What's new

The Adbot's Revenge!

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Adbot's Revenge!

Copper snarls and her eyes glow red for a second as Shrike brings up the pair, her hand clenching into a fist at the mention of the swordsman. "He's going to find out that not all vampires are as easy to kill." The words come out through clenched teeth, her lip curling up and her fangs rather prominent. "Especially a pissed off one. You have to remember, John was younger than I was. Weaker. And he can't...couldn't call up the blood like I can." Her posture's relaxed just a shade but there's still a faint glow to her eyes. "As for Supermeme, I've got a plan for him, too. One that definitely won't be pretty."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon moved so fast none of them knew he'd moved until he was quite literally draped off Copper's shoulder.

"You think you can take something that's capable of moving so fast as to be untargetable, yet still target you hmm? Let me give you some advice Copper. NEVER underestimate an enemy who feels they have nothing to lose like they do. However, if he's anything like I am, he needs to be able to SEE you in order to teleport on to you."

There was a pause and then he continued.

"You have vindication, you have a right for revenge on them. John in a way was your son, I won't deny you the chance for payback. But you need to do it in a constructive way, not barging in there without a plan. You want plenty of reason to kill them, a reason more than that to kill them, then try this on for size."

He released her, poofing to a standing posture a few feet away from them.

"You want to know why I came here to relive that? You want to know why I just literally allowed myself to feel every single blow they felt? I'll tell you why. John was a friend yes. You all had question why I put so much trust in Sparky when he was a wraith? He was my brother."

With that he turned and walked away several steps, kneeling down where the bodies had once been again.

"This ends now. Your death will not have been in vain, your efforts to bring order to this world will not have died with you, of that you can be certain."

The shades were off again, and anyone who was still watching when he turned around again would see his eyes once more. Only this time the glowing centers were flickering, literal flame in his gaze. What was more, his right fist had clenched into a tight fist, the entire fist ablaze with flame projecting from his own body.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Copper had to resist the urge to elbow Siphon as she felt him against her back. "Don't lecture me about battles. Not when you haven't seen everything I can do. Melee's one thing. Revenge is another." Her gaze follows him as he walks over and kneels down, the only surprise she's letting herself show is an arch of a brow as he admits to Sparky being his brother, her lip quirking up into a slight grin. "Then we're wasting time. We need to find them and bury them. As soon as you put yourself out." She smirks a little at that.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For a moment he was silent, looking at the flame emitting from his fist.

"Why bother putting it out? I'll enjoy setting one of them on fire anyway."

Nevertheless, after a moment the hand goes out, but the eyes do not.

He grabs his radio, then pushes a button, accessing the channel he was instructed to.

"Alright, this is Siphon calling whoever radioed me before. Message received, and noted. I have at least one other with me who will be coming along after our quarry, my participation is dependent on her participation as well. I will await your reply, Siphon out."

He looks to the other and shrugs.

"Now we wait for their reply. In the mean time, let's follow what little trail I was able to gather. If nothing more, eventually I'll pick up the stench of their viruses or their viral weapons."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well, Siphon. Your chariot shall arrive momentarily." the voice from earlier says over the radio, the grinding and creaking of treads being heard as an elongated and low to the ground vehicle turns around a bend, propelled by a small set of treads taking up the back half of the vehicle, and two sets of wheels in the front to steer, looking almost like a mobile bunker. The vehicle comes to a screeching halt, the entire back plate folding down into a ramp, a man dressed in a three-eyed helmet and what looked like pyrotechnic gear stepping out and tilting his head to the side, his flamethrower clenched in hand "We will take you to the base. Your commander is waiting there for you." the man says in a very deep voice, motioning for the group to enter the vehicle "All of you are welcome. Our leader gave me specific orders to bring along anyone who wanted to hunt those fiends."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Because I only like my cigarettes set on fire, not my skin." She chuckles and shakes her head. As the vehicle rumbles up, Copper glances over at Siphon, brow arched this time in question about their ride, more confirming it than having issue with it. "I'm in. Let's get this show on the road." She bounds up the ramp and into the back of the vehicle, glancing around for a seat or a handle or whatever's necessary to keep them from getting thrown around while the thing moves.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike said nothing during the exchange between Siphon and Copper, though she started paying more attention after Siphon seemed to teleport the same way Toonpimp did, in the hopes he'd to it again. Mildly disappointed when he didn't, she simply strode up the access ramp of the odd vehicle with the others, watching the man with an odd look. "So, what exactly does Kane find interesting enough around to waste so much resources stepping in about?" She asked him with an even, unblinking stare.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Quite simple, my dear. Toonpimp stands in his way of world domination. Your commander is also technically one of us, so we decided to step in." the man says, his helmet turning and the triple eyes looking on Siphon "This is all of your squad? Amazing." he says, then heads into the vehicle, sitting down in a seat near Shrike and setting his flamethrower aside as he reaches up and grabs a handle, waiting for Siphon

