What's new

The Colony - Day 2

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: The Colony - Day 2

Circe climbed out of the chair, not immediatly feeling any different. She nodded to Tereani as the orc greeted her before looking down at the designs on her skin. 'Not bad. A bit bold, but not bad.' She thought, and looked back up to the two orcs, the moment of truth arriving.

As Tereani turned to speak to Lullana, Circe pictured herself raising a pistol to Tereani's head and pulling the trigger. She was testing her AI, if the orcs had programmed it to make Circe unable to fight back against them, she was sure it would give her a dose of 'discipline' as she added plans to find the camp's ammo dump and light it up.

Circe had only had her AI 'discipline' her twice, and since the orcs said they were only changing the AI's definitions, she was expecting a similar mental spanking. When it sensed thoughts that it didn't like, the AI would force a memory to overtake Circe's thoughts. This 'memory' was actually a construction of the AI, but it was real enough to Circe; she was on an alien planet, alone, facing an army of hostile aliens, and eventually being overrun. The imagery always stopped short of Circe's death and the bioid had understood this message to be 'If you betray us, this is how you will die, alone on an unknown planet, having no impact on the world.'

Waiting for the mental slap on the wrist, Circe goaded her AI one more time, raising her arm, hand shaped like a gun and pointing at Tereani's turned head. Doing this to a superior officer had set off her AI the first time, so if anything was going to do it now, this would be it.

Tdreams

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"Huh," Emily grunted as she was handed the jumpsuit. "I almost forgot that these things came in 'un-shredded.' Is there anyway I could clean up before putting this on?" Emily gestured sheepishly towards her sweaty and bloody body. She was reluctant even taking the clean jumpsuit with her hands up to her upper arms still covered in Azog's blood. "Skora, do you mind holding the jumpsuit until I can wash up?"

At the Commander's indication of trust, Emily merely shrugged. "No problems with that here, but most of these magazines are going to be useless against orcs," Emily mentions pointing at her cornucopia of gear. "We'll need to scavenge more ammo soon, or you'll be asking me to fight hand to hand. That hasn't worked out so well for me in the past."

Emily thinks for a moment, then says "I'd be happy to tell you what little I know of the Orcs if you'd just let me clean up and dress first. I only had the worm's eye view."

((Hopefully go clean up and dress if allowed. Will disclose info on ammo and Horde basics if the Commander asks.))

Pale

Reputation score

"I know fine mechanical engineering when I see it, Gunny. Commander, how many can you spare me? Our bioid's alone in the orc camp, and I'd rather not get her back carrying an orc child. If that's even possible for her."

A pause as she glances sideways, thoughtfully, at Skora, then Emily.

"...Although. An orc foetus could be an invaluable resource. The DNA I could gather from that.."

Would be enough to what? What are you planning to do, Cassidy? Map the orc genome and wow them with your smarts..? It's not like you have time to engineer a specific virus to target them..

Eyes widen, though, at the suggested evacuation plan. Evacuate.. straight into the hands of the authorities, and without a hero's honours to back that up.

"And... I believe we should stay and fight, ma'am. They may have numbers, surprise, the advantage of surprise.. but if we start running here, they'll never stop. If necessary, we'll have to be the Thermopylae.. stop the horde long enough for the humans to get their act in order."

Just, I have no intention of dying.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Skora looked sidelong at Cassidy. "You're fooling yourselves if you think you're resistance here is going to stop the horde or make them any less of a threat to the worlds beyond. You are faced with an unstoppable force. Your best and only choice is to find a way to divert it. I will not be a party to a suicide plan. I escaped the orcs with the intention of living a free life. Show me a plan that involves living to fight another day, on our own terms instead of the horde's and you'll have my loyalty. But if we're going with Doc Blue's Thermo-business, you can count me out, and I'll give you your jumpsuit back. I'll not waste my time with people so eager to die or become slaves just to hold onto a few miles of land for a matter of hours... days at best."

((Skora holds Emily's jumpsuit for her while she goes to shower, assuming that Emily is directed to a suitable place to wash, and that Skora's immediate concerns are somewhat pacified.))

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Easy there, missy. This isn't gonna turn into a Thermopylae. I survived Thidnor, and I survived almost a hundred years of civil war, I'm not dying to some alien scum. No offense intended, ma'am." Jethro states, his left eye opening and blinking twice. It would be then that the girls would notice that the right side of his face had barely moved the entire time he had spoke. "If the Commander says we hold the line, then we hold the line. If she says we push, we push. You got that?" he says, transferring his rifle from it's shoulder position to his hands, pointed off to his left and towards the floor. "I don't know how you all have been trained, but there's one thing that comes to mind right now: Never give up." he states, his voice slowly turning more and more animatronic as he speaks, the LED lights on his skull turning red one by one from the back forward, until only three remained behind his eye.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Skora rolled her eyes. "I'm not saying give up. I'm saying fight smart and realize when it's time to fall back. You don't win wars by dying gloriously, you win wars by making the enemy die gloriously."

She shook her head, severely doubting the intelligence of the operation so far, but willing to reserve her final judgment until the commander had spoken. She was the leader, and therefore it was her decision that counted. But Skora didn't owe her allegiance to these humans and their cyborg and Asari compatriots. She was loyal to herself and to any force that would help her reach her goals. Yeah, maybe it was selfish, but that was what she had learned. Do what you have to do to survive. Death was the end of hope.

Tdreams

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"Ummm, may I please clean up somewhere while Doc blue stops the entire Horde with her bare hands?" At this point Emily was getting decidedly bored with the conversation. She'd been marched into this cold command center naked while covered in sticky gore, after a long march, and she was tired and not too fond of all this Rah! Rah! Charge! talk.

A memory tickled the back of her head... was this how she was captured the first time? Charging gloriously forward?

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Somewhere East of Firelight Base: Carmine Forest (Unknown Sector), Orc Encampment; Circe, Lullana

Lullana was well aware of Tereani's abilities and wasn't really surprised by her sudden change of personality to the new slave.

The purple orcess, Nil'kiana, she thought, grunted urgently in orc as Circe rose her fingers to Tereani's head. Circe had no idea what the woman was saying, but Lullana knew:

"<Ter, Gun!>" She growled.

Circe had trouble keeping up with Tereani's movement. The orc ducked low to her side, spinning around as she reached up and grabbed onto Circe's wrist, wrenching it to the side at a horrible angle. Her fingers pulled a thin, sleek blade from seemingly nowhere, the blade quickly pushing against Circe's throat. With a quick shift of her leg, Circe felt her leg collapse as Tereani's calf pressed against the Bioid's leg.

"I free you and you try to betray me?" She asked, almost sounding hurt, even though her the fire in her eyes betrayed her voice. Snarling, she looked down at Circe's hand, the rage in her eyes disappearing for a second. Almost in the blink of an eye she leaped from Circe to Nil'kiana, slamming the blade into the woman's abdomen. The orc began to scream in pain, Tereani twisting the blade. Again, Circe couldn't understand the Orcs, but Lullana could:

"<Do you think you're being smart? Do you see a firearm in her hand?>"
"<N-No!>" Nil'kana weeped, clutching at her chieftess' hands.
"<Then why say it?!>"
"<Please, War-Chieftess!..>"

The green orc pulled the blade from Nil'Kana's stomach before slashing it across the woman's chest. The other orc lets out another yell of pain.

"<Lest you want the poison to take you, get to the Shaman.>"

Sobbing in pain, Nil'kana stumbled towards the exit of the building, leaving a trail of blood as she went. Tereani watched her go, slipping the blade back into it's hiding place, somewhere near her leg. With a sigh, she turned to Circe, reaching down and offering her hand to the Bioid.

"I'm very sorry," She said quietly, "...I was told you had gotten a firearm somehow..."

But, unless that had all been a hallucination from her AI... Circe was free.

Firelight Base, Floor 2: Command Center; Commander Winters, Jethro, Annerose, Cassidy, Emily, Skora and Kiera (representation)

Cassie smiles, mostly ignoring the little quips from Skora about the current state of their mission. She tried to answer Emily with a polite, pleasant smile.

"Of course you may. But I'll probably have your team mates leave now-"

She paused, closing her pretty pink eyes, before opening them and snapping at the fighting trio.

"Will you three shut up?! I don't care for any of your current opinions on this situation! Evacuating won't help us at all, since there's no place to go! Firelight is the most easily fortified base available, so we'll use this - and even if the defenses fall, you all can escape through the sewers to another base, corporate campus, or apartment complex.

"And Jethro, I swear if you let Archibald out, I'll have Kiera re-wire his routines so fast you'll only be able to drool, shit and ask for a cracker when you're hungry. No, wait, you can only do one of those now, anyways."

She turned her attention to Skora then.

"I appreciate your candid report on the current horde situation of 'I don't know how many there are', but I'm not interested in hearing your idea of what will make us safe or not. You don't know this station like I do, suffice to say. And I'm sorry if you think you need to leave, but stay with me and I'll stop at no ends to keep you safe or rescue you while in danger.

"As for you..." She turned her attention to Cassidy, her hands balling into fists of rage, "We are not going to turn into a modern-day Thermopylae, and we are not monsters! I won't have you experimenting on any Orc Fetus! What happened to you in the past two hundred years?! First you leave me abandoned in some stupid Asari Research lab, don't even try to drop any sort of message to me, then show up and... and talk about experiments on children?!"

The rabbit woman shut her eyes, taking a deep breath, realizing how much information she had just exposed about herself. With a sigh, she snatched the outfit from Skora before handing it back to Emily.

"If you're with me, stay with me. If you aren't then follow my orders. Kiera, show Emily where to take a shower. Cassidy, I want Circe's last message - now." She held out her hand for Circe's discarded HUD.

"...Right," Kiera said, appearing next to Emily, "Follow me before our Commander has an aneurysm. Funny to watch blood shoot out her ears, but we don't have the power to clone her right now."

Firelight Base: Sub-Floor 12; Marie, Laina, Ashley and Kalica

Combat Rolls:
Laina: Fires three times at the Dire Wolf; uses 3 EP.
Attack 1: 10 + 4 + 4 = 18 vs. 8 + 2 = 10; Damage: 1.
Attack 2: 4 + 2 = 6 vs. 7 + 2 = 9; Miss.
Attack 3: 10 + 6 + 4 = 20 vs. 6 + 2 = 8; Damage: 1.

Kalica: Fires a burst at the Dire Wolf; uses 1 EP.
Attack 1: 7 + 4 = 11 vs. 3 + 2 = 5; Damage: 1. Dire Wolf dies.

Wolves:

Wolf 2: Loses hope after seeing the Dire Wolf die;

Kalica gains 4 EXP and reaches level 3, with 1/10 EXP to level 4; Please choose to either AP, FP, MP by 1, or EP by 2; please choose a Feat from the list below.
Maire gains 4 EXP and reaches level 2, with 1/7 EXP to level 3; Choose to increase AP, FP, or MP by 1, or EP by 2; Choose to increase either Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, or Will Power by 1.
Ashley gains 4 EP and reaches level 3, with 1/10 EXP to level 4; Please choose to increase AP, FP or MP by 1, or EP by 2; please choose a feat from the list below.
Laina gains 4 EXP, with 9/10 EXP to level 4.

