What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Proper Gorgon's Garden has entries under Locations, Events and more, maybe redownload?

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score
OK it turns it there was something wrong with my MGD game since reinstalling the mod did not resolve the issue but reinstalling the entire game (minus save and mods). Sorry about the trouble.

someonebored

Reputation score
Finally got the chance to experience the conclusion to Venefica's quest, also managed to beat her at full power, solo… personal vote: 20/10. Best content in the game for me, fights are challenging, but not impossible.
Feels good to be back.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Grats! Now to take on Sofia lv3?

I'm kinda jealous. This year of Venefica has been the worst for me; made me crave rabbit stew if anything.
But I have good hope for the Labyrinth - when it's done. I read good things and good ideas, looking forward seeing what they'll turn into.

someonebored

Reputation score
Grats! Now to take on Sofia lv3?

I'm kinda jealous. This year of Venefica has been the worst for me; made me crave rabbit stew if anything.
But I have good hope for the Labyrinth - when it's done. I read good things and good ideas, looking forward seeing what they'll turn into.
Thanks!
Hm. I had already cleared all the available Sofia fights in the past, I couldn't experience the conclusion to Venefica's quest because I was on an old version of Windows (Vista, don't look at me like that, folks, The Three Charms / SHRIFT / EVILIZE all worked on that PC)… as luck would have it, the update which brought the aforementioned witch-related content also came with a small overhaul of the Ren'Py engine that gave Vista the middle finger.

Corz

Reputation score
Hi, haven't gotten too far yet. (still at 2nd dungeon.)
I like the mechanics a lot so far in terms of combat and exploration, very ambitious for sure.
The writing is quite expressive and manages to make my mind fill the blanks of how certain attacks/scenarios look like in battle or during dialogue.
I'd say this almost holds up with the likes of MGQ imo, well done so far.

However my biggest problem personally right now, is that as i mentioned my mind needs to fill in the blanks.
This game would benefit SO MUCH from some game over/special attack CG during battles.
I actually went out my way to go back and lose to Nara (the dancer) and man, it really makes me wonder how her riding on top of the hero would look like, since the text alone sounded pretty hot and even wholesome at points.
The neko girl fight in the first dungeon sounded pretty expressive as well.

And if the reason is to not have a look for the Hero since the Hero is suppose to represent the player, a work around is making those CG's a PoV shot. (Kinda like how its done with Kanade)
I know the game is not finished yet, but i found it odd on why its not there for any girl i have seen so far. (Unless im missing something.)

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I'm not in the business of spoiling anything, but Threshold posts more regularly on his Patreon. He has a lot of art that he's planning to put in the game (a lot of it is stuff relating to holds, etc) when he's finished the Labyrinth dungeon.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
We haven't had a new version since August. How many enemies are going to be in that Labyrinth dungeon?

Lazyrick

Reputation score
We haven't had a new version since August. How many enemies are going to be in that Labyrinth dungeon?
just 4. the Dommy Mommy Ceris, Sub-woofer Beris, arcane chihuahua Ushris, and the elusive fourth heckbork Iabel who, from the teaser Thresh shared back in September, beliefs in the MMO idea that the less skin the armor covers, the higher the defense.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
elusive fourth heckbork Iabel who, from the teaser Thresh shared back in September, beliefs in the MMO idea that the less skin the armor covers, the higher the defense.
In her defence, there isn't exactly a surplus of people with swords running around. You really don't want all those extra pieces getting in the way when you're about to RUTHLESSLY VIOLATE fight an adventurer.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry to BUMP this, but wanted to know if anyone has an idea what happened to the fandom wiki for this game, and/or if any other resources have reared their heads in its absence?

Lazyrick

Reputation score
Sorry to BUMP this, but wanted to know if anyone has an idea what happened to the fandom wiki for this game, and/or if any other resources have reared their heads in its absence?
is a link to the wiki copied over to mirahaze. Fandom has been removing adult themed wikis recently. Can't remember the reason they gave, but it's probably the usual, their company/bank/Godking/whatever doesn't want any association to naughty things so everything must be purged.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got it, thanks for the information!

Last edited:

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
v24 is now finally out featuring the labyrinth! And a lotta other stuff! Check the changelog! : D
It is time!...

to start another new playthrough from the beginning. Nice work, I know the Labyrinth was a huge undertaking and offers a nice new experience for the players. I'm excited to get there after testing and seeing the added imagery content to the older fights.

someonebored

Reputation score
The new characters are good, but Beris confirms herself as the best among them.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v24.a bug fix is now out!

I hope people can enjoy the update despite all the delays and issues.

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
More a fan of Ushris personally.

Definitely a good update, though. Struggling to get through Ushris' floor, though I don't necessarily mind the results of failing to do so.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Struggling to get through Ushris' floor
When in doubt, headpat. Works for me every time I don't get jailed.

I'll be looking forward to the completed Labyrinth (with full dialogue and mobs), but the preview looks pretty good. Glad to know MGD's alive.

edit: If I'm honest, the minigame feels a bit superfluous. Ren'py isn't the best engine for that, and "Monster Girl Dreams is a text based BFRPG".
The WP temple's gimmicks weren't over the top, but I was still glad the caverns reverted to the good old card-based or random dungeon delving, thus leaving more dev time for what we all care most about: headpatting more and more cute monster girls.

In case no more MGs are planned for the labyrinth, this might be a good time to tackle one of these "Side areas and side quests, such as an Elf Village" next, if that allows for a more relaxed, less constraining development that'd still fill we ravenous players' bellies.
I might be speaking out of turn, but MGD's grown a big girl; single parents are often advised to look for a suitable partner to help raise the kid healthy & strong.

Last edited:

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
v24.a bug fix is now out!

I hope people can enjoy the update despite all the delays and issues.
Unfortunately in my new playthrough, I'm getting a bug where the menu options that normally appear when you just walk into the Adventurer's Guild are appearing after confronting and defeating 2nd Phase Venefica. This is weird since I haven't had this issue in previous versions.

edit: One of the changelogs says renpy updated which may have introduced new bugs. Perhaps that's what caused it? I have no knowledge of how renpy works, though.

edit 2: I have now finished the Labyrinth and thoroughly enjoyed my time trying to beat it. Spent a lot of time losing on Floor 4. It's pretty punishing to go through a trap to get a key and then have to go back through the trap because the key was in a dead end, but that's just how it is I guess, unless I missed a key mechanic. I did end up escaping eventually. I think the Labyrinth is a fun addition and I look forward to seeing if any new interactions get added there (like how other enemies allow you to visit them instead of only re-fighting them). Capital city hype is at an all time high for me now. Super interested to see what direction it takes. Will it be another town or will it kinda be a dungeon? Maybe the laws are a little more lax there and assaults might be a little more common? Time to wait and see.

Ceris > Iabel > Ushris > Beris is my ranking. Can't help it though, I just love boobs and Ceris is very good at using them. I very much appreciate the added Headpat content as well. Especially the hat trick with Ushris.
New Slime CG is cute. Slimes are cute. Vili, Mika, and Aiko CGs are also good. I like the use of CG variations and effects to kinda give that animated feel. Very good update overall. Congrats to Threshold and the team of people contributing. OH! Also the new map is looking great!

I wanna make a game now...

Last edited: