What's new

The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

I love sleeping from 11-2 again

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

EA has made WAY more than sports games. That was just the first example that came to my head.
Also, EA made Spore. That makes them Godly x3

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

once you install the DRM software you can't uninstall it without digging deep into your registry, configuration files, and deleting files from the windows directory and programs directory directly.

I suggest you don't install it unless you are:
A) totally ignorant and don't care that you will be monitored by EA.
B) don't mind that you computer's security and anti virus software will have been disabled making your PC even more vulnerable to viruses and mall ware.
Don't even get me started on Spore. This is, by the way, the reason it was the most pirated software of 2008.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You really don't seem to put much into other people's personal opinions do you?
You can't just say "I didn't enjoy this game" "To me this game was sub par"... using the vocabulary you are, it makes it seem like another's opinion doesn't really matter, and you are trying to convince us all to be video game snobs like yourself, instead of being able to sit down and enjoy a nice game of whatever we want.

Chibi enjoys Spore. It works for her. So what? I'm not saying its a good game, nor am I saying its bad (mostly cause I haven't played it, it doesn't interest me). That doesn't mean you have to mention about holding back on some rant.

And really what's wrong with a short game? Sometimes people don't have time to spend on these 80+ hour super epics with Shakespearean quality storylines, and pushing the edge of gameplay that just boggles the mind, and also be perfectly and utterly bug free. In fact, thinking of the time, money, and effort that would go into making that kind of game is almost making me want to tear my hair out and whip someone with it.

People enjoy games for some fun, some entertainment. You are expecting much to much out of something that could be wonderfully simple.

Example, I recently got Fairytale Fights. What sold me? The graphics. I couldn't resist running around it the cutest world that almost belonged on a Kid's program, and splashing blood all over the damn place. The gameplay, sub-par. Story, fucking nil. Funny? Absolutely. I look past the glitches that even make me die because I'm sitting back and laughing at how absolutely ridiculous the whole set up is.

Personal opinion is what counts in games, and I thank Christ, Zeus, Thor, Allah, God and everyone in between that not everyone thinks like you, else I'd be having flashbacks to being forced through classic epics of Romeo and Juliet when all I really want to do is blow a zombie's skull across a wall.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

That's not what I was going for but I can certainly see how it sounded that way. Everything I was saying was under the assumption that the connotation of "this is my opinion, disagree with it or not" was clear. I was assuming that by posting a response to my opinion, you guys cared about what my opinion was, so I was stating it. I didn't mean to sound like I was putting everybody else down.

I wasn't putting down Chibi for enjoying spore, in fact I wasn't saying anything about spore at all. I was talking about the integrity of EA as a company, which I thought was the underlying point Chibi was trying to make, in response to my bitching about it in the first place. By giving an example of how EA is an awful company, I meant to show how EA is not in fact as much as she may have thought. I can definitely see how "Don't get me started on spore" could have been misleading though.

Also, there seems to be a misunderstanding about my personal enjoyment of games. Just because some things disappoint me doesn't mean I don't enjoy the games - I play them, enjoy them for what they were worth, and then imagine possibilities for improvement, especially if there were things that particularly bugged me about it.

You being sold on the graphics of Fairytale Fights is a legitimate reason for enjoying the game - you can admit that the graphics are all that they were going for. You're not making ridiculous claims about it being "best game EVAR" like most of the games market does for whatever prettiest game that they just played. I'm not saying every game should be great. I'm saying that (I think) games that aren't great shouldn't be lauded as great.

Also, like you pointed out, there's a difference between a great game and a fun game. But are you saying that a game which is mindless zombie slaying (which I agree can be great fun!) is great? Because I think fun is only one factor in a multitude of factors that makes a game great. A great game is fun, but a fun game isn't necessarily great. Agree or disagree?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Personally I would say if I enjoy one single aspect of a game wether someone else does or not. Then that game to me is great, wether every aspect is great or not it's still great to me. Of course your opinion is still valid to yourself, that's why it's an opinion afterall.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

what's this about disabling the virus protection? I haven't had to do that. Nor has anyone else that I know personally that has it. The only reason i would pirate it is game cost, but my best friend is giving it to me because it wasn't her cup of tea.

She loves the SIMs x3

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm lookin' at the arguing, then I'm lookin' at the title of the thread, then I'm facepalmin'.

Then I'm talkin' about all tha shit I love, like boobies. And Toxic's bumhole.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm lookin' at the arguing, then I'm lookin' at the title of the thread, then I'm facepalmin'.
*hangs head in shame*

I've been thinking this was the hate thread the whole time >.>

I love... um... Hey I love boobies too.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't. I'm one of the few people who think they are completely overrated. My eyes always tend to focus on other areas

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love rear ends. The bottom line, whatever you want to call it. If it's nicely shaped, I love it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

@ Alias, alright, thanks for that post. Did clear some things up a bit with the way I was reading your posts. However, why a game is great I think falls to the individual. However, as you pointed out, I am as well tired of people lauding every other huge blockbuster game that comes out as "the best game ever". Tis tiresome.

Regardless, my apologies for my... vigorous debating.

I love breasts as well. I love my own, I love other women's. I think they are beautiful curvy things. I could go on about them...

Other areas are nice too Toxic.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Legs and hair. As well as feet on certain persons.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

I love the feeling of only getting 3 hours of sleep

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Regardless, my apologies for my... vigorous debating.
Don't apologize! That's exactly what I joined the forum for anyway.

I love breasts as well. I love my own, I love other women's. I think they are beautiful curvy things. I could go on about them...
Something we can all agree on =D
I'm sad though, I accidentally bit my lovely's nipple this morning and I feel awful about it >< To me it's sort of like... a devout Catholic knocking off the head of a statue of Jesus. Very upsetting =(

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love getting bitten.

I also keep forgetting to tell my roomie "Not literally!" when I say Bite me. Because he'll get me all worked up and then leave me puddled on the floor.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Legs and hair. As well as feet on certain persons.
I had to read "legs and hair" before I realized you didn't mean the hair on their legs

Lurker
Reputation score

I love...

There's a point when you're drinking, for me it's about a half-bottle of rum or so, where everything just sort of gets easy and the pressure goes away. You still have the majority of your awareness, you just kind of ease up. That feeling, of comfort and confidence, that is what I love.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Hells yes Newbie, agreed, I love that feeling, it makes me sad that I only get to drink like twice a year.