Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Lair Evolution!

I'm still going with a nice solid A.

Nirakei

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Disrupt Purple, then bluff E. Necro might be more open from our show of strength, considering he and Purple won't know it can only be used once (so far).

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Plotting and scheming editted in favor of intentional misinterpretation.

However, just a few suggestions. First off, share our memory of purple down to the last detail. Do not edit anything, do not take anything away, do not add anything. Purple likes to kill its' minions, it does so habitually. Next off, let the necro know that purple is currently helpless. With luck, he'll take advantage of that situation. Weaken the soulbind to boost Asabi's strength (Or remove it entirely), she's helpful, she has been nice, she has been smart, if she's actively against us, then she deserves a reward for her cleverness, if she's genuine, then she deserves a reward for her helpfulness. It's time to play "Rout the blackguards against us". We're in a rush, so if we can get a better deal from the necro then Zelari, take it, if we can't, then the memory + the fact purple's weak might be enough to get the Necro to off Purple immediately rather then die after purp absorbs what's in this room. Mentally demand or request Asabi start shoring up whatever defenses against outside intrusions she can while we make the deal, so Zelari is vaguely surprised. If we can get both on our side, don't begrudge ourselves that possibility, we are the corruptor, after all, we convince people of our fundamental rightness, but if we can't, then so be it, kill Zelari and Cambor, and take Ket as an ally. She'll be sad, and that might qualify as an emotional assault, but honestly, if we're going to go out, mightaswell be with a blaze of glory and another tentacle dead due to our machinations. Pass on knowledge of purple as an overall mental announcement, let everyone know about it, cambor, zelari, ket, and let them see the fundamental truth. If they ignore our memories of the past, then alright, but an extra five seconds of hesitation is always helpful, especially when we're making negotiations. Do not mention that we have another offer ourselves. If we get a better deal with the necro, rush to do C, Cambor will have to take the full weight of Ket due to the fact that he's holding her. Zelari is the last remaining piece, and with luck this will catch her by surprise.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Done, that sounds like the best we've got right now.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

D'arvit. Time to pull out toys. Every last trick I can think of to tempt a mage to our side.

1: It's a he, he's keeping a sorceress around, he's got a tentacle monster he's keeping grabbing that sorceress. He's got lust as a cardinal sin. Inform him of our assets, most notably a rather powerful lust demon. Even if he's an old school "Learn from the dead" necro, he is not immune to lust.
2: It's a necromancer, translated that means "Learns from the dead". We have 500 year old knowledge locked somewhere in our collective noggins. Given time, we've got dead knowledge that he could never learn otherwise. Purple plans on killing him off, and you can't fake truth down to the aura to that extent.
3: It's a mage, Zelari has quite a few magic artifacts, we can weaken Zelari with our little rush, offer whatever Zelari and Cambor have got that has a noteworthy magical blip. I am done playing nice.
4: Point out we have two magical creature allies, appeal to ego, one of them wishes to learn magic...from him. Ket has openly acknowledged to wanting to learn magic, and I have yet to meet a scholar who did not openly want to brag about / take advantage of, his or her knowledge, play off of his ego.
5: Note the mana orbs in the prison we've facilitated and promise them to him. Don't bother with a blood oath, just have it be an opener for the bidding. 80 Energy to us is doubtless infinitely more to a trained mage operating such a toy.
6: Don't sound too desperate, point out how easily we overpowered Purple, state that we are currently attempting to deal with treacherous allies and don't want to fight both sides simultaneously, it would be most unpleasant and inconvenient, after all.
7: If necessary, wait until after he's in the room to use C. If it's possible in the slightest we can get all of them to die together, and Necromancers are not infamous for their skill with barriers.
8: Pray blue did not eat purple and that was not what that whole slate-blue pandemic six steps ago was about.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

For the time beind Chameon has my full support and backing, no sense in bickering over details with a ticking clock.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

I was nice before, now I am not feeling it anymore. Either be good enough that people accept you or create a large enough crater that those who no longer exist.
1: Zelari and Cambor have previously negatively effected this necromancer. Offer their heads on a platter if need be, although slavery is preferred, do not hesitate in the slightest. They have gone so far as to make an offer that is nothing more then the ultimate way of eliminating any chance of equivalent alliance. No fucking with us is fine, no mindcontrol is fine, no manipulation...fine. But no communication is saying that you are no more worthy then a pet. They have made themselves an enemy.
2: Reward Asabi however possible after the fact, she probably will enjoy the chaos, but she has been extremely loyal given her experiences, and the plan risks her life moreso then anybody else has, so best to pay her off as well as we can for loyalty.
3: Do not let the necromancer so much as finish a thought indicating that we might not be trustworthy. We gave terms to them, we tried to be reasonable, but their latest deal has us as little more then a pet guarding their local alraune, incapable of doing or communicating anything.