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon climbs in and shakes his head.

"No, Grave and Oni are elsewhere at the moment, lost contact with them. They'll catch up though of that I'm sure."

He pauses then adds, "mind telling me how long you folks have known TP and Supermeme both were conducting viral experimentation and injecting themselves with the viruses?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Not to mention we've lost track of Bartnum. Again." Copper leans forward, sort of dangling in her seat using the handle. "Sin?" she hollers out the back. "You coming?" She could understand if she didn't. It wasn't her fight but she didnt' want to see her get left behind, either. She does a bit of a double take as Shrike refers to 'Kane," but shakes her head. "Bound to be a different guy," she mutters.

((Yes, I know Sin's offline, but don't want her ignored, either. And Copper's thinking 'Caine' at the moment, not Red Faction...or whichever he's from.))

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We have known about their experimentation for quite some time. As for them injecting themselves, it's news to us. We lost our eyes over Toonpimp's forum some time before the Wraith showed up." the man says, chuckling as he finishes his sentence "But, we've got a massive search operation running right now. We'll find him, wherever he decides to crawl." the man says, his left hand balling into a fist "Can we go now? I'm anxious to get out of this warzone and back to the base." the driver says, the soldier in the back looking at him and growling, the pilot turning back around and minding his own business "Damned conscripts."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

(Gah, damn three-day string of mostly-total Internet denial events.)

All of the wraith were armed with silver knives, but didn’t bother switching to them till Grave was already too close. They were, by and large, at his mercy.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave finished off the first one with a fast kick to the chest. The sound of ribs cracking under the pressure of a high-speed strike seemed to amuse him. The second wraith was greeted with a barrage of punches. Taking a small break to wipe the blood of his hands, Grave didn't notice the third one creeping up to him until it slashed with the dagger. The warrior's instinct kicked in immediately. He avoided fatal injury, but a shallow wound on Grave's face was proof of the wraith's skill with knives. Grave focused again, wiping the blood off his cheek with his thumb. He noticed that it was black - and as he delivered a neck-snapping kick, he noticed something else. The bleeding was stopped by some sort of black mass crystalizing on his cheek. The warrior could feel his body sort of cauterizing the wound, and the black matter began to sink into his skin as the process of regeneration started. This suprised Grave so much that he let the queen live... For the moment.

'Projecting black matter is one thing, but assimilating it is another... Furthermore, it seems to be a component of my flesh and blood, and my organism can use it actively. In other words, my body is infused with darkness right now... And that means...

I'm a darkling.
'

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uhm... hello? Are you guys still alive?" came a call over the radio. It was Tsuki and though she wasn't still entirely sure about certain things, she still felt an obligation to help with whatever it was they were up to. Hopefully not being killed.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Interesting. If we can pick up their 'viral trail' I can find them."

He paused, fishing out his radio.

"Tsuki, copy you, what's your location now?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hmm?" Grave nearly forgot about the radio as he cleared the room of the remains of wraith infestation. "Hey... Tsuki. How are you?" He recalled the whole incident with the leech creature. "I dunno about the others, but last time I saw them, they were fine... Even Siphon, altough he seems to be changing his body structure like underwear recently." The darkling approached the machine after finishing off the wraith, looking for something that resembled an "on" switch while listening to Siphon. "Yep, sounds like they're fine."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh, I'm... fine and still back at the forums... but I can be out to you guys in no time," Tsuki replied. Now she was worried hearing that Siphon was changed... again.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

(Tuski, you can probably ignore this post without any problems.)