Feats:
Both Kalica and Ashley may choose from any starting feat a class has, or may choose from the following list:
Advanced Training: The PC's chosen weapon adds +1 onto the die roll. This may be taken multiple times, but never more than once on the same weapon.
Precise Aim: If combat hasn't started yet, the PC gains +2 for any to-hit roll.
Aptitude: Allows the PC to learn how to use different equipment: Orc Weaponry, Orc Equipment, Orc technology, Meditool, Omnitool, Alien Technology (Any tech not made by humans or orcs), Hacking Tool (Kalica only), Explosives, Heavy Weapons, or Automatic Weapons (Ashley Only).

Ashley may choose...
Quick Reload: Ashley may choose to use 1 MP instead of EP to reload weapons. This must be mentioned in her action post.
Animal Lover: Ashley gains an affinity with animals, allowing her to convince an animal to join her side using a will power check; of course, the downside is her animal magnetism also comes with a +1 pleasure bonus any creature deal to her.
MP usage per creature:
Small Creatures: Regular animals, such as cats, dogs, even earth-based wolves: 2 MP.
Medium sized creatures: Orc Pack Hounds, Orc Pack Wolves, Goblin mounts, etc: 4 MP.
Large Creatures: Dire Wolves, other unseen creature: 8 MP.
Extra Large creatures: Yeah, they're out there; Costs 14 MP.

Kalica may choose...
Nimble: When Kalica is facing off against ranged combat, she can spend 1 MP per incoming attack to gain a +3 dodge chance. If the enemy attacks with an explosive, EP may be used to get her out of the danger zone.
Spray N' Pray: Kalica blindly fires an entire automatic clip from cover without leaving her protection. This costs no MP, but does cost 1 EP and 1 clip to use.

The battle was over relatively fast. Kalica just barely had time to reload as Laina fired point-blank at the Dire Wolf, one of the rounds bouncing off it's thick fur. Barely able to keep itself standing upon four legs, Kalica takes her time to aim the barrel of her gun against the creature's head - pulling the trigger for only one round to punch through the wolf's skull. The Dire Wolf dropped to the ground, oozing blood onto the metal walkway, the 'smaller' wolf letting out a yelp. It dodged between the legs of the women, skittering down the hallway and slamming against the door at the north end. The portal finally slid open, the wolf skittering into Garage 4...

((All AP, MP and EP restored.))

Map:

Humans:
Marie: Jumpsuit: 2/7.
AP: 2, FP: 2, MP: 4, EP: 6/6
DX10 Pistol: 2/4 Rounds/clip, 7 clips.

Laina: Medium Armor: 15/15.
AP: 4, FP: 6, MP: 4/4, EP: 7
DX10 Pistol: 3/5 rounds/clip, 13 clips.
Orc Pistol: 8/8 Grn. Rounds/Clips (1 clip), 8/8 Pnk. Rounds/Clip (1 clip).
Omnitool: Unlimited charges.

Kalica: Runner armor: 5/5.
AP: 3, FP: 3, MP: 10, EP: 7
Modified DX5 Pistol: 8/9 Rounds/clip, 9 clips.

Ashley: Civilian Clothes: 7/7.
AP: 2, FP: 3/5, MP: 4, EP: 12
DX2 Pistol: 3/3 Rounds/clip, 15 clips available.
Devlin Peacemaker: 0/1 Rounds/Clip, 16 rounds available.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, ma'am!" Jethro almost shouts to Commander Winters as the LED lights on his head snap back to blue and he stands at attention, then turns to follow Kiera as she appears next to Emily. "Just don't start with the techno-babble." he states, almost jogging with his rifle in hand, happy just to have his gun back. "That would be a Scientist's department, I'm just the guy who flings bullets at people." hey says, then about-faces beside Emily, waiting for the message to be played.

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Hn!" Circe let out a small sound of pain as she was pinned by Tereani, but that was all. She wasn't able to understand the purple one's grunt, but she had an idea what it contained, a warning. For the second that Tereani had the knife to her throat, Circe didn't break eye contact with the orc woman, watching her, gauging what she'd do. Though she hadn't expected the sudden change, Circe was taking advantage of it, getting a feel for Tereani, while also demonstrating she wasn't afraid. She'd been threatened with worse before. Or had she?

