THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEAM FORTRESS 2 TOPIC

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEAM FORTRESS 2 TOPIC

Not just Gpit, Obe... Do you REALLY want me to post all the screenies?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

D'aww, how could I say no to that face? Or... Say yes... What?

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Skull-cutters been gone yeah. I have a Persian persuader now.

Hi There!

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Pyro uses W+M1
It's super effective!

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So. With the release of the new Dr. Grordbot items, a new strategy for playing Soldier has arisen. Instead of barreling headlong into the sentry or sniping it, you can now disable it and move around for four seconds of sentry-free interference. This comes at the penalty of doing virtually no damage to sentries, making Soldiers who use the new items a strictly anti-player class. Another thing they did was add massive Falloff, making this new rocket launcher complete shit at long range, but ungodly powerful at point-blank.

The new Secondary is very useful for enemies who like to group up, as it does essentially the same damage as a shotgun, except with multiple hits and it continues on until it hits the environment. I've seen entire teams go down from the Righteous Bison, and I can safely say it's a force to be feared if the player using it knows what he's doing.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

That new launcher could be deadly against sentries if you happen to have a good demoman or two with you. Or any other class capable of quickly killing sentries, really. Also, Soldier's secondary potentially better at long range than primary? Huh. For some reason, it feels just weird.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

That new launcher could be deadly against sentries if you happen to have a good demoman or two with you.
If you have a good demoman, you shouldn't even be using the Cow Mangler. He can do it without your help.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Point. Is there a reason to take that thing with you, then?

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Not really. The Cow Mangler fires lasers that are gigantic and really bright. So not only are they easy to avoid (Most people who use it don't know how to lead their shots to begin with), but they have a giant "LOOK OUT I'M COMING FOR YOU" sign attached. The charged shot is annoying, but you're stuck with no ammo while the enemy has a chance to attack. The falloff damage is drastically higher than the RL, so airshots are kind of useless (Yeah yeah, Reserve Shooter, etc. I'd rather airshot and feel awesome than get a crit kill because of a broken gun) and spamming is less effective.

The only benefit I see is that if someone looks directly at the shot, their framerate might get raped and they start lagging like fuck. I'm not even kidding. It's the gun's own broken graphical design that can actually put you at an advantage. So in a close range fight, a soldier with the RL fighting the CM is at a disadvantage because lolblindedandlagging.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

And this person has a thing against self-heal.

"And now let's look at the Demo- OH GO FUCK YOURSELF."

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

And this person has a thing against self-heal.
Because, like he said at the beginning of the video, the original updates were made to encourage people to play medic more often.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Because, like he said at the beginning of the video, the original updates were made to encourage people to play medic more often.
True enough, but I'd like to see a person choose the Half Zatochi, Sandvich, or Mad Milk over a medic or at least a dispenser all the time.

Allthough on a related note, I'll go back to playing my engie guitaur. *strums*

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

... I don't think I understand. Please explain yourself.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Now, I'm not up to date on every single map that has been created, but I'm pretty sure that there's these things lying around that you can pick up and they heal you.

Granted, I thought the video was funny, but it doesn't substitute medic when all of those need enemies and risk at battle to increase.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, so I'm reading it right then? He's really saying it'd be better for people to use the self-heal items instead of a medic?

Lurker, you'd rather have a soldier/demo switch from their primary (and very effective) weaponry to their unswitchable melee in hopes of getting a kill to regain health than have a medic? You'd rather have a heavy stop shooting his minigun and just eat his sandwich instead of getting healed by a medic? The only one I could understand is having the scout throw mad milk, and even then it's no contest which one is better for the team.

You don't want a medic, who can not only provide a constant stream of health, but also make you invulnerable/enable triple damage, keep your flanks in check, and make the entire team function much more easily by having them worry less about their own health and more on the combat?

Self-heal items only make a medic's job harder. Sure, you have more health, but now the team has to wait longer for the medic to finish charging uber. Plus it was pretty pointless to bring out self-healing items in the first place when the medic is right there, buffing people up.

I really hope the games you play are just deathmatches or general dickery because you would be the worst pocket ever otherwise.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Dark, I'm fairly sure you completely misunderstood what Lurker said.

True enough, but I'd like to see a person choose the Half Zatochi, Sandvich, or Mad Milk over a medic or at least a dispenser all the time.
He's saying he'd like to see a person choose those items over a Medic or a dispenser, because it would be stupid to use them over a class and a building that are there specifically for healing roles. Or at least that's how I take what Lurker's said.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I... don't think I follow the logic on that one oni, could you be more specific, cuz I'm reading that as "Rather people use a over b because a is dumber than b." Unless you're saying that the person themselves shouldnt be a medic, not just use their team medics healing?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'm saying that it's stupid to rely on your classes healing items (Heavy's Sandvich for example) when there's a perfectly good Medic or dispenser nearby that can do the job for you rather than you stop attacking just to spend a couple of seconds being an easy target. And that's what I assumed Lurker was saying as well.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Okay wait, I think I get it now. Lurker was trying to say that it'd be amusing to see someone stupid enough to choose self-healing items over a medic. At least, I think that's what it means now. I guess my confusion and rage comes from my general hatred for these items and the fact that I assume that most people on this forum (a couple of you guys excluded) make some terrible suggestions when it comes to TF2.