Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Lair Evolution!

Option 3, why not.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

To those who do not understand my reasoning, yes, we have a bargaining chip. We'll have that same bargaining chip in thirty or so minutes, when Zelari and Cambor ain't feeling too hot from the battle. Using "I can't protect her" as an excuse? For the love of christ, we're already running the risk of breaking the "I give Ket the Crystals" bit, if that's on an urgent timer, and I'm not really comfortable with that possibility. I get why, but by the same token, we do have two separate blood oaths demanding us to protect her, do you gents and gals really thing it'll be healthy to our continued existence to delay for an extra two minutes and give them the room? If this is what the group believes would be for the wisest, then I submit to their greater experience, as in all matters, I just felt people would like to understand the madness behind my method.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I didn't want a blood oath of any kind to begin with, but since that's what the voting decided then I at least want the one that that same group worked out as what serves us best and that we put forward ourselves, not Zel's rebuttal.

With Ket already on board with us, we especially have no reason to allow Zel to dictate the terms now (even if they were what the group was perhaps expecting them to be talked down to). The fact is, she has practically no leverage with which to talk us down anymore, and her time is just as limited as ours, so there's no reason that we should allow her to do so.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, right, I suppose they don't have anywhere to stand on now that we have Ket, do they.

We should use that. "Look, I know you dumbasses don't have a leg to stand on now that Ket's agreed to it, but as a show of trust, I'll agree to your shitty terms anyway. There, okay, can you stop being cunts now?"

The alternative is that they try to fuck our shit, also, to free Ket from our influence. This is a handy way of (temporarily) eliminating a threat, isn't it?

Hurf. I should probably review what the terms are before saying anything, shouldn't I? Oh well.

Ket's inside the ward, right? Ask them to take that down, too - at least let us in lest it eat up valuable time. And get those rocks already!

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Keep this in mind as well:

As per the terms, we and all our minions are bound to protect Ket since she accepted the oath. But she is bound to protect us as well. If Zel or Cam try to do anything to harm us because they don't like our deal, they'll have to deal with Ket as well since she is bound by the blood oath to help defend us...and that's something I know they won't do. The way I see it they have nothing on us right now. Ket was the ace, and we hold it.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

OK, sorry this was a bit late, was napping before I got to go to work. :p
We really need to just go with option 1 this time, time isnt on our side, and yes i know we still have to wait for Ket to finish digging. We need at least a small amount of time to prepare for the fight, retrieve the stones for Ket, and actually sign this blood oath.
I know some of you are thinking that some her terms are shitty and we shouldn't have to bargin with lesser beings. That is oh so very true, but you have to look at the big picture here.
“So let’s make this easy: you don’t harm us, we don’t harm you. Fair’s fair. You don’t use any mental stuff except vision and perception, like a warning if we don’t see one coming. You and your mates protect Ket, including the stones and decursing.
Right from Zelari's mouth, you dont harm us and we dont harm you. While this is straight from Tora.
The 'you' applies to whoever joins the blood oath. Ket is already bound to both you and Asabi in the original terms, including the protection clause.
This right here is a giant loop hole Zel just isnt or hasnt yet seen. We emerge from Asabi and sign it with them, this gets them to shut up and help us fight while they have some peace of mind. But, what she doesn't notice or know of, is the fact that our spawn are technically not us and can exert influence over them by our will and the same goes for Asabi as well.
Whats more, this bloody farce of a contract is only for a month! This gives us plenty of time for our spawn to hatch and take control of them, they wont go far anyway since we have Ket. We have the upper hand here and we always will with them, we just need them to think that they are safe from us and it will be all the easier to control them!
Sure you may be thinking that this is also a double edged sword and they could just turn on Asabi and try and attack our host in hopes of doing some damage to us, well that is where Ket comes into account again. With the contract she signed she would have to intervene and protect Asabi from Cam or even Zel...and I'm sure they would never intentionally harm her, so bingo, human shield urr mandragora shield anyway.
It still boils down to the facts:
We aint got all the time in the world
We have the upper hand with some massive loop holes

OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

3 – Ultimatum Game

Current Status:

Small Young Black Tentacle
Health: 50/50
Energy: 350/1500
Overlord Energy 75
Abilities: Stealth I, Infest I, Symbiosis I, Aura Sense I, Perception, Influence, Ovipositor, Soul Bind, Telepathy, Magic Resistance
Host: Asabi – Greater Succubus, low energy, illusion, (soul bind, symbiosis active, egged)

DATA:
Time: Noon
Allies: Hul’jet (Floor 1 Sigil Crypt), Yorin Image (Floor 2 Astral Prison), Zelari, Cambor, & Ket (F2 North, all egged), Orc (F2 North, egged)
Known Entities: Runestone (F3 North), Purple and Necromancer (F3 North), Green & Blue (???))
How dare the mortals try to force a bargain! Your offer was more than fair, you’d even protect them. You, the once and future ruler of the four realms! The mandragoran understands, why can’t they?

