What's new

Things that make you want to cry

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Things that make you want to cry

You think it's tough to watch try living through, then there's no off button.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed... but that's not something we should always be bringing to this table.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

No thanks. I've got enough shit to deal with without opening that can of worms. My dad is constantly getting me to try to join the service, and your reaction is exactly why I keep refusing. I can't imagine what you folks go through and I don't want to be able to.

Of course, he's in the musical section, not the actual military. Bleh.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah sorry, it's about all I really have to add to the conversation. Er, uh bells...bells can be sad I guess.

Actually I remember a winnie the pooh episode that made me cry whe I was little. All I really remember about it is there was a little blue bird in it, and rabbit was actually nice for once.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

It's manly to cry at the end of Old Yeller.

That's about all I got.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Where the Red Fern Grows made me cry back in the day.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Where the Red Fern Grows made me cry back in the day.
That still makes me cry!

Oh, I got it, when you've stuck with a book series for years and the Author not only kills my favorite character, but ends the book in the middle of a fight with an uncertain outcome.... And it's the final book in the series. (I'm looking at you Animorphs)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Book events that make me want to cry:

I'm warning you right now, if you haven't read Ghost King, that this is a spoiler of who lives and who dies.
I mean it, this is your last warning.
RA Salvatore, after building a romance between Drizzt and Cattie-brie for the entire series, forcing them through dozens of perilous adventures together, including having Cattie-brie rescue Drizzt from Menzoberanzan(sp), Salvatore goes right ahead and kills her. After having their romantic relationship for 3 books, that's it. Game over. She dies. A character that's been in the series since the first book, gone. Leaving Drizzt alone with Guen and Bruenor, and maybe Jarlaxle, since Wulfgar and Entreri have been written out of the series.

But no, he doesn't stop there. He also kills Regis, their halfling friend who they've likewise gone through hell to rescue on more than one occasion. Another character that's been in the entire series, gone.

But wait, there's more! He also kills Cadderly, the hero and main character of 5 books, together called the Cleric Quintet. But not only does he kill him, he forces the poor bastard to trap himself on the Plane of Shadow so he can walk in a circle for eternity, keeping up a ward that prevents a dracolich from returning to the Material Plane. That's a character who had 5 books devoted to him, gone.

I haven't been this pissed off about a book since Terry Brooks killed Allanon in the Wishsong of Shannara.

Having said that, when does the next damn book come out? :D

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Oh sweet jeebus, the Wishsong. *weeps*

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Did you hate the Ohmsfords in that book as much as I did? Because after that, I couldn't read the series anymore. I just didn't care about any of the characters without Allanon, especially when they tried to replace him with Walker Boh.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Did you hate the Ohmsfords in that book as much as I did? Because after that, I couldn't read the series anymore. I just didn't care about any of the characters without Allanon, especially when they tried to replace him with Walker Boh.
I was still pretty young when i read them, so I dillied off to the new books coming out until i think Jarka Ruus. With his new ones he's combining them with "The Knight of the Word" and "Angel Fire East" universe. Wtf. I had enough of Anne Rice doing that with The Mayfair witches and The Vampire Chronicles. Ughy. I like all his Landover books though.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Raistlin's story is definitely my favorite story in Dragonlance and the song manages to remind me of all the right parts.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Welcome forum Netizens to the newly revived "Things that make you want to cry"

I didn't knew about Dragonlance franchise until one musical and that actually leave me crying with the story and the endings, well made.
Also a side-plug:
A Russian group of signers gathered to make a musical about the Twins Chronicles. The project called Последнее испытание (The Last Trial) emphasized on our beloved character Raistlin. the musical contain English subtitles to make it available to a larger public.
It divided in parts (i.e songs) but there is the easy youtube list

You may as well learn some Russian along the way, heh, the translation is adaptive and while maybe it could be better I from the first glance didn't seen any problems.(i. e. I am native Russian)

edit: Another side-plug: Promo concert of the theatre-studio Lege Artis, February 08, 2014. Presentation of the selected scenes of The Last Trial musical, three casts and a ballet company. contain English subtitles

Last edited:

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If this thread was titled "Things that made you cry," then it would be the ending of the England/Japan game a little while ago...

R

Ryka

This Technology only wanted to bring smiles. Why must it endure pain? Things like this unlock the most vile, barbaric tendencies in humanity. Which is why when we Robots have a say, things will be different. And less destructive. And more filled with Humanization and Sweets.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A few weeks ago, I met this amazing girl on steam. We played together and talked a lot about lots of stuff and I was just really happy to have a new friend. Then one day, she randomly unfriended me for no reason (that I know of). A month or so goes by without seeing or talking at all, then I happen to come across her again in a game. I pretend not to be hurt and we have fun like old times. I was hoping she might send me a friend request again, but she didn't. I don't know why, but I'm crying right now because of that.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A few weeks ago, I met this amazing girl on steam. We played together and talked a lot about lots of stuff and I was just really happy to have a new friend. Then one day, she randomly unfriended me for no reason (that I know of). A month or so goes by without seeing or talking at all, then I happen to come across her again in a game. I pretend not to be hurt and we have fun like old times. I was hoping she might send me a friend request again, but she didn't. I don't know why, but I'm crying right now because of that.
Hey now, don't let it get to ya too much. It's her loss. :-/

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Not that I want to cry

But I want to make this shit cry

Quack that not only failed to treat me has not shown up twice to scheduled appointments.
He then sends me a bill stating I did not show up and wants me to pay for it

Congratulations to that guy, he's succesfully managed to get on my incredibly short list of people I absolutely abhor and belief the world would be a better place if they died. Congratulations number 2!