What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Project X - current version 2.5

"too willed by the masses"?

You mean too much influence by the fans/audience? Following their every whim and losing the original vision of the game?
I guess. Honestly it wasn't a subject I followed much on beyond the aspect of a character loss. But I'll admit that Project X as far as Stage 2 goes has been changed at least 3 times to fit the 'fans' wants/bitching/whining.

...And apparently it looks like Tail's will be added soon enough as well, his HP bar a cock, and by the looks of things instead of 'impregnated' it'll be how long he'll last till he cums.

coyoteman362001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would think so. I mean, they did cave on a few things. Although I'm a bit glad they got rid of the skeleton.

I thought the skeleton was great, and Zu's animation in particular was hilarious, with her panties spat out onto her skull. I thought it was really great dark humor and it was a real shame that enough people whined about it to compel Zeta to remove it.

But that's just my opinion, and my opinion isn't any more valid than yours.

Dundarach

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess. Honestly it wasn't a subject I followed much on beyond the aspect of a character loss. But I'll admit that Project X as far as Stage 2 goes has been changed at least 3 times to fit the 'fans' wants/bitching/whining.

...And apparently it looks like Tail's will be added soon enough as well, his HP bar a cock, and by the looks of things instead of 'impregnated' it'll be how long he'll last till he cums.
Yes, i know about the implementation of a male character as well as an underwater level in the next update.

It will be hilarious when playing a 2-player game i assume!

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone have a save for 2.8? The save earlier doesn't seem to work.

coyoteman362001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Rock Candy Felt that project x was too willed by the masses or something I think...Regardless it was Rock candy who started it, and who in the end pulled Zu from the Project in the first place with Zeta trying to get them to relax and add Zu to the game. Overall it is Rock Candy's call if in right judgment or not. So if she doesn't want Zu in the game, she doens't have to be.
Well, based on Rock Candy's comments in his guest book, it doesn't even look like Rock Candy understands why Zu was removed.

Rock Candy's guest book said:
Azin wrote:
Was just curious what exactly caused ZU to get taken out of project x?
Rock Candy wrote:
I don't know, she's hasn't said a word to me about anything. Which is odd. Maybe she's butthurt or something. I'll find out somehow...
Azin wrote:
On her project X forum, she said she's been trying to get a hold of you for permission about something regarding Zu, but can't, or something akin to that. I was just wondering what it was, but it looks like you haven't gotten anything. I could link you to the forum post if you want, on her site.
Rock Candy wrote:
Do link. That sounds like bullshit, I am making Zu's sprites.
Azin wrote:
"And the last bad new is the development of Zu will be stoped until I clarify several things with RC, sorry about this." From the post, there you go man.
Rock Candy wrote:
Uhu... Well, I'll have to talk to her later then.
Source:

I don't know; it's all very strange. I hope they work it out, though; based on Rock Candy's comments, he still says he's still working on Zu's sprites and he doesn't know why Zu was removed, so I would guess that he still wants to work on the project.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There was a skeleton in Project X at one point? It sounds intriguing...

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Correct. The Zone 2 boss would actually eat your character and spit out her remains as a one-hit kill.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

But then bitchy people that can't stand to see an 8-bit skeleton showed up and ruined the fun for all the nostalgic people out there...

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Really??? That sounds awesome! plus, it would add extreme difficulty to the game. The second boss now is just pathetically easy... How long ago was the skeleton nixed?

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It bothered me that the skeleton was black, and sorta artifacted looking. It was a little jarring, but it bugged me more that a giant piranha plant was spitting out a neat little skeleton rather than just eating it or spitting out disjointed bones and shit than that I/the character had just died a horrible grisly death.

Then again, as your life bar's based getting fucked/jizzing, and nothing you fought really died, you could probably argue it was against the game's grain or something.

coyoteman362001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really??? That sounds awesome! plus, it would add extreme difficulty to the game. The second boss now is just pathetically easy... How long ago was the skeleton nixed?
The skeletons were in version 2.0 and only in version 2.0.