“I offer you much. With my protection your future would be assured. I am not ungracious, though. I will repeat my previous offer, with a two simple amendments.

“I will consider the runestone my first reward, and I will restrain my urges for you. You will still invite me to your liasons, and provide me with substitutes for the other times my hunger seizes me. If you wish to be alone, I would accept such a substitute even up to half the time.

“If you consider this unfair, I remind you that your friend already agreed to the terms. I would even amend it for her – you or your conquests could serve as her substitute under the same clause. If you value her, I suggest you agree, so you have time to retrieve the gems for her.”

Some part of your consciousness rebels as you deliver the ultimatum, but you silence it. The souls of the lost deserve no voice.

Sensing your impatience, Asabi offers an unprecedented apology. “If my earlier actions angered you, I’m sorry. The master considers you special, especially you, my pretty blossom,” she says to Ket before returning to the others. “His favor is a rare and precious thing, you’d be a fool to waste it.”

Cambor clenches his fist, “I fucking HATE guys like you!”

“That’s it? No talk, no counteroffer?” Zelari says, her voice falling.

“It’s not as if you don’t benefit,” you say, “this is what’s best for Ket. You know that, even if you don’t want to see it.”

The harpy sighs. “To think I let you go. I thought I could trust you,” she mutters dejectedly

“You still can,” you assure her. But instead she resists. “Agree and we are bound. I do not understand why you object so strongly.”

“Allies negotiate,” she says. “I’d’ve budged on loot, but that’s not it is it?” She continues, each word rising with conviction, “It’s the sex, the mind games, the tattoo. It’s anything you don’t control, including us! You don’t want allies, you want slaves! You say it’s for our sake, but a house slave is still a slave!

She smashes a marble-sized glass orb on the ground, releasing a thunderous clap. Her wing signs as she does so, cuing Cambor to make his move. He rushes to Ket, grabbing the shocked alraune and restraining her. “I won’t hurt you,” he says in an off tone, “but I’ll be damned if I let that thing have its way with you.”

“New deal!” Zelari cries, “You will never use your powers on us, including Ket. And ‘you’ means minions and traps too. You won’t touch us unless we attack you first, and if you do it’s to kill. We’ll work with you now and won’t oppose you until the next moon. If we join it’ll be as allies, not slaves!”

Ket struggles, screaming the scream of mandragora, but with hearing deadened by the stone it barely phases the two. Zelari quaffs a blue liquid from a vial, then feeds a second to Cambor.

As you tense to act a vicious psychic wave strikes you. You’re able to resist thanks to your powers, but Asabi staggers before recovering. Purple! You can sense the aura now, not on the necromancer, but spread out nearby. You hear a voice through Ket, “I can help you.”

“Talk to me,” you hear the Zelari, before the whispers of their minds are concealed. You can feel the other spawn, no the other tentacle, roiling with latent energy. The seal is crumbling. “Think quick,” the harpy grins, “I’ve got another offer on the line.”

Asabi rushes Cambor in a fury, only to be forced back by the barrier in a flash of white light. “Damn!” she hisses, “I’ll kill them!” Then sensing the seals collapse, she focuses on the ward blocking her path. You can feel it too, supporting her through your connection, sharing her thoughts.

“Master, the burst has shifted the barrier. I can force my way through with thunder magic, it’s no longer absolute!” You follow her train of thought. A disruption cast from inside the circle would collapse the weakened vault as she charges, dropping you into the chamber below. A vault both of the struggling mortals are standing on! You realize what the demon’s offering. Her body will be ravaged by the ward even after another strike. It’s energy she can recover only if you relax the soul bind, her life in your hands. You can feel the runestone’s power resonating below, stronger than all else. But it’s only one option, and one that traps you against the necromancer. Worse, he was also masking his power – his aura now radiates in terrible intensity.

You’ll beat him to the stone, but only if you act now.

You are out of time.

A.) Allies – Accept the mortal’s terms. As vexing as it is, defeating purple would be worth it. Better a third faction than sending them into its waiting tentacles as allies. Perhaps honesty is not so odious as it seems. Failing that, perhaps Ket is leverage enough herself.

B.) Die Another Day Flee! Ket is still yours, if they continue to hold her in the barrier you can’t stand to defend her, but they will! The oath mandates later aid, but by then you can find another source of power. Time is on your side.