It hadn't been easy to subdue the woman. She had fought like mad after being discovered by the enemy, an instinct imbedded in her from her childhood to always fight as though your life depended on it, for often, defeat ment a fate worse than death. And that was a fate the woman was facing now, arms secured behind her back, a bumani devourer(1) being dangled before her face. She had managed to take out several of the crimelord's best leutenants in the fight, well worth the life of one person she thought, cracking a smile in the face of slowly being eaten alive. A few blows to the head later and she was back to looking at the grotesque creature again. The crimedlord drew his hand back, preparing to toss it on her chest when his arm parted company with his body. "Geeze boss, ya gotta be more careful..."

A stray thought interrupted Circe's steely facade, but Tereani wasn't looking at her anymore. If Lullana had been looking at the human while her commander was nearly eviscerating one of her own kind, she would have seen a moment of confusion on a softer face before the bioid quickly covered it up.

Circe massaged her shoulder as she watched Tereani's version of discipline, as Circe understood it to be, waiting for it to be done and tooks stock of what just happened. Her AI hadn't hijacked her brain, so that was a very good sign, and with that reinforced by Tereani's own statement, Circe was pretty sure the orc had kept her end of the bargain. Circe was also able to get an understanding of the woman's physical abilities as well. All in all, everything that Circe had gained was worth a sore shoulder she thought as the purple orc fled the building.

Taking Tereani's hand and standing up, Circe nodded. "I owe you an apology as well. I hadn't expected you to truly free me. You've shown me more honour than any human has, and I will repay that." Though she was still planning on eventually turning against the orcs, Circe swore to herself that she would return Tereani's trust and honour before then. Giving her arm an experimental spin, she glanced towards the building's exit. "Was that nessicary?" She asked.

(1)
The bumani devourer is the name of a parasitic stage of life of a creature native to the desert planet of Bumani. The adults are called bumani devistators and can range in size from a few meters to a few hundred meters in length. The newly hatched devourers look much like their adult forms in miniature, a round, sluglike creature with a wide 'head' dominated by a lamprey-like mouth that tapers down to a meaty tail. Devourer eggs only hatch when they sense a warm-blooded creature nearby. The newly hatched devourers try to attach themselves to a host where they then burrow inside and begin eating the host and growing. Though terrifying, devourers eat very slowly, taking a week to eat a single pound of soft flesh, longer for harder materials, giving ample time for a host to recieve medical attention to remove the creature. Devourers are able to metabolize everything they eat and turn it into body mass, so if a single devourer were to consume a human-sized being, the result would be a roughly human-sized devistator. Devourer eggs are highly illegal to transport offworld for non-scientific reasons, but devourers are a luxury food in many circles, and are highly nutritious.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(.......Well, that's something of a surprise. I'll take a +1 Bonus to AP and Animal Lover just for the heck of it. Too bad I can't increase Will this level.)

Ashley is still recovering as the other women put down the wolf that had nearly knocked her out, so when she manages to clear her head only to find the dire wolf lying dead on the floor a few feet away, its blood beginning to soak into the legs of her pants as it forms a pool on the floor, she jumps into motion with a shriek. Dragging herself several feet back before she gets up, Ashleys eyes are focused unwaveringly on the dead creature. For a moment she just pants, breathing deeply in and out, until she finally manages to calm down. Then, she finally looks around at Laina, Kalicia and Marie and says; "Errrr.... Well...... Why don't we... Ummm..... Keep going....." It was painfully obvious to any around her that Ashley had lost all of her earlier bravado, and was now plainly frightened. None of them knew it, but the only reason that she wasn't a pile of useless panic on the floor at the moment was some part of her that kept reminding her of why she'd volunteered for this mission in the first place.