The queen, for her part, decided descression was the better part of not being gutted by a demon in human form and edged toward the door. The button took a few moments to find amongst the various readouts, and bits of piping, and things that Grave just plain couldn’t make sense of. Once it was found, though, its purpose was quite clear, being labelled ‘activate’ as it was.

The fighting seemed all but complete; the wraith no longer seemed to be attacking and almost no-one was firing. If Host wasn’t so worried about the offline node, he’d probably have the presence of mind to realise that that was a bad thing. At the moment, though, the fight was going well.

Krell moved from around the corner and fired off a couple of rounds into the wraith on the other side of the trench. His shots struck home and a wraith dropped, while theirs glanced off the wall of the trench he’d darted behind after firing.

“I hate wraith. No bloody challenge… I could take them all with my bare hands!”

“Oh?” said Zorori next to him. “Self imposed challenge, unarmed only. Bet an SWA I down more.” Krell answered in the non-verbal manner of charging headlong at the group of wraith at the other side. If he had talked, he’d’ve probably said What kind of douche changes ‘fifty bucks’ to ‘Standard Wager Agreement’!? Even if you abbreviate it it’s still fucking longer to say!

Zorori was not to be outdone, and in moments both were charging down the short length of the trench towards the smallish enemy group, suited up but otherwise unarmed. With a roar, Krell leapt bodily onto one of the wraith, who, to its credit, remained standing and tried to swat the Lurker off. Zorori, on the other hand, clotheslined the wraith he’d charged at, K.O.ing the wraith on the first hit and putting him in the lead.

The wraith Krell pounced on finally fell under the combined weight of the Lurker and the blunt trauma from the metal claws to the head (which was most of it, those suits aren’t actually all that heavy). There was a *clang* near Krell. He turned and found a wraith with silver knife drawn. He looked down, and found a slight dent in his armour under the arm. One would almost think the cameras that made up the ‘eyes’ of Krell's suit narrowed into a glare, before Krell headbutted the wraith in front of him. The wraith wasn't quite out of it yet, and tried to get up, but was stopped when Krell crushed his chest with a large metal foot.

Meanwhile, Zorori was shoved from behind and fell to the ground, rolling immediately to dodge the (admittedly not all that dangerous) knife that came down where he had been. Now on his back, Zorori looked to the wraith that had pushed him over, and found him beginning to move over his prone form. More specifically, he was in the middle of stepping over Zorori’s suit’s feet when the Lurker said aloud, “I take no pleasure in doing this, even to one such as you.” The wraith paused, confusion evident in its expression.
The Lurker’s metal, sharp, jagged, taloned, metal foot shot up. Zorori winced... though not even close to as much so as the unfortunate wraith.

“Three!” Zorori lied as he stood.
“Eight!” Replied Krell as he grabbed his third victim.
“Bullshit!” remarked Zorori as he bodily charged into a wraith, crushing him between suit and wall.
“Up yours.”
“Tosser!”
“Arsehat!”
“Catch!”
What kind of a- thought Krell, before being struck bodily by a tossed wraith. He gave a heartfelt cry of “Bastard!” and stuck his suit’s claws through the wraith’s neck. “That counts as mine!”
“Like hell it does!”

In a whole ‘nother area of the trenches is what might be the only Lurker without a suit. It also lacked flesh, but there were a number of other Lurkers who could claim the same thing. And, because of its actions today, there were a few more. It was kneeling over the last such Lurker to be made undead, coaxing it back into existence. When it was suitably assured that the Lurker wouldn’t just collapse on itself, it got up and extended its senses, looking for a distinctive infernal one, and found him in the one of the bunkers. Host hadn’t been responding over radio for awhile, and the cloaked skeleton needed orders. It took off for the bunker as fast as its physics-defying anatomy would allow it.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Copy that Tsuki. Be advised our quarry is extremely dangerous, I'll fill you in on the exact details when you get here but you should know .... John and Sparky are dead."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hey, Tsuki! Good to hear you!" Copper cuts in when she has a moment, laughing at Grave's remark about Siphon and underwear. "You'd think he was a bloody shapeshifter or something. She grows quiet and growls as he mentions Sparky and John again but for the most part keeps herself in check, despite her feelings on the matter.