The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

You obviously misunderstood what I said in it's entirety.

I'm referring to the fact that extremist feminists would be confused if their target of attack suddenly changed from male in description to female in encounter.

Also, I'm only making out the feminists as the silly "Women are better" kind because that's the thought that struck me at Oni's description. That and I take every opportunity I get to make fun of said type of person, because naturally I'm a man and even when they were more discriminated against than they are today, women held a power over men.

Maybe I didn't word it well, but in the end my description of both sides really had very little to nothing to do with rape in the first place, so I don't even really understand your response.
Yes, you must have really worded it poorly, and also not realized what was being said when you jumped in. I see someone saying "trappish" appearance and see that as an attack against Ranger. There are so many other ways you could have worded it, could have even worded it as you did above. But you used "trappish appearance" instead.

As for having little to nothing to do with rape... we had been talking about that, it was at the core. So you ignored a portion of the conversation, the very part that had legitimized anyone rallying to Ranger's house, simply so you could attack a portion of feminists.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Imma post this and in no way contribute (further) to the conversation. Note that this picture in no way expresses my views on this discussion.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

simply so you could attack a portion of feminists.
This. And as for me wording my post(s) poorly, yes I tend to do that.
I would defend myself more as to not listening to the conversation (as I was)
And whether or not I was ignoring it (Which I wasn't doing really)
But I'm too tired at the moment.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=202946#post202946

For the post above I got this:

I wouldn't expect you to be so narrow-minded with your opinion, if you want to prove my morals wrong, do it in PMs rather than bluntly disapproving.

So my morals are able to be bluntly disaproved, and as soon as I go to defend equality and talk about the negative aspects of stereotyping, I'm narrow minded?

Well isn't this fucking hypocritical. Someone else can shout out their morals to the world, but as soon as I do it's "Hey... you can't do that."

Why? Because I said something that didn't jive with what you said? Can't have any opposing views to what you think? And I'm "narrow-minded" for believing that stereotypes are a not a good thing for the betterment of society? Fuck that noise.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

[Quick Edit: I may have misread Sin's posts it seems regarding the stereotype matter, but I'll leave this post anyway.]

Just for the record, I got the joke/understood what Cappy was saying fine and didn't read ill intent into it.

I think part of the issue here is that whilst there may well be room left to improve on equality, the concept of "feminism" seems old fashioned nowadays. Not in the sense that people aren't interested any more, but that it's accepted and taken as standard.

It's a bit like if a black gathering led a highly vocal anti racism rally through the streets of London today. People wouldn't oppose their cause at all, but they'd be bewildered to see them doing it.

Unfortunately modern feminist activity has gained itself a reputation as agressive outspoken crusaders trying their hardest to find fault in everything around them, and has built a rather harmful stereotype. Remember the talk show radio station in GTA: Vice city, with the angry "feminist" proudly talking about murdering her husband and all that? GTA takes the piss out of everyone, but that's the well known stereotype, and it was the stereotype that Cappy was talking about.

For anyone following feminist movements such as Equality Now spear heading the charge on demanding a ban on hentai due to it being degrading to women, and the resulting disputes when they collide with female hentai artists, the situation Cappy described is actually quite familiar.

Last edited:
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=202946#post202946

For the post above I got this:

I wouldn't expect you to be so narrow-minded with your opinion, if you want to prove my morals wrong, do it in PMs rather than bluntly disapproving.

So my morals are able to be bluntly disaproved, and as soon as I go to defend equality and talk about the negative aspects of stereotyping, I'm narrow minded?

Well isn't this fucking hypocritical. Someone else can shout out their morals to the world, but as soon as I do it's "Hey... you can't do that."

Why? Because I said something that didn't jive with what you said? Can't have any opposing views to what you think? And I'm "narrow-minded" for believing that stereotypes are a not a good thing for the betterment of society? Fuck that noise.
I was responding to your neg rep, and I assumed you would realize it's me.
I never undermined your opinion, I argued against it, but were you started to disapprove of me personally was were I started to lack tolerance, sinful.

You may believe in your own opinion and argue against mine, but you started to make it personal the moment you showed signs of being irate or angry over it with your speech towards me.

So whatever you want to say, say it, but don't expect it to be accepted as such by everyone, and don't take offense when somebody plays advocate to their own opinion.

Edit: Sin's neg rep to my argument: Really Cappy? This just sounds like a support for stereotypes. Well done -Sin

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Why is I still love you negative?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

There's a sadface after it, so maybe it means...*scratches head* Hell, I dunno. Stumped me, too. Maybe they're disagreeing with the post, but they still love him anyway. That's about all I got.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Pretty sure that's to the post where he says he wants neg rep, or the one he complains about people giving him +rep when he wants -rep.

That'd make sense.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My arms are actually kinda stringy and long. However the rest of me is soft and warm, and what with me being limber allows me to hold people tight, so you're kind of right, repper, they are certainly up there

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

How does it feel to be a massive nigger?

- Some tips on trolling young blood, try find a sensitive subject on the part of the person you're insulting.

- Next step is to exploit these sensitive spots in insults, for example I have more of a weakness for serious personal criticisms, so you would have more luck finding one of the many stupid posts I've made from ages past. Rather than a random irrelevant post as you did.

- Examine it closely, shuffle through the flaws one by one, and try determine which would be best used.

- Then use the most obvious flaws within to make heavy handed personal insults towards me.

- Bonus points if you do it with bad spelling, cause that shit insinuates that somebody illiterate thinks of himself as superior to me, and has legitimate reason to do so.

====================================================================================================================

Of course I'm too lazy to do any of that, and I prefer to cruise the easy road on 4chan, by making interracial threads and thereby offending any one of the younger children who are honestly prejudiced against black people, rather than just trolling as is the norm.

Lately I haven't even been doing that, because honestly I've got better things to do.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Because that avatar is ridiculously cute and makes me smile

If I weren't hungry I'd think of a comment.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You're a towel Cappy.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My arms are actually kinda stringy and long. However the rest of me is soft and warm, and what with me being limber allows me to hold people tight, so you're kind of right, repper, they are certainly up there
No I'm not still with him.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No... you are in fact, a towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.