

OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1 – Free the captive!

Current Status:

Small Young Black Tentacle
Health: 50/50
Energy: 0/1500 -energy critical, in control due to overlord’s will-

Overlord Energy 75
Abilities: Stealth I, Infest I, Symbiosis I, Aura Sense I, Perception, Influence, Ovipositor
Host: Zelari – Harpy, great condition (unaware, symbiosis active, egged)
Items: Astral Ruby (carried, charged)

DATA:
Time: Morning
Allies: Hul’jet (Floor 1 Sigil Crypt); of Zelari: Cambor “Blades” & Ket (F2 North, both egged)
Known Entities: Runestone (F3 North), Slateblue Spawn and Necromancer (F3 East), Green & Blue Spawn (F1 South?), Demonic Aura (F2 West), Three Dead Orcs (F1))
You can’t shake the feeling of familiarity you feel looking at your captive. She’s not quite like anyone you remember, but you can’t say you’re memory has a great track record lately. What’s important is that if it is a memory, only you should feel this familiarity. If you’re right, it’s the perfect trap to catch any spawn but you. Alright then.

You will the shackles to unlock. The woman quickly undoes the gag and moves towards you, looking upwards with pleading eyes. “My thanks. I… I need energy.” She stands firm, but her trembling muscles betray her state. You’re moved by something akin to pity. At the same time you’re intrigued by this woman who faces fear despite her weakness.

A price no matter the path, is it? At your behest a tentacle emerges from the ground. It wraps around her slowly, gently inviting her to join you. She pauses, uncertain. You morph the tentacle’s tip into a cock to make your intentions clear.

It’s enough. With a smile of thanks she takes it in one hand and strokes its length. It’s electric. Whatever she’s doing, it’s linking its way straight to you. She takes the tip into her mouth. Instinctively you begin thrusting back and forth, twisting around her tongue in mutual embrace. She throws her head back, black mane flying through the air as she drags the sinuous mass down on top of her. “Please,” she mouths silently. Those eyes! Pure need looks up at you, dilated pupils pulling you into their depths. You’re assaulted by a surge of emotions, a thousand nights in a thousand lovers’ arms, then a thousand of waiting. It’s too much! You wrap the tentacle more tightly around her body, it’s length rippling with contractions as it pumps its seed into her waiting mouth. She drinks it greedily, like a desert traveler come to an oasis.

Her throat bulges with gout after gout of your cum, sucking out the last of your energy. An energy link! Was this the trap?

The woman wipes her mouth and smiles as the tentacle goes slack. “Done already? But we were just getting started.” She says it nonchalantly, a stark contrast to her previous demeanor. One hand still on the exhausted tentacle, she inserts the tip in her vagina. No! This wasn’t the intention!.

“If that were true you’d have said it before we started,” she says, seeming to hear you thoughts, “after all, a contract’s a contract.” Her insides tighten around the tentacle and a rush of pleasure shoots through you. Again! Her smooth contractions coax another burst of hot cum from the tentacle.

If she drains any more energy it could disrupt this astral body. Trapped as you are, it’s a dire prospect. Still, you don’t sense malice from the girl. What’s more, none of this energy is flowing towards the trap. If anything, it’s the other way around! Seizing the initiative, you channel your overlord consciousness above the others, pouring reserves of energy into the effort. The tentacle snaps back to live, joining in with renewed vigor. The woman’s panting now, eyes unfocused, searching. For an instant your minds touch, and you realize you seek the same thing: release.

Determination aflame, you throw yourself into the act. Tendrils spout from the side of the tentacle, twining around her clit and sliding inside up against her g-spot. Her back arches as you pour into her, wrapping your consciousness around her own to intensify the feeling. Rough rings grow down your length. As the stimulation increases so does your pace. Her response follows, muscles convulsing in anticipation. You again cum, pressing the tentacle deep inside of her as the sticky fluid sprays out, filling her until the excess pours out of her pussy. You’re losing energy, but right now you are in control. This too the woman seems to sense, abandoning herself to you utterly as your bodies reach a crescendo.

With a cry the woman climaxes, her orgasmic contractions sucking out your seed. The world is a haze of pleasure. The tentacle withdraws, painting her body white with cum before plunging back into her. You have just enough presence of mind to reach out to the astral trap, linking it to the woman as she sucks it in. She comes again, twice, three times, the white drug of pleasure drowning out the rest of your reality. Her cries echo through the chamber, finally fading as the orgy reaches its end.

When you recover you feel free, as if a weight was lifted off your back. There’s no drain on you, no friction. The trap is still here, but it’s weak, very weak. Your erstwhile partner calls softly, “Thank you.”

Still breathing heavily, she props herself up onto the altar and regards you. Recovering, she says, “Your kindness is more than I could have asked. It’s been solong. But you broke the cycle.” She reaches her hand into the stone of the altar and withdraws a sparkling ruby. “This is for you” she says, bowing, “A final path to travel if you so choose.”

“My pleasure,” you reply, and that much is true. “Do you know the way through this trap?”

“If you seek the seal, the demon’s hand holds the path you’ll use,” she says, “The runes reversed tell of which to choose.”

Again with riddles. Could it be? “Yorin?” you ask.

“’Tis part of her, but not quite me.
I am but a memory.
An image in the dark made real,
Reflection of the rule of three,
Each part is one who’s known to you,
If really you’re the master true.
Take heed: think hard the path of your mercy,
When finally you pass the seal.”

“What of this maze? Of all your aid that answer is most dear to me.”

“That answer held you all along
Gemini is your rune and song,
If you just let your double know.”

It makes sense – the price of the offering! The other details can wait!

“I thank you for your service. In time I will return, but for now I bid you farewell.” The spirit nods, simply accepting your praise as she fades away. You circle the altar, reading the runes as you search for the sign of Gemini. Soon you have it, the rune chal. You utter it but cannot give it voice. As expected.

Gathering your consciousness from the astral void, you rise up, reaching towards the mortal plane. You can feel a connection, faint but firm. Zelari’s mind, your ever-constant pilot light. Throughout the ordeal some part of her has always been with you, if unnoticed at the time.

“Chal”

You send the word and she repeats it. You rise, hurtling towards her, drawing fragments of your consciousness with you. It’s the strongest influence you’ve yet used, but any questions she might raise are infinitely preferable to remaining here. With a slight pull the maze release you into the bright reality of the mortal world.

The trap defeated, your path to the goal lay nearly free. The most important thing now was the approach. Offering, sacrifice, and the gems. Which path would yield the most benefit? Energized from your recent ordeal, you feel ready to take on the world. Yet some part of you realizes that this is a temporary high – your energy simply won’t support it for long.

Well, you laugh to yourself, there’s a solution to that if need be.. The harpy is soaking wet, barely able to contain her arousal. It seems even in the astral, the link cut both ways. Combine that with the heightened time flow in the astral and it must have been a hell of a trip. As if to emphasize your point Zelari shifts uncomfortably.

First, to address your own needs. Perhaps you can even use this…
A.) Press on while you’re still in control!
B.) Convince Zelari to go visit Cam for a quickie. Tackle the gate once you’ve replenished your reserves.
C.) Energy, now! Intensify the feelings, influence Zelari to pleasure herself here.

Then, what to do about the seal?
1.) Unlock the seal with the black gem
2.) Unlock the seal with the yellow gem
3.) Unlock the seal with the red gem. Use influence to rationalize it.
4.) Enough of this! Deal with the trap later, after the runestone!
5.) Try unlocking the seal with some other method (specify)