What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

He can pull some pants on and grab a weapon in a round. Putting on armor would be longer.

Also, I need to check the rules for casting or shooting into melee but for now, Vita destroys the zombie over Esvele. Room is cleared for now. There are a couple moans from outside and upstairs there's a lot of scratching and hitting on Ireena's boarded up window.

No more hammering/trying to break through the study and kitchen window we can clearly hear then?

Also, I need to check the rules for casting or shooting into melee but for now, Vita destroys the zombie over Esvele. Room is cleared for now. There are a couple moans from outside and upstairs there's a lot of scratching and hitting on Ireena's boarded up window.

Oh, yeah. My bad. My roll should've had disadvantaged. Shooting or Casting in melee unless it is a spell touch attack or a save DC is done at Disadvantaged.

Second roll: 9.

Either way, lowest roll is 8 XD.

Still hits. Still burns it and it's dead.

I'll suspend the initiative for now since the room is clear. Esvele and Tristam can respond and if Rovana and Vita want to interact and discuss or move around, they can.

The 'secret cellar exit' is a normal cellar door to the outside of the house.

Not an escape tunnel? Ah right, Vita put that flea in my ear. :p Want me to do a minor edit, Rovana would know better, having been in the cellar. Still totally considering to steal the coach, because the pirate gets antsy just waiting for things to happen on her end.

I'm just going to react as the situation demands it. So if Rovana wants to go steal the coach, the closest, quickest route to it is the front door.

I'm just being a daring pirate captain. ^^

Hmmmm, I think I'm going to cast Fiendish vigour in my next post in IC unless something happens. Anyway post up, helping out Esvele and then attempting to close mansion doors.

U-uh I thought I'd said to ready Shield to cast if I got nailed?

U-uh I thought I'd said to ready Shield to cast if I got nailed?

Dun dun dun. Post 217 in OOC thread.

Spell Description.
Shield

Abjuration

Level: 1
Casting time: Special
Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 round

Reaction trigger: You are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell

An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Esvele with chainmail on has AC 16. So +5 to that is 21.

EDIT: Hey Blarg, are you doing a prepared action to hit zombos if they coming at you? If you do, you use up your only reaction and can't cast shield. If you are not, then you use your reaction cast shield as they attempt to hit you before the roll happens.

Last edited:

HEHEHEHE EHEHEHEHEE Said nailed.

*Ahem*

I as DM handle it in a simple way.. you can only ready one action. You can't give out a laundry list of 'if I get hit for half my damage or more I will heal but if I am attacked I will counterstrike and if several zombies attack I will...' etc.

HEHEHEHE EHEHEHEHEE Said nailed.

*Ahem*

I as DM handle it in a simple way.. you can only ready one action. You can't give out a laundry list of 'if I get hit for half my damage or more I will heal but if I am attacked I will counterstrike and if several zombies attack I will...' etc.

Yeah. Right now there is action backlog Pervy. Right now, both of our characters are attempting to close the mansion doors. So gonna wait on blueslime before posting anymore.

I doubt anything those doors can stop is gonna show up, but I hear ya.

It's true, unfortunately. If you ready your action, you use it as your one Reaction. Shield is also a reaction.

I'm willing to hand waive it this first time, so you can avoid the first hit and regain 7 hit points, but scratch one use of your spell slots.

Next time, we'll remember that Readying turns your 1 action into your 1 reaction though.

Need to hold up and let the other players make an update.

Uhhh I never readied an action though? I thought 'rushing forward to stab zombie' was pretty active. Also, Shield has a duration of 'till my next turn', so if I cast it after the first successful hit (which I would) I ought to avoid both hits, unless I am misunderstanding things.

Sorry about the long delay also things are busy aaaa.

Ah, then the issue is that esvele would have neeeded to go stand in the doorway within the flaming sphere in that case.

Back