What's new

The Dungeon of Debauchery: Mind Flayer's CYOAs.

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Dungeon of Debauchery: Mind Flayer's CYOAs.

Gina has most likely betrayed the others in the dungeon as Elena is the first truly good being that has come around in some time that hasn't yet been corrupted. It is quite possible that Gina would like a better life for herself where she doesn't have to prey upon others; remember everything else is trapped in this dungeon as well I would think that some would like to escape it, Gina is likely one of them and that we are her best hope.

I say we trust her to guard her while we rest and give her a chance at redemption. If word gets out that we're recruiting and are kind we might be able to turn a good portion of the dungeon against itself.

B. Trust Gina to guard us while we rest.

OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

(A) East it is then folks (Also I almost forgot to add in their XP from the battle, Elena got 12 and Mia got 25 XP, but only Mia leveled up so it worked out alright in the end, as I put Mia's new attribute points in for her and everything. I put 1 in health, 1 in speed, and 1 in willpower for her just so you guys know.)

(While I agree that it wouldn't be rape if the person agreed to have sex and all for Elena to test her new tool, censuur is right, Elena would consider it to be blackmail in a way, which is out of character. Plus Elena is an innocent and kind, and slightly naive angel, so she isn't going to go out of her way to use something she was as she would consider herself cursed with on anyone unless she had no choice, or was overcome by lust whichever came first, so it'd technically still be out of character for her.)

(I'd also like to say that Zephyrion kind of has the right idea with what he said. Elena as an angel kind of purifies the place the further down she goes and all, which is her mission in coming here in the first place. Some of the more sentient creatures actually do want to leave the dungeon and would turn on the dungeon master in a heartbeat if they thought it could lead them to freedom, and the more Elena goes through the more beings she and Mia will find aren't as hostile as some of the others. Though some could just as easily use that as an excuse to trick them into a false sense of security, though I'll go ahead and say Gina is actually sincere about her surrender and offer. It's really the kind of decision that you gotta weigh your options carefully, do you let them live and risk them stabbing you in the back for the chance at getting something cool and maybe losing some CP, or kill them for the XP and maybe gain a little CP.)

After a few minutes of resting, the two got back up and ready to move out, deciding after a couple of minutes debate to head back the way they came, the two set out back to the room holding the steps leading up. Gina waved bye to the two as they headed on out, telling them to be careful as they left. (No encounter from the roll on either room.)

Once back in the room where they entered this floor from, they looked to both sides and followed the eastern path down the corridor, which was quite long and winding, and nearly took them five minutes or so. They eventually found their way into the next room, which as soon as they entered they saw another few foes awaiting them.

The saw two more of the empusas like the one they fought earlier, one of which was holding a rapier in her right hand, while the other held a staff like the previous one did. They also saw another plant monster in the room as well like the ones on the floor above them, its tentacles waving dangerously about as they stood there. Other than that they didn't See anything else save another amulet laying on the floor near the door on the opposite side of the room, which led to the room Gina said they might fins something useful.

"Wow, an angel and a drow working together huh. I never thought I'd see this to be honest," the staff wielding empusa said, then both of them started giggling an evil sort of giggle.

Great, more of those succubi like the one from before. Listen Elena, you keep them off of me while I take care of that plant thing, then we'll team up on those two,” Mia mumbled to Elena as the two lesser succubi stared at them both with malicious grins on their faces, outlaying a plan to follow.

Alright then I'll do my best Mia. Just don't take too long okay,” Elena replied, readying herself for battle again.

What should Elena do? Mia's target is set on the plant.