I had to edit out two options as they were just my new-found quietly lurking evil side surfacing briefly to attempt to murder everyone. Best to not let that out too soon. I do hate that Zelari so rushes this, but I play diplomacy, and she just destroyed any chance of me doing anything if I played in a fair, reasonable, or trustworthy manner.

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I vote for Option C. We don't have to make any more bloody deals, we just metaphorically throw the dice and see what happens.
Fingers crosses, the floor collapses, Asabi is mortally injured, we seize the Runestone, use it heal her, then make good our escape while the Necromancer can only shake his fist in fury.

Obviously it wouldn't actually work out like that, but I trust tora to improvise pretty well on our behalf, lol.

As I've already mentioned, the best thing about this Option C is no more politics. We don't have to guess and second guess the action of all those around us, we just instigate a good ol' fashioned brawl.

Whatever we do, we can't retreat. Looking back at the first page, it said Purple Tentacles (what's allied with Necro, right?) can become incredibly powerful magically, with the most powerful having a degree of control over time and space. We're so fucked in the long-term if Purple gets the Runestone. I'd rather destroy it ourselves than let it fall into his han- tentacles.

By the way, in the far, distance future... assuming we're still alive and everything, and all this is forgotten... it might be nice to have a pet project. Say, capturing Zelari and Cam. Then subjecting them to a great deal of tentacles. Their lack of cooperation at critical moments has really not been too helpful.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, now that everybody's egged each other into another round of double-crossing and betrayal, I'll post some thinking.

You guys tried something fancy, it didn't work. Quit trying to avoid the penalty.

I don't think we have time for options D or E. My bet is that, should we attempt either of those, Purple will pop out of nowhere, strangle Asabi into submission, and attempt to absorb us. Continuing to attempt to dominate Zelari and Cambor will simply mean they'll cheer Purple on instead of trying to help us. And then, I'll bet, we'll have about thirty seconds to hatch the egg inside Ket and switch to playing as that spawn before Purple finishes destroying our other eggs.

C is iffy. Yes, we can drop down and drag Ket with us. I don't think we have the wherewithal to use the runestone with everybody present (except Ket) gunning for our heads.

B is only a short-term possibility. We have to protect Ket from Purple getting ahold of the runestone, and since it's the runestone's emanations that fuel her soil, we can't leave her here.

Which leaves A, as I voted for earlier. Swallow your pride and admit defeat.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

More Ideas:

1: Suggested by Shrike, being listed by me because I stated aloud I'm going to be listing at least 10 ideas per day until this gets posted, when gaining energy from Runestone, look up the magic disruption evolution to better harm/cow purple if possible.
2: If Necromancer is already dominated by purple, just change the angle from worship to hate, save some time and trouble if it's obvious.
3: Knowledge on how / why blood oaths work would be useful. The simple fact that they're binding is dull, but if it requires blood to be spilled, there are sooooo many ways to mess with other people if we can't see eachother.
4: If necessary/possible, attempt to eliminate Zelari while heading down or apply influence immediately after entering the ward, attempt to make her forget she can fly. A bit of a push, but it's less likely to cause us to pass out comatose then simply dominating her.
5: Cambor is likely to be nearest the hole, protect our host using Influence or hallucinatory images as necessary.
6 : The wards stop us from attempting to manipulate or harm them. They do not stop telepathy. Your mind can go infinitely louder then the voice can. We heard a mandragora's shriek. Mix all of these factors and we have a lovely little entrance, especially given that it is just communication, technically.
7: If plausible, avoid a blood oath with the necromancer, or bluff one, those things are too patched together and likely to result in backstab due to simply chomping at the bit.
8: ???
9: Profit.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

:V

I'm with Matt. When to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, etc.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm switching to A. Explanation and actions spoilered.

Welp gents, ladies, boys and girls of all ages, it took two straight days of Shrike and me chatting for me to remember my favorite book series featuring demons of all time, Bartimaeus. The demons in there are, effectively, slaves, they can only do what they've been told to do. So, they suffer something similar to the blood oaths here. The thing is, is that when you include punctuation, you include an audible pause. So, Zelari has effectively allowed us to choose where the sentences end on her punctuation. Doing so has allowed me to reduce a few sentences that we can mistranslate into pure gibberish. Allow me to list her terms in original formatting, and then in "Chameon-vision/hearing" formatting. Whoopsy, did I just break the Blood oaths system just by recalling a decent quality book? My bad.

You will never use your powers on us, including Ket. And ‘you’ means minions and traps too. You won’t touch us unless we attack you first, and if you do it’s to kill. We’ll work with you now and won’t oppose you until the next moon. If we join it’ll be as allies, not slaves!”