Her fortitude and resolve bolstered by that memory, she then continued, now much calmer than before; "Where did that other little one go? I was kind of... Out of it for a minute there." Assuming that someone told her that it had gone into Garage 4, Ashley quickly opened up her display and checked, only to find out that that was where they'd been intending to go. "Well, it went in there, and that's where we were going. I'm guessing that there's something in there worth having, then. Should we stick to the plan, and follow it, or should we go elsewhere? I think I might be able to get one of these doors open if you give me a second or two. Also, I think we should have Kiera activate the sensors here. There are a lot of places that branch from here, so she'll be able to keep an eye on our backsides for us. Isn't that right, Kiera?"

(Ashley has a hacking tool. So sayeth SilentSilth.)

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

(EP by 2 and Nimble)

*approaching the dead Dire after the smaller one has already fled she gives it a few kicks to ensure its not getting back up before glancing around to the others.*

"Continue as planned i say..the sensors sound fine with how central a location this can be for traffic but we need to head into that garage and keep on task."

*She waited for the others to say something before they continued on but for now she stood with a wary eye upon the door to garage 4 gun at the ready should anything peek its head out*

Pale

Reputation score

Having been.. expecting, an outburst of some kind, Cassidy merely smirks, and goes quiet as the lapine speaks. Or, shouts. Wordlessly, she produces the HUD, complete with edited last message, and hands it to Winters. It's better not to think about exactly where she'd been secreting it in her ruined uniform.

Blue eyes widen just a fraction at the tirade aimed specifically at her. For the barest moment, blue glimmers around her skin, before her jaw tightens and the Engineer looks away.

"I... you don't want to know, Commander. Just play the HUD already so we can go get the damned bioid."

Of course she doesn't want to know. She probably spent the years clearing up -your- mess. Like that virus on Corvan. Or that.. thing, on Mellus Five. Not to mention the clones on Cyclus Two. And that's ignoring our finest work..!

Angrily, she quells the sarcastic inner voice, and turns back to the Commander. One might be forgiven for thinking there's a shimmer of tears in her eyes.. but a blink or two later, there's nothing but the usual unflinching stare.

X Man

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Lullana raises an eyebrow as Circe points her "gun" at Tereani but simply watches the goings on showing no intention of getting involved, only stepping aside momentarily to allow Nil'kiana to pass.

Last edited:

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Marie gains 4 EXP and reaches level 2, with 1/7 EXP to level 3; Choose to increase AP, FP, or MP by 1, or EP by 2; Choose to increase either Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, or Will Power by 1.

The battle was over relatively fast. Kalica just barely had time to reload as Laina fired point-blank at the Dire Wolf, one of the rounds bouncing off it's thick fur. Barely able to keep itself standing upon four legs, Kalica takes her time to aim the barrel of her gun against the creature's head - pulling the trigger for only one round to punch through the wolf's skull. The Dire Wolf dropped to the ground, oozing blood onto the metal walkway, the 'smaller' wolf letting out a yelp. It dodged between the legs of the women, skittering down the hallway and slamming against the door at the north end. The portal finally slid open, the wolf skittering into Garage 4...
((Marie gets +2 EP and +1 Will.))

The wolf suddenly darts past, no longer clumsy on the metal flooring, and bashes into the unlocked door until it can get inside. Still recovering from her dash to intercept Laina, earlier, Marie can do nothing, save check her pistol. Two rounds left... not time to reload, gotta make every bullet count.

She looks at the other three. "That was... nerve-wracking. I think we should take a moment and reactivate the sensors down at that other door, as well as the sensors here. The wolves were using it, even though it's locked - " she waves down the corridor at the door with its lock glowing red - "so Kiera will be able to warn us if our line of retreat is getting cut off. And if, while we're doing so, that fleeing wolf comes back with friends... we'll have the whole length of the hallway to shoot at 'em."

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Somewhere East of Firelight Base: Carmine Forest (Unknown Sector), Orc Encampment; Circe, Lullana

Tereani glanced down at Circe, replying to her question in a very short manner.