C.) Apocalypse Now – Take Asabi’s offer, force your way through to the runestone! Ket and Cambor will fall through with you, forcing the harpy’s hand. It’s a risk, but you didn’t wait 500 years to cower like a dog. You’ll crush them all!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hate to get all mad over a game but come on guys. "Come tell me every time you fuck, so I can join in? Maybe sometimes I won't, because I am magnanimous and a real cool guy"?

We've got our oath with Ket, so we're already weighed down there - can't just cut and run to leave their dumb asses to purple. Agree, no conditions, HURRY THE FUCK UP.

The way I see it - provided she doesn't go "lolnope" and gank us when we move in to make the contract, as sommat for purple's offer - then we oughta be protected from them. If we don't get the rune, we lose out completely, and have an angry necromancer and an assassin and a dangerous fucking harpy with some form of connection to us on our backs. Denying him the power is one step towards fucking his shit and one step he DOESN'T make towards fucking ours.

If they do gank us, well, we were kinda fucked anyways.

Very dangerous. Purple's good at laying on the bullshit, and they aren't very favorable towards us right now.

Fuck, what a shitty deal. Oh well, if this fucks up then they're expendable.

Such a shitty condition, too. If she attacks us we either run off or kill her, no subdue and jail or whatever. And never use our powers on 'em? That's good or bad ones, right? That's just completely awful.

She did say "new deal" though, so the only condition is:
“You will never use your powers on us, including Ket. And ‘you’ means minions and traps too. You won’t touch us unless we attack you first, and if you do it’s to kill. We’ll work with you now and won’t oppose you until the next moon. If we join it’ll be as allies, not slaves!”

Nothing about loot and nothing about protecting them in there, but let's not try to be cunts when this comes around to bite them in the ass, okay? It's kind of important to make sure your allies are actually allies.

I don't suppose I could reload a save, huh?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

We live off sex, it's kinda neccessary. That said, what I had meant was that they could run off and have alone time half the time, no strings attached. the other half, they can either have us join in, or find us something else to *live* off of. I guess I should have explained it better. Shit, i would have gone for the month instead of the mutual agreement too, but for some reason I actually thought what I had down was decently fair, without cutting off any chance of being what we are for the whole time.

A, for the love of christ. and give them the memory that purple doesn't look after his allies, as well. Whatever.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well if that didnt suck balls, but what can ya do.
We make ourselves so weak and needy while we quickly agree to her terms. I imagine in order for us to make this blood oath that the barrier has to be let down. Once its down, we start some mind games on Ket, Zel and Cam. First off we bombard Zel and Cam with images of how terrible Purple can really be, even if we have to fake some, or replace ourselves with Purple doing something from our past. Fast talk, and i mean FAST, to Zel about how much of a douche Purple is and how he wont even fulfill his contracts and some shit. While we are talking to them we need to be trying to see if we can force Purple out of Kets mind and maintain our hold on our dear flower.
If we can convince Zel and Cam that Purple is even worse news than us, then i say we tell them no oaths, we just fight to protect Ket since he is going to be draining her dry of her magical energies where as we were going to nurture them. She is now something we both want to protect, and we can just say truce for now, we fight as we have to and figure things out after. It's either that or lose Ket to dear reliable Purple.
And now onto plan B, if that happens to go south or if it just doesnt seem like they are willing to parlay at all then we still lie to get into the barrier and clost to Ket/Cam. Release some of Asabi's soul bind and blast the fuck outta them! Maybe not something damaging, just disorienting and blinding. hehe Fus Ro Dah them ;P
Leaving Ket for Asabi to scoop up and run with, I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this but honestly having Ket and Asabi alive and well under our control is a heck of a lot more important than getting everyone nearly killed and double crosses and shit for this damn runestone. Haul ass outta there with Ket, swing by and grab her the runestones and just look for a nice hiding spot. O and before i forget, we influence to think that Zel and Cam are working with Purple cause they think we are a meanie for wanting to let Ket learn magic or some stuff along those lines, turning her against them.
The skinny of it:
1. Lie and get inside the barrier
2. Do some fast talking and mind raping to get the ball rolling into battle, but no oaths!
3. If all else fails, take our prize and bolt
We can't have our cake and it not end up a fucked up mess too.

Last edited:

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

B and C. Enough of the buddy buddy crap. We gave them a chance, they blew it. Force them to cooperate by rushing to the runestone and making them have to fight the necromancer as well.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dammit guys, we don't have time for renegotiation already. At this point, Zel is threatening to join up with Purple and wreck our shit - pulling untoward shit like a surprise mindfucking will just convince them that we're a prick and that they shouldn't have anything to do with us.

