What's new

The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

Pretty sure Alias was just being an Ass.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Yup. The fact that your girlfriend is obviously not a leafy green was pretty much the joke.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

I love that this thread was 45 pages before I found it.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love gourmet candy corn.

Mmm. Blackberry

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't post here much, but OMFG I LOVE BORDERLANDS LIKE MY OWN SON.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I love having money to spend on things I want.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's out already? And its good?

Awesome, I'll have to go take a peak for it then.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I've googled it but didn't find anything, so this is probably a stupid question, but is there a possibility of playing Borderlands for free? It doesn't really sound all that interesting but if you're having such a happygasm over it I figure it's worth a shot =P

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've googled it but didn't find anything, so this is probably a stupid question, but is there a possibility of playing Borderlands for free? It doesn't really sound all that interesting but if you're having such a happygasm over it I figure it's worth a shot =P
I tend not to trust other people's happygasms. Though to one person its the best thing ever, to me it might be horrible. Example: Bioshock. Everyone loved that game and thought it was absolutely amazing. For me, it seemed like a fairly average shooter.

It also works in reverse. I'm uber excited about Dragon Age and have been toting it around since I've heard of it. But no one else is really that excited for it. To most its just another fantasy RPG.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, agreed. Bioshock wasn't all that great. I don't think Mass Effect was nearly as good as everybody thinks it was. But then again, sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I love buffalo wings. Yummmmmmm.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love this song and music video

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Congrats Chibi you just earned a rare +rep from me. That song nad video is awesome.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

TAKE THAT BACK!
Borderlands is better than your kid and you know it!

Anyway yeah, I have my qualms about it. I wouldn't call it brilliant, but it's something new. I can name numerous FPS's that I enjoy more, but I never thought I'd happily spend this much time and interest in an FPS. If Goldeneye 64 had listed stats for it's guns, I wouldn't have sat there comparing, I just would have played. But every time I find a new hoard of weapons in Borderlands, I run back to the first shop I can get, and play the math game where I compare until i find my best pistol/shotgun/smg/rifle so on and so forth. Even then, I'm not satisfied with the results and will often have 2 different rifles and revolvers for different purposes. I plan out everything for every enemy, and it's cool. The most I've ever had to plan for enemies in other FPS's are where to shoot. I even got so hoarded up with weapons one day, I compared every like weapon, separating them into "keep" and "garbage" piles, then went through the garbage pile, picking up the only the most expensive weapons, so I could resell them.

It's fucking ridiculous, and I never imagined myself doing this, but then again, my opinion is a little jaded as I am FAR from being an RPG fan, and any play that seems like "work" is a bitch to me, and completely devoid of my understanding

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, Borderlands. It's the bastard lovechild of Diablo and Fallout 3, all cell-shaded and pretty. Large maps that are somehow impossible to get lost in, criticals that rely on aim instead of a percentage, tons upon tons of weapon models, though they do seem modular at times, and a smallish-yet-elegant slew of targets to shoot, almost all requiring different strategies.

Been playing it since two days before it's first mention on these boards, it's a lot of fun :D

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, agreed. Bioshock wasn't all that great. I don't think Mass Effect was nearly as good as everybody thinks it was. But then again, sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Mass Effect was great as an RPG... though the combat of the game was lacking. A lot. The RPG elements, and the storytelling, and the conversations were all great.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

MASS EFFECT HAD 2 MENNY WERDS :(

No but seriously, I guess I should have expected it from a game that was obviously story driven, but a little less talk, a little more action please. Borderlands is pretty much that, which is why I love it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

MASS EFFECT HAD 2 MENNY WERDS :(

No but seriously, I guess I should have expected it from a game that was obviously story driven, but a little less talk, a little more action please. Borderlands is pretty much that, which is why I love it.
This again pertains to what I said earlier. I love the game and its story... but someone like Obe would have preferred more action (and really, Mass Effect didn't do the action too well. It was okay, but not too good), hence Borderlands, a game that revells in how many guns it has.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

This again pertains to what I said earlier. I love the game and its story... but someone like Obe would have preferred more action (and really, Mass Effect didn't do the action too well. It was okay, but not too good), hence Borderlands, a game that revells in how many guns it has.
I read an acticle on MSN news, and one of the things she kept on pointing out was the '87 bazillion guns'