"Yes," She said, walking further into the building, towards a tall, thin locker. Lullana had luckily never been on that end of Tereani's training, except for one time when the Orc Chieftess was testing out a new whip...

"Both of you, come," Tereani said, glancing over at them. She twisted and pulled a handle, the locker opening like a file cabinet. Any orcs had seen this technology before: A wall of weapons, about 8 feet in length, was produced, lead by Tereani as she boredly pulled the weapons rack to it's full length. Circe, however, was still trying to get over the shock of seeing so many weapons in such a small space; some were even human weapons... Why were they there?

Tereani grabbed a red-colored pistol, handing the weapon to Lullana, as well as giving her five clips: Two Green, two pink, and one red. She looked Lullana in the eyes.

"<There's a red clip in it already. Do not point it at our ally,>" She warned, before looking to Circe.

"You were caught with a rifle. Do you want one of our design?"

X Man

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Lullana follows the other two into the room, having seen it many times before she simply nods an affirmative as she checks the weapon given to her before holstering it.

Tdreams

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Emily watches the interplay and takes careful note how each of the participants reacts. It's always good to know where your next meal and next beating are coming from. At the word from Kiera, Emily follows. "Has that really happened before? Does the blood sort of drip out or would I need to stand back?"

As Emily is lead to a shower she sheds her bloody red gloves, drops all the weapons and ammunition, and luxuriates in a long, hot shower. After a while daydreaming in the warm comfort, Emily comes to with a guilty start, dries off and dresses in her new jumpsuit, being careful to clean it of any bits of stray orc she may have gotten on it while carrying it. Then, she refastened her knife and pistol onto her belt, and found pockets to store the various magazines she'd managed to collect.

"OK Kiera, I'm ready! Do you have any *real* food? What comes next? What can you tell me about this place?"

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Circe figured the human weapons had likly been taken off of the orcs earlier conquests. Still, there were a lot, and many more orc weapons as well. Glancing over the rack, she spotted a few similar rifles to the one she had, but also a number of other weapons as well that Circe thought she might be able to use.

"I'm not sure. I've noticed you have different ammunition for your weapons and change between them to suit the needs of battle. Human weapons are designed mainly just to kill, but yours are good for subduing as well." She noticed a long barrelled orc rifle that looked like it was suited for long ranges and nodded towards it. "That one would be comparable to the weapon I had right? With a bit of practice I should be able to use that one as well as a human weapon." She paused, looking over the other weapons. "And would I be able to get a sidearm as well, a backup weapon for closer quarters? I had a pistol with me when I was brought here, something like that, a human weapon, should be fine." She placed a hand on her hip and turned to Tereani, waiting for her to respond.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Skora followed the commander's wishes. It was enough to know that she disagreed strongly with the stay-and-die for glory mentality. That this was a decent defensible position with escape routes was all well and good, Skora hadn't been merely speaking of escape from this facility. She'd been speaking, of course, about getting into space.

The most defensible position could easily become their tomb. Orcs were skilled at warfare, it's what they knew, what they lived and breathed. With sheer numbers and a few cunning intellects to guide them, Skora knew in her heart that something dramatic would have to enter the equation if the Orcs were to be defeated. Grimly, her thoughts wandered to biological weaponry, even though she herself would be susceptible.

Ultimately, Skora figured that the answer to defeating the orcs, if there was a way, would be with these resistance fighters, so she would join them, having no other alternative. She did know that she would have to get another weapon soon however. Her thoughts wandered to her mother's stories of the Slyvan Twilight Guard, who fought with swords in close quarters, using feats of acrobatics and grace to fell their enemies. The orc side of her nature agreed with the thought of close combat specialization, and Skora wondered if she might not take it up, now that she was among soldiers whose primary interest wasn't just to abuse her body.

Hardening herself and crossing her arms in her new jumpsuit, Skora moves to get closer to the HUD display.