What's new

Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

The bosses and most enemies are designed with a set pattern in mind. Specifically the Black widow and Aura.

Black Widow stays on top of a pillar and drops Spiders down to fight you. Then crawls down and tries to grab and it repeats until T-tan or it are dead

Aura: Has a couple of basic attacks and randomly does one of them.

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

sry to not have anything special to show or display but i am stilll here and still working. im sry 4 making you wait. i feel like an ass.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

sry to not have anything special to show or display but i am stilll here and still working. im sry 4 making you wait. i feel like an ass.
Rome wasn't built in a day my friend. Take your time.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh Neko! I was worried that issue with the site had made you disappear. I'm glad your back.

Now for some bad although not terribly bad news. My work on events will be put on hold for a while at least a week at most a month.

Reputation score

it's ok, it's not like we have payed for it, you are making this game for free and so we have no room to complain

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Work on events will be starting back up again hopefully by tomorrow.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Prologue events and world 1 events completed.

World 2 and 3 drafted and refining.

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Making skeleton of the game currently and disscussing technecal issues with rydin.

@Kara
did your friend finish the art that was going to be on the select screen yet?

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Select screen? No The art was going to be the letter background. and no not yet. Sorry it seems I made a mistake and I apologize and now feel like an idiot. I asked my friend about the letter background and they reminded me that they had informed me they couldn't do it shortly after the initial announcement...

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

this is nothing special.

not worth exploring much but u could if you want.

This file is the actual skeleton that the T-tan game will be built around. working out some kinks and geeting help from rydin32.

there isn't much of a 1st level yet, doing more important development atm.

@ Kara - I had an idea that would get this thread involved and to help move the game forward. I was trying to see and plan how to make the story progress with the interactions of the sprites in the game.... and i couldn;t think of a way other than mysteriously learning how to program.... but, what if we make some what of a comic sequence. I know how to add images in and make transitions in the game. Music wpuld play and the player would prss a key to turn the page and after the capter is dont, the level will start. Would be interesting. The dicision is up to you.

EDIT:........I can't.... post it for some reason.... why... sigh. Rydin and whoever wants to see (which it isn't much i repeat)
please PM me your email.

EDIT X 2 Nevermind the email. i can't send executable files through email. will find another way

Last edited:
OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Basically the scenes would be a small comic in between game segments? Well that sounds good enough

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

EDIT:........I can't.... post it for some reason.... why... sigh. Rydin and whoever wants to see (which it isn't much i repeat)
please PM me your email.

EDIT X 2 Nevermind the email. i can't send executable files through email. will find another way
Naw you cant do .exe but you can send zipped folders.

Just compress it in a zipped folder, upload it on megaupload, and post the link.

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

@ Neko, just upload on megaupload, mediafire or another uploader, and add the link to your post, that should work.... ;)

if that still dont work, then I am clueless what might be wrong... :eek::confused:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

its been a while, so let me show ya where i am

got lvl 1-1 outline donw and halfway done with level 1-2.
going pretty nicely. this is only the outline, nothing special. alon with the sample is my current game plan guide, some aspects i may need help with.

Controls
up arrow - jump
right arrow - run right
left arrow- fun left

to start game, left click start
to progress to another level, touch the black wiggling thing

when ppl respond to this, i will ask the questions that have came up to me.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Downloading now. This is so exciting! Will update with my thoughts after trying it.

Edit: Ok not what I was expecting but eh. I guess I just misunderstood what you meant. Anyways so what are your questions?

Second Edit: I just realized. That's going to be the layout for the first stage? I wasn't really intending much in the way of falling to your death. Especially in the first level (Her house).

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

im sorry for raising your hopes up Kara.

i will change the 1st lvl to make it simply and less deadly.

my questions are
(lets see if i could attach them)

also, once this is done, will it be okay if i post this game and update lvl by lvl.? It feels bad to just leave you hanging.

questions

how can i restrict my boundaries? i set up the
game so that when tine leaves the room (boundary of the level)
she'll die. but if she touches the celling of ect, she will die.

My hypothesis - made a small line object that is solid and
surrounded the room with it. works well 4 now

how can i make objects for tina to step on solid blocks
without it halting her movement when she touched the side of it?
when she jumps towards a pillar, if she touches the side she will stay in the air until
i press opposite direction. can i make it so that she just slides off of it?

- no answer to this

how the hell do you jump with an animation properly with an animation. when i try, it either
changes sprites in mid air or it will stay in the jumping animation until i stop all movement completely.
i've tried messing with variables but it only made the whole jump situation ugly.

(4rydin) need clarification for attacking. tina will have 3 sets of attacks, a 3 slash combo,
a stab barrage, and a dash range slash. each one of them involves animation timing.
im adding attacks today so im currently drawing the attack outline sprites.

3 slash combo - how to make it so that the combo will be performed in a timely fashion. i don't want
done too quickly before a slash animation was finished.
hypothesis - i believe it has something to do with variables and the animation end function.

stab barrage - i want it so that when a key is pressed tina will stab and will continue to stab until the key is released.
this seems simple but i dont want to under estimate.

dash slash - tina will be able to dash. while in the dash animation she will be able to perform this attack.
i think i got this one down.

if "obj" is in sprite "dash" and key "?" is press.... change obj"tina" to sprite "dash atk"

thats all for now

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well I can't help with any of those questions...

Anyways don't be sorry it was my fault for not reading what you said better. Re reading it's obvious it wasn't what I had been thinking it would be.

Falling to your death should really not be much of an issue in game. Perhaps a few pit areas just interspaced in the more dangerous areas. (Ruins, Forest, etc...) but not a major part of level design especially not in the first world. It's a town so should be mostly flat and easy. Her house can be like two to three stories high so jumps and platforms make sense there but not so much elsewhere.

Reputation score

Ok this is probably a stupid question. But is there a download link? :confused:
and yes I admit I probably missed it

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

its been a while, so let me show ya where i am

got lvl 1-1 outline donw and halfway done with level 1-2.
going pretty nicely. this is only the outline, nothing special. alon with the sample is my current game plan guide, some aspects i may need help with.

Controls
up arrow - jump
right arrow - run right
left arrow- fun left

to start game, left click start
to progress to another level, touch the black wiggling thing

when ppl respond to this, i will ask the questions that have came up to me.
I was looking back at this thread and saw the most recant DL link and Lol'd.