You will never use your powers on us.
Already a marked improvement, we are no longer restrained from touching and manipulating Ket into our minion.

including Ket. Jibberish. hehehe

And ‘you’ means minions and traps too.
Gibberish, it's a separate sentence in the bargain, we can ignore it.

You won’t touch us unless we attack you first.
When the terms are up, we can be turned into breeding slaves, because you no longer have to work with us.
and if you do it’s to kill. Gibberriiiisssssssh

We’ll work with you now and won’t oppose you until the next moon.
Woohoo, they're forced to assist us downstairs when the seal breaks, and can't attack us until after the next moon.

If we join it’ll be as allies.
Ok, cool! Awesome! Epic. Nice announcement!

not slaves!
Gibberish, unfortunate, you know, almost understandable.

We do not lie in the slightest, we take their deal, but at the same time, they just put themselves over the barrel due to correct punctuation and BREATHING.......I LOVE IT!

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not sure if I want to support it, so i'll add a conditional.

If tora is willing to allow this level of... stuff...
Then my vote goes to A

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Welp gents, ladies, boys and girls of all ages, it took two straight days of Shrike and me chatting for me to remember my favorite book series featuring demons of all time, Bartimaeus. The demons in there are, effectively, slaves, they can only do what they've been told to do. So, they suffer something similar to the blood oaths here. The thing is, is that when you include punctuation, you include an audible pause. So, Zelari has effectively allowed us to choose where the sentences end on her punctuation. Doing so has allowed me to reduce a few sentences that we can mistranslate into pure gibberish. Allow me to list her terms in original formatting, and then in "Chameon-vision/hearing" formatting. Whoopsy, did I just break the Blood oaths system just by recalling a decent quality book? My bad.

You will never use your powers on us, including Ket. And ‘you’ means minions and traps too. You won’t touch us unless we attack you first, and if you do it’s to kill. We’ll work with you now and won’t oppose you until the next moon. If we join it’ll be as allies, not slaves!”

You will never use your powers on us.
Already a marked improvement, we are no longer restrained from touching and manipulating Ket into our minion.

including Ket. Jibberish. hehehe

And ‘you’ means minions and traps too.
Gibberish, it's a separate sentence in the bargain, we can ignore it.

You won’t touch us unless we attack you first.
When the terms are up, we can be turned into breeding slaves, because you no longer have to work with us.
and if you do it’s to kill. Gibberriiiisssssssh

We’ll work with you now and won’t oppose you until the next moon.
Woohoo, they're forced to assist us downstairs when the seal breaks, and can't attack us until after the next moon.

If we join it’ll be as allies.
Ok, cool! Awesome! Epic. Nice announcement!

not slaves!
Gibberish, unfortunate, you know, almost understandable.

We do not lie in the slightest, we take their deal, but at the same time, they just put themselves over the barrel due to correct punctuation and BREATHING.......I LOVE IT!
Dear God, I love those books. You are person of impeccable literary taste, good sir.

I'll be amazed if tora lets us get away with something like this, lol - it feels a bit like cheating - but if he does, I'll change my vote to this. (A).

If not, I'm sticking with C.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Huh. Is that why Terms and Conditions are always in all caps and commaless?

They're commaless, right? I can never get very far in them before wondering why the fuck I'm bothering.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Chameon, that is diabolical. If Blood Oaths can work like that, tthen I'll vote A. Otherwise, I wont play anymore.

BTW, how should have Zel worded it?

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Chameon, that is diabolical. If Blood Oaths can work like that, tthen I'll vote A. Otherwise, I wont play anymore.

BTW, how should have Zel worded it?
No commas. No punctuation, no breathing inbetween words. If that's done, I can't corrupt the line (or lines), at all, I can only choose to attempt to take different definitions for each individual word, and that method still requires for the words to make sense in the context that I change it to. Each blood oath really -should- be only a line long, otherwise it allows you to choose to translate each separate line as a different paragraph, utterly unrelated or related at the listeners' intent. Ket might've caught on and that's why she decided to do ours, and if she did, oh well, we're still allowed to talk with her.

In other words, yes, it is quite possible to do a blood oath that'll get us. It's just that I had to pull out a trick that demons -regularly- do in a book I read ages ago on the spot. Plus, we are still bound to protect Ket, as our intent is quite clear to us. Also, if they were outside of the circle, and we were even unintentionally reading their mind, the oath would still be binding, as we -fully- understood their intent and could not possibly misinterpret it, unless there is a strong magical influence in the room attempting to manipulate us simultaneously.

Finally, and I forgot to mention this originally, we just say we take their deal, and then prick our fingers. They can't back out once we've accepted, to all appearances, even if they know we found a way to end their days.