Elena's stuff:
Elena's current stats:
HP: 20/20, Pw/SE: 32/32, PP: 0/21, AC: 1/1, Status: fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations
2. Spellbook of 'Firebolt'
3. a wand of magic missile
4. a dark potion

Equipment being worn:
1. Specially designed magic robe(+2 magic to-hit, dmg, & non combat rolls, but gives no AC.)
2. An uncursed +0 Witches hat(+1 AC, +2 to all magic rolls)

Gold pouch: 123 gold pieces

Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Willpower: 8
Magic: 13 (+2 to all magic rolls)
Health: 6

XP level 3 - 42 points
CP level 0 - 20 points

Elena's skills & powers:
Basic attack with staff: 1d6 + strength modifier

1. Avenging light – deals 1d10 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
2. Heavens lightning – deals 1d8 lightning + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
3. Blinding light – doesn't deal any dmg, but blinds all enemies in room assuming it hits all of them for 2 turns, being blinded causes -10 to all attack rolls & -5 to evasion rolls. (costs 8 Pw to use)
4. Holy beam – deals 2d8 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 15 Pw to use)
5. Light heal – casting recovers 1d8 + magic modifier on the one it is cast on. Automatically succeeds on a cast. (costs 8 Pw to use)
6. Firebolt – deals 1d12 fire + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 12 Pw to use)
7. (Passive) Elena's corruption caps at level 15 instead of level 10.

Mia's stuff:
Mia's current stats
HP: 16/16, SE: 16/16, PP: 0/18, AC: 3/3, status: fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Light scale mail (gives +2 AC)
2. +0 Oilskin cloak(Gives the wearer +1 AC and +2 to evade grabs, increases by +1 to both per enchantment point.

Mia's Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 10(+1 to all strength rolls)
Speed: 12(+2 to all speed rolls)
Willpower: 7
Magic: 6

XP level 3 – 10 points
CP level 0 – 43 points

Mia's skills:
Mia is dual wielding her Elven longsword and the unidentified dagger Elena gave her. Basic attack with her +0 Elven longsword – weapon dmg is 1d8 +2 +str (Mia's weapon cannot be enchanted past a +2), Basic attack with her dagger is 1d4 +0 +str (Currently unidentified so she doesn't know any other properties)

1. Slice and dice – deals 1W + strength & speed modifier dmg. (costs 5 SE to use)
2. Deep cut: deals 1W + strength modifier dmg, and causes 5 ongoing dmg, (costs 10 SE to use)
3. Perfect balance (passive skill): Mia gains +2 evasion and cannot be unbalanced.

Enemies:
lvl 3 Empusa – HP: 18/18, PP: 0/14, status: fine and waving her rapier at Elena dangerously
lvl 2 Empusa – HP: 15/15, PP: 0/16, status: fine and eying Elena mischievously
lvl 2 Tentacles plant – HP: 12/12, PP: 0/12, status: fine

Options:

(A) – Attack. (Choose a target.)

(B) – Retreat for now.

(C) – Other.

NorthernCross

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

A. Blind them in your light.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

A. Holy beam level 3 empusa right away

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A, Blinding light.

Kln

Reputation score

A Holy Beam on the rapier-wielding empusa

Like Mot, I'd start big and put one of the empusas out of commission

nightshade99

Reputation score

A. The same.

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A, Holy Beam the level 2 Empusa. Easier to kill that one in one :p

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A. Holy beam the plant while taking position between Mia and the other two (so much metagame-thinking, your character can't tell which of the two is higher level). Knowing Mia's combat record it might be best to stick together and take out everything one at a time.

MageWarrior210

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A Holy Beam the Plant first, and I agree on censuur's case: The best we can do is focus fire on one target at a time, because IF our luck starts running out, I don't think spreading our firepower is such a good idea... in fact in some Roguelikes, it'd be ideal for you to fight one enemy at a time, but since we don't have such an option to use a Chokepoint (apparently), the best option I can see is to focus all firepower on one target at a time.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A holy beam but the staff wield never trust a magician

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A. Gank the Mage (staff wielder)

Genius700

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A Holy Beam the Plant first, and I agree on censuur's case: The best we can do is focus fire on one target at a time, because IF our luck starts running out, I don't think spreading our firepower is such a good idea... in fact in some Roguelikes, it'd be ideal for you to fight one enemy at a time, but since we don't have such an option to use a Chokepoint (apparently), the best option I can see is to focus all firepower on one target at a time.
I agree with this thinking.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Always go for status effects. They always save you. Also, finally caught back up with this story. Yay!