GargantuaBlarg said:
It bothered me that the skeleton was black, and sorta artifacted looking. It was a little jarring, but it bugged me more that a giant piranha plant was spitting out a neat little skeleton rather than just eating it or spitting out disjointed bones and shit than that I/the character had just died a horrible grisly death.
Only Zeta's was black, since she's some type of cyborg. Zu, in fact, was spat out in, um, pieces. Her animation was probably the most brutal of all of them, but it was also the funniest. As for being against the grain, well, it's a boss character (and an obviously carnivorous one at that), and I would expect boss characters to be more brutal than normal ones. This particular boss is also trying to stop you from saving another girl who is being raped by the plant, so I still think it fits the theme of the game.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well out of personal taste I felt the game to be uplifting and cartoonish, which it is. Seeing the skeleton kinda killed the atmosphere of the game for me. The skeletal vore completely took me by surprise... I'm not one of the people that complained so plz don't flames me <_<.
Doesn't the boss still do a one-hit kill? Just in rape form?

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Um nope, i schould be still able to be playable and you ll need your Lifes/Cont
for the next comming Stages.
I think there will be more than just 3 stages...and you loose your lifes fast.
Besides, the difficult will raise with every Stage i think.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The boss is 'almost' a one hit kill in the latest version. It does extreme damage, so much that only high HP characters can survive it once. If you were playing Zu, your HP would be gone if caught, since she's got such a glass jaw.

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

boss parts pls

thanks ^_^

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Well out of personal taste I felt the game to be uplifting and cartoonish, which it is. Seeing the skeleton kinda killed the atmosphere of the game for me. The skeletal vore completely took me by surprise... I'm not one of the people that complained so plz don't flames me <_<.
Heh, never heard of Dragon lair?

Here check out. This is what i mean by nostalgic. ;)

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Only Zeta's was black, since she's some type of cyborg. Zu, in fact, was spat out in, um, pieces. Her animation was probably the most brutal of all of them, but it was also the funniest. As for being against the grain, well, it's a boss character (and an obviously carnivorous one at that), and I would expect boss characters to be more brutal than normal ones. This particular boss is also trying to stop you from saving another girl who is being raped by the plant, so I still think it fits the theme of the game.
Well, I mean, the game was pretty light-hearted up to that point. It's kinda like if you lost to Bowser in Mario 64, he'd pick you up, eat half of you, and then smashed the rest of you like in that ogre guro fighter we had here a while back. Even as a boss and a giant, spiked dragon-turtle-dinosaur thing, he never fucked your shit up fatality style.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Precisely my point, thank you Blarg. ;D
Heh, never heard of Dragon lair?

Here check this out. This is what i mean by nostalgic.
Yes I know of Dragon Lair and the character's unavoidable tendency to skeletonize after just about every death. (except in the GB version, but who plays that? <_<) Thanks for the link, that review was hilarious.

coyoteman362001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I mean, the game was pretty light-hearted up to that point. It's kinda like if you lost to Bowser in Mario 64, he'd pick you up, eat half of you, and then smashed the rest of you like in that ogre guro fighter we had here a while back. Even as a boss and a giant, spiked dragon-turtle-dinosaur thing, he never fucked your shit up fatality style.
Come on now; a skeleton isn't guro. There were no blood and guts in the scenes.

And it's funny that you should mention Mario. Mario actually does turn into a skeleton in Super Mario Galaxy if he is electrocuted. I shit you not! Also, in New Super Mario Bros, when Mario sends Bowser into the lava, Bowser turns into a skeleton in a pretty morbid scene. Haha, so the roles are reversed! (And I thought Mario was supposed to be a good guy?)

Also check out the Die-O-Rama from Crash Tag Team Racing. Crash is turned into a skeleton a couple of times, along with several other silly deaths.

Also, light-hearted? In a game where the characters are brutally raped? I agree that seeing the girls sliced-and-diced guro-style wouldn't be too pleasant, but I think some fun Dragon's Lair-style silly deaths fit well with the mood of the game. Not to mention all the dark but humorous deaths that characters would suffer in those old Sierra adventure games like King's Quest and Laura Bow. It's a bit of a fine line, I suppose, but in my opinion the skeleton scenes are humorous. Most of the people who were so disturbed by the scenes, it seems, are too young to remember games like Dragon's Lair.