Fasttalk is not fast enough, this is gonna be a photofinish. Any delay means we lose the stone on top of the good deal and any friendliness.

This deal is ultimately alright, all we're really losing is our supernatural influence on three mortals. Big deal! In exchange, we get two fairly-guaranteed allies, prevent them from becoming dangerous enemies, and keep purple from gaining yet another upper hand!

Forcing them into the fight practically means having them go hostile because Purple is making them an offer.

Take the deal!

Tora, is there a way for blood oaths to be undone or amended, in case, say, Ket gets the idea that she wants to be written out of this thing in the future?

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It doesn't really even matter at this point. Frankly, I figured we were screwed with them the moment the voting elected to give Zel knowledge of our presence.

If it wasn't for the fact that C would completely fuck up Asabi, thereby leaving us completely vulnerable, I'd have just said 'fuck them' and voted C. But because the harpy wants to be a bitch and control and deny us just as much - if not more - than we were wanting to control them with our deal, we're screwed no matter what we do:
A - We can't do anything with them, not even what we need to for basic survival. And we can only retaliate after they've already attacked us. Our offer was a perfect 50/50 split compared to that completely one-sided slap in the face.
B - Fleeing leaves us with absolutely nothing. The runestone and every other treasure present will fall to Purple, and Zel, Cam, and Ket (blood oath or not) will either die or "join forces" with Purple. But, because of our blood oath to Ket, we won't really be able to flee because we're bound to protect her. Meaning we'll be forced to fight and die as well.
C - As I mentioned, this all but kills Asabi, leaving her vulnerable to Cam who will will most certainly not hesitate to finish the job, and then leave us vulnerable to him, who, again, will not hesitate to finish the job.

So whatever.

OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Clarifications!

Tora, is there a way for blood oaths to be undone or amended, in case, say, Ket gets the idea that she wants to be written out of this thing in the future?
Tough, because you'd need all parties. But remember that this doesn't eliminate the old oath. If powers are the only way to protect Ket and fill your end of the bargain, well... :cool:

If it wasn't for the fact that C would completely fuck up Asabi, thereby leaving us completely vulnerable, I'd have just said 'fuck them' and voted C.
Vulnerable immediately, yes, but also right at the runestone. You're only weak now because you have low energy.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone, i just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the tone of my previous post. I had just gotten home and this update was kinda the straw that broke the camels back, as i was already in foul spirits from some crap at work.
Now that I have my head about me I would like to amend my vote, A then B.
I am sticking with a little bit of my previous idea, but with some more sense to it.
Honestly trying to fight for this runestone is only going to lead to alot of loss on our end, we still dont know if we can even beat them with how strong Purple seems. Since we could no way hope to influence from that far away. We need to cut our losses and regroup.
We need to get into the barrier to get close enough to Ket, we need to fake like we have no choice but to sign her crap deal. The moment they let down the barrier to sign the deal, we hit them hard and run with Ket. If it means easing up the soul bind, then so be it. Like i said before, we grab the runestones on our way out, then sense where our egged Orc has head off too. In most cases the Orcish dont just travel/work/hunt alone, we track him down and using Asabi we raise an army then come back and reclaim the runestone and kill Purple! If Zelari and Cambor are following Purple, then its rape and torture time!

Garg is right on the point about trying to fast talk them or mess with their heads. But, we need to take this chance to live and fight another day. Strategic retreat is the only option.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

The thing is sadly we seem to be pretty much fucked either way. If we go A. We can't feed and it pears us vulnerable to them. B. Leaves us completely screwed as stated before. C. Leaves without Asabi as shed be fucked by cam and or the purples and then he'd probably attack us next......... So I'm beginning to think D. Wave white flag....... Unless someone can think of something damn well brilliant to save our asses....... :(

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, you know what, fuck it, let's try something new.

Break the sould bind on Asabi. She's our lifeline anyways, she's gonna need it. Feed her any energy we can spare, that we don't need for the following.

Act defeated, agree with them until they drop the barrier to make the oath, then collapse the floor, drop everyone into the chamber below. While asabi is on that, use the ritual of binding on Zel, see if we can physically restrain her. Tell Cam it would hold after our death, so with the Nec and how careless purple is, we should work together against them and we'll drop it again, no questions asked, as a sign of trust.

Start on the runestone immediately, feed as much as we can into Asabi, even as she'd draining it herself. Use incantations of draining on nec and purple, and freedom on the sorceress, if we can manage all that. Use telepathy to screw with their heads, anything we can think of.