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Or they get resisted and you waste a turn ;)

I refuse to take our luck for granted!

A

aguy

A. Blinding Light

OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

(A) 'Blinding light' (I counted 5 votes for 'Blinding light' and 3 for 'Holy beam' on either of the succubi. If I've counted wrong let me know, but that's the way I've read the votes.)

Mia nodded to Elena, their plan set and then rushed at the plant monster. She weaved in between its tentacles as they waved about at her trying to either hit or grab her. Once she closed the distance and got close enough, Mia swung her sword with all her might at the plant stem and cut into it, her blade shearing through every bit of the bast of the plant stem and cutting it down to the ground, dead before it could try to retaliate against her attack. (Mia used the skill 'Slice and dice' and rolled a 32 vs 11 for the Tentacled plant, rolling a total of 12 HP dmg and killing it. She rolled a 7 on her d8 roll, +2 from her sword, +2 from speed and +1 from strength. Mia spent 5 SE.)

The empusa that had the rapier flapped her wings and flew towards Elena, and as she got close she swung it at Elena, who ducked under it only to find the woman had spun after swinging the first time and brought the hilt of her rapier right into Elena's face, busting her lip and bringing a cry of pain from Elena as she stumbled back, clutching her face where she was hit. (The rapier wielding empusa rolled a 46 vs 17 for Elena, barely missing a critical and dealing a total of 6 HP dmg to Elena.)

The staff wielding empusa readied her magic and blasted a 'Force bolt' at the lovely young angel. Elena managed to avoid the magic sent at her as she recovered from having her lip busted open and ducked under the magic attack. (The staff wielding empusa rolled a 31 vs 49 for Elena, missing her.)

Elena got herself ready to retaliate against the two succubi and once she had gathered her magic, she cast her 'Blinding light' spell to blind her two foes. She watched as the empusa that hit her grabbed her face and covered her eyes, shrieking in pain as she was blinded by Elena's spell. They also overheard another groan of pain from near the door they came in and when Elena and Mia glanced over to see what or who it came from they didn't see anything at first, but as they looked closer they noticed footprints on the floor in the dust and a moment later another one appeared and then another. (Elena rolled a 43 vs 29 on the rapier wielding empusa, a 25 vs 38 on the staff wielding empusa, and a crit 41 vs 10 on the invisible stalker in the room, blinding all but the staff wielding empusa and spending 8 Pw.)

Ah... so you've found our little pet hmm... you won't be able to hit him as easily as you hit the my plant though drow,” The staff wielding succubus said to the girls when they noticed what seemed to be an invisible creature of some sort.

They could hear the invisible creature stumbling towards them and all of a sudden Mia felt a fist slam into the pit of her stomach, though her armor dulled the shock of the hit for the most part thankfully. It did still hurt quite a bit however as she staggered back and away from Elena. (The Stalker rolled a 23 vs 3 for Mia, hitting her for 4 HP dmg after subtracting for her AC.)

Hang on Elena, I'll be over there as soon as I can okay,” Mia called out to her friend, holding her sword and dagger up as she got ready to fight this invisible creature.

What should Elena do now?

(The girls regained 7 Pw/SE this turn, bringing Mia back to max and Elena 1 shy of max.)

