What's new

The Dividing Line - OOC

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Signup and OOC

Shouldn't be a problem I reckon. In all honesty, we all are really. Even if one of us were a rocket scientist, that's not going to mean much when it comes to talking about a sci-fi setting, with light speed, artificial grav and energy weapons. In the end most of it is just fancy words and vague theory. Sci-fi explains how something works enough to seem more or less plausable, but (generaly) deliberately avoids over detailing it.

The most likely issues are things like how we've interpereted assumed technology. Like the shields I asked earlier about, or the plasma weaponry that Kars, Draven, and the TPD use. They all have "plasma weapons", but we're probably each imagining a slightly different thing. I doubt any issue will come up though.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mainly, Sci-Fi Roleplays tend to be different than a standard Roleplay because of the fact that each person imagines the weaponry and technology and creatures differently. It's all up to the imagination, and that's why they are both fun and difficult.

And, on the topic of blowing smoke out of your ass, I'd probably be blowing smoke out as well. I have a little knowledge on internal organs, but that's only from watching House. Shrike, I'll be sure to try and help correct you as much as I can, though I may also be incorrect sometimes

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

OK good, just so long as it isn't me. I've been taking mental notes every time I pass some of the science classes at the college where I work, and you find out some interesting stuff. For instance, if you had a sheet of lead 1 light year thick, and a neutrino were to pass through it front to back, it would only have about a 50% chance of actually colliding and interacting with a single lead atom. The mind boggles, it really does. Anyway, back to the story shall we?

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If the people on the Surface are waiting on input from me - don't. I'm not actively DMing, only reactively.
And if you need a post from me and don't get one, for Cthulhu's sake, PM me! Don't just sit there.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

And if you need a post from me and don't get one, for Cthulhu's sake, PM me! Don't just sit there.
Hey Chibi, your cook hasn't finished with the fish yet, just a reminder :)

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven has installed holo-emitters for the AVIA program throughout the station. I figure I'll hold off until Sunday night from posting for him again to simulate the time, esp since I will be gone from tomorrow until Sunday or Monday night.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey Squid, I'm confused. Did Caitlin hear your response?

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I wish to join. Characters should be PM'ed to Rule some time in the next week or so, but my first set of characters must arive before the reinforcments from command do.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sure. A new character may bring some new life in here.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Wish I could get back to this, but will still be effectively absent for the foreseeable future. I don't know what's been going on since I disappeared, but so he's not just sleeping or something lame, please assume that Kars has taken to general maintenance and station restoration work til I can take part again. He's very good at fitting in spaces others can't, and is more than at home floating around outside the hull. He could be improving the stations turret defences or something.

(And sorry for the confusion back then Shrike, he was just talking to him self. Wouldn't have heard him.)

Squid out.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sooo yeah. I think it's time something changes. I want to fast forward to the point that the crew is fully staffed to give players new people to interact with. Also to let them focus on missions they want to undertake (PM me suggestions). Opinions?

This also serves as a kind of roll call. Who's still with this and who was going to drop out but is too polite to?

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Still here. Both of my characters will still be in. Will try to figure out mission-ish stuff for them, but it may take a bit.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm still here, and some new people to interact with would be fun :)

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know I'm still here. Having way too much fun with my character to even THINK about not staying.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

still here, but gone till the 27th starting tomorrow.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Count me in, so long as the little experiment in the Medical Bay can finish first. With Rule's permission, of course.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Speaking of which, hey Chibs, you may not have noticed, but in the middle of that whole big speil Caitlin spouted, there was a request for you to take a blood sample from Vance ;)

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh curses, I'm going to have to start working on my character more quickly then I thought. If the base is full of personnel when my guys arrive, they're very likely just going to get killed. I'll speak to Rule about it...

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh curses, I'm going to have to start working on my character more quickly then I thought. If the base is full of personnel when my guys arrive, they're very likely just going to get killed. I'll speak to Rule about it...
Well you did say it'd take a week. . . One and a half months ago.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, sorry about that. Work and stuff. You can go ahead anyway, I think I may be able to make it work even if the station is manned.