Initiative:
1. Mia
2. rapier wielding empusa
3. staff wielding empusa
4. Elena
5. Stalker

Elena's stuff:
Elena's current stats:
HP: 14/20, Pw/SE: 31/32, PP: 0/21, AC: 1/1, Status: fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations
2. Spellbook of 'Firebolt'
3. a wand of magic missile
4. a dark potion

Equipment being worn:
1. Specially designed magic robe(+2 magic to-hit, dmg, & non combat rolls, but gives no AC.)
2. An uncursed +0 Witches hat(+1 AC, +2 to all magic rolls)

Gold pouch: 123 gold pieces

Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Willpower: 8
Magic: 13 (+2 to all magic rolls)

XP level 3 - 42 points
CP level 0 - 20 points

Elena's skills & powers:
Basic attack with staff: 1d6 + strength modifier

1. Avenging light – deals 1d10 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
2. Heavens lightning – deals 1d8 lightning + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
3. Blinding light – doesn't deal any dmg, but blinds all enemies in room assuming it hits all of them for 2 turns, being blinded causes -10 to all attack rolls & -5 to evasion rolls. (costs 8 Pw to use)
4. Holy beam – deals 2d8 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 15 Pw to use)
5. Light heal – casting recovers 1d8 + magic modifier on the one it is cast on. Automatically succeeds on a cast. (costs 8 Pw to use)
6. Firebolt – deals 1d12 fire + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 12 Pw to use)
7. (Passive) Elena's corruption caps at level 15 instead of level 10.

Mia's stuff:
Mia's current stats
HP: 12/16, SE: 16/16, PP: 0/18, AC: 3/3, status: fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Light scale mail (gives +2 AC)
2. +0 Oilskin cloak(Gives the wearer +1 AC and +2 to evade grabs, increases by +1 to both per enchantment point.

Mia's Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 10(+1 to all strength rolls)
Speed: 12(+2 to all speed rolls)
Willpower: 7
Magic: 6

XP level 3 – 10 points
CP level 0 – 43 points

Mia's skills:
Mia is dual wielding her Elven longsword and the unidentified dagger Elena gave her. Basic attack with her +0 Elven longsword – weapon dmg is 1d8 +2 +str (Mia's weapon cannot be enchanted past a +2), Basic attack with her dagger is 1d4 +0 +str (Currently unidentified so she doesn't know any other properties)

1. Slice and dice – deals 1W + strength & speed modifier dmg. (costs 5 SE to use)
2. Deep cut: deals 1W + strength modifier dmg, and causes 5 ongoing dmg, (costs 10 SE to use)
3. Perfect balance (passive skill): Mia gains +2 evasion and cannot be unbalanced.

Enemies:
lvl 3 Empusa A – HP: 18/18, PP: 0/14, status: fine, but blind for 2 more turns and no longer waving her rapier at Elena dangerously
lvl 2 Empusa – HP: 15/15, PP: 0/16, status: fine and not blind, and still eying Elena mischievously
lvl 2 Tentacled plant – HP: 0dead/12, PP: 0/12, status: dead
lvl 2 Stalker - HP: 12/12, PP: 0/14, status: fine, but blind for 1 more turns, but also invisible too

Options:

(A) – Attack.

(B) – Retreat.

(C) – Other.

Last edited:
A

aguy

A. Avenging light stalker

Couple of questions:
1. Do we somehow still have full health, or did it just not get reduced on the stat sheet?
2. How is the stalker blind for just one turn when we got a crit on him, while the empusa is blind for two turns? Racial bonus kind of thing? Something we will be learning the hard way as we progress?

hmmm... thinking about it, we do still have the wand of magic missile which seemed to do alright, maybe that would work here against the invisible enemy? but i don't remember exactly how it worked when we used it and don't feel like combing through to find our trial run again. I stand by Avenging light!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I forgot to take Elena's HP away from that, already edited it though. The answer to the second question is the Stalker already took a turn after being blinded, the succubus didn't, therefore it only has 1 more turn of blindness while it's got 2. Her 'Blinding light' spell doesn't really do anything more for the moment with a critical, but I've already decided that it will be upgradable at the first new power/feat which is next XP level along with a few other powers that are either new or upgrades the current powers.

Edit: As long as whatever you throw at the Stalker hits it, then it'll do the amount of damage it says in the descriptions, so use whatever you want. The wand in question is an automatic hit, but at the cost of using another of its remaining charges, of which they don't know how many there are left.

Last edited:

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A, Avenging light